alonimi
Hunt/ed [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Hunt/ed [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 02-11-2020

"What?" Owen turned, frowning at her comment. "No..." his demeanor softened and he stepped closer to her again closing the distance he'd made to read one of the menus.

"It's not that." He touched her elbow. "I want to be out with you I just --" He resisted the urge to glance nervously around him. "You're kind of... disrupting this belief system I based my whole life around?"

He lowered his voice, "My entire social circle are hunters. You're the first," and he whispered the next word, "vampire I've ever had any positive interactions with. Usually it's just fangs and stakes... I want to be here. I didn't realize how...paranoid I would feel."

He lifted his hand and tucked a curl behind her ear. "I'll be cool." His smile was somewhat crooked and dopey. A dog looking for another chance to get its trick right.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 03-02-2020

The little vampire looked up at him in a way that only highlighted her pout as he attempted to explain herself. Red eyes looked up at from a frame of dark lashes beneath a fringe of bangs that could use a trim. They were shiny like stained glass, with her lip jutting forward. Painted with red lipstick that paled in comparison to the color of her eyes.

Owen touched her elbow and she crossed her arms. Antoinette's leash was wrapped around her wrist and pulled taut by the puppy's wandering curiosity. Julianna didn't let her drift too far, and the decorated leash was rather short. He said 'vampire' like it was a dirty secret. She rubbed her hand up and down her arm as if she was cold. Which was impossible, she was just bothered by what he said. "I understand," she said. And she did, when she stopped being indignant about it.

Julianna didn't want to get her feelings hurt by a vampire hunter who could turn on her at any moment. She cleared her throat and squared her shoulders when he touched her hair and promised to be 'cool'. His hopeful look did sway her. She dropped her arms. "I'm starving," was all she said and she walked past him and to the menu he was looking at. It was sort of forgiving him, for his sort of apology. Antoinette waddled after her.

At the taco truck, she ordered for the both without asking what he wanted. She spoke to the vendor is perfect, fluid spanish. The older woman taking orders in the window said something to Julianna in a familiar and joking tone, as she nodded towards Owen. The women laughed together. The vampire paid with two neatly folded twenty dollar bills that she pulled from the pocket of her coat. The older woman made change for her and she immediately dropped the handful of cash into the tip jar.

She picked up the dog again and turned to face Owen who has walked up beside her. The stood off the side from the window to allow other people to come up and order while they waited for their food. There was a loud group of three other men in the vicinity of the line of trucks. Julianna glanced over her shoulder at them and frowned at the yelled crude jokes and obscenities at each other and laughed obnoxiously. "I got a taco for Antoinette, too," she told Owen. Holding the pup beneath her forelegs and wiggling her at him.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-20-2020

Owen was silent in the face of her tacit forgiveness. There wasn't much else to say. He wondered what she meant when she said she was 'starving.' Did she mean she hadn't had blood? Did she mean she was missing the particular joy of the taste tacos? He kept his questions to himself and merely hovered near her with his hands in his pockets as she ordered. He surreptitiously surveyed the small crowd, casually looking to see if he recognized anyone. It wasn't likely on this side of town, but it wasn't out of the question either.

His people watching was interrupted as his ears pricked to the sound of the vendor and Julianna laughing together. He looked in their direction knowing they were talking about him. His brow arched and he smirked at them nodding his head when Julianna directed the woman's attention towards him. His gaze focused in on Julianna's lips painted bright red and the way it made her white smile pop.

He rolled his eyes at her when she rejoined him bragging about Antoinette's meal. "Did you, now? Well that seems a reasonable meal for a puppy." He sassed her about the taco for Antoinette. Owen was somewhat distracted by the group of men talking and laughing loudly. He glanced in their direction and figured they weren't a threat. He took his hand from his pocket and scratched playfully at Antoinette's belly that was being presented to him by the way Julianna held up the pup.

Another chorus of laughs drew Owen's attention, "Imagine getting lit at food truck Wednesday. So, hey, can I --ask you a personal question?" Owen changed the subject quickly from snide comment to request to become more confidential. He wasn't the best at segues. "I was wondering... you know, if you ever had -- a thing with a human before."

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 07-23-2020

Julianna's senses were honed in to the loud crowd a few trucks down. It wasn't advertised in her posture or her interaction. There was something about them. A particular smell. Peculiar, but familiar. She couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"It's just shredded beef on a tortilla," she argued. Even though he wasn't wrong in his teasing. Antoinette certainly didn't need a taco. She had a full meal before they had left and she was still a puppy. Julianna would likely just feed her a piece or two of the meat and eat the rest herself. Julianna didn't put the dog down, continuing to cradle her like a baby because she was going to end up spoiled.

"I don't interact much with humans," she admitted. Her ears picked up on the sound of the rambunctious group moving closer. "I keep to myself, mostly. To be safe."

For her safety and everyone else's.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 08-13-2020

Owen was registering her answer - no, she hadn't dated a human before - even as he gave the approaching group another look. His earlier fear about being seen looking cozy with a vampire had been wise after all. The crew approaching them had familiar faces. Hunters.

"Shit." He said under his breath as one of the guys nudged the other and pointed to Owen. There was no time to steer Julianna away.

"Hart!"

Owen didn't respond. He stiffened in his posture as the group approached. He glanced around, assessing the crowd and venue should things go sideways. "Hunters." He warned Julianna throw gritted teeth. There would be no hiding her vampirism if they came close enough. Those red eyes were a dead giveaway.

"This is the man I've been telling you about," one man with an obvious British accent was slurring to the group. "The Gun, they called him. Deadeye, too." He held up his fingers in a gun motion that jerked. "Bang. He knows how to get 'em -"

"Boys," Owen greeted the group and forced a smirk them. There were some that he didn't recognize. "Axel," he clapped hands with the man who'd called him out and was singing his praises. The men brought it in for one of those genial masculine hugs characterized by a hearty slap on the back. The man addressed as Axel, threw his arm around Owen's shoulder whisking the taller man into the group that now faced Julianna.

"So you found somethin' pretty and leave your boys hanging, huh?" Axel was very obviously not sober swaying and began surveying her from the legs first and then upwards. "You devil --" he slapped Owen on the chest, "always got someone new to warm your bed."

Owen opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by one of the group he didn't recognize.

"I don't think she's too warm." He said taking a cautious step closer to Julianna, gazing directly into her eyes.

Owen broke away from Axel and threw his arm out in front of the him, blocking his path. "Hey buddy, back up. I've got this taken care of."

Axel pushed forward, "What's this? Vampire?" He asked loud enough to attract the attention of others nearby. "What are you doing with that little puppy?" He asked Julianna directly.

"I have it handled." Owen hissed.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 09-06-2020

Julianna caught wise to the problem a moment before Owen uttered the expletive. The group of men that was drawing closer. They smelled like gun oil and vervain and...ashes. That was the most telling scent that clung to a vampire hunter. A successful vampire kill always ended with the corpse being reduced to ash and dust. She wondered if they were celebrating a successful hunt.

She locked eyes with him, as he turned his back to the oncoming men. Warning her that they were hunters. She already knew. They were upon them now. The leader of the pack was hanging all over Owen and introducing him to the clearly younger men in the group. The vampire shifted Antoinette over her shoulder. Snuggling her closer, like a baby. The puppy was falling asleep, unaware of the potential of oncoming commotion.

The vampire kept her back to the group. Pretending to be very interested in the taco menu that she had already ordered from. With terrible timing their order was ready. Julianna took a step towards the truck and she felt an unfamiliar figure at her back. She whipped around to find one of the younger hunters at eye level with her. Owen's arm between them.

Red were only momentarily hidden by a slow blink at the sandy-haired man.

"This is my dog," she said. Insulting his intelligence with a slow tone. She was careful to fangs hidden and to seem calm. These hunters didn't need any small sign of aggression to start a conflict. She looked up at Owen.

"Can we just go?"