alonimi
Hunt/ed [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Hunt/ed [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 08-22-2017

“Obviously, I didn’t mind,” she said, the giggles that laced her usually smoky tone didn’t seem out of place. After receiving a few scratches from Owen, Julianna dropped to the floor, sitting cross-legged on the plush area rug in the living room, with the wriggling animal in her lap. She listened as Owen defended himself and his purchases, even though she didn’t seem to be listening because she was entirely enamored with the puppy.

Julianna gasped. “Baby girl,” she cooed, holding the corgi on her back so she could plunge her fingers into the fluff on her belly. She continued to talk in pitched and nonsensical babble to the canine for a few moments, before turning the dog upright and allowing her to waddle off and explore the apartment as she was willed. Julianna gasped again, pushing herself off the floor quickly. She was absolutely giddy and it was apparently hard for her to contain. “I get to name her?” She asked in disbelief as she bounded back to where Owen stood with the bags she had yet to inspect.

Owen held his arms open in such a way that Julianna wanted to hug him. A sort of welcome back and a thank you bundled up in one. She almost did, stopping just before him, arms lifting as if she would curl them around his torso. But she stopped, remembering the hot and cold sort of reactions he had to her touching him. She was still smiling, showing off those tiny fangs he found so adorable, when he rerouted her arms towards reaching for the bags as if that had been her intention all the while. “I am going to think of the best name,” she gushed, making grabby hands at the bags until they were off of his wrists.

She held up the first bag, from the stationary shop. Though she didn’t look inside she still hummed appreciatively at his choice of patronage. The other bag, from the lingerie shop, didn’t diminish her smile, but both brows disappeared behind her bangs. “Interesting choices,” she teased, turning away from him and skipping back towards the couch to thoroughly root through her gifts. If she was at all displeased with him, she didn't show it. Which really just meant she was not at all unhappy with him. Julianna wasn't the type to mask her true feelings.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 08-22-2017

Owen was aware that vampires could be somewhat emotionally volatile and express their emotions in the...extreme ranges. But generally speaking he saw those extreme emotional expressions carried out in remarkably horrific violent behaviors. It didn’t occur to him that, say, a vampire woman passionate about puppies might squeal and fawn over it as dramatically as Julianna did. He stood somewhat shocked by her display while finding it simultaneously endearing.

Unfortunately that feeling of being endeared to her turned uncomfortable during the awkward few moments that passed when he realized that her trajectory as she came towards him was for a hug which she redirected to reaching for the bags he had brought to her. Owen shared in the palpable and painful awkwardness that seemed to stretch on forever in those few seconds of redirected posture.

He quickly released the bags to her when she indicated she wanted them. Owen could feel the heat rising to his face and his heart pound in his chest as she inspected the bags. He cursed himself for not returning the lingerie. What was he thinking buying that for her? They couldn’t even hug for fucksake.

“Yeah…” he scratched at the back of his neck as she turned away to plop on the couch. After a moment of hesitation while a feeling of painful awkwardness returned to him, Owen joined Julianna on the couch.

“I’m impulsive!” He said defensively, his voice pitching louder as if she was scolding him even though she wasn’t. “I sat down to have a burrito and I looked up and saw the stationery shop. So I went to check it out. I thought maybe you never had a chance to go there. You know? Because their business hours are so limited. And then when I left there I passed by this ...other shop.” He avoided calling the business by what it was: a lingerie store. “And I -- I -- and then when I left there I passed by this pet shop and - I kid you not Julianna - they had two Corgis in the window. In the window. It was like fate. So of course I had to go play with them and see if they were sweet. And she was so sweet. The other one was a bit rambunctious and just wanted to nibble on me.”

He shrugged after his explanation of everything. “So yeah I hope you like the gifts you paid for.” An uncomfortable sounding chuckle erupted from him after this final statement.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 08-27-2017

Owen was making it very clear that he was nervous. About the purchases he had made with her money, about her reception to them. About spending time with a vampire the way he was. Everything, really. The hunter was so keyed up, Julianna could practically feel the tension exuding from him when he came to sit down next to her on the couch.

In a move that would either make things better or worse, when he situation himself on the couch, Julianna readjusted. She situated herself very solidly in his lap, nestled between his legs with her thighs draped over one of his and her feet extended across the couch cushions. She didn’t ask for permission, she just wordlessly made herself comfortable on him. It was a far cry from the hug she’d failed to give him earlier. “Well, I already love the puppy,” she chimed, finally opening one of the bags. She chose the first she’d seen in the snaps, from the stationary shop, because the other bag clearly made him the most anxious.. “I’m sure the rest is great.” She pulled out decorative tissue paper and tossed it carelessly on the couch near her feet.

She sorted through and cooed over the adorable, flower-shaped sticky notes and assortments of metallic and glittering gel pens that he’d picked out rather quickly. Though, it made him nervous she was eager to get to the second bag. Putting the stationary aside she picked up the other bag. “I want to name her Antoinette,” she said, suddenly, as if to distract him from the matter of the lingerie. She nodded her nose towards the dog, waddling and sniffing around the coffee table, in case he’d somehow not know what she was talking about. “It’s cute and classy, and I think it suits her.” She lifted the blue and lacy teddy as she spoke, lifting it to eye level. Her mouth formed a perfect, silent o, and her eyes widened in a show of delighted surprise.

“You picked this out for me?” The answer to the question was obvious, but she wanted to hear him to confirm that he wanted to see her in the items he’d purchased.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 08-30-2017

Owen’s lips parted and his eyes widened a touch at the corners as the vampire invited herself to his lap. He didn’t stop her. Quite the contrary, he moved his arms and legs around so that she could occupy his lap in the way she wanted. When his hands settled again, one rested on one of her thighs and the other he draped over the back of the couch.

He was quiet and merely smiled at her casually as she rummaged through the bags and made her compliments on his selection. He didn’t feel the need to explain anything he had chosen for her. It all spoke for herself.

“Fancy name for a fancy dog.” He said to distract himself from the reveal of that blue lace piece he’d selected, indeed, for her.

He glanced at the piece before looking back at the bright sanguine eyes focused on him. “Uhhh...yeah. That was the intent. Yeah. I mean I think you’d look better in it than me.”

He added the obvious joke and chuckled self-consciously.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 09-03-2017

“She is a fancy dog,” she agreed. “And she will be the most spoiled. I am going to spoil her rotten.”

Julianna seemed more than comfortable perched in his lap. Moreso because he’d deliberately made room for her without protest. She didn’t yet know what it was about the hunter that made her falter with small, affectionate gestures like hugs, but not with more aggressive moves like lap-sitting and making out.

“You might be surprised how good you’d look in something blue and lacy.” The vampire teased him lightheartedly as she gently set the first piece aside, so she could examine the rest of the bag. She was just as pleased by the second, all black, set of garments and wasn’t too shy to vocalize it. Julianna wanted to change into one of her gifts right then and there, but something made her feel as if that might be overwhelming for him. Owen seemed to be struggling with having bought them at all.

Folding the items carefully, she returned them to the bag and pushed the crinkling tissue paper back down on top of them. “I guess this means you want me to keep sending you snaps?” She grinned at him, before dropping the bags onto the floor. She resettled in his lap in such as way that her head could rest against his shoulder and she could look up at him. He was resigned to almost cradling her, in a way.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 09-08-2017

“Ha. Right.” He responded sarcastically with a roll of his eyes. “Blue is a good color for me. I’m not so hot on the lace, though.” The hand that was draped over the back of the couch twitched and he lifted his index finger signaling a new idea. “Now silk is another story.” He added dryly.

Owen watched silently again as she dug through more tissue paper to uncover the other set he had picked out for her. His eyes flicked over the selection as if he were re-evaluating his choice or perhaps already picturing her in it. He felt quite a bit more calm given that she had responded with positivity to his selections.

The gifts were pushed aside and Julianna stilled in a position that left Owen staring down at her while she used his shoulder as a head rest. His arm fell down from the back of the couch so that he could link both hands together at her hip. He applied a gentle pressure with his hands as if he were squeezing her against him.

“I certainly didn’t mind those snaps.” He said with a smirk before his face smoothed into something more serious. “I just wanted to get you something nice, you know, because you helped me after I was pretty horrible towards you. So, you know. Thanks again. And I'm sorry for the way I treated you. It's been a -” the flow of his speech was interrupted by a brief chuckle, "-ah, well, interesting experience getting to know you a little bit."

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 09-29-2017

The diminutive vampire hummed, clearly content, when Owen readjusted to accommodate her snuggling against him. The warmth of his body and the weight of his hands were comforting. She could hear his heart beating over the sound of his voice resonating in his chest. She liked that too. Julianna was drawn to the human of him. Everything about him advertised his being alive. His warmth, that cadence behind his ribs, that rise and fall of his chest in time with the rhythm of his breathing. It was almost as if she missed being alive herself. Not that she would be alive now, if she had stayed human.

“More snaps it is then,” she agreed with a giggle. She started fiddling with one of the buttons on his shirt as he thanked her. She tilted her head to look up at him. “You didn’t have to get me anything,” she murmured. She sat up and away from him so she could look at him. “Your reactions were only natural, really. I mean...you’re a vampire hunter, and I’m a vampire. I didn’t expect you to believe that I was different from others right away.”

Julianna shimmied out of his grasp and slid from his lap and onto the floor and leaned against his legs. She patted her hands on the ground to get Antoinette’s attention, and the little puppy eagerly ambled towards her. Picking up the canine, she cuddled her against her chest and turned slightly to look up at Owen, again. Her cheery smile revealing fangs. “I was kind of hoping we could keep getting to know each other.” Antoinette wiggled in her arms, trying to find purchase against her chest to climb higher and lick her face.

“Are you...going home, tonight?”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 10-01-2017

Owen’s face brightened, eyebrows raised, and lips slightly parted at the prospect of receiving more sexy snaps from her. His lips remained parted and he felt heat rising to his face as his eyes lowered to where her fingers fiddled with his shirt. His mind returned to the previous evening. The last time he’d had her in his lap. He had been high on her blood and they’d made out. Sure, he could have blamed it on the blood then. But he was out of excuses when it came to his present feeling of attraction to the vampire.

And they were making amends too. Well, more like, she was accepting his apology.

Either luckily or unluckily, she was off his lap before he could become any more hot and bothered by her sitting on him. He’d almost all but forgotten the puppy for the moment until she snatched it up.

“Oh yeah?” He asked scratching the back of his neck as he tried to think of anything that anyone would want to know about him. “There’s not much to me.” He admitted as a cop out. “I’m sure any stories I have would be a bore compared to yours.”

Owen leaned forward to reach for the puppy. He let the energetic creature nibble at his fingers before he gave her a hearty scratch between the ears. “I was - kind of -” he had been fully planning to go home. But now that she asked he felt he shouldn’t leave. Maybe it would be rude. Maybe it would bring back that little sad expression she had given him that morning. A look that almost seemed to ask if he would ever come back.

Do you not have like - you know - vampire activities to do tonight? Blood bank raids and pedo hunting? That kind of thing.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 10-01-2017

“I don’t have as many stories as one might think.” She didn’t look at Owen as she spoke, Even though he was leaning close to pet the dog, she kept her gaze on Antoinette. “For a vampire, I’m quite boring. Which I suppose isn’t bad, all things considered.”

Julianna turned to dump relinquish the puppy into Owen’s lap. “I think I would enjoy hearing about your life,” she said, looking up at him from the floor. With her arms free of Antoinette, she stood moving away from her company on the couch. The vampire could sense that Owen had been intending to leave, but was second guessing himself now. Julianna wanted him to stay, but she couldn’t expect him to. She was moving too quickly, she knew; she trying to push him too fast into something he wasn’t sure he wanted.

She moved around the kitchen, even though there was nothing for her to do there. She couldn’t pretend to get a drink or a snack. There was nothing to clean or put away on the spotless countertops. All her fidgeting just made her look upset to the idea of him leaving, when she was going to say the opposite.

“My nights are not that exciting.” She forced a laugh. “You managed to catch me on a few off days, I suppose.” She leaned on the counter and looked down at her finger where it drew circles on the granite. “I’m all tucked in for the night.” She shrugged. “Probably for a while. I try not to go out too much.”

“You don’t have to stay. I’m sure you have better...other things to do.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 10-02-2017

A wiggling puppy was deposited into his lap in a way that made Owen feel as if he had upset Julianna in some way. It felt sort of like they were arguing. Arguing as to who was more boring than the other? Arguing wasn’t quite the right word. They were just both...wrangling with something. Or maybe it was more him.

Julianna vacated the living room and he felt her restless energy. Owen gave the puppy a few more pets before setting her down on the floor so that he could seek out Julianna in the next room. He entered the room cautiously and leaned on the door jamb. He crossed his ankles and folded his arms over his chest.

Owen didn’t take the bait as to her suggestion that he was the one with better nighttime plans. He didn't want to keep wrangling with who was more boring or who was more busy. It was really a cover up conversation for both their insecurities.

Since she had suggested they get to know each other, well, why not. He would take the plunge.

“You could maybe tell me how you were made and that whole story.” Owen shrugged one of his shoulders. “If that’s not too personal. I think I’d like to hear it.” He shrugged that same shoulder again. “We could get all ‘tucked in for the night’ and have you tell me a story.” He grinned feeling clever when he flipped her turn of phrase around on her in a way that was kind of suggestive.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 10-19-2017

The vampire was clearly suspicious at his offer to stay. She looked up and away from her fidgeting finger to where he stood in the entry to the kitchen. One shoulder shrugged upwards towards her cheek as she cocked her head. Last night he had been forced to stay because of Eden, but now he wanted to? Was it because of the money he had spent? Looking for more ways to make it up to her? “Okay.” She agreed and pushed away from the counter. She didn’t know why he would want to hear the story of how she was made. Come to think of it she had never shared the story with anyone. "It's actually not very exciting."

As she walked around the counter to where he blocking the exit, Antoinette waddled into the kitchen. A nosy, and exploratory pup she made circles, nails clicking lightly on the kitchen tile as she sniffed and sniffed. Julianna stopped short of where Owen was, red eyes tracked the dog's movements. “I didn’t see you come in with any dog supplies. Like food and stuff. Did you buy any of that?”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 10-24-2017

Owen wasn’t particularly comforted by her response to his question or the almost skeptical way she had looked at him when he offered to stay.

For a second it seemed to him that she was skirting around the question of her making. Claiming it wasn’t interesting. Her death wasn’t interesting? Her maker wasn’t interesting? That he found hard to believe. And her avoidance of the topic didn’t bode well to him.

He was distracted from his suspicions by the topic of the dog. Owen’s hands flew to the sides of his head in mild shock that he had overlooked such an important detail in caring for a critter. “Oh shit! I completely forgot!”

His hands fell to his thighs with a flop. “I guess I forgot to add that I’m impulsive and I also don’t think things through all the way. My follow-through is pretty … uh shaky, at best.” He chuckled self-consciously as he tried to shake off his obvious failure.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 11-06-2017

Julianna had never told anyone the story of her making. She hadn’t spoken her sire’s name in over five-hundred years. Since, then she had done her best to separate herself from the elder vampire’s lineage. Even if it meant being all but disowned from her own brother. The circumstances weren’t some great secret, just a legend that had been lost to time. There was also the fact that no one had ever asked her before. Not that she had ever been close enough to anyone.

Owen’s clear reaction of shock amused her. The vampire couldn’t help but grin at the way his hands flew up, how he looked almost horrified that he had forgotten the details of pet care. Julianna grabbed her wallet that was still sitting on the island, after having her car returned. It disappeared into the pocket of her hoodie. “Why don’t you walk Antoinette and I will run out and get some supplies, really quick?” Though worded as a suggestion, it was really more of an explanation of what she expected to happen. It would take her no time at all to get the things they would need thanks to vampire speed.

“It shouldn’t take me too long at all.” Julianna was already near the door, pushing her feet into red and black sneakers. "I'll be right back."

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 11-19-2017

When her lips spread into that grin Owen’s gaze unconsciously fell to those two characteristic pointy teeth. His gaze returned to hers when she gave him the suggested instructions.

“Yeah sure, no problem.”

He followed her out the door with the new puppy on a leash. Antoinette didn’t seem to know what to do with the leash. She zig zagged across the ground taking off in one direction and then the other looking betrayed when the line ran out.

Owen headed back inside and sprawled out on the couch with Antoinette curled up on his chest. He flipped lazily through the channels on Julianna’s TV while he waited for her to return.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 02-04-2018

Julianna’s return was heralded by the slamming of her front door. The crinkle of plastic bags and the thud of items hitting the floor. There was a curse, and the unmistakable thud of the tiny vampire falling against the door and sliding downwards to the floor with the items that she had discarded.

“Owen.” From the entry her voice sounded far away. Calm, but pushed between clenched teeth with a sense of urgency. “Could you come help me please?” It was very clear that she didn’t just needed assistance bringing in the items for Antoinette.

She was half-hunched over leaning against the door, both legs thrust out in front of her. Her left arm hung limply at her side, with what looked like the bolt of a crossbow piercing the junction of her arm and her shoulder. It shone with silver when she moved. Her free hand was hovering around it in a mixture of confusion and apprehension. Obviously, she wanted to pull it out, but didn’t want to injure herself further. Her shirt and her jacket clung to her skin with the blood leaking steadily from the wound. It dripped onto her polished wood floors. “I can’t get it out,” she complained. She groaned and leaned her head back against the door. “It’s silver-” a shaking exhale. “And it’s barbed. I can’t pushed it through.”