alonimi
Beg Mercy [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Complete (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Beg Mercy [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=776)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - SolitareLee - 10-24-2019

Ren felt sick with fear. This was it. This was how she died. Twenty fucking years, most of them on the streets, clawing her way through survival, and she was going to die because she dropped a brush in a fucking pond. Shaking, she clenched her own fists into the rocks, wishing for claws.

She'd tried running. She'd tried begging. She'd tried bargaining. She had filtered through every idea that crossed her panic-stricken mind and they all fell short. "I'm not--" she started, then stopped. What did it matter if she wasn't prey? Where was her pack? Not fucking here, that was for sure. She'd been an idiot and left them behind because she thought the dragon didn't want to eat her. Stupid, stupid, stupid. The only other person here was...

"Gareth," she said his name out loud, like a prayer, or a curse. "He's going to kill me, and you're going to let him." It wasn't a question. It was an accusation. She grit her teeth, furious and sick and terrified. She was out of instincts. If she was going to die the stupidest way possible, she was going to do it the way she'd lived.

"I'm coming out," she announced. She said that, but for a long moment her body simply refused to move. She wasn't going to outrun a dragon and she wasn't going to beat a dragon and she wasn't going to charm a dragon. She wondered if Gareth was going to watch. He'd better.

Slowly, she made her body unfurl, made herself start crawling towards death. The grin on the King's face was the scariest thing she believed she'd ever seen. How had she played prey with him not an hour ago? Idiot, idiot.

The last foot between herself and the exit, she took a deep breath, finally able to now that her lungs were no longer pressed flat inside her ribs. Then she launched herself full force at the King, a desperate, terrified snarl on her lips. She had no chance; she knew that. The second she collided with him, she'd probably be trapped and dead. But if she was going to die, it wasn't going to be running.

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - Tindome - 10-24-2019

Gareth didn't deny it.

He should have, because obviously Avi was just fucking with her. He'd been fucking with her about the brush, he'd been fucking with her when he'd licked her. It was only when she'd run that things had taken a turn for the dangerous, and that was only because it made him want to play. The King's idea of play had teeth. He had no intention of killing her, not over something like this.

Not today.

Gareth remembered all too well the sickening feeling of the King claiming one of his charges. He'd been so sure that they could make it work, that he only needed a little more time… but time ran out, and the dragon lost his patience.

The King might kill her, someday. Gareth might let him. They had time, yet. He had to believe they had time.

The King grinned wider. Ren leapt, and he caught her, wrapped his arms around her and rolled with the leap she'd made. It was an acrobatic tumble, onto his back and then onto hers before standing and lifting her entirely off the ground with his hands on her waist, twirling and spinning her through the air. He was laughing.

"She tried to rip my throat out!" he said gleefully. He tossed her into the air and caught her in a bear hug, pressing inconsiderate kisses to her neck. "Oh, she's almost as bad as you are. I'm going to eat her."

"Don't say that, for fuck's sake," Gareth said, standing and brushing snow from his tail. It gave him an excuse to hold it still, keep it from lashing in impotent fury. His eyes were still a burning red. "Like she's not scared enough."

"She's prey," Avi said again. "Fear is her home." He lifted her higher, and ran his tongue over one of her nipples before pressing his teeth gently into her skin.

She did, in fact, try to rip his throat out. When he caught her, she did the only thing she could think of. Her fingernails dug uselessly into his shoulders. Punching would be idiotic. She was holding her tight, so she pressed in close and sank her teeth against his neck with the desperation of someone with less than one way out.

She might as well have been trying to bite through granite.

They tumbled, and then she was up in the air, the King's hands on her waist, much like he'd picked her up the first time. Exactly like it, in fact. He was laughing again, too. Her body lagging behind her brain, which wasn't exactly having its finest moment either, she kicked wildly, slamming a foot into his chest and then yelping with pain.

Then she was tossed into the air, and she scrambled in mid-air like she might be able to find the traction to run in a cloud. No such luck, and then she was being hugged and... ... ...kissed? She gazed past the King and to Gareth in terrified bewilderment. The King's words were not matching his actions, and she had no idea what was happening.

Her foot throbbing in dull agony, she went limp, trying to process. The King, for his part, went straight for one of her tits. One could practically see the cogs turning behind her eyes. This time, when she kicked him, it was with the heel of her other foot, and not with the kind of force that would break her bones.

"Oh my fuckin' god, is this a sex thing?!" she demanded of both of them, having hit mortal terror and come clean out through the other end. "Will someone tell me if I'm about to die or not?!"

Gareth rubbed at the bridge of his nose. "He was just teasing," he sighed wearily. "Then you ran, and he—that made it a game. That's how he plays." Because dragon. "Obviously I didn't think he was going to kill you."

He had no business feeling hurt about the fact that she didn't trust him. She'd been making that clear every day they worked together. But to think he'd be so passive if her life were in danger… that offended him more than he cared to admit. He hadn't even liked her being frightened.

"You should get her back in the water before she freezes," he said, not that anyone had been listening to him today.

The King wrapped Ren's legs around his waist and held her by the thighs, nipping at her neck and her breasts. Gareth moved back toward the water, sick of feeling like a cold third wheel. He might as well feel warm, while he was at it.

"What a brave little idiot you are," the King murmured against her skin.

Ren stared at Gareth, blankly, as if this new information couldn't sink all the way into her brain. The King was kissing and nipping at her chest and neck, but one hundred percent of her processing capabilities were dedicated to this.

"Obviously?" she said, voice only quiet for a second before she was screeching over the King's shoulder at Gareth. It was the kind of noise that was the reason she was so often made to work in soundproofed rooms. "Obviously, you boneheaded--" Her nails were still digging into the King's shoulders, but he didn't seem bothered in the least. "What part of it was obvious?! I thought I was going to die, you fuck! Or was that not obvious? Did you think I was hiding in there for a laugh? Do you have an idea what I--" The King bit at her neck, and she shivered. She batted at the top of his head, uselessly. "I am trying to yell!"

The air was freezing, and the adrenaline had her trembling like a leaf. If the King set her down, she knew for a fact she'd collapse, so she held on instead. "You scared the shit outta me!" she whined, this one directed at the King. She was not going to cry, but only because she was very determined not to give anyone involved the satisfaction. "I thought you were about to murder me over a brush!" There may have been a single tear. She hid her face in his hair so she could wipe it off without anyone seeing, and then so she could do the same for several more. She sniffled, which ruined the effect.

"I'm cold and you scared me and I want to go back in the water," she whined.

Gareth ran his fingers through his hair, sinking back into the spring. He hadn't noticed how cold he'd gotten.

"Hm." The King untangled her limbs, and held her out again, looking her over. "She's doing that thing."

"She's upset," Gareth muttered, running a hand over his face.

"Yes," he agreed. "That." He set her back down into the water at arm's length. "This one is much too fragile," he decided.

"Yeah."

He dove gracefully into the spring, spending more time underneath the surface than a human could. Gareth watched the curve of him, the change of light beneath the water that followed him as he moved. He'd be getting bored soon, unless he changed forms. Switching too often was hard on him; the next time he changed, it would be to take them back to the castle.

"Is your foot okay?" Gareth asked.

Ren had decided she was having a shitty day, which she had a much more processed way of dealing with then having a good one.

"Fragile?" she exclaimed furiously as she was set back in the water. The King dove off, so she didn't even know who she was yelling at, just that she needed to yell. "I ain't fragile because I thought I was going to die and got scared! D any of you even understand wha' I've done to stay alive?" She might have been yelling at Gareth, since he was there. "Every day, every single day, I have to hear how I should have died or how I ought to die or how I'm gonna die! Every fucking day of the last thirteen years, I hear from someone how useless I am and how it's only a matter of time now, and you, you, you--!"

She ran out of steam abruptly as the adrenaline left her feeling exhausted. "My foot is fine," she lied. "I'm fine. I'm perfect. Can't you tell? Isn't it obvious? Your Highness, if you want me to run, I wish you'd just ask. If you want me to fight, I wish you'd just ask. Otherwise I'm just going to be guessing and one day I'll get it wrong. D'you know how fun it'd be to play hide and seek with a dragon?" She ran shaking hands through her hair. "But only cause I'd know I wouldn't die. I'm only here cause I wanna live." She tried to put in words he'd understand, exhausted. "I'm yours cause I wanna live. Otherwise I would have just let them hang me!"

Otherwise she would have swallowed rat poison, otherwise she would have kept them rioting otherwise she would have kept spiting Gareth otherwise she would let them starve her otherwise otherwise otherwise. She sank deeper into the water until only her nose, eyes, and the top of her head stuck out. She didn't understand why everyone was having so much trouble understanding mortal terror. Maybe her problem was that she was dealing with people too far up the food chain from her.

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - Tindome - 10-25-2019

The King, floating upright with his arms above the water, cocked his head. "I did ask," he said, believing he'd been very clear about the whole thing. "I even offered you a head start."

Gareth sighed. "Come here," he said, though he didn't wait for her to listen. Just grabbed her and pulled her close so that he could pin her against his chest, whether she liked it or not. "I'm sorry. You were doing very well today. I could tell that you were upset, and I should have done more."

But it was tricky. Hard to get her away from a dragon enjoying his game without making her a more interesting prize.

"If I thought your life was in danger, you would know, because I would be upset, and I would be doing more. Okay? I thought staying calm would reassure you."

"He gets very upset," Avi agreed.

"Yes, thank you."

"He argues and argues and he won't shut up," he continued.

"Yeah, well—"

"Then he gets all weepy and sick and horrible to look at."

"I don't—"

"I wouldn't kill you in front of him," the King concluded. It was not so long ago, after all, that they'd met with a sword between them. The man did obedience well, but some things didn't change.

Gareth held her tighter.

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - SolitareLee - 10-25-2019

Ren made a precursory complaining noise, like a cat, when Gareth grabbed her, but didn't so much as kick. She found that once she was being held, it was a lot easier to breathe. This didn't make a great deal of sense, but then, very little in her life did, anyway. She felt a bit like when the winter snows were piled up on uncleaned streets outside and she and every rat in the district balled together.

"Okay," she said. She was hardly going to apologize for freaking out, no more than the King was going to apologize for the terrorizing, but hearing Gareth do it made her feel better. He didn't exactly do so often, either. She relaxed against him, letting the hot water do its work. He was here, and the King was there, and no one was trying to kill her.

And, a small, planning part of her head said, if the King wouldn't kill her in front of Gareth, and Gareth was always supposed to be with her, then she would definitely know when she was to be killed. The King would summon her without Gareth's presence.

With that most pressing of issues dealt with, embarrassment was setting in. Her cheeks flushed as she considered the realities of hiding in a tiny crevice of rock and refusing to come out. And once the embarrassment was there, worries of another kind made themselves known. While she had absolutely no idea how she'd managed it--what kind of person wasn't dissuaded by begging or fear but got bored instantly the second yelling began--she'd ruined the King's fun. What if he decided she was boring? What if he tabled her proposal because she'd offended him or something?

"I think I understan' now," she said, instead of an apology, because some things were still out of range for her. "Yer jus' very scary, yer Highness, bein' a great an' powerful dragon an' also a King." Flattery did not come naturally to her, at all, but she didn't really consider it flattery when she was speaking blunt and obvious truths. "I'll try t'remember that y'won't hurt me any worse than ya think I need to be hurt." This was skirting the line of flattery, and probably sounded borderline ridiculous to Gareth, who knew that she trusted like an abused tiger, but the next line was one hundred percent honest. "Th' next time y'give me a head start, I'll be sure t'take it."

With that out of the way, she considered other things. Like the King's amusement and the feel of his teeth on his neck and some of the things he'd said now that she'd known her death hadn't been on the table, and how solid and warm Gareth was. He should do this more often. There was literally no opportunity for him to do this more often. She made herself comfortable while it lasted, finding a comfortable cranny against the warm planes of his body.

"Y'ever play hide 'n' seek, yer Highness?" she asked curiously. It seemed ridiculous that he wouldn't have, in a castle full of people to entertain him, but also, he'd only been here for thirteen, and what fucking idiot would want to be the one to introduce an apex predator to a game based on stalking and pouncing?

Gareth was relieved when she relaxed, fitting neatly against him. Now that she'd allowed herself to be held, he ran his fingers through her hair, trying to soothe her.

Her flattery worked exactly as intended on the King, but Gareth had to work not to take it personally. Even when he was able to make her understand why things had to be done a certain way, she never admitted it. She'd end the conversation still cursing at him. He had to remind himself that it was a matter of fear. She feared the King on a primal level that she'd never feared him. If he looked at it from just the right angle, it could be a good thing that she felt safe enough with him to risk the things she did.

… fucking annoying, even if it were true. What was he supposed to do to fix that? Scare the shit out of her in earnest? Bring his goddamn sword to work? No. He just had to deal with it, and remind himself that she was just a brat. A frightened, angry brat.

He ran his hands over her as she cozied up to him, and kissed her temple.

The King considered the question. "Sometimes," he said finally, "hatchlings hide in the castle, and I have to find them. The servants don't like it, but they do need the practice. They're bad at hiding." That was, after all, the function of games for the young. Teaching them important life skills, and so on. "They've also learned that they can't hide from a dragon, which is an important lesson."

The soothing worked. Her fears were being forgotten by all but her sore body and her future nightmares. Normally she'd never allow him to spoil her in such a way--perceived weakness and all that--but apparently it just took a sort-of-near-death experience for her priorities to rearrange, if briefly.

He was pushing it, though. If at any point she remembered what he'd said earlier about liking him, it'd all be over. For now, the closest she came to ruining it was saying, "Be careful there, snuggles, if y'get a boner in this position yer gonna lift me right outta th' water."

"Tha's... adorable," she said to the King, sounding amazed at the concept of the King being adorable. She was now, however, reconsidering the possibility of getting his wires crossed. She didn't need to be teaching a dragon that he could play adult hide and seek if he normally did it with children. She could definitely see why the servants didn't like it. What he was really teaching them was that hiding from a dragon was a game, which seemed like a very bad lesson to grow up learning. "So if it's a kid's game, y'wouldn't play with me," she guessed, sounding a bit put-out about it for someone who thought they were going to be eaten ten minutes earlier.

In truth, though, she would have played hide and seek with Gareth. She'd never gotten to play before, and that knowledge was in the same vein of memories as the lake. Also, she was just fond of running and hiding in general. It seemed like it would be more fun if it was for reasons other than 'being chased by the authorities, again.'

Belatedly, she blinked, thinking about something Gareth had said. She twisted her head to look back at him. "It turned into a game when I started runnin'," she repeated, eyes narrowing. "Was that cause I was scared, or is that the reason the capital stopped havin' a relay durin' the tournament games?"

There she was.

Gareth pressed his lips near to her ear. "That's why I've got arms to hold you down," he murmured. Avi probably heard him anyway, with his horrible dragon ears, but whatever. Still, he did nothing but continue snuggling at her. Because, yes. He was snuggling with her. He was being given a rare window of docility, and he was taking it. He was suspicious of the path her questions were taking, because more than once he'd had to figure out where in the workshop she'd managed to hide from him.

The King regarded the cozy picture they were making. "I wouldn't play it the way I do with them," he agreed. "I only find them," he said, grinning. "I would catch you." He considered it further. "And finding is different from hunting."

"Maybe put a pin on that until another day," Gareth suggested mildly. After what had just happened, he wasn't particularly interested in either of them following another whim. Particularly not on the basis of Ren's understanding of her own ability to emotionally handle… literally anything.

Gareth kept his face carefully blank at her question. "It was because you were scared," he said.

"Why don't we have a relay anymore?" the King wondered, lifting one hand out of the water to admire his own claws.

"I wouldn't know," Gareth lied.

"It was a silly competition," the King decided, "when I always won."

Gareth pressed his mouth shut.

Ren, as always, did not appreciate Gareth saying something erotic, which was to say she did but would deny it to the ends of the earth. It made her feel a bit less like she was being held and a bit more like she was being held, not that the distinction made sense even inside her own head.

The King was not helping, not that she understood that, either. After what just happened, his emphasis on catching and hunting should be the opposite of appealing, but now that she had a much clearer idea of what would be happening at the end of it... She shivered, although she was not cold.

This was all extremely confusing. As normal, her instinct when she found something she didn't understand was to take it apart and put it back together and tear it apart again and focus on every aspect of it until she understood.

"There might not be another day," she pointed out, which she'd tried to explain to Gareth a few times in the past when he'd wanted her to stop working on something just because it was an hour past the end of the day and he had a date or something stupid like that. "Besides, we're just talkin'. You always tell me to use my words. Always. You oughta be praisin' me for being responsible an' talkin' through my feelin's instead o' yellin' more." Now that she'd said it, she believed it with every ounce of her body. She deserved praise. "An' I wanna hear about the difference between findin' and catchin'."

That part of this line of dialogue was being had because she felt safer in Gareth's arms, the way she'd felt safer inside the little crevice, was not something she believed she'd be informing him, ever.

Her grin almost mirrored one of the King's at this revelation about the relays. She could just imagine him charging out onto the field. She could just imagine the terror, and she delighted in the imagined chaos. She also delighted in knowing something new about the King. She loved learning things about people, especially if she could use them to her advantage. How nice, to know his royal highness could be like a cat with string. She could imagine a hundred things to do with this information, most of them spectacularly funny and all of them incredibly stupid.

Gareth wrapped his arms around both her arms and her waist, the way he did when he wanted to restrain her. He wanted to minimize the amount of fuss she could kick up as he rested his head against hers, burying his face in the crook of her neck and sighing contentedly. One of his horns rubbed against her hair. They were never like this, always hurried and furious and mostly-dressed and on awkward furniture instead. She was too much bones to be soft, but there was enough flesh around his muscles to insulate against her sharp edges.

"Very responsible," he mumbled. "Good girl. I'll give you a treat, later."

Avi inched closer.

"If I'm looking for someone, and find them in the cupboard, I tell them they've been found and send them on their way," the King said. His tilted his head sideways. "If I'm hunting someone, and catch them in the cupboard, I'll pull them out of it. What I do after that…" He hummed thoughtfully. "I don't always want the same things," he admitted. Then his mouth went crooked. "But I always get what I want." He looked pleased with this. "That's what happens, then: whatever I want."

Gareth was right to restrain her, because she started squirming in protest basically immediately. She was terrible at the little things, better at being suffocated by a dragon or split open due to an unfortunate desk fire.

Between him and the King, she was suddenly having a very difficult time. The combination of what the King was saying and what Gareth was doing--and also saying, admittedly--was having a definite effect. Her heart started beating faster, her mouth going dry. Her arms were pinned to her sides and Gareth was all heat and muscle and mildly surprising amounts of body hair. She had managed to recapture the King's attention, for better or worse, and his eyes had her pinned. Every centimeter he came closer shot an indecipherable mix of feeling through her.

She was going to need serious time to process all of this, but she was made of time later and didn't want to process right now anyway. She wasn't sure what she wanted right now but she was pretty sure it involved the King talking and Gareth's idea of a treat. Her squirming took on a slightly different nature that probably wasn't helping things for any of them. Particularly giving where she was sitting.

"An' I should want that too, yeah?" she said, a little breathless. She wanted to say something to rile him up and didn't understand why. "Since I'm supposed to align to yer will and all that."