alonimi
Hunt/ed [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Hunt/ed [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 02-05-2018

Owen had dozed off watching the TV with the puppy. The racket made by Julianna when she came through the door made him jump awake thinking he was under attack. He was, afterall, in a vampire’s home. It wasn’t like another vampire - like Eden out for vengeance - couldn’t barge in for him if she wanted to. His heart raced and he clung the awkward puppy to his chest until he heard Julianna’s call from the other room.

“Shit.” He cussed himself for getting so worked up and let Antoinette go. The dog scurried away and beat him to Julianna at the door.

When Owen came around the corner and into the entrance, he saw the blood stain on the door first before his eyes fell to the floor where Julianna sat with a crossbow bolt embedded in her arm. “Well, you’re not trying hard enough.” He said sardonically trying to keep her calm with a bit of humor.

Owen stopped to assess the situation. Antoinette had apparently already finished sniffing at Julianna and was occupied with nosing at the bags, perhaps she smelled treats and food. That was fine. Julianna was bleeding profusely on the floor. That was not fine.

He dropped to his knees before Julianna and moved close essentially straddling on of her legs that was sprawled in front of her. “Okay.” He frowned at the wound, peering at it from several angles. “Yeah so, this is going to hurt?” He warned her before he took hold of the shaft and gave it a gentle couple of twists. The purpose was two-fold. First, he had to see if it was lodged in bone and secondly, if it wasn’t he was enlarging the wound to help pull the thing out. The shaft didn’t break free so that was good.

“I’m just gonna…” he trailed off as he eyed wound which was bleeding more now that he had agitated it. Using the fingers of one hand, he pushed open the wound to better see while he worked the bolt out with the other. He cringed as he worked knowing how much pain he was causing. With careful enough maneuvering he got the bolt free.

He stared at the nasty weapon which was decorated in Julianna’s blood. “Damn.” He seemed impressed with the weapon. “Who the fuck shot you?!” He became suddenly aware of her blood all over his hands. Glancing down at crimson slicked fingers he thought about the brief high he had gotten from her blood the day before. Owen quickly dusted the blood off onto his jeans and dropped the bolt before he got any ideas about licking at her blood. Well, he already had the ideas, he just had to resist the urge.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 03-04-2018

Julianna was losing blood couldn’t she couldn’t replace. She had gone through the last of her blood bank stash while he’d been shopping. She’d been unable to resupply during the day, and didn’t think she would need it on her quick trip to a grocery store.

The vampire was in pain, and angry about it. As evidenced by the blackness of her eyes and the purple-blue veins that protruded from her skin and traveled away from dark pools and down her cheeks like grotesque tears. Her vampiric look was amplified by actual tears, blood red and dripping off her chin.

She snarled at Owen when he touched the bold. Lips drawing back to reveal her usually dainty fangs had elongated in her distress. Julianna hadn’t meant to do that, it was reactionary and instinctive; base urges more like a feral animal. “That hurts,” she complained and her voice was more of a growl. Despite this she let him work, she could have easily thrown Owen off of her if she’d been too intolerant of his probing. The leg he wasn’t straddling kicked outwards as she flailed and whined, which did nothing to make his job easier, but the vampire was dramatic. Antoinette scampered away from the bags and back into the living room with the commotion.

When the bolt was freed she slumped against the door and exhaled loudly. Again, for the drama of it, since she didn’t normally bother with breathing. “I don’t know,” she responded weakly. The wound in her shoulder started mending immediately with the silver bolt gone. “We didn’t exactly exchange pleasantries.” She groaned and pulled her torn jacket up to cover the wound. “Two men, late thirties to forties.” As Julianna spoke her eyes and her face returned to normal. “The shorter one had a southern accent. They smelled like sweat and mint chewing tobacco.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 03-05-2018

Owen did his best to ignore the agitated noise Julianna made at him. The very vampire noise. He spared a glance at her face during his work. She sure looked like a vampire. It perhaps should have scared him more. To be fair, he was a bit nervous, vampires could be highly unpredictable. So far, though, Julianna had shown herself to be fairly harmless.

“Huh.” Was all he could say after her description of the perpetrators. It could be anyone. But it sounded like the couple of guys from Savannah who had come to join the vampire hunters. Owen made a mental note to make contact with the group and find out who their targets were.

Owen’s gaze tracked back to the wound that was closing up like magic before his eyes. “Look at that. You’ll be back in business in no time.” He said with cheerfulness that was slightly out of place in the situation.

“I’m sorry. You wouldn’t have been out if it wasn’t for me. We should get you cleaned up. Get you some blood.”

He pushed himself to his feet and held his hand out to help her up. Not that she needed it. But it was gentlemanly and she had been injured. “Do you usually keep it in the fridge? Or?”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 03-11-2018

Julianna gazed up at him as he tried to bring some positivity to the situation. Her face was neutral and as vampirically angled and perfect as always, but also different somehow. She looked tired, faint traces of those dark hollows under her eyes that formed when she tilted towards full monster. “It’s okay,” she shifted her leg out from under him and let her gaze fall away from his face. “It’s a risk I always have to take.”

She ignored his hand and pushed herself off of the ground. Normally, she would have been more than pleased to wrap her fingers around his but when he mentioned getting her fed she was suddenly very aware of him. Very warm, very aromatic, very human...him. Her face felt tight, and she knew it was doing that scary vampy thing. Humming she scrubbed her hand over her face and moved around him. “Will you grab those bags,” she asked as she walked towards the kitchen. She didn’t have any blood, but she didn’t want to tell him that. Didn’t want him to get worried, or scared.

She didn’t want him to leave her.

Her shoulder ached as she leaned heavily on the counter. Her thoughts were racing. He would leave and he would take Antoinette because she was dangerous.

“Did you walk Antoinette? I didn’t know what kind of food to get her. I got wet and dry. There’s so many choices. What do you think she will like?” Julianna fired off questions at him, hoping to change the subject.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 03-22-2018

Owen’s hand stayed poised and unused in the air before he lowered it slowly to his side. She was behaving strange. The attack could explain that. Right? It could explain the reason why the veins around her eyes stayed engorged with blood. That ready-to-attack vampire expression.

“Sure.” He agreed lamely to fetching the groceries for her. She was already moving away and into the kitchen. He followed silently, the bags crinkling at his side. He hoisted them onto the counter where Julianna leaned and spared her a concerned look. She was prattling on about the dog’s food even though she had been seriously wounded. She looked obviously weakened to him. He wasn't a fool. Of course, she was still a vampire, still deadly strong and fast, but she had been seriously wounded and needed blood to recover.

“Yes I walked her.” Owen said as he pulled out cans of wet food and stacked them on the counter. He set one aside. “Here. I’ll feed her and then take her out again. She’ll probably have to go after she eats right? You and Ani can - ” He turned around and crossed the space of the kitchen to pull open her fridge, “-eat ...together.” His words seemed to fall off a cliff as he stared at her completely empty fridge. He turned around slowly still holding the door open, the drafts of the cold air were felt on the front of his body but that wasn’t the reason why he chilled all over.

“You don’t have any blood.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 03-25-2018

“I’m fine.” Julianna tried to interrupt his path to her fridge. “You don’t have to.” It wouldn’t take him long to discover what she already knew. As he opened the door and stared into the stark whiteness of the bare appliance his words hung in the air between them. You don’t have any blood echoed with the hollowness of a much more damning discovery. She was injured. She was hungry, and now he and tiny Antoinette were the most immediate sources of sustenance in her tiny apartment.

The vampire stopped fiddling with the bags and the dog supplies on the counter. In fact, she stopped moving all together. Eerie and still as if she were more statue than woman. She stared back at Owen, still in front of the fridge with the door hanging open. Julianna knew what she looked like right now; every bit the dangerous monster they both knew she could be.

“You’re letting all the cold out,” she tried to joke. The attempt fell short without an accompanying smile. Her lips barely moved, lest she risk revealing elongated fangs ready to feed. “I’m fine,” she repeated, softly, as if she were pleading with him. Pleading with him not to be afraid of her. To not leave her.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 03-26-2018

Owen let the refrigerator door swing closed. It settled into place with that satisfying matted snap. He studied her face as he crossed the kitchen again to her side. It was difficult to see her as a terrifying, hungry vampire when her eyes looked more like sad puppy eyes.

Owen made himself busy examining the different flavors of canned dog food Julianna. He wasn’t really making a conscious decision, his mind was working over a probably truly stupid idea. He pulled back the can tab revealing a soupy chunky mixture and frowned at the smell of the food. “I’ll just feed you both.” Owen said to the brown liquid in the can. He didn’t even glance at Julianna to see how his suggestion would play out. Whether she would understand what he was getting at. Of course she was. She was a hungry vampire. He was a walking blood bag.

Dumping some into the doggie bowl printed with bones that Julianna had also bought, Owen called for Antoinette. The puppy hadn’t learned her own name yet, but the smell of food produced her soon enough. He knelt down and showed the puppy the bowl. It was as good an opportunity as any to begin an obedience lesson.

“Wait.” He said patiently, pushing the puppy gently away from the food. “Wait.” The process felt futile at first. Antoinette was eager to get to her food. Owen gave up after a few repetitions and just let her have at it. Owen glanced up at Julianna, “Guess she likes this one,” he said before pushing himself up again.

He stood awkwardly halfway between the puppy and the vampire. “Your turn.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 03-31-2018

Julianna stared at Owen across the kitchen. Her brow furrowed as his words hung in the air between them. She had heard him, but almost felt as if she couldn’t process what he was saying. The door of the fridge closed with a gentle sound that rang in her ears. Everything seemed so loud all of a sudden, the white noise of pumping blood was lost and she was very aware every other noise. Owen’s breathing and the clatter of each individual claw as Antoinette scampered across her hardwood flooring.

The smell of the dog food flooded her senses and she frowned. “No,” she said finally. Her response on a bit of a delay. He didn’t hear her, or was ignoring her as he focused on the hungry pup.

Owen stood and faced her. Offering his blood up to her. The offer was tempting and her body ached with the thought. Her every nerve ending begging her to say yes to him. She didn’t feed on humans anymore. She was dangerous. She thought back to the child molester she had almost killed the other night.

Now that he was offering she was noticing all the things she was usually able to ignore. The intoxicating smell of him. The now nervous rhythm of his beating heart. “No.” She repeated shaking her head quickly. “I shouldn’t. I don’t think I can. I don’t... I don’t know if I’d be able to stop myself.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 04-01-2018

Owen folded his arms across his chest and popped his hip, giving the small vampire an impatient stare as she refused his offer once and then more vehemently a second time. Owen felt a mixture of irritation and disappointment.

“I want to trust you. You’ve more than proved that you’re a good vampire. Whatever that means. But... I believe you if you insist you’re dangerous.”

Owen let his hands fall away from his chest and he glanced over at the puppy who snorted happily as she ate. He sighed to prepare himself for the next thing he had to say. “If your self-control is that tenuous right now then Antoinette and I should go to my place when she’s finished eating. Besides, I can see you’re struggling as it is. It would be easier for you if we left.”

His eyes skirted away from her not wanting to see how that would hurt and disappoint her. He knew it would.

“I could bring her back when you’ve fed.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-19-2018

Owen had made the right choice to not look at her. Her face screwed up in such a pained expression that he may as well have just stabbed her in the chest. “That’s not fair,” she protested quickly and childishly. Even though was he was suggesting certainly was. He had every right to be concerned with his own safety, and Antoinette’s in the presence of a hunger vampire. Even if consciously she knew she would never hurt them. She continued to argue, “just because I don’t want to drink for you doesn’t mean I don’t have any self control.”

He wouldn’t look at her now and she hated it. She had gotten attacked going out to retrieve the items he had forgotten during his little impulsive spending spree and now he was pushing her for it. She felt angry; she knew the anger and the indignance were only heightened by her lack of blood.

Julianna’s countenance now displayed that anger instead of the previous betrayal she was feeling moments before. Dark brows furrowed tight in the middle over bright red eyes. “You just want to leave,” she accused. A blood-deficient paranoia setting in. She had turned into that frighteningly still vampire statue, staring him down from across the kitchen island. Only her lips moved when she spoke.

“I don’t know when I’ll get to feed next…” Something else occurred to her. There was a lift to her brows. “You already know that. You know that because those hunters saw me I won’t be able to leave, and I especially won’t be able to hit any of the blood banks. You want to go and you want to take Antoinette and leave me alone!”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-30-2018

“What do you want from me!” He raged over her accusations. He boldly stepped towards her with his arms spread out, a vulnerable and daring posture to take with a hungry vampire demonstrating increasing annoyance and paranoia. He didn’t give a shit.

“I’m here aren’t I? Haven’t we been over this?”

He pushed up the sleeve of his jacket to reveal a wrist scarred with iconic vampire bites. Holes on the underside of his wrist. Raised and light with age. He then raised his shirt revealing uglier scars on his stomach - where a particularly sadistic vampire drank straight from his abdominal aorta.

“When vampires give me attention bad things happen to me.” He was still yelling as he dropped his shirt down over the scars and folded his arms defensively over his chest. He didn’t want to talk more specifically about how he’d gotten those scars, the display was enough of the story already.

“This isn’t easy for me either, alright?” This, meaning them. The two of them kissing on the couch. Sleeping together. The two of them sharing mutual feelings and attraction for one another. “My gut reaction is to push you away. My brain -” his hands moved up around his head like tormenting claws that didn’t quite touch him, “is wired like vampires...bad. But you -” he dropped his hands helplessly at his sides. “I don’t know what to think. I don’t want to leave you alone. Stop attributing motives to me. Okay? I want to trust you. So just tell me what you want me to do.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 06-23-2018

“I-I don’t know!”

Julianna flinched and took a step back when he moved towards her. It broke that too-still vampire mask that she had been using against him. She had stopped breathing because she couldn’t stand the smell of him. He had always smelled too good to her, but tonight the scent of him was overwhelming. Not to be crude, but he smelled good enough to eat. He had raised his voice at her, however, and she didn’t care for that one bit. The vampire frowned, but held his gaze almost defiantly, until he moved to reveal characteristic marks on his wrist and his abdomen.

He hadn’t needed to show her. She had see the scars the night before when he’d undressed to sleep with her. It wasn’t that she had pretended not to notice them, they just weren’t something that she could have asked about casually, and she hadn’t needed to. He wasn’t a vampire hunter for no reason.

Antoinette trotted out of the kitchen as Owen continued to yell at Julianna, clawed feet skittered over the tile as she waddled into the living room. The puppy wiggled her way under the coffee table, and couldn’t be seen.

“I-,” Julianna looked up at him helplessly. She opened her mouth to speak, but closed it without saying anything else. This happened a few more times as she gestured uselessly with her hands. It was difficult for her to think. “I don’t understand what’s going on,” she finally admitted. “I don’t know what this is,” she continued, and she knew he didn’t have an answer to that. “I don’t know why you came back, or why you bought us a dog, or why you let me kiss you.” For a moment she looked as if she might cry. The whites around red eyes tinged redder with welling tears.

She brought her hands to her face, catching a few tears that had spilled over with the sleeves of her hoodie. They left red tracks down her face. “I’m hungry,” she complained, a petulant mumble that she knew sounded childish. “I don’t want you to go, but I don’t want to be like-” she gestured vaguely towards him. She seemed to mean his scars. “-that.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 06-27-2018

The way she flinched made him freeze. He couldn’t freeze the way she did, in that purely vampiric way of freezing. Where she was statuesque, he exhibited micro movements: a slight sway, flicks of his eyes back and forth over her face, a clenching of his fists, the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed. She didn’t even breathe. That much he noticed in the tense silent staring.

His jaw clenched as he listened to her tirade. As she became more frustrated and showed signs of becoming tearful, he felt his whole body soften. His muscles went slack. Owen huffed at her and threw up his hands in exasperation, they slapped back down against his thighs.

He stared at her a few moments longer to see if she had anything else to say or if she had emptied herself of her worries and fears. The way she wiped at her face with both hands made her look like she was hiding from him. He closed the distance between them and took her wrists in his hands to push them away from her face and down until they were by her side. He pursed his lips at her as if scolding her before he leaned down and kissed her.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 07-04-2018

They didn't say anything. Having been mostly reduced to gesturing uselessly at one another in their frustration. Her tantrum had passed, despite being no less hungry or tired. She pawed at her face, trying to hide from him, but he wouldn't let her. Slim, and long fingers encircled her entire wrist and she didn't fight him as he pushed her hands back down to her sides. Julianna had stopped her brief bout of crying, face streaked with red as she looked up at him pathetically.

The kiss was unexpected, but she responded to it immediately. There was no hesitation of surprise. She kissed him back, almost hungrily, open-mouthed and panting. Her fingers curled into the fabric of his shirt, and she wasn't thinking when she stepped forward, pushing his body back with hers until she had pressed him up against the wall. She was breathing again, and she could smell him. Her hands smoothed over his chest, upwards and into his hair. Standing on her toes for a better angle her mouth left his, trailing down, lips skirting across his jaw. Julianna kissed her way down Owen's throat to the hollow between his collarbones. She pressed her lips together, and she could feel her fangs pushing up against her mouth, and against where she had smothered her face against his chest.

Julianna whimpered, hands still clawed into his hair, and she clung to him almost desperately now. He had offered. Already he said she could feed from him, she didn't know if the offer still stood, didn't know if she wanted to ask. She didn't know if she was more scared of rejection or permission, but gods she was so hungry.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-22-2018

Though the vampire was much stronger than he was, it didn’t take much effort to push him back against the wall. He went willingly, guided by the wordless demands she made of him. He couldn’t think anymore but was reduced to responding to her, whatever she wanted.

Her lips brushing over his neck made him gasp audibly. The contact sent a coursing of pleasure down his spine. He couldn’t help it. In anticipation of the bite that didn’t come, Owen’s hands tightened on her hips. He stood a bit frozen. He was more apprehensive than panicked.

“It’s okay.” One hand left her hip to smooth her hair from her face. He forced her to look up at him.

Her lips were red from kissing and the color made her look almost human. Almost. He kissed her again. His arms wrapped around her, pressing her close against him. It was also alright with him if she just wanted to kiss but that didn’t seem to be any less complicated for a hungry vampire.