alonimi
Beg Mercy [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Complete (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Beg Mercy [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=776)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - Tindome - 10-30-2019

"I'm your manager," he said, dusting pollen off his hands. "There's a wagon village a few miles from here, I have a few of those by now."

This was a strange conversation to be having with a girl sitting naked in his yard, covered in rats.

"Daisy wants to fight everything. I… why are there so many rats." He rubbed at his face. "She isn't my wolf," he sighed. "They're my chickens, they have a coop. My goat and my sheep, they go in the stable. Bones just shows up sometimes to, I don't know. Steal meat and do nothing about the rat problem I seem to have."

Gareth considered this an important distinction. He took care of the animals that were his, gave them nice beds of straw and shelter from the rain. He had no plans to build any kind of wolf shed. He assumed Bones had a pack somewhere that she returned to, possibly bringing great bounties of boar meat.

They were really more like neighbors.

"I'm not going to kill the rat," Gareth said, thinking about killing the rat. "He can go back into the woods and stop contaminating my feed."

The King was petting the sheep.

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - SolitareLee - 10-30-2019

"No, my boss is a giant prick of an accountant with a boner fer law 'n' order, not some fuckin'... lumberjack-farmer with a wolf an' a wizard tower in the woods!" This was all very upsetting. He was wearing a sweater and simple slacks and standing barefoot in the grass and she was naked in a King's cloak and covered in rats. No part of this was correct. Well, except the rats.

"Five rats ain't a problem. Five rats is perfectly reasonable. D'you have any idea how many rats live at yer place o' work at this point?" She scowled, as if she could read his mind. "I mean it. Don't even think it. I'll know. If ya wanna talk to me about yer rat insecurities, I can tell 'em where not t'poop and y'can live together real happy-like. Or I can take him back with me, but I'd rather not cause frankly he lives a lot better out here diggin' around yer compost pile. They're not goin' back in the woods; it's gettin' into fall and they need t'be warm for the winter. Don't be a shit about it."

Byron squeaked, tilting his head, and she turned to give him a little kiss on the side of his adorable fat rat face. He was a sweetie. Of course he was. Leave it to Gareth to even get the nice rats. It was all so domestic that she felt kind of sick. Sick and definitely nothing else. She glanced over his shoulder at the house, feeling a pang of something she hated. She distracted herself by pulling his flannel on under the King's cloak. It smelled like him. She made an active effort not to sniff at the collar. It also hung down past her knees. They must have made it for him, because elves didn't come this big. The rats scurried underneath it almost the second she had it on.

"Are you gonna eat his sheep?" she asked the King. It was anyone's guess whether she was for or against sheep eating, or just curious.

"Your weird ideas about what gets me hard aren't my responsibility," he said. As amusing as it was to see her so offended by his personal life, it was uncomfortable for the two to be overlapping. He'd moved this far from the castle for a reason.

He made a face when she kissed the rat. "I'm aware that the Capitol is swarming with rats at this point," he said. "I'll assume you've already told him where I don't want rat piss." Anywhere. There was never a place where he wanted there to be rat piss. But particularly not if it was something his chickens would be eating.

"He's not eating Cookie," Gareth answered for him.

"I might," the King said.

"He just likes her because she's soft," Gareth said, "and she can't see worth a damn."

Cookie seemed to enjoy it as the King scritched through her wool. "A stupid animal," he said.

"That's how you know he likes her."

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - SolitareLee - 10-30-2019

"I think by now," she said archly. "I know exactly what gets ya hard." Her challenging expression suggested that she was considering giving a demonstration. If the King hadn't been here and also a dragon, she probably would have. It felt kind of weird to be sexual in front of a dragon-shaped dragon. He just seemed a lot more Kingly like this. She was, however, in his over-sized flannel, and suspected she could use that to her advantage if, for some reason, she decided she wanted to kill what little was left of her ability to move her legs.

"I haven't told him anythin'," she said, frowning. "We jus' met! Unlike some people here--" all the people here-- "I don't go 'round givin' orders when we just met." She said this despite the fact she'd been giving them instructions not minutes prior. "But if ya promise yer gonna be nice and maybe leave them out some snacks this winter, I'll tell 'em to stay outta the animal feed an' yer cupboards an' not to steal any eggs. Yer chickens proly lay a few more than ya get. Byron's pretty fat." She considered Byron briefly, weighing his intelligence in her mind. "I'll make it stick. Should at least last ya through the winter."

Ren didn't know that she cared for the implication that the King liked stupid animals, given his enjoyment of her company for most of the day, but she supposed she shouldn't flatter herself.

"Y'have a sheep named Cookie 'n' a goat named Daisy 'n' a wolf named Bones. I don't see why havin' a rat named Byron would be so terrible." She held him up towards Gareth, pointedly. Byron was adorable to her, but he was over a foot long if you counted the tail. "Promise," she insisted petulantly. "Otherwise yer ridin' back to the castle with five rats."

"Prove it when you're not covered in rats," he said. She'd look cute swimming in the flannel if rodents weren't also swimming in it. He tried not to wonder when the last time she'd sat in the grass was—if she'd ever sat in the grass, living in the city.

He rolled his eyes when she held the rat up to him, a gesture that had to involve most of his face to get the point across when his eyes were solid black. "Yes, fine, I promise. Get back in the basket rat-free, please."

The King stood, bending his neck to nose at Gareth's back. Gareth, exasperated, reached back to rub at the King's snout. "We're working on it," he said, assuming the dragon was impatient. "Coming here was your idea."

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - SolitareLee - 10-31-2019

"This'll take just a minute," she said apologetically to the King. She looked down, a little dejectedly, at her half-finished flower crown. Oh well. It wasn't like it mattered; it was just something to do. "It's tricky to speed this sorta thing along."

She probably shouldn't be explaining how this worked, or even showing this to Gareth or the King. But her privacy was less important than making sure Gareth didn't immediately go out and buy some rat poison. Or just take some from work! It wasn't like they had a shortage of it there.

Ren relaxed back into the grass, and the other rats scurried off her to chew at the cheese on the ground. She needed to focus on Byron. She could do this quickly, but she needed to make sure he was alright with it first. Rats were already clever; she just gave them a little push. But not everyone wanted a little push, not even already clever rats. She held him up in front of her face, and he pushed his head against hers. A good sign.

Byron had lived a good life since he'd found Gareth's cabin. The memories from before she'd landed by the lake were hazy, but enough that before long, she knew where Gareth kept his cheeses and how many chickens he had. She also knew he had an axe and sometimes chopped wood, which was terrifying to Byron and less terrifying to her, even through a rat's eyes. She also knew that Byron liked it here and wanted to stay, and the other rats meant that there'd be children before long. If she wanted to keep this thing under control, she'd have to be serious about it. He was serious about it too. He was a family rat. She could respect that.

She pulled Byron away from her face and looked up towards the King. "Can I borrow yer hand for jus' a second?"

The King lifted up his hand, which was significantly larger than she was, and held it out to her. Hmm. Well. It had worked on ham. There was a moment of indecisive manhandling of one clawed finger while she tried to work out how to do what she wanted to do--this was what happened when you stripped her of knives--and finally she got visibly frustrated and just sliced the back of her hand on one of the King's claws. It was very sharp, so it didn't take a lot of effort, and blood welled up immediately.

"I meant t'do that," she said, to ward off Gareth's inevitable protests. "Quiet."

She wiped off some blood on her other hand, and held it out to Byron, who sniffed it a few times before beginning to lick. It was more sanitary this way, which was mostly for Gareth's benefit. If he saw a rat licking from an open wound on her body, she knew for a fact he'd have seven entire fits and probably throw the rat into the woods with the same force as he'd thrown that boar carcass.

There was, as always, a moment of vivid reshaping of the world. For Byron, not for her, but it was still disconcerting. She gave him a few long pets from head to tail as he processed, then silently went over Gareth's oh-so-important poop laws.

"Sorry I can' stick around," she apologized. To the rat. "You'll be alright, yeah?" He seemed to think so, but everything was a lot, all over the place. This would be a bit of an experiment. "I normally don't leave 'em so quick," she told Gareth reproachfully, and to a lesser extent, the King. "He might be a bit disoriented for a bit. You be nice. Leave out some food tonight. And keep yer fuckin' wolf away from the stable, so he can settle in."

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - Tindome - 10-31-2019

Gareth was trying not to be judgmental. It became gradually more difficult, and he almost intervened when she went and stabbed herself with the King's claw.

"That's—" He bit back his complaint with an aggrieved noise, pressing his hand over his mouth, his brow furrowed.

That was how she did it? That was how she'd been doing it the entire time? How many rats, exactly, had gone through this process? But, no—certainly not all of them. The other rats had been obeying her already, through whatever process it was that he was already familiar with.

He hadn't previously wondered about the source of her affinity for rats. Certain people had an affinity for certain animals, sometimes. It happened. Chosen by spirits, cursed by fae, blessed by other different fae, born under a weird moon, parents had sex with something that humans probably shouldn't have sex with. Any number of things could result in some kind of rat waif.

Feeding blood to a rat, though? Either she was capable of blood magic—and he didn't think she was—or else she had magic blood. Both options introduced dangerous possibilities. He doubted she'd cooperate if he tried to grill her on it, and she didn't exactly seem well-versed in magical theory besides. Did she even know how it worked? Had she been leaving little breadcrumbs of her soul in a series of scattered rats? That really would be just his fucking luck.

It'd be hunting for a needle in a haystack if he tried to find anything in the books he had left, but it might be worth it to take a look sometime. If nothing else, he could figure out if she'd just let loose some kind of familiar on his property.

"Gross," the King announced finally, rendering his verdict on the whole proceeding. He licked her blood from his claw, unconcerned that he might be affected by whatever it was that it did to rodents.

"I don't control the wolf," Gareth said. "I'll see what I can do."

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - SolitareLee - 10-31-2019

Ren was passingly aware that what she did with rats was strange and alarming, even if she didn't quite know to what extent. It hadn't been until Gareth had expressed confusion and some degree of consternation that she'd even realized she was particularly unusual. The world was filled with strange things, and she'd just sort of assumed that somewhere out there was a bunch of people with an affinity for all sorts of random animals. The blood thing, she had found out entirely by accident.

She nodded vaguely at the King's judgment. "Yeah, kinda. Not how I like t'do it, but when yer dealin' with fussbuckets like th' boss, well, needs must 'n' all that."

She set Byron down on the ground and he scurried around in semi-dazed circles, no doubt dealing with a number of new philosophical concepts and maybe some revelations on his size in the scale of things from him to a goat to her to Gareth to the King. He was a big rat. That did not make him big.

"Do yer best," she scolded Gareth. "I didn't fuckin' do that cause I find it so super fun and morally unquestionable." She held up her hand. "Y'got a bandage? Cause I feel like yer gonna yell if I wipe this off on yer towel." She began to stand, shakily at first, but she found her balance quickly. Even if it was a somewhat wobbly balance. "Go on, back t'the stable with ya," she told the rats, nudging at one with a toe. "Keep an eye on 'im, he's gonna have a headache like y'won't believe." It wasn't necessary to talk to them out loud, but it was a habit she'd never broken. Humans, or whatever she was, needed social contact, and no one had ever been lining up to give that to her other than the rats.

"Thanks fer the detour," she said to the King. "I made ya half a flower crown." She held it up. "Well, like a quarter. Yer head's kinda big," she apologized. "I didn't realize Gareth was gonna be rushin' me out o' his yard." She should have, though. Why would he want her here, at his home? He probably resented her for knowing it existed, resented her more now that she'd saddled him with a sentient rat. She began the somewhat arduous process of climbing back into the basket, which came to an abrupt end when the King gave her a 'helpful' nudge and she went sprawling forwards into it, tangled in oversized flannel and oversized cape.

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - Tindome - 11-05-2019

"The towel's not important," Gareth said. He took the corner of it in his teeth and tore it, ripping away a strip of cloth. He took her wrist, and dabbed the blood away before wrapping the strip of cloth around her hand. He tied it into a bow, and lifted it to his mouth to kiss it almost as a reflex.

"I am extremely large," the King agreed with a flex of his wings.

"I'm not rushing," Gareth lied. "We're only here to grab some clothes. It's a detour, not a visit." The King nudged her into the basket, and Gareth watched her fall into it with a frown. "Be careful."

"I am always careful," the King lied.

"Are we good? We have everything? No one's going to have to turn around because they forgot their favorite rock?"

The King swept his feet out from under him and tipped him upside-down into the basket.

"Oh, fuck off," Gareth said, upside-down and bent in half as the King laughed.

RE: Beg Mercy [Closed] - SolitareLee - 11-05-2019

Ren should have been used to Gareth being between moderately and extremely medically attentive, but something about the sight of him tearing a towel apart with his teeth before bandaging her with it had her cheeks heating up. She elected to deal with this by ignoring it, staring off into the middle distance and trying to look grumpy while he bandaged her hand. She was pretty red by the time he kissed it; she snatched her hand away before limping to the basket and getting subsequently pushed in.

"I'm tryin' not t'make dick jokes while yer huge," Ren complained to the King. "Yer not makin' it easy." She deliberately avoided saying he was making it hard. Some things were too obvious.

"Don't piss on me an' call it rain," she snorted. "I get it. Y'don't want work at home." This was the nicest possible way to phrase the situation, which was very clearly that he didn't want her at his home. She shrugged, trying to pretend it didn't bother her. "Don't try t'act like yer not uncomfortable with me here. Yer a shit liar, we been over this. Besides, I get it."

She had a good laugh at Gareth's expense as the King tipped him into the basket as well, just as easily as he'd done to her. It was beyond cute when he did that. She found she liked the way the King acted towards him now; it felt like a quiet reassurance that her fears were for naught. Gareth and the King currently had some history and significant fondness there. If she didn't have to worry about him being eaten, she could focus on herself and not feel guilty. "I love when he makes y'look tiny," she said with a giggle. "I'm seein' a lot o' new sides t'you today."

She felt strange in an over-sized flannel and a too-large cape, and tried to roll up the sleeves with mixed success. She was still absolutely swimming in it, and even buttoning it up to the top button left enough space for it to hang open enough to half-reveal one thin collarbone. She positioned herself near the edge of the basket on her knees again, but there was no pretending she wasn't set to watch his house as they flew away. The implied rejection stung, for unclear reasons, but she still wanted to be able to close her eyes at night and imagine it, along with everything else she'd seen today. She knew going back to four small walls wasn't going to be easy after this. She knew she'd feel like shit tomorrow, and would have a very hard time forcing herself out of bed. She'd need all the idyllic mental images she could get.

Gareth crinkled his nose. "If I wanted to piss on you, you'd know it by now," he said. Metaphors were metaphors, but he'd prefer ones that didn't involve plausible fetishes.

He managed to right himself without kicking her, which was tricky with legs as long as his were. He sat against the basket's wall with a blanket, one knee against his chest. He didn't throw a blanket over his head just yet. He rubbed at the base of his horns, fingers touching the edge of the gold ring still sitting securely around one of them.

"I get enough shit from you without getting shit about this," he muttered, almost more to himself. He liked his life, his cabin and his garden and his idiot sheep. He liked going home to somewhere comfortable and entirely his, untouched by anything resembling work. No swords, no cannons, not a hint of stoicism for the sake of looking stoic.

That was unfair to ascribe to her, of course. She had nothing but a room in a secured dorm. He didn't even know where she'd lived before that, other than the streets. These weren't conversations they had. If she wanted to accuse him of softness, of being spoiled and sheltered, it was the least he could do to allow her that small pleasure. No point in taking it personally.

It wasn't as if she'd ever taken him seriously, except for when he made her.

"You look cute," he said, as the King picked up their basket and started to take off. The chickens took great offense to the sudden rush of air.

"It's a sayin'!" Ren protested, mildly horrified. "I put up with a lotta shit from you guys, but if either if ya go in for a golden shower, I'm takin' the whole dick 'n' balls with me as a warnin' to others, my hand t' god."

Kneeling in the basket as she was, with Gareth pre-head-blanketed, it was easier to have a conversation and still see. It would have been easier if she could sit on Gareth's lap, for the extra height it would grant, but she had absolutely no idea how to ask for that. Should... should she just climb on? Would that send the wrong message? Would he let her live it down? Mmm, no, probably not. She knelt next to him as the King took off, watching the cabin and tiny stable. From this angle, she could see a garden behind it.

"Oh, right, yeah," she said sarcastically. "Homeless felon gonna give you a real hard time about yer fuckin' hand-made lookin' cabin in the woods where y'live an inexplicably idyllic elven lifestyle. I ain't got much use for rocks in my glass house. Th' shit I give you, you deserve. Inexplicable goddamn bullshit, the airs y'put on, an' yer shitty, dumb priorities." She gestured vaguely towards the rapidly disappearing lake. "Who wouldn't fuckin' live there if they could?"

She shoved at his shoulder, flushing indignantly. "Yer only sayin' that now cause I don't have any rats. If y'only find me cute when I don't have rats on me, y'don't find me cute." She rested her arms against the side of the basket and set her chin down on them, unbothered by the force of the wind blowing her hair around and making the fur on the King's cloak twist.

"...I miss elven flannel," she admitted, plucking idly at a sleeve. "Takes me right back."

There was less scenery here for the King to swoop at, and he took a more direct route back toward the castle. Knowing the terrain made things a little easier for Gareth, letting himself believe that they weren't too high off the ground. A survivable distance, maybe. Keeping his eyes on Ren instead of looking outside the basket also helped.

"Cute," he said again, instead of bothering with any kind of serious debate on the topic. It was funny the way she blushed at little things, holding her hand and kissing her hair.

"Spend a lot of time in wagons?" Gareth asked, neutral enough that it might sound a little like teasing. He got the feeling that phrasing it like a real question, showing actual curiosity, might get her to clam all up about it. Like that thing she'd said earlier, something about a lake. Maybe if he prodded gently enough, she'd let something fall out without noticing.

He thought of her as a city girl, same as he thought of rats as a city problem. Nothing logical to it, just an assumption. Worse to imagine there'd been a time she'd been used to open spaces.

She shoved at him again, grumpily, but without any real force behind it. Cute was an uncomfortable affixation, not for any real reason. It felt like he was making fun of her. But she had long since figured out that there was a difference between people you'd fuck and people you'd like, and she supposed cute might fall on the prior side of those things. If he, or the King, or both, genuinely found her cute, more power to her, she supposed. It was still embarrassing, and it still didn't mean anything real.

"Oh, yeah," she said sarcastically. "I'm in jail for arson but I spent a lot o' time in caravans. Idiot. Nah, I just used to trade with the elves when they..." she trailed off. "Is that illegal?" she asked guardedly. "Am I confessin' to another fuckin' crime if I tell ya I used to trade with travelers cause they liked payin' in food an' clothes?" She sighed. She couldn't go to jail any harder, but he did seem to use these things like a... tally system of how much she deserved everything that was happening to her. More proof he had her on the right side of things, locked away from the good people.

"I don't know what you got up to," he shrugged. "Nah, that's legal."

Admittedly, there was an interesting conversation to be had about the tax implications if Aeris had a sales tax on trade above a certain value, but he was self-aware enough to know that she wouldn't find this interesting. Avi also found it uninteresting. That was why they didn't have a sales tax. Which he wasn't complaining about, but sometimes in his more self-aggrandizing moments he did wonder if the tax code had been rewritten because the King thought he was boring.

"Trade's how I got that," he said, gesturing to the flannel she wore. Or it might have been a gift, but he couldn't keep track. Better to keep her at ease. "You're fine."