alonimi
Collecting Cats [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Collecting Cats [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=752)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Collecting Cats [Closed] - saronym - 11-13-2018

Nic was still mid-smirk teasing the uncertain Andi, “Everything I say is true,” his outlandish claim was interrupted when someone bumped into him. His face had pulled into a frown as he turned to see who it was. The voice registering before the face.

“Teagan,” he breathed sounding quite miffed with the bump he’d suffered. Really he was annoyed that she was making her presence known. Clearly she didn’t think she needed to check out someone like Andi, just some random citizen he’d met.

“Teagan,” He said a second time trying to sound warmer, “I’m doing fine, thank you for asking.” He said with the kind of forced politeness he’d learned as a member of the royal family. So often one was forced into social interactions he didn’t want to have expressly because he was a Prince and yet he was nonetheless expected to be as charming and open no matter the occasion.

“This is my friend Andi. Andi, this is my -” he stopped himself from saying guard and chose a different word instead, “Teagan. Andi,” he said quickly to cover up his near mistake, “was repaying me for spilling coffee on my green suit the other day by making me buy them coffee.” Nic explained wondering if Teagan had observed that interaction and would remember.

“So what brings you around here, T?” He asked settling a neutral but subtly cold look on his guard woman who was clearly intruding. It was obvious that he expected her to keep her cover or there would be hell to pay with the Prince who was imminently capable of channeling his father’s signature temper.

RE: Collecting Cats [Closed] - megs - 07-11-2019

Teagan's grin managed to turn from teasing to Cheshire in nature. Nicholas was looking down at her with a cool indifference that she translated as an obvious sign of his annoyance with her. "Nice to meet ya," she said, charmingly, to Andi as if the young prince wasn't threatening to murder her with his eyes if she stepped out of line.

Nic and Teagan worked well, much better as other royal child-guard pairings because Teagan for the most part stayed out of Nicholas' way. Some guards were near suffocating in their work, ever-vigilante and too obviously present. She heard that Princess Anita had thrown a fit when she had first been assigned Lieutenant Weatherfare. That issue quickly resolved itself when they started dating, but not every guard could be so lucky.

When Nic didn't refer to her as a guardsman, she knew that he was keeping his royalty a secret from the young person he was with. She wondered why.

"I forgot my wallet," Andi explained, sheepishly. "But I really do think he was the one who ran into me." Andi smiled, and it was cute. Amber eyes bounced over their appearance, from bright red Converse to a swoop of brown hair. Adorable. Which explained everything.

"Nic does love his suits," Teagan continued to tease. "And his coffee for that matter."

"How long have you been friends," Andi asked. Hoping to get some dish on the still quite mysterious man.

"I'm on my way to run an errand," she said quickly, for Nic's benefit, but her attention didn't leave Andi. "Oh, I've known Nic since he was just a cub, and yes he had always been like this," she joked. When she laughed, Andi laughed with her. Seeming to both immediately understand what the blonde woman meant.

Teagan chatted with Andi for a few more moments. Asking low-key pointed questions about where they worked and commenting on their charming accent. Andi seemed to be more comfortable talking to Teagan. Likely, easier without that embarrassing first meeting between them. The witty rapport drew to a close and the guard departed by making Andi agree to invite her to get drinks with the two of them sometime even though Teagan knew full well she wouldn't cash in on it.

She continued to ignore princely glares at her back. He'd complain later, but she'd just been doing her job.

Andi glanced into the over-sized windows of the boutique. They wondered if their prolonged absence had been noticed. They remembered Nic thanking them earlier. "Thanks for the coffee," they said, again. They'd long lost rack of how many times they had thanked or apologized to him. "Maybe next time we run into each other, I'll have my wallet on me." They smiled at their own joke, pushing a hand through dark hair.