alonimi
Meetxute [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: Misc Sci Fi (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: Meetxute [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=755)

Meetxute [Closed] - SolitareLee - 12-19-2017

[Image: RKdP2Bc.png]
A Xulian RP

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - SolitareLee - 12-19-2017

Xamantha Xrome was having a shitty day.

And it was almost 85:00 so that was seriously an accomplishment. His only relief was that at least it was almost over. Then he could be having a shitty night instead.

His hair was driving him crazy. He wanted, desperately, to cut it off. He told himself he could, probably, into some kind of cute asymetrical bob. Those were all the rage right now, no one would even bat an eye. But his paranoia wouldn't let him... or maybe his vanity. Was there a word for those two things, combined? Paravanity? Vanoia? Ugh.

He was so childish for wanting to take part in the tired and most outdated of gender stereotypes. He knew they had nothing to do with what made him a man--that was inside him, and try as he might, it couldn't be killed. It would soothe the screaming for, what, a few days? And then he'd want more. He'd always want more. So he stopped himself before he even started.

Most of his irritation was actually aimed squarely at some of his classmates. Particularly Xaryn Six, who always seemed to know just how to push everyone's buttons. Xam's very much included, though he was at least good at pretending not to be bothered. She was just the kind of person he hated, conservative in the most annoying ways. Not even the ways in which Xam himself could lean ever-so-slightly conservative! Just the ones that let her lord herself over men and the lower classes. Trash talking Easterners when the only one in class was out sick... Pathetic.

Not that Xam was much less pathetic for getting this irritated about it.

So he was taking a walk out of the city and sulking. Maybe he'd go near the edge of the island and just enjoy the view. Or rent a Xragoon? It wasn't like he didn't have the money, thanks to his mother's considerable allowance for his time in school. She was so proud that her daughter was becoming an attorney. The bonus he got for being top of his class was just icing on the cake, really. More than he needed, and all he ever really spent it on was the latest fashions, in his ever-evolving quest to appear as concerned with his appearance as possible.

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - kaykaythebird - 12-20-2017

Ixxy Xineet wasn't really sure why this person was shouting in her face. She had been going through her motions, giving the xragoons in the stables their food that they needed every five hours - except Rixe, who was sick and needed food and medicine every two. Oh, and Bexie, who had to be handfed her kibble every hour because she was recovering from an old mouth injury. Other than feeding, though, she was managing the stable's tack and other supplies, along with its finances. Normally she wouldn't be doing all of it by herself, but the stable owner, Xira, was busy in town all day. Meeting with some important people, she'd said.

Ixxy didn't really care, she preferred staying with the xragoons anyways. Except when people like this showed up. What was she saying? Something about suing her? She blinked, and returned to real life.

"-and if you even think for an instant that I won't have someone burn this shack to the ground, you're wrong! Combined with my parents, my legal power is so strong that you'll regret the day you ever..." Ixxy regretted paying attention for longer than an instant.

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - SolitareLee - 12-20-2017

Xam sulked his way all the way to the xragoon stables, deciding that yes, he would just take a ride to clear his mind. It was one of the few things that always worked, because xragoons generally didn't care if you had gender dysphoria and angst. They cared if you had food.

Unfortunately, it seemed like he wasn't the only one with that idea. He heard Xaryn's shrill fury before he even went inside. Why? Dhaj, why would she have to be HERE, of all places? He sulked around outside for a minute, before a certain phrase caught his ear. There's no way she'd yell at Xira like that. That was a legitimate threat, or close enough that any Xulian with Xira's worth would...

He stalked in, eyes falling only briefly on the confused and only slightly worried looking stablehand. She was kind of just a conveniently placed excuse, if he was being perfectly forthcoming--which he never was.

"Djee, burn it to the ground, Xaryn? That's quite the legitimate threat to her property and place of business," Xam said, a light little smirk on his face.

Xaryn scoffed. "If she'd like to challenge myself or my family, she's more than welcome to. If you want to talk about real threats, we can talk about how one of these stupid xragoons nearly took my hand off!"

"They're xragoons," Xam repied lazily. "Kind of what they do. What kind of Xulian makes that much fuss over a love bite, anyway? I'm more interested in that threat. Did you know, the owner of this place, Xira, she's a friend of my mother's."

Xaryn's eyes narrowed, having caught on by now that Xam was up to something, but clearly unsure as to what, exactly.

"My mom actually invested quite a bit to help her get this stable off the ground! You could say we're primary shareholders, in fact." It was so satisfying to see the way Xaryn's face fell as she saw a few steps ahead. "So, you see, you've just made a really credible threat to my family's business, Xaryn!" Xam continued, voice dripping fake concern. "And without Xira here to deal with it, I'm pretty sure it falls to me to protect my family's interests." Xam took another step forward, grinning broadly, to stand between the stable-hand and Xaryn. "You're second in our class, Xaryn! I know I don't have to remind you about the second amendment, for goodness' sake."

"Fine. I'll leave," Xaryn says, crossing her arms and looking away.

"That's not what it says, Xaryn~" Xam said, voice gleefully sing-song, taking another step forward.

"You're bluffing. You wouldn't dare."

"I'm very passionate about the law, Xaryn." Xam's grin was maybe a bit broader than grins, as a general rule, should get. "And the second amendment is one of my favorites."

"My mother would--"

"Time's up~" Xam said, and launched himself forward with a xala-filled bound, summoning his sword right to his hand. Xaryn had just enough time to throw up a shield, but the force of the collision carried her most of the way out of the stables.

"You fucking lunatic!" yelled Xaryn. "Over some idiot eastern paleskin?"

"Absolutely, Xaryn!" Xam replied gleefully. "Abso-fucking-lutely!"

He threw up a shield when Xaryn threw a fireball, not just over himself, but over the whole entrance to the stables. The last thing they needed was spooked Xragoons. Now that was a shitty way to die. Xaryn took that opportunity to get distance between them, eyeing the range of Xam's longsword, probably calculating the speed with which he'd moved before.

Xam just grinned and snapped out his hand, sword coming undone into long segments attached by thin chain. It twisted forward and slashed against Xaryn, who barely got a shield up to cover her left side in time.

"Fuck this!" she yelped. "I'm out of here! If you want satisfaction you can bring it up with my family!"

Xam didn't chase her when she ran, though the amusing mental image of wrapping his sword around her ankle and tripping her did play through his head. Instead, he let his sword snap back into one piece and just enjoyed the sight.

"Hahaha, that's totally gonna bite me in the ass later," he said, still grinning, and not even slightly regretting it.

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - kaykaythebird - 12-20-2017

At first Ixxy had been following their discussion, her eyes flicking nervously back and forth. Then, when the other stranger launched herself forward at the first one, Ixxy stumbled back, banging the back of her head into one of the stall doors - coincidentally of the same xragoon that had nipped gently at the first woman's hand - Alixed. He began making loud, concerned noises at her, and she hurried to calm him before he spread the ruckus to the others.

Too late.

The other xragoons started calling out, anxious to see what was going on. "Ah, Dhaj," she groaned, resting her forehead against her palm.

Concentrating, Ixxy closed her eyes, and spread her xala throughout the stables, connecting with each xragoon in an attempt to calm them all simultaneously. It took a while, but it eventually worked. The stables were quiet once more, leaving her to sit in a heap on the floor. The connections with the xragoons were like a balm upon her senses, but Dhaj did it make her weary.

It was only then that she realized that the first woman was long gone, leaving just Ixxy, the xragoons, and the other woman alone in the stables.

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - SolitareLee - 12-22-2017

Xam let out a long breath, trying to calm down his xala. Every part of him had really wanted to spill some blood. It was probably better that he hadn't, but still.

He glanced back over the stables. The Xragoons were all remarkably calm--he'd been seriously worried that the fireball would set them off. And, of course, if he'd gone and slaughtered some idiot just outside, they probably would have gone wild.

Just because letting Xaryn go had been the right call didn't mean he didn't kinda regret it, though.

Oh. Wait, right, there was the woman there. Still. Uh. Hmm. He should probably say something and not just leave immediately.

"A girl's gotta protect her assets," he said with a smirk, tossing his sword into the air before letting it vanish away. "Glad I came along when I did. Xaryn's a real piece of work when she thinks she can get away with it."

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - kaykaythebird - 12-22-2017

Ixxy wasn't sure what to do, so she said, "Thank you for making her leave." She shuffled awkwardly, then continued. "My name is Ixx- Ixek Xineet."

Bexie gave a soft merp behind the woman, catching Ixxy's attention. She was straining her neck to smell something just out of her reach. "Oh... She left something."

Ixxy went to go investigate, affectionately pushing Bexie's gargantuan head out of the way as she crouched down. "It's her purse." She muttered, looking up at the other woman. "What should I do, uh..." she asked, at a loss for her name.

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - SolitareLee - 12-28-2017

Xineet... not a last name that Xam recognized. So not anyone seriously important, probably. Not that he'd really suspected she would be, all things considered. Still, he was glad he could have helped, even if it was kind of incidental.

"Xamantha Xrome," he said with a winning smile. "To be honest, I was coming here to rent a xragoon, but I think I managed to chase away my shitty mood without needing to."

He paused as the woman went to investigate what the xragoon was curious about. A... purse? "Oh, Xaryn left it." Xam chuckled briefly. "I suppose I could return it to her... or chuck it off the island. Although if you want the honors, feel free. Just don't tell me about it, so I can tell her I have no idea what happened to it if she asks," he added with another laugh.

"Don't feel bad," he added, a bit more seriously. "That's just Xaryn. She's just a bitch to anyone she thinks she can be a bitch to. I'm sure you didn't do anything other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time."

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - kaykaythebird - 12-28-2017

Ixxy nodded slowly, picking up the bag delicately. Then she wrinkled her nose in disgust. "This smells awful." It seemed that the pretty teal bag had picked up the pungent odor of the used hay underfoot.

She made to tuck it under her arm, but paused. "Maybe we should give it back? If- sh- we..." Ixxy stopped herself, blowing an irritated raspberry at her awkward words. "It smells like Dhaj's armpits," she said, the epitome of eloquence. "She should have the chance to enjoy the smell too."

Ixxy set the bag down on a table near the entrance, then motioned for Xam to follow her to the first stall. "You can still rent a xragoon, if you'd like?"

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - SolitareLee - 01-07-2018

Xam winkled his nose as well, but couldn't help but grin. "I suppose it would be the just and fair thing to do, us being such upstanding citizens and all," Xam agreed gamely. It was still sort of tempting to just drop it off a Xragoon, but he didn't want the girl to get into trouble or something. He could take care of himself, sure, and had enough familial clout to avoid anything he couldn't handle on his own, but this random xragoon handler... probably significantly less so.

"I'm not sure," he said with a bit of a sigh, leaning against the stall she led him to. "To be honest, I was really only bothering to improve my mood, and Xaryn took care of that for me pretty handily." He eyed the xragoon over the stall wall. His sister was really into them, but he'd never gone through a xragoon stage. Mostly, he just liked them for getting from A to B or flying around for the sheer sake of flying. More fun than an airship, but honestly way more annoying, too.

He should probably head back and study or something, but that was pretty unappealing at the moment, as well.

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - kaykaythebird - 01-07-2018

The xragoon whose stall... Xaryn? No, that was the other woman. Xanna? Ixxy was awful at names - of people, not xragoons. She remembered every single xragoon and its name she'd ever met, even from when she was a small child. It wasn't necessarily that she recognized them by how they looked, but by how their xala each individually interacted with her own. It was a process that she loved more and more every time she met a new xragoon.

Anyways, the xragoon who lived in that stall was Ixfeldon. She was a dark green color, with long, heavy, spiraling horns that by all means should have tipped her over any time she tried to go anywhere. And she was more than interested in the newcomer's hair and face.

"Are you okay with xragoon drool?" Ixxy asked, right before Ixfeldon opened her mouth and licked the woman from her chin to the top of her hair.

The thing with xragoon drool, was that it was thick, heavy, and stuck to literally anything. Great for hair gel - not that anyone would consent to having drool in their hair. Not great for much else, however. Like good hair days.

"Ah," Ixxy winced, lowering her hand to rub wearily at her eyes. Her arm had shot up as if she could somehow stop Ixfeldon from licking the woman. "I'll, uh... I'll get you a towel."

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - SolitareLee - 01-21-2018

Good deeds never went unpunished. This was more true in the North than perhaps anywhere, but Xam had been expecting retribution from Xaryn's family, not from a xragoon.

He pursed his lips, clearly irritated and just as clearly trying not to say anything about it. He wiped his face off as he stepped back from the stall, then swung his hand to try and get the spit off of it.

"A towel would be great," he said, voice tight with withheld irritation. "Thanks."

It's not like he could reasonably be mad at the girl, or the xragoon. It was his own fault; xragoons were notoriously obnoxious. He could wash off properly at home. Ugh. He wasn't looking forward to getting this garbage out of his hair, though, that was for damn sure. It was irritating enough to keep it this long.

"I'm surprised Xira left you alone here, actually," he said, making light conversation for the sake of keeping himself from seeming too angry as she fetched a towel. "You haven't been here long, have you?" He didn't think so, anyway. He could have just missed her, admittedly. Though he was pretty sure he'd remember that skin. Easterners weren't uncommon here, or anything, but she was covered in freckles to the point where she practically had two seperate skintones.

RE: Meetxute [Closed] - kaykaythebird - 02-18-2018

Ixxy was almost positive that Xam was more angry than she seemed, but... she couldn't really tell. Not that living around mostly xragoons for 14 years helped in that aspect. Picking out a fluffy towel from the closet in the back of the stables, she facepalmed at herself. "Way to go, Ixxy," she murmured, then turned when she heard Xam's question.

"Oh, no I haven't, actually. I used to live in the East - a small town right outside of Isapri - but I'm staying here for a year or two," Ixxy said, trying in vain not to think of the xragoons who had never known a handler other than her and Anxilla, the owner of the Eastern branches. She handed Xam the towel. "Anxilla said it would be good for me to get some experience outside of Wirblee - the town, I mean. Sorry about your hair, again. They don't usually lick people, especially not their hair. Usually some love nips, but that's about it. And sometimes they get their whole mouths in the business, but-"

Ixxy paused, realizing that she had been rambling. "Sorry, I'll just, uh.... I'll let you finish up there," she finished lamely, gesturing at Xam's hair.