alonimi
Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Fantasy (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Forum: Misc Fantasy (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+--- Thread: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - SolitareLee - 01-03-2020

"His heart's on fire," Ren helpfully informed the doctor. She leaned closer to Gareth so she could teasingly intone, "for meeeee."

She was going to make sure he heard that joke a lot, and got very sick off it.

"I'll make sure he drinks," Ren promised. She could make it fun. She could reward him in kisses. He would be the most happily hydrated patient ever.

A few weeks... Wasn't ideal, but if that's how long it took, that's how long it took. She'd have to set up a table in here somewhere, although a hospital was not an ideal work space. She'd have to only work on simple things, but that was fine. She had a lot of ideas for bird improvements now that she'd have access to tools and materials that weren't stolen by rats. The King hadn't seemed to think it was very good at all. She'd need to--wait, his history? She glanced uncertainly at Gareth. This was probably another one of those things he'd never talk about, like everything. It's not like he'd ever told her anything about himself willingly.

Fortunately for Gareth, Ren was distracted before she could decide whether or not further questions were in order. She did as the doctor told her, and was appropriately impressed by his candy trick, and also by being given candy. She was re-estimating her opinion of doctors. This one was a lot better than the King's Guard one, who, come to think of it, had probably been waylaid by snakes. God, she hoped so.

She mrfed her general displeasure over having something stuck to her head, barely resisting the instinct to bat his hand away. Still, candy was an excellent distraction.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, voice garbled somewhat by the presence of the lollipop in her mouth. "It's spicy?" Not the right word. Tingly? Not it either. "I like it!" She liked all candy, because she didn't get much of it. She'd have to start carrying more, for the King. She wasn't willing to kiss him after he'd eaten people until he'd had something else in there for a while.

Her head felt weird, but already a little less poundy.

"It's not cute," she informed Gareth haughtily. "It's MEDICINE. At least my treatment doesn't require me to be shirtless for the next few weeks," she added smugly. "Free show, more'n I've seen in the last year, proly, y' prude."

"I probably won't need much medical attention," she added to the doctor, because his many tools and herbs made her nervous. This was patently false, as she'd had a year of extreme neglect after a lifetime of vague neglect. "I'm all but impossible t' kill, as it turns out. Should be fine as long as no one stabs me through the chest."

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - Tindome - 01-03-2020

"His heart might actually be made entirely out of a magical flame," Karek said. "Which raises a lot of questions about his circulatory system! None of which we'll get answers to, since I don't dissect people without their consent."

"Thanks," Gareth said, sipping more water. "I want a blanket."

"Just because you're not dying doesn't mean you don't need medical attention," Karek said cheerfully. "Taking your shirt off is optional. Putting a shirt on him without moving him too much didn't seem worth the effort."

He handed Ren a steaming beaker with a small towel wrapped around it. "Drink this." It was an herbal tea with an absurd amount of honey in it. The herbs were mostly soothing. It would help get some calories into her without overwhelming her system, and get her warmed up and hydrated. He doubted she'd been drinking enough water, either. If she'd been drinking poison again, she needed to be drinking enough to piss buckets.

He set another beaker onto Gareth's bedside table, then moved to adjust the bed with the lever beneath it. It got Gareth slightly more upright, making it easier to drink. "You, too," he ordered. Gareth held the beaker in both hands, looking absurdly tiny when he did so. Still, he liked the warmth seeping through the insulating towel.

"I should have you in for a physical soon," Karek said. "I haven't seen you since the last time you drank nightshade, and I never managed to get you in for a follow-up."

Gareth frowned. "You didn't?"

"Pete said he took care of it," Karek said, "despite my repeatedly reminding him that inhuman medicine is outside his clerical specialty and I wanted to see her personally for a check-in."

Gareth pressed his head back into the pillow, shutting his eyes. "Fuck."

"Good to know," Ren said, since being dissected because she was a freak HAD been a long-term fear of hers. "Yer proly too pus-y for a blanket," she added cheerfully, patting his hand. "Alas. I'll make sure y' don't get cold."

She eyed the beaker dubiously, but relaxed a bit when Gareth was given the same thing, or at least something similar. "I challenge you," she informed Gareth. "To a drinking game. Except I think I'm gonna need a 2:1 ratio on account of yer size. Whoever gets more hydrated wins; we can count how many glasses o' water we drink. The winner gets..." She tapped her chin, considering. "Can't do anythin' fun with you injured," she said with a sigh. "Maybe winner gets a rain check fer when ur upright again."

"Fuck that guy, judgey prick. Every time I came in with dick-related injuries, which was like all of them... Fuckin' asshole," she chirped in, then took a cautious sip of the tea. She wrinkled her nose in abject disgust, quickly switching back to the lollipop. It was still too hot to chug. The heat felt good in her hands, at least. "I'll be livin' here for th' next couple weeks," she said, gesturing towards Gareth with a tilt of her head. "So you'll have plenty of time fer all th' pokin' and proddin' y'want. God knows I got a couple medical questions about myself, anyway." He would probably object to her dying again on his watch, though.

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - Tindome - 01-03-2020

"I would prefer that you not call me pus-y," Gareth said.

"I'll see if I can find something for you," Karek said.

Gareth snorted. "Loser gets to help me get to the toilet so I can piss," he said.

"You have a bedpan for a reason," Karek pointed out.

"I'm not using that," Gareth said. He sipped at the tea. It mostly tasted like hot honey, so he took another in short order.

"Dick-related injuries," Karek repeated. Then he looked at Gareth. "Yeah, that makes sense." Gareth scowled. "I don't generally do physicals with an audience, but it'll be good to know where to find you. I'll see if I can have a nurse drag a cot in." Karek, unlike Gareth, was fairly sure having her present would be good for him. Gareth's brow remained furrowed over his beaker of tea as he drank more.

"That patch ought to fall off once it's run its course, you can come get me if you end up needing another," Karek informed her. "Any other questions, comments, concerns?"

"All th' other adjectives I could think of were grosser," she informed him. She didn't think he would have ever slept with her again if she called him purulent under any circumstances. She wouldn't even blame him. "An' I'll help you get to th' toilet if yer gonna be a baby about yer bedpan. I think I might be stronger now an' I wanna test it out, anyway." The only other thing she could think of was arm wrestling the King and she didn't want to break her arm. "I think," she said seriously, "that anythin' that doesn't kill me is makin' me stronger." Unable to keep her straight face, she burst into giggles. It was just so dumb. Soul vulture. Stupid.

She drank more tea because she didn't want Gareth to beat her, even though he probably couldn't burn his tongue at all.

"Yeah, he's my lil workplace incident," Ren said with a snort, patting Gareth's hip. She was sure it wasn't appreciated, which is why she did it. "Honestly, more than th' cot, is there any way I can get a table in here? I'm a nightmare when I'm bored; we'll all be a lot happier if I got somethin' to work on, an' I swear on Gareth's goopy, flamin' heart that I won't work on anythin' with fuel or anythin' that could explode or have fumes."

"I'm already feelin' a lil better," she told the doctor, and she really was. Medical attention was great when it was more medical and less attention. "Thanks. If y'see a couple rats comin' in an' outta here, don't worry, that's jus' Phoebe and Timothy. They're clean." She considered the comparative cleanliness of rats, and the fact she was in a hospital room. "...I'll go to th' door for 'em so they don't touch anythin'." She decided. "Fer everyone's peace of mind. Thanks, doc."

She glanced over at Gareth. Now that she was thinking about it, she had some less pressing questions that nonetheless demanded some privacy. Not for his sake, this time. For hers. She'd die of embarrassment otherwise.

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - Tindome - 01-05-2020

"I don't think you're that strong," Gareth said, well aware of his own weight. "Please don't hurt yourself trying to test it."

"I'll see what I can do," Karek said, though letting her turn the hospital room into a work space seemed less good for everyone's health. Even setting aside the issue of explosions. Still, if she were determined, she'd just end up working on the floor. "Anything you can do to minimize the rats would be appreciated. Don't hesitate to come get me or one of the nurses if you need anything."

The doctor left them on their own, and Gareth focused on drinking his ostensibly-medicinal tea.

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - SolitareLee - 01-05-2020

"No promises," she said, which she was aware was not what he wanted to hear. "Jus' don't put like, yer whole weight on me. We'll be fine." Probably.

She was acutely aware the doctor could probably ban her from the hospital wing for rat-related incidents, and now that she wasn't a prisoner being held forcibly against her will, cooperating seemed much more reasonable. She'd keep all the rats out except Phoebe and Timothy, and she'd go to the door to get them and then keep them in her clothes. No one could possibly object to that. They were like... therapy animals. For health.

The hospital wing. The kitchens. She was going to have to draft up a new rat bill of rights and laws for everyone in the castle, she just knew it. Maybe she should do it petition style and present it to the King, just to get everyone on board. The whole thing would be so much easier if she could just get people to agree on the concept of conveniently placed rat litter boxes, or designated pooping cupboards. Everyone was soooo concerned about rat poop until you came up with a solution that wasn't murder. So like humans, honestly.

The doctor had been gone for a few minutes now, and Ren was just sort of staring into the middle distance, avoiding talking. She would much rather think about rats than have this conversation, but it was probably... definitely... important. She cleared her throat, awkwardly.

"Ssss, so, uh." Why was she suddenly a teenage boy, ugh. She was a strong, independent rat woman! She could have confidence! "We did the whole, uh, establishin' our feeeelin's thing, but, um... What does it... mean, uh, I mean, what? Are we? Are we something? Like, um, are we... courtin'?" It seemed patently ridiculous to define it that way when he'd spend a sizable portion of the last calendar year balls deep in her ass. "Datin'? How do we... Uh, are we gonna not have sex with other people? What's the... How are the..." She gave up, lowering her burning face into both hands. She wanted to die. She wanted her heart to burst into flame and consume her from this mortal earth, god, someone please put her out of her misery. "Don't laugh at me," she groaned, even though laughing would be valid. "It's not like I've done this before. I hadn't done any of this shit before you."

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - Tindome - 01-05-2020

He waited for Ren to decide if there was something in particular she wanted to talk about. Not volunteering information on his own was probably cheating, but he preferred to think of it as letting her steer things where she wanted them.

He tried to hide his smile behind his tea as she floundered.

"It means whatever you want it to mean," he said. "I can stop fucking other people, if you want. I don't mind who you sleep with, as long as I don't hate them." He took a long, contemplative sip of tea. "Are you asking," he asked finally, as delicately as he could, "if I'll be your boyfriend?"

Gareth narrowed his eyes. "You have to have done some of it," he said. "I would have noticed if you hadn't."

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - SolitareLee - 01-05-2020

"Are sure y'should be lettin' me make those calls?" she fretted. She wasn't even sure what the proper terms were. "I'm not really sure what the normal things are." What if she got something wrong on accident? It seemed incredibly plausible. She wasn't even sure what she wanted it to mean... She tried to stop and think about it, but she was turning red enough to risk overheating entirely. What if she asked for something that was ridiculous? She wanted to live in his amazing stupid perfect cabin--although riding to work every day on Nighthoof was enough to make her have second thoughts--and also a million other things, but now felt like a bad time to make any sudden decisions.

"I don't think I care if you sleep with other people," she reasoned, deciding to take this one question at a time. "As long as yer not like. Doing' it in front of me. Unless doin' it in front of me is the point, in which case that's probably fine too? As long as I don't hate them," she agreed, since that seemed like a fair caveat. "Although I hate more people than you. An' I'm pretty sure that if I tried to keep you from sleepin' with the King, he'd eat me. An' possibly vice versa? I mean, he wouldn't eat you, obviously, but he seems to like... Well, maybe I'm flatterin' myself, actually," she sighed. "He's got like a whole castle."

The last question was stumping her, and also causing blushing levels to reach critical mass. "I'm. I mean. I. Is that weird?" she floundered. It seemed dumb to not be dating if they were in love, but maybe 'boyfriend' was too juvenile for the kind of relationship they'd had? She had no idea.

"No, really, I've never--" she began protesting. "Oh. Wait, you mean sex. No, yeah, I'm pretty sure if I hadn't done that I woulda burst like an overripe melon." She thought back to their first time with a snort. "Could you imagine?" She'd had her fair share of back alley trysts and trading sex for goods and favors--who hadn't? But... "But never anythin'... Y'know, never anythin' with... significant feelin's or, like... commitment?" Her voice squeaked towards the end of the sentence. "I guess? Are we committed?"

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - Tindome - 01-31-2020

"There are no normal things," he said. "Anyone who says there's such a thing is actually a weirdo." That was his experience, anyway.

"I'm not going to be fucking anyone in front of you," he said with a wrinkle of his nose. "… unless you ask, I guess." He didn't think she would. Maybe with the King? Still. It didn't seem like the sort of thing she'd go asking him to do. He wasn't sure how he'd feel if she did.

"Do you want me to not sleep with the King?" he pressed. She'd always seemed to have mixed feelings about Avi, but after she'd been so insistent he talk to him just a moment ago… it was hard to tell, with Ren. Even she didn't seem sure how she felt, half the time. Still, the King didn't fuck people who said no, as far as Gareth knew. He could turn him down, if she really wanted. Like she said: he had a whole castle.

He grinned over his tea. "I don't mind having a weird girlfriend," he said.

"I'd rather not," he said. The less he thought back to that first time, now, the better. "I would have done a lot of things differently, if it had been your first time." He frowned. "I would have done a lot of things differently, anyway, if I'd known you weren't just being bratty."

Best not to dwell on that.

"Would it help if there were a ritual to make it official?" he wondered. Making things Official via ritualistic behaviors could sometimes be helpful. Create a before and an after to make the situation less confusing, less of an 'I guess this is a thing now' situation.

RE: Beg Forgiveness [Closed] - SolitareLee - 01-31-2020

Ren figured there must be normal things, but he was the one who would know. Ren was pretty far out to sea at this stage, a metaphor she regretted thinking instantly. She was still a bit sensitive about bodies of water in relation to Gareth, at the moment.

"Would you not sleep with the King if I asked?" Ren wondered, awe in her voice. She'd thought she'd had a pretty clear concept of the pecking order around here, even after she'd realized she wasn't actually at the bottom. The realities of sleeping or not sleeping with Avi vanished briefly in the light of the sheer concept that he would if that was some kind of prerequisite to being with her of all people.

Was this some sort of a guilt thing? Maybe he felt bad enough about what had happened to her that he'd do anything she asked for right now, even if he regretted it later. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she considered this dire possibility. She'd need to be careful. Or take advantage. She wasn't sure yet.

"Forget it," she said, brushing the appealing concept away quickly. She didn't even want him to not sleep with the King. She wanted the opposite of that, frankly, although if he was as cavalier about the King and his feelings as this, maybe she'd been wrong about how Gareth felt about Avi. She'd thought she noticed some definite bitter pining, though. She was pretty good at noticing it after experiencing it for so long, she thought. "I don't even wanna stop sleepin' with him, why would I want you to?" That seemed reasonable. Frankly some of the best sex she'd ever had, had been with both of them at the same time. For purely selfish reasons, there was no reason to want to close that particular avenue.

She was bright red at this point, and that probably wasn't changing. She might combust like Gareth's weird fire heart. But it wasn't a bad feeling. Just. A lot. A lot of feeling. Tentatively, she reached out to lace her fingers with his. His hands were a lot bigger than hers, but it still felt comfortable.

"We're in luck then," she grumbled, flaming red and unable to make eye contact with anything other than the bed frame. "Since I don't mind havin' a tight-ass boyfriend."

Ren's eyes widened significantly at the prospect of an Official Dating Ritual. "Is that a thing?" she exclaimed, looking unreasonably excited about it. "What is it? Is it weird? It's not like handfastin', is it? Actually, come t'think of it, human handfastin' probably doesn't involve the same, uh, process as elven." Surely not. Humans were so much more squeemish about even semi-public sex.