alonimi
Aeonian [closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: Misc Sci Fi (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: Aeonian [closed] (/showthread.php?tid=751)

Aeonian [closed] - Kat - 07-29-2017

[Image: c8lIbL6.png]

A private 1x1 between Kat & Scoot
Feel free to read along.

RE: Aeonian [closed] - Kat - 08-14-2017

"That doesn't make her defective," Dash began slowly, idly chewing on the inside of his cheek while his comlink message was translated. He spoke 14 languages fluently, but Ao Nuun'tah wasn't one of them, and his contact refused to speak in Galactic common. Wealthy business types rarely bothered to learn it. "And you still owe me for the purchase. I'm not going to take an out-of-pocket expense because you're not happy with her complexion. You asked for Auroun splash, and they only come in one color, Ph'gaud-" His message hadn't finished translating when the other end of the call went dead, leaving Dash with a static buzz through his ear buds while a wide eyed woman watched, silent. She was wearing a dress of some kind, pearlescent and sheer, made from synthetic fibers meant to capture light.

"Maybe I can get a refund," He mused under his breath while reaching out to issue his companion a ginger pat on the crown of her head. "Or a voucher for a new model."

He didn't try and return his failed purchase until the next night, letting her sleep in his bed while he kept his distance, bunkered down on a spare mattress he had squirrelled away in his laundry closet. He didn't need to get attached, so he was careful to keep out of her sight. Something about how they imprinted. He had been forced to listen to a training video on proper care of Genysis Hybrids, but rather than feel enlightened on their creation and use, he felt disgusted. Even when he first met the girl, all curled in a puppy pile with vaguely similar creations, he knew it was morally despicable. He traded in guns and drugs and criminals- but this was an innocent creature. Not just a creature, but a sentient lifeform.

"Do you speak?" He asked as she was sleepily held in his arms as the facility attendant handed over a care bag and a collar and more instructions to follow. With bright eyes, she watched him under the weight of her sleepy lids before nodding.

"Yes." In that sheer veil, she was vulnerable and small, but he could tell she wasn't familiar with those feelings yet. Only what had been heavily written into the code of her creation. Dash awkwardly glanced away to finish with the documentation procedures, scanning the flesh boutique full of pretty little beings meant to be taken home in a similar fashion, remaining uncharacteristically silent. He only agreed to do the pick up because of the amount offered. It wasn't even an illegal operation Genysis had running, but a morally grey one. How she was made hadn't been his decision, either. Rasmodian dependency, Auroun mixed with Aerie for her appearance. A gentle temperament and a curious nature. Playful but polite, clean and thoughtful. Clingy.

He had tried his best to remind her that she shouldn't cling to him, but whenever he let his guard down, her slender body would press needily against his until she had to be wrenched away.

Traveling together wasn't at all problematic, given the space port was openly accepting of all manner of pets and pleasure workers. His companion was just another leashed being in a sea of exotic flesh on display. For reasons beyond him, he made a concerted effort to clothe her in new attire- a standard issue jumper that was zipped up from crotch to throat. There was no concealing her collar, but he didn't attach a leash or any other implement of restraint. Just his hand in hers, to which she seemed content with, a smile across her pale lips as they moved through the city. Sometimes she hummed and sometimes she paused her moving to stare, but she was as well behaved as he could expect from a creature within a state of infancy toward the outside world.

The mood plummetted when they arrived at the boutique, and Dash's hollering could be heard through the gold-gilded sliding doors. "Bloody hell, she most certainly isn't used!"

"Sir, you're going to need to calm down," the woman began in a monotone drawl, her vogue appearance possibly frowning but only by way of her almond eyes narrowing. "Once the hybrid is taken into the care of her owner, there is no way we can take them back. The imprinting process has already begun." Motioning, she pointed outside - or where the outside world would be if the storefront wasn't so heavily tinted. "Once they leave our care, we cannot take them back. She's seen too much-"

"Cock, you mean? You're under the bloody impression I took her home an' shagged her? Right, well, I didn't- She was a purchase made for an executive who didn't like goddamn her skin tone, so just write me off a goddamn coupon or something, and I'll be on my bloody fucking way-"

Dash reacted to being tackled the same way anyone would, and released a surprised yelp on his way to the floor. Above him, his companion showed a look of concern, but the attendant grabbed her shoulders and steered her to the side while offering, "It's alright. He's just acting out..."

A short time later, Dash was nursing a bloody nose that his companion kept trying to poke while he had another back-and-forth with the Ao Nuun'tahii asshole who got him into his current predicament. "Look, I'll take half- Uh, no. I'm not gonna order you another one- bloody hell I will! She's intact in every sense of the word besides whatever weird fuck training they give the broads! No, I don't fucking want to find her a new buyer- You're a goddamn scrouge, you hear? A bloody leech feeding off the hard workin' folks of this port!"

Nibbling at a basket of fries, the hybrid canted her features in the direction of the yelling, but was otherwise patient. If her hands were occupied, she wasn't a bother to Dash, so he had let her play with his key chain and his identification tags at times, as well as whatever food she seemed to like. Fries from the local dive, mostly. Harold's cantina didn't rustle in a lot of customers on typical evenings, so he made a habit of hiding out there. Plus, it was the cheapest food in walking distance from his apartment. She didn't eat very much, but he expected that had something to do with alien genetics. He couldn't be entirely sure without fact checking, anyway. What he did know was credits would be extra tight until he managed a new money making scheme, and an extra mouth to feed wasn't ideal.

Even if said mouth was the reason for his emptied accounts, he didn't blame her. He blamed that wealthy prick and he blamed Genysis, and privately, he blamed himself for getting mixed up in the skin trade. Of all the lowlife ventures to sign off on, this legal transaction was his least favorite. Not because it backfired, but because he could see life behind the wide eyed stares of his companion, and he had bought that life.His mother would disown him if she knew how low he had sunk, rest her soul.

Hanging up the failed attempt at talking sense into the Ao Nuun'tahi, Dash tucked the headpiece of his comlink into his front pocket and hitched his thumb over his shoulder. "Here, let's go get smashed and I'll worry about it later. You can't drink, but you can make sure I don't get myself killed, can't you?"

Her somber nod was enough of an okay for Dash, and they left shortly after.

Three hours later, Dash was as drunk as he intended to be, squinting and swaying as he read the neon lettering of the listed contestants on the board. Croach fighting wasn't necessarily illegal, but the fighting and drug use and excessive drinking among the onlookers could be, given it was reported. Dash generally felt this was a pleasant waste of his time rather than an entirely unorthodox environment for criminals, but he'd always been a bit skewed about that sort of thing.Having done mercenary work in the past, he knew legal and illegal just meant something could be taxed. Case in point, he was the proud owner of a young woman simply because he had the credits to have her genetics spliced, and she didn't have any legal ground to stand on regardless how she was treated. It soured his mood to think about, and in his dour thoughts, he barely remembered placing his bet.

It wasn't until the match was over, and the gutted remains of the Croach were strewn about the arena that it registered with him that he now owed someone money. A great deal, given the odds. As if his life could get any worse, Dash rose begrudgingly and sulked his way to the winner's payout pit, his hand planted at the small of his hybrid's back to lead her ahead of him. "Look, I know I owe ye more than I got, but here- she's good luck, ye know? A really good luck piece.." Hiccuping, he would have met the stranger's gaze were it not for the blurring of his vision, though he hardly expected to be held to a staredown while in his current state. "Otherwise, ye can beat it out of me, but bigger men 'ave tried an' I'd rather just get on with my miserable life-"

Gently shoved, the hybrid stumbled with a short whimper as she was presented to the larger male in the pit with them, her lips quivering anxiously as her sights reached up to his features. Dash added softly with a slow nod, "Her name is Reyr," which he got from an old friend back on Mars, "and she's one of those Genysis splices. Promise she's never been used, but I can't bloody keep a pet when I can barely keep my own shit together, ye know? If you flip her, you can make a shit load more than what I owe ye. That's a promise."

Reyr quivered and stepped a bit closer, her clinginess apparent in how she hugged the stranger around his waist, completely unaware that this wasn't how to greet strangers. Dash snorted in turn.

"See? She likes ye- it's a good deal, friend. I'd take it." The panic he felt settled in his stomach like a weight. He never, EVER would have bet on a Croach like Scootypuff Jr. if he was sober.