alonimi
Stowaway [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Stowaway [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=740)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - SolitareLee - 06-15-2017

Having an IV as a tiny little dog was strange but slightly amusing to Bree. She'd rarely been to the doctor as a human, only ever going in cases of really obviously broken bones. But here she was, five pounds, and getting ultrasounds and x-rays and IV fluids. From a cute doctor with cat ears.

This was probably a fever dream, but she hoped it wasn't.

She listened to the damage report... two fractured ribs. Those would almost certainly still be fractured when she transformed back to a human, but if she gave herself a week, they'd heal themselves. Her body always seemed to try (even if it often failed) to put all her pieces back in the right areas when she transformed to and from her alternate form. The result tended to be that as long as she got a bone set properly, it would heal itself over the course of a few weeks of transformations.

Feeling relieved that she would almost certainly make a full recovery--so long as Catboy Vet was real--she didn't think much at all of being given morphine until it hit her. She relaxed visibly; she'd been unmoving before, but somewhat tense with pain. But that pain just sort of... faded into the background. She let out a little huff of relief, almost a sigh, and when a hand passed by her face, she gave it a grateful lick.

What time it was, and getting out of here before sunrise, was the last thing on her mind. Instead, she idly licked hands while being bandaged up, and floated in a relaxed daze of morphine. She even got pet, albeit briefly, and smiled internally to herself. Alright. Life goal: got. Too bad she was too drugged to really pay a lot of attention to how nice it felt.

And so she lay on the table, people and the world spinning around her, barely a care in the world, fully confident that she was in good hands.

Then life caught up with her, in the form of sunrise.

She was suddenly, abruptly, extremely human. She realized this mostly because the table she was laying on was much, much smaller. The transformation itself took a matter of seconds; one instant she was a dog, the next, she was a person. A grown woman, to be precise. Muscular, with light brown skin on plain display, two dog ears--a bit smaller, to scale, than the vet's--nestled in unkempt, curly blonde hair. If one could see her ass, they'd also see she had her own version of a tail--although it was really more just tufts of thick fur surrounding one or two extra vertebrae at her tailbone. She burst through the bandages around her torso rather dramatically, leaving her once again slowly bleeding from gashes on her side that seemed to grow to scale even as they'd tried their best to seal themselves shut.

She wasn't really thinking about that, however, because despite her updated size, she was still under the effects of the morphine; for now at least. In a daze, and still laying on her side on the metal table, she reached vaguely forward and gripped the flicking end of the veterinarian's tail.

"The fuck," she said dazedly, blinking slowly. "It's real."

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - saronym - 06-15-2017

Cain was turned away at the moment of her transformation as he was engrossed in filling out the paperwork for the tests he ordered and medical treatments administered.

And then something enclosed over the end of his tail. The appendage, having a mind of its own, jerked itself away from the contact that had stayed its fidgeting movements. And then Cain whirled around and bared his teeth with a snarling expression to the assailant as if he were indeed a cat. It was all reflex reaction. Pre-cognition. Including the feline hiss that sounded from behind his teeth.

Then he realized what he was doing. A hand clapped over his mouth in shock at himself. And shock at the naked woman with a lot of hair on the table. Where had the dog gone?

His brows knit together in confusion as his hand slowly fell to his side. “Um -” he glanced around the room for the dog which couldn’t be found.

“Mom?!” He called for his mother in confusion and fear.

He couldn’t wrap his mind around the nearly incomprehensible events. Cain - the poor catboy - was more concerned with the woman’s nakedness than any other feature and had completely overlooked the small canine ears that peaked out in a bed of curls. Had he seen her ears, being Veridian, he might have put it together that she was some kind of shifter.

But no, there were tits so his mind fell to pieces.

He squeezed his eyes shut and covered them with one hand and turned away for good measure to give her privacy. Not that it really mattered at this point. “Mom!”

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - megs - 06-15-2017

The sound of Cain’s calls for her easily reached Julianna in the lobby. Looking up from her empty hands, her ears swiveled towards the direction of the sound. Even though he was well into adulthood she was still attuned to the sound of her child’s fear. Pushing herself from the chair, she rushed towards the examination room, a second cry to assistance leading her to exactly where she needed to be. She would have ignored anyone that would have tried to stop her, but the night staff was scarce and well acquainted with the queen and her relationship to the veterinarian.

There was also the shouting.

She pushed open the door and rushed into the room, quickly scanning the space for whatever was the cause of Cain’s distress. Her sights settled easily on the one thing that was out of place in the room: the naked woman. She calmed, somewhat, a naked woman being low on the list of things she actually calculated as threatening. Cain was all but pressed against the wall to get as far away from the stranger as possible.

“Wha-” Julianna paused in her obvious line of questioning. She had a million of them at once, but she supposed they could wait. “Give me your jacket,” she instructed of her son, instead, crossing the room to pull the article from his shoulders before he’d registered his instructions. It didn’t take long for Julianna to notice that the woman was attractive, fit and pretty with a head of wild curls. She wondered if that had anything to do with Cain’s obvious discomfort. She draped the jacket over the woman’s figure, covering her for now, and she could arrange it as she pleased when she sat up. Jules glanced at the ears nestled in the curls and then looked back at her son.

“Is that the dog?” It was really more of a statement of fact than a question. The words were really asking Cain questions he really couldn’t answer. Who was she, what was happening and etc.

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - SolitareLee - 06-15-2017

Bree brought her hand back to her chest quickly when her kitty hero turned and hissed at her. Cat! Very cat! She actually... didn't have a lot of experience with cats. Apparently, they did not like their tails grabbed. "Oh, sorry, I..." she began, but she wasn't sure how to finish the sentence. Fortunately, he finished it for him by, uh... calling for his... mom.

Why in god's name would his mom be here? Also, why was a grown man... er... grown catboy... calling for his mother? If anything, he should be the most used to this of everyone. Didn't those very real ears imply he turned into a cat like she did a dog, or something? That was what her drug-addled mind definitely decided. He had absolutely no reason to be startled, and she was a little indignant at him for it. She sat up on the table, pouting at him. The morphine still in her system meant she really couldn't even feel the injuries, or the blood dripping down her side. "Look, I'm sorry I grabbed you, but you don't gotta--Oh!"

Bree looked behind herself as the door burst open. Nice lady! It was the nice lady, who'd kept Mr. ASSassin from shooting her. Bree smiled broadly, and began the somewhat arduous task of getting her legs to work properly. They didn't seem to want to listen to her. Meanwhile, the lady was moving, pulling off the vet's lab coat and arranging it over her like a blanket. This was even better! She barely had to move at all. While the woman was still slightly bent over, turning to look at what was apparently her son, Bree happily wrapped her arms around the older woman's shoulders. The jacket slid down onto her hips, but at least it kept her bottom half covered as Bree wiggled, still trying to figure out why her legs didn't want to listen to her.

"Nice lady! Thank you!" she exclaimed, glowing with the sort of drug-induced happiness she could never seem to manage when sober. "I thought I was dead for sure! Huh... oh!" Wide-eyed, she reached up and pulled--gently, but still--on one of Julianna's ears. "You have them too! Holy shit!"

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - saronym - 06-19-2017

Cain’s mother entering the room and whisking him out of his coat happened in what felt like a whirlwind to the confused vet. He turned around to evaluate the possible dog-turned-woman situation when prompted by his mother. Grey eyes settled on the canine ears peaking up from the curls atop the woman’s head. She was then moving to embrace his mother with a familiarity that seemed to suggest she must be the injured dog.

His white coat fell away from her when she moved to put her arms his mom. This revealed not only the seeping puncture wounds - in the same place as the Chorkie - but the IV sticking precariously from her arm. The words she spoke about his mother didn’t register to him.

“I’m assuming so yeah.” Cain said distractedly. As a doctor he was worried about that IV and, of course, the wounds. He stepped up to the plate with ears pinned down to his head with his embarrassment. He jerked open the nearest drawer and picked out some gauze, a cotton ball, and tape.

“Here - just -” he hesitated for a moment before taking the woman’s arm. “Let me get the IV out. And -” he shoved gauze at the woman’s free hand. “You’re bleeding.” That was his way of saying ‘please apply pressure’ while he arranged her arm to carefully remove the IV. A droplet of blood leaked from the site but he squashed the cotton over it and taped it down for good measure.

“And just-” he kept his eyes on her face while he took the white coat from her lap and threaded it around her shoulders and pulled it closed. A much more effective way to cover her nakedness. Feeling somewhat accomplished, Cain backed away from her and his mother.

“I don’t know why you brought her to me. I’m a vet, mom. I'm not licensed to treat people..” Cain took a bit of his flustered state out on his mom who undoubtedly didn’t know this woman was in fact a woman and not a tiny dog. He anxiously raked at his hair with his fingers sending blonde curls piling over to one side. “She might need to go to the hospital.”

He frowned suddenly medically curious and glanced at the woman. “I’m surprised the transformation didn’t puncture a lung. You’re breathing okay?” He asked the woman who seemed pretty clearly to be breathing just fine. “And where the hell is dad?”

Not being good at waiting, Owen was milling around the animal hospital.

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - megs - 06-21-2017

Arms thrown around her neck caught her off guard. With a small squeak of surprise, Julianna closed the small distance between herself and the woman-slash-dog on the examination table. She draped her arms around the woman’s middle, mostly to keep her from toppling onto the ground. She angled her own body in such a way that kept the naked one mostly unexposed and surveyed canine ears that were tucked into pretty curls.

“You're welco- oh!” The ear that was being handled fell lopsided to discourage any tugging as her tail curled quickly into a tight pinwheel against her spine. When the ear was released it popped back to attention, twitching a few times before settling in an upright position, until both appendages swiveled towards Cain who was making moves at her back.

Julianna released the woman when she was sure she was able to sit up on her own. Cain rearranged the jacket, already stained with blood and hyper-focused on what he could handle; the injuries that were going untreated. She held the woman steady while her son worked.

Her ears pinned backwards, tail falling towards the floor as Cain scolded her. “She was a dog,” Jules insisted, even though they'd both seen a tiny canine moments before. “I didn't know she was going to turn into a woman.” The tone of her defense was rather petulant, as if she were the child and not Cain. She didn't understand why he was mad at her. He always seemed to be mad at her.

Unsure of where her husband was, but hopeful he would help her return the woman back to their car to get her to a different hospital, and coincidentally a different family member. It could have been the drugs keeping her from realizing the extent of her injuries, but they didn't seem to be much of an issue at the moment. After Cain asked his questions, the queen made conversation to waste time.

“What's your name, sweetheart?” She smiled warmly. Green eyes tracked the movements of heterochromatic ones as she lifted a hand to softly pet the other woman’s bouncing curls.

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - SolitareLee - 06-21-2017

The woman--Julianna, that was her name--was sort of helping support Bree, which was nice. She was having a bit of trouble with her body at the moment; she wasn't quite falling over herself, but it just felt weird. She straightened a bit, leaning on Julianna's shoulders briefly for support, and shook her head as if to clear it.

"Right. Right, yeah. Yes, I'm the... I was the dog. Sorry. Right." She sat up a bit more completely, and rubbed at her face. Why did she feel so... fuzzy? "Sorry, I didn't... I don't normally..." While she was mumbling vaguely in an attempt to figure out how to explain this to strangers--she never had before--the doctor (the VET, she reminded herself) approached. She'd completely forgotten about the IV, and her own injuries. He handed her some gauze and she sort of attempted to push it down on one of the wounds, wincing. Pain was beginning to return, as a concept.

And then he moved a bit closer, to pull the coat off of her and then wrap it around her shoulders properly, closing it around her front. While just... looking right into her eyes. She flushed, then looked down, and then flushed more, apparently just now registering that she was very naked. She swore and wrapped the thankfully-too-large-on-her coat more thoroughly around her body. "Ohhhh, oh my god, wow, I'm so sorry, I've never, I haven't, um."

She cleared her throat, only getting more red with time, looking anywhere but the vet. "Um, I'm fine, they're probably a bit more healed than they were? My body tries to... put itself back together. I think." The woman chose then to ask her something and pet her head, which felt very nice but also only made her growing embarrassment worse. As the morphine worked its way out of her system, the situation was dawning on her. Slowly. In pieces.

"Um, I'm sorry, I don't want to get you in, like, medical trouble or something, I'll just, um, go, uh..." Her legs. They were responding. She quickly stood, then just as quickly stumbled, catching herself on the metal examination table as her legs tried to give way.

"Wait, no, shit, I can't walk out like this," she registered, hand reaching up to barely touch one of her dog ears, as if that was the problem, not her general inability to walk. Belatedly, she registered she'd been asked a question. "Um, Bree, Bridget. Bridget Corey. You don't need to, um, I don't need a doctor." More like she couldn't go to a doctor. Obviously. She had ears and a tail. Okay well. So did both of them. Which was weird, but her point stood, mostly just because she wasn't clear-headed enough to consider it.

She glanced at the lab coat, which was already stained red in places. "...Um, maybe some... bandages? But I don't want to get anyone in trouble," she added hastily, very concerned that her existence was going to cost the almost ridiculously kind and very attractive vet his medical license or something. "I could... leave out the back? Is there a back?"

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - saronym - 06-24-2017

Cain’s own ears pinned more firmly to his head as he realized that he had unfairly chided his mother. He hadn’t meant to - he was just thrown off, weirded out, embarrassed. Cain gave her his extra special sorry cat eyes to the background of the woman giving fumbling explanations about her biological processes. Clearly she was some kind of species he hadn’t yet encountered before. Quick healing dog shifter?

His tail flicked with impatience when she suggested that she had somehow endangered his license by … being herself? Which was, at times, canine. And that's all he had treated. A canine. Nothing wrong with that. “What no?” It sounded more like he was protesting her attempts to leave. If her questionable attempt at ambulation was any sign it was not a good idea to let her wander out.

Her canine features didn’t register to Cain as necessarily special or scandalous so he was left to assume that his lab coat had not given her satisfactory coverage. She was right. There was still too much leg showing and also it was very clear that she was entirely naked under there. And bleeding.

“You won't need to leave out the back and you do need a doctor because apparently your body isn’t putting itself back together that well.” The blunt catboy had a way with words.

“Oh.” An idea struck him. “I have an extra set of scrubs in my locker I could let you borrow.” His eyes flicked to the blood staining his crisp white coat. He then looked to his mother to see if she approved of his offering. See? He could be nice. “Or just have.” He wasn’t really expecting the coat back at this point.

He backed towards the door, “I’ll be right back.” Cain whirled around and disappeared into the animal hospital. He jogged down the hall past radiology and made a sharp turn without looking and ran into his own father. “What are you doing back here?”

Owen had prevented the full collision by grabbing his son by the shoulders and stopping him. “Oh I was, uh, peaking at all the cool pictures of bones and shit.” He pointed through the window into the radiology lab where grey, black, and white images of various parts of animal skeletons were pinned up on a light backdrop for review.

Cain glanced over his shoulder and sighed. “You’re not supposed -”

“How’s the dog?” Owen interrupted his son. He knew full well he wasn’t supposed to be back there and he didn’t give a damn.

“It’s not.”

Owen was confused by his son’s answer and cocked his head questioningly. The harried catboy sighed and clawed at unruly curls around the crown of his head. “Mom needs you. I’ll be right there.” And he dashed off again to the employee break room.

Owen had an uncanny knack for figuring out building layouts and was able to find the room where the little dog had been taken into even though he was on the employee side of things. He pushed open the door, “So what do we have here -” he asked jokingly as if he were playing vet. He did it to surprise and maybe impress his wife at how he had infiltrated the employee section of the hospital. But the joke fell flat as he took in the sight of a bleeding girl wrapped in a lab coat and struggling to stand next to Julianna.

“Whoa. Um?”

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - megs - 06-24-2017

Julianna ignored Cain’s sad eyes for now. She knew he was trying to apologize, but she was admittedly a bit more annoyed with his behavior than she would let on.

She watched silently as the woman went through a process of sorts. Adjusting to her surroundings and defending herself against an assault that had never come. Her ears fell off either side of her head and it tilted to the side slightly. Green eyes tracked that hand that eventually reached for the ears atop her head. Julianna hummed, as if she’d realized something. The first noise she’d made since Bridget ‘Bree’ Corey had begun to chatter; she was piecing together what the woman was considering to be the problem.

“Bree,” Julianna repeated with a smile, as if all the other things had never been said. “What a lovely name.” In her motherly nature, she continued to bulldoze over everything Bree had said, inserting her own agenda as she pleased. Cain scurried out of the room, and Julianna finally removed her hands from Bree’s hair, and paced the room in a short leisurely line, looking at the various supplies and instruments that lined the shelves. “We’ll have Cain get you something to wear and then we’ll get you out of here. If you’re feeling well enough we will just take you home.” She was content to take the woman at her word that she didn’t need to see a doctor. She wouldn’t dare to believe that she knew more about her physiology than she did. Realistically, she didn’t even know what the other woman was.

She had questions, a lot of questions to be perfectly honest, but before she could ask them her husband was sweeping into the room. Julianna beamed when she saw him, despite the serious tone of the situation, she couldn’t help but be pleased to see him. Her tail swayed back and forth behind her knees, and her ears twitched.

“Hello, love,” she greeted, as if it were perfectly normal that the Chorkie they’d brought in was now a grown woman. “This is Bree,” she said, excitedly, ears at attention. “Bree, this is Owen, my husband. Oh, and the other one was Cain. My son. I'm Julianna.”

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - SolitareLee - 06-24-2017

"No, no, it's fine, the um, the morphine should wear off super fast," she informed the vet, as if this should be a reason for her to be absolutely fine and not a cause for serious concern. She wasn't really considering the pain she'd be in once her body caught up to itself. "I think? Maybe?" she murmured, more to herself. She wasn't really used to the dog back to human transformation being the one giving her issue, except for when it got her stuck in awkward places.

He was insisting on a doctor, though, and she didn't really know what to say in the face of what appeared to be genuine concern. When she was fully sober, it would register that it was no doubt because he was, in a sense, a doctor himself.

"I, um, that." Clothes would be nice. "I... okay?" she agreed weakly, as he turned and pushed his way through the back door, leaving Bree alone with Ms. Nice... er, Julianna. Who was talking to her now, drawing her limited focus away from the cute vet and his bewildering concern and lack of loathing in general. Which was probably because of his ears, right? Like, he turned into a cat, obviously? Maybe? They both did?

She was sobering up enough to be uncertain about that.

"Um... Thank you?" she sounded less certain than she should be. "That would probably be best." Despite all the blood. And the growing awareness of pain. "My mom will be worried--well, I mean, she'll probably be at least mildly concerned," she amended. "...If she noticed. ...Oh, but the plane..." She remembered. She might be partway across the country by now. How long had the flight been? It hadn't been too long, right? Or had she just been unconscious? Hmm. "Well, uh, in any case--"

She never got to finish her thought, because in burst Mr. Murderpants. Bree yelped in fear automatically, at once remembering his general dislike for her and his willingness to put a bullet between her ears. He didn't have ears like everyone else. He would probably be aware of how fucked up this all was. Bree was unable to hide behind the table, being on the same side of it as the gun-happy blonde, but she ducked behind Julianna as best as she could. They were almost the exact same size, so it was difficult, but she tried, glancing out over the older woman's shoulder in obvious fear.

"Umm, hi, yes. Sorry," she said, barely registering the names Julianna was providing her. "I was attacked and I just hid in your bag," she provided quickly. "Because it was there. Sorry?" Please don't shoot me, was the unspoken plea there.

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - saronym - 06-27-2017

Though surprised upon his entrance, Owen’s face settled into a steely mask as he evaluated the room. His mind worked to put all the pieces together. A trained assassin first, Owen usually performed a tactical evaluation of a situation before taking action. Even situations that weren’t...like...tactical.

Oh, so this woman had been the dog. She stated she had been attacked and took refuge in my bag. Now she’s had some medical treatment.

“I see.” He was really actually super relieved that it seemed he wasn’t going to be getting a new pet dog. He would have pumped his fist and hooted a bit if that wouldn't have been wildly out of place. “I suppose you wandered into the right bag, huh?” He asked forcing a politeness.

Welp, she was safe, an adult, had medical treatment. Good. Send her packing. He could go home, crawl into bed and cuddle the wife until he fell asleep. The Life. It had been a long fucking day and he was tired.

“So where are we dropping you off?” He asked his eyes shifting between Julianna and the woman trying her best to hide from him. He assumed her efforts were due to her obvious nudity under Cain’s lab coat. Well lookee there, his son could be a gentleman. Owen frowned and then quickly added a question, “So are you a shifter, uh, Bree was it?”

Cain hadn’t taken much time to locate his back-up scrubs. Nothing fancy, just all black. He kind of burst into the room. Like his father, he was kind of eager to be rid of the alarming dog-turned-girl in his examination room.

He held out the recently laundered clothing, it still had the smell of dryer sheets about it. “Here.” Since Bree was currently half hiding behind his mother, Cain held out the clothes for the woman in front to take. “There’s an employee bathroom she can use. Mom, you know where it is, right? Around the corner?” Having visited him plenty of times at work for lunch and other reasons, Cain was sure Julianna remembered where the private bathrooms were. He was asking his mother if she knew, assuming that she would be escorting Bree and helping her dress.

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - megs - 06-27-2017

Julianna was aware of the woman hiding behind her and didn’t seem to mind. She was fully aware of how intimidating Owen could be upon first meeting. If his size didn’t do it, the often cold expression he wore usually did. Julianna’s tail still swayed, always happy to see the love of her life. She also, suspected, that the hiding had something to do with Owen’s several offers to put her down when she’d been a tiny bleeding dog, which hinted to her that Bree was as self-aware as a dog as she was a woman.

Owen was doing his best to be an Owen-version of polite and that pleased Julianna. “She’ll be staying with us,” she informed her husband when he asked where they would be dropping Bree off. It wasn’t a suggestion, and she wasn’t asking permission of anyone in the room. It was simply how it was going to be. Finally, she turned to the woman hiding behind her, pretty smile still plastered on her features. The tension of the room didn’t seem to bother her. She waited for Bree to answer Owen’s question before she spoke again.

“We have plenty of guest rooms to choose from. I’ll look at your injuries, and we can call your mother from the house.” She pet Bree’s bouncing blonde curls again. The woman was up and walking, and from what Julianna could tell her remaining injuries weren’t anything more severe than she had treated Owen for in the past, after a particularly rough mission. “I’m sure your mother is worried sick,” she cooed. For the first time she frowned a little bit, and pulled her hand away from Bree’s hair to hold it out to accept the scrubs that Cain offered to her when he reentered.

She was, for the most part, still giving Cain the cold shoulder for the way he had snapped at her before. She tucked the clothing under her shoulder, and smoothed a hand around Bree’s back to help her out of the room and towards the bathroom.

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - SolitareLee - 06-28-2017

"Dumb luck's always been my forte," Bree joked back weakly. The man... er, Owen? didn't seem angry or keen on shooting her. It was probably because he knew she was a person now, right? It was nice when people came to that conclusion all on their own. And in any case, she actually was really glad she'd wandered into his bag. As scary as he was--knowing he was quite possibly an assassin of some kind did not help--his wife and son were veritable saints.

Bree paused to consider how to reply to the "dropping her off" question. The bus station, if she was close enough, maybe? Otherwise, she might need a plane, and that could get complicated... she was sobering up fast now, but her mind still reeled at the concept. While she was waffling, Julianna answered for her.

"Wuh-huh?" she said, then immediately internally rolled her eyes at herself. She was making suuuuch a great impression on this family of weird nice cat people! Ugh. It made sense though... she didn't really know how to get home and was still, though she loathed to admit it, pretty goddamn injured, by how the pain was starting to seep through everything else. The morphine wearing off, no doubt.

"I, um... thank you," she settled on. She wasn't going to argue if the nice family wanted to take her home, honestly. It would give her time to figure out what was going on, call her mother... get a plan together. She wasn't in the condition to make any big decisions right now, and she was lucky to have people who were willing to help. For once in her goddamn life, she could be smart and not offend every single person who took a positive interest in her. She could. Really.

Her attention turned quickly back to Owen when he asked her a question. An awkward question. One that she should answer. "Oh, uhhhhhhh..." She trailed off awkwardly, her ears pinning back and her cheeks flushing. “It’s, um…” They were nice. They’d seen everything. In a super literal sense, for two of them. She could do this. For sure. She could express, out loud, the details of her condition, to another human being. Or whatever they were. “Nnnnno?” she managed, then coughed. “Uh that is, not in the way… people normally mean that? I’m human, I mean, um, I’m just… really… cursed.” She cleared her throat awkwardly, as if she’d just confessed to something deeply embarrassing. “The sun came up, yeah? That’s why I turned back. I can’t um… It’s a curse, so I can’t just do it whenever.”

She had questions, questions she wanted to ask about them. But Julianna was petting her—just so bizarre, especially when she was a person—and talking about her mother, and oh, here came Cain again. He handed the clothes to Julianna, rather than Bree, which seemed a bit weird, but she was sort of still behind Julianna a bit, so that was fair. She was sort of hoping for some bandages to go with it. She was still kind of bleeding. But not like, a lot? She could probably just… something with… toilet paper.

“Um, thank you,” Bree managed to say to Cain, though she didn’t manage to make eye contact, as she was led gently out of the room by Julianna. Walking was possible, now; she was much less dizzy, but god, did she hurt. But it was still kind of a relief to be away from the men, though she didn’t want to admit it out loud, since that would probably be weird. Not least of all because she was wearing just a lab coat, but mostly just because Julianna seemed the nicest.

“Y-you’re probably right,” she said, apropos of nothing. “About my mom, I mean.” She’d know, right? She was a mother too. “I’ve never been out of the house at night before.” Other than the one time, or in the backyard at her great-grandparents’. She couldn’t actually imagine her mother being ‘worried sick’ or anything similar, but… Well, this was a pretty extreme circumstance. She’d need to call her as soon as possible to let her poor mom know what had happened.

Julianna led her to the bathroom, and Bree took the scrubs from her, and took a few uncertain, tottering steps into the bathroom, which was single occupancy, for better or worse. She hesitated. She desperately wanted to dress herself, but she was genuinely uncertain of her ability to put her arms over her head at the moment, let alone pull herself into a shirt. She could… Uh, she could figure it out. Her desire not to be totally nude in front of a stranger, again, won out.

“I’m pretty sure I can dress myself,” she said, stepping further into the bathroom. “I’ll leave it unlocked, so I can um? Call if I need help or something?” she suggested vaguely. When the older woman didn’t protest, she closed the door, but didn’t lock it.

Okay. Clothes. She could do this.

She winced as she stripped out of the lab coat. Her right side was a mess of blood. She ran some water in the sink, did her best to sort of clean it up with damp paper towels. This was almost certainly a biohazard. But this was a hospital, of sorts, so they could probably handle it. At least she wasn’t bleeding so heavily as to be dripping onto the floor; it was more of a steady ooze. She did, in fact, manage some odd sort of makeshift bandages out of paper towels and toilet paper. They surely would have provided bandages if she asked. She wasn’t going to ask.

“Um,” she managed through the door. “So, are you guys, like… were-cats?” She stifled a yelp of pain as she bent down to pull up the pants, worked very hard at not thinking about where the pants had once been. They didn’t even begin to fit her waist, but there was a draw-string so she could sort of tighten them, enough that they wouldn’t fall all the way down her hips. “The weres back home don’t have any animal traits when they’re in human form, but I’m sure there’s different kinds.” Okay. Now. Shirt. This was difficult, because as she’d predicted she didn’t have the range of movement to stretch her hands over her head. But she did manage to get her head through the neck hole, and from there sort of… let it flop down her, since it was so ludicrously oversized. Then work her arms, slowly, through the sleeves. It was inside-out. Whatever. It was on. She picked up the jacket and sort of folded it up in her arms, to hide the blood stains, then limped to the door and opened it.

“Also, um, do you have, like, a hat…?”

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - saronym - 06-29-2017

As Bree explained her condition, Owen’s eyebrows lifted inquisitively. He nodded his understanding. It didn’t strike him as particularly bizarre to hear that someone had been cursed. One area of medicine his mother had dabbled in was curse removal. More a hazy experimental art form than a science. But boy were there some weird curses.

“I see.”

Owen’s lips pressed into a thin line that spelled disapproval when Julianna opened their home to the young woman. As Julianna explained her reasoning - that the girl needed tending and time to contact her family - the tension in his mouth was relieved somewhat. Sure, Owen wouldn’t have offered it. He would have as soon offered to pay for a hotel for her and a private nurse to see her. Alas, he wasn’t going to argue with his wife. As always, her generosity towards strangers was as endearing as it was alarming.

“Fine.” Was all he said before moving towards the door that led to the lobby. “I’ll bring the car up to the front so she doesn’t have to walk so far.”

Cain was left merely observing the interactions. His ears fell flat and tail twitched when his mother announced that Bree would be staying at their house.

“Great. She’s all set then.” He said with a kind of nervousness in his voice. “I just gotta…” He picked up the chart he had worked so hard in documenting his treatment of the Chorkie that no longer existed. Cain dumped the whole damn chart into the trash. “There. You were never here.”

He backed towards the door on the employee side of things. “Looks like you all have this under control so I’ll just uh-” He jerked a thumb behind his shoulder, “-I’m sure I have other patients to see. Good luck Bree.” He said as if that would be the last time he saw her even though he knew full well she would likely end up staying a while at the house. That was just his mother’s way. He kind of had the feeling that Bree didn’t have her shit together.

RE: Stowaway [Closed] - megs - 07-14-2017

Everyone seemed to be on board with her plan and that pleased Julianna. She smiled at the trio that accompanied her and nodded sharply as the rest of her procedure was set in stone. Before Owen could depart to retrieve the car, Julianna snatched up his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze with her own, smiling up at him. It was a thank you and an I love you all wrapped up in a neat package and then she let him go.

Cain departed shortly after, practically escaping from them and giving her no time to even retrieve a hug from him. Though she felt somewhat jilted, Julianna very obviously tried not to pout about it.

Her son was right however about her having visited enough to know her way around. It was possible that she bothered him at work too much, bringing him dinners and keeping him company for a an hour or two on the slow parts of his long overnight shifts. She led Bree to the bathroom and let her have the space without protest. Though she kept her ears trained for any sounds of distress.

“Were-cats?” Julianna laughed airily at the suggestion. “No, not at all. We’re Veridian Lynxes. Well, Cain and I are. Not my husband though. We’re quite different from wereanimals, even though some would disagree, but I think that is more of a speciest mindset.” Julianna would have been content to continue talking on the subject, but the door popped open and Bree appeared having successfully changed into the clean clothing.

One of her ears fell lopsided and she cocked her head at what to her seemed like a strange request. “I’m not sure. Maybe Cain might have one? Why do you ask?”