alonimi
Hunt/ed [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Hunt/ed [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-22-2017

It wasn’t that Owen wasn’t aware of her desire for him. The way she gazed at him gave it all away. It seemed to him that morning less hungry than he had imagined it the evening before. Maybe it was the bright sunny morning and the full night’s sleep but he was less concerned she wanted to eat him than he was the previous evening.

Still, he wasn’t sure what to do about it.

He moved around her awkwardly like a beginner at a dance class, or a newbie at Zumba. Wholly uncoordinated and unprepared.

Her giggle and joke drew a laugh out of him. He wagged his finger at her. “No no. I was a very dignified Corgi. Entirely adorable in that respectable way Corgis are. And you couldn’t resist me.”

It was odd saying such things to her dressed in nothing but his boxers after the misunderstanding and make-up they had the previous evening. Things between them were so hazy, so unclear, but it felt okay to flirt with her.

He walked backwards down the hall in the direction she indicated nodding his understanding at the coffee situation. “Thanks. It’s not a huge deal. I can always grab some from the gas station.” He whirled around and pushed into the bathroom to go about relieving himself and performing some basic hygiene.

Being an unprepared guest in her house left him washing his face with a cleanser that was obviously marketed to women. It had that clean but girly scent to it. He even pressed a pump of her facial moisturizer into his palm and applied it to his face. Without a toothbrush to use, he did a cursory pass with her toothpaste on his index finger and gave a good rinse with some mouthwash and was left feeling fresh enough.

Owen met Julianna in the kitchen. He wasn’t entirely eager to put back on the clothes of the previous evening which he knew were soiled from his own blood during the shenanigans of last night.

“Thanks, uh, for letting me stay the night.” He said from where he hovered near the entryway.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 07-22-2017

Her hands flew towards her mouth as she gasped excitedly. “A corgi,” her tone had gone shrill with the sheer cuteness of the idea. “That is much better than a Pomeranian. I would totally adopt you.” Her hands fell from her mouth and positioned near the hollow of her throat. “I would get you a collar with a little bow tie,” she made a motion with her hands, one that somehow universally signified the adjusting of a bow tie. “So everyone knew what a distinguished pup you were.”

Her laughter trailed as they parted ways.

In the kitchen, she glanced at him over her shoulder when he joined her. She was fiddling with a simple coffee maker, having found some grounds tucked into the back of her freezer. It wasn’t fancy at all, just a simple dark roast, but it would probably be good enough to get him through the morning. Until he left and found something better.

“It’s not a problem,” she said with a smile. There was beep from the appliance that signified it had started brewing. “It was the least I could do after the whole Eden thing.” She shrugged her shoulder apologetically, looking sheepish. “Oh,” she perked suddenly, curls bouncing with the motion of her head. “I washed your clothes.” She pointed to a stack laundry neat folded behind him and resting on the dining room table.

When the finger dropped, it came to lay upon her abdomen and twisted nervously with the fingers of her other hand. “I, uhm, imagine you’ll be leaving, soon? After coffee?”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-22-2017

“It … wasn’t...your fault.” He was trying to say but not fast enough before she changed to the topic of freshly washed clothes. Owen perked up much the same way she did, but his was in surprise. “You did?” He turned around to where she had gestured to find his clothes washed and folded on the top of the pile. “You didn’t have to do that, but thank you.”

Owen crossed into the dining room and retrieved his clothes smelling of fresh detergent and dressed himself. He then joined her in the kitchen. Taking a few more steps this time into the room from where he had been previously hovering timidly at the doorway.

How could he not? The smell of percolating coffee and her demeanor were so welcoming. It eased any tension he felt as a guest unfamiliar with her and her space. She was an attentive host which put him at ease.

“Yeah. I should go after that.” His eyes darted to the coffee dripping a steady stream into the glass pot. “I have to do something about my phone. I guess beg them to finance one on my plan? Or something.” He sighed embarrassed at the state of his finances. “My other one wasn’t even paid off yet and -” he waved his hand. The topic was boring. She could fill in the rest.

He turned to lean against a cabinet and folded his arms defensively over his chest. “So anyway. Not gonna lie. I totally want to get a corgi now.” Owen laughed as he tried to turn the conversation to something light.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 07-23-2017

Julianna leaned against the counter, smiling gently and watching Owen as he moved around the space. She wasn’t ever subtle about the way she looked at him. No surreptitious glances or furtive peeks. Crimson eyes remained trained on his person whenever he was in her presence. It did not occur to her that the weight of her attention could be disarming. Akin to a predator stalking prey. The vampire, however, did not see the hunter as prey so much as she viewed him as a prize to be won.

Her smile faltered beneath his admission to leave soon. Only one corner of her mouth remained slightly turned upwards, and it appeared as if she were making an effort to remain cheerful. “I offered to buy you one,” she reminded him. Pushing away from the counter, she turned to retrieve a mug from one of the cabinets above her head. Simple, stately ceramic in a dark blue color. “I’ll let you borrow my card.” The cup met the counter with a gentle clink. “Since, I can’t go with you for obvious reasons. You can pay off your other phone, too. Buy yourself lunch. I really don’t care.” She laughed as she turned around again.

Red eyes blinked slowly at him, surprised to find him in such a defensive position. Leaning casually, but closed off with his arms across his chest. She held the mug out to him. “That would be adorable,” she said, gasping with delight. “I could definitely see you with a corgi. A Pembroke, with big ears and a stubby tail.” She giggled again.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-23-2017

Owen froze up when she again offered to buy him a new phone...and then expanded that offer to include what seemed to be a near mini shopping spree on her. He hesitated in taking the mug from her now feeling as if he had put himself in a position to only take things from her. Time, money, energy. She had put him up, washed his clothes, fed him coffee, and now offering him money.

His fingers brushed over hers when he accepted the mug from her. “I can’t take money from you.” He countered feeling self-conscious for how he had treated her upon their initial meeting. “Maybe it could be a loan?”

He peered at himself in the dark liquid that was hot enough to put up a steady billowing of steam. “It’s just - I don’t.” He sipped at the coffee careful not to take too much to avoid potentially burning his mouth. It wasn’t quite that hot so he was able to take a deeper drink after that initial taste. He didn't want to press the issue any farther since he didn't want to come off as ungrateful.

His smile was timid. He was trying to accept her generosity without worrying about ulterior motives. “If you don’t be careful I might end up just adopting a corgi on your dime.” He joked.

“It’s really the least I can do,” she insisted. It somehow ignored that she had rescued him, and tended to him and let him stay the night with her. “Eden only grabbed you because she probably saw you hanging around me.” Julianna sighed, taking the empty carafe to the sink and washing it out with hot water. “Which is also my fault. She has this weird...thing about me and I shouldn’t have been spending so much time around you.” This managed to ignore how all of their previous meetings had been accidental. The vampire was keen on taking the blame for the other two. She set the cleaned carafe back on the tray near the coffee maker and turned to peer at him curiously.

She shrugged. “A loan then.” Her acquiesce came too easily. She was already thinking of ways to get out of any method he would use to repay her. Well. Materialistic methods. If chose to repay her in say...kisses, or something similar she would not decline.

His smile though hesitant, drew a beaming one from her. Wide and showing off white fangs. She laughed and looked towards her feet, fingers pulling at the edges of the large t-shirt she still wore. “I don’t think I could be mad at that,” she admitted. “Well, I could be, but only if you didn’t let me snuggle it.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-23-2017

Owen hummed thoughtfully as she revealed the small tidbit about her history with Eden. He was, admittedly, quite curious about Julianna’s history. Vampires always had interesting stories it seemed. He wondered how old she was, the story of her making, and her general history. Maybe he would find an excuse to ask these personal questions.

He shrugged again, this one more comical and dramatic. “I guess we can take equal parts blame. I’m kind of a vampire magnet. Shit happens.”

His eyes flicked to the casual display of fangs. On other vampires, the fangs were intimidating. On her, they were kind of cute. He could envision scenarios where her fangs could even be sexy.

That was a dangerous line of thought.

His smile mirrored hers and he pointed his index finger at her in warning. “Don’t tempt me. I have an impulsive side, okay?” Here he was enjoying light hearted casual conversation with a deadly predator with a pretty smile and bouncy curls. He chuckled into his coffee already half gone and that was currently his only excuse to stick around.

“I think it might come with the territory of being a vampire….hunter.” How quickly her tone had gone from joking to serious with that final word. Accidentally having brought that little fact that she’d been ignoring to attention. Maybe, if she kept smiling he wouldn’t notice. Wouldn’t notice that she was vampire and he was sworn or bound or determined or whatever oath vampire hunters made to hunt vampires.

It would certainly put a damper on her growing infatuation with him.

He was smiling for real now, and if Julianna had a heart that beat it would be pounding loudly in her chest. If she breathed and inhale likely would have been caught in her throat. He was so handsome, and he was smiling at her. Which was quite the step up from the distance he had been trying to put between them the night before.

“I never would have guessed that you of all people would have an impulsive side.” Julianna laughed at him as she lifted her arms up in a reaching stretch. The hem of that shirt rose with the movement, revealing the entirety of her legs and hinting at the near nothingness she wore underneath. The dropped back down to her sides with an audible slap. “Let me get my card.”

She left the kitchen and disappeared down the hall towards her room. She wasn’t gone for long, and when she returned she thrust a typical looking bank card out at him. Her name Julianna D Maxillion was stamped into the front of it. “Not corgi money,” she warned, playfully.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-25-2017

“Yeah and I don’t even get hazard pay.”

This joke was likely in poor taste but it was speaking more broadly to his frustration with his chosen...calling. While he found himself involved in an organization that supported their members financially,such support was so austere that Owen found it hard to make ends meet.

And he risked his life for what?

Just to learn that not all vampires were blood thirsty, psycho, murderers.

Some had sweet personalities. And were sexy. And generous. And entirely cuddle-able.

The threads were beginning to come undone.

“I’m not sure if that’s sarcasm.” He responded flatly, because once she got to know him she would soon find he could be quite impulsive. In fact he was fighting the impulse to stare at the bare length of thigh she had just put on display with her stretch. The same thighs that had been gripping his hips when they kissed the evening before. His blood pressure increased and his body seemed determined to re-route his blood supply between his legs but he pushed the tactile memories from his mind and finished off the last of his coffee while she retrieved her card.

He accepted it from her between thumb and index with a grin that suggested he wasn’t quite committed in obeying her orders. He inspected the name printed on the plastic. “What’s the D stand for?” Owen asked as he tucked the card away into his wallet. Being a polite guest, he pushed away from the counter he had taken post up against and rinsed out his mug and placed it on a drying rack for her.

All signals that their morning was coming to a close.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 08-06-2017

“Sarcasm? From me? Certainly not.” She smiled cutely at him, gazing up at him from beneath her lashes. She clawed fingers through her hair, dark curls fell haphazardly down her back and over her shoulders. “That sounds more like your department,” she teased.

Julianna watched as her card was tucked away out of sight, and the wallet was returned to his pocket. She didn’t trust that grin that appeared on his features, and wondered if she would soon find herself paying for a little dog. Where would he even find one? Julianna wondered if there was a breeder nearby even though she absolutely should not have been. She pushed the thought from her mind, there was no way he would purchase a dog. Right?

She pursed her lips at him as they walked to the front door. She hummed in her throat, as if to indicate that she wasn’t sure if she was going to tell him. “It’s for Drusilla,” she explained, lagging behind him as he opened the door that lead to the hall of her apartment building. For a moment, she was just going to let him leave, but instead she trotted over to him. She grabbed his arm and used the leverage to pull him down so she could kiss his cheek. Sweetly, she murmured ‘have a good day,’ against his skin.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 08-06-2017

Owen made an ‘o’ shape out of his lips and seemed to enunciate the understanding that when she revealed her middle name. No sounds came from him. Just that silent ‘oh.’ They walked to the door together still silently. He felt the weight of something. Expectation maybe on her part. Or perhaps on his.

How did they depart this morning after what had transpired between them the evening before?

Julianna made up her mind before he did as he found himself being pulled into an affectionate kiss on his cheek. He smiled at the contact and didn’t pull away but turned his face towards her mouth so that his lips pressed to hers. “You too.” He said when he pulled away from that brief contact. “Thank you for putting me up last night. I’ll bring your card back to you. And we’ll work out how I can repay you, okay?”

He backed up against the door as if to leave, but didn't pull it open for fear of the sunlight that might land on her if he did.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 08-08-2017

The small vampire was visibly stunned by the unexpected kiss he pressed against her mouth. Wide red eyes stared up at him, lips had partly slightly from her surprise and the contact. It lasted only a moment, and soon after she was smiling brightly up at him, fangs on display. “You’re welcome,” she chimed, sounding almost giddy that she had received a kiss from him.

It was different, from when she had been taking them for herself.

“We’ll work something out,” she echoed, with a wave of her hand, clearly nonplussed about the situation. She walked backwards and away from him, and the door he was trying to open. Both wary of the potential for sunlight on the other side of it. “I’m sure we’ll see each other around,” she teased, referencing their habit of running into each other. Even though, it wasn’t quite the same when he would have to deliberately come back.

Come back to her.

She liked the idea of that.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 08-15-2017

Owen left the giddy little vampire’s apartment with a credit card that was burning a hole in his pocket. He fulfilled the original intended mission which was securing a new cellphone for himself. He completed the task at his phone carrier’s store down town. Afterwards he was left feeling hungry and meandered towards the gathering of food trucks in the park where he treated himself to lunch on Julianna’s credit card.

After he bought lunch Owen opened his newly downloaded Snapchat and sent Juliana a snap of his burrito with the text: eating a thing.

It might have been unconscionable for him to use her credit card in ways she hadn’t authorized. However, he had seated himself on the concrete edge of the fountain to eat which provided a perfect vantage to watch customers going into and out of a locally own stationery shop. It had one of those artsy looking foldable chalkboard signs advertising a sale in decorative calligraphy with cute doodles all around. Seemed like something right up Julianna’s alley if her preference for ridiculous stationery products was any evidence. He had collected a number of sticky notes in various shapes where she had penned sorry notes by an obviously practiced hand in colorful - and sometimes sparkly - gel pen.

He almost rolled his eyes thinking about how impractical it all was. But he couldn’t fault someone for having a personal flair. And undoubtedly Julianna did. She was very much herself in all things she did. The image of her pointy little fangs came to mind. Even her vampire teeth were cute. It was unbearable.

So, of course, he went into that shop when he finished off his burrito. And then he left the shop feeling as if he had walked into and out of a Pinterest board itself. He didn’t leave empty handed. Even the packaging was excessive. He found himself carrying a decorative little paper bag where the owner had penned a quick 'thank you' by the printed store logo. Tissue paper arranged neatly in the bag peaked out and advertised to the passersby that Owen was a sophisticated shopper.

He took a strategically vague snap of the tissue paper and sent it to Julianna. I may have done a thing.

The placement of a lingerie shop right down the walk from the stationery shop was either fortunate or unfortunate. For some reason, Owen made a foray into that store, as well. The store was also locally owned by a woman who designed all of the pieces herself. Owen was quickly enthralled with imagining Julianna wearing the various little lacy, strappy, silky outfits and pieces that hung on plush hangers. He was loathe to admit that he blushed when the shop owner interrogated him as to his preferences and sold him just what he wanted. A royal blue lacy and mesh teddy with a ribbon lace up back. And an all black set including a bustier, garter, and stockings. All for 'his girl' as the shop owner had forced out of him knowing that he window shopped imagining a certain someone dressed up just for him.

Owen wasn’t sure how he would endure giving Julianna that lingerie and even considered returning it. But the latter option seemed ill advised given that she would likely discover the charges and refund from the lingerie store and know that he had bought something anyhow. So he would just suck it up and deal with it because damn if that shop owner wasn’t a good saleswoman and knew a sucker when she found one.

When he left the lingerie shop, Owen snapped Julianna another picture of the bag handle in his hand. I did this other thing.

His last impulsive stop was a pet store.

After he left the pet store Owen again opened Snapchat and sent Juliana a snap of his face with a cringe look and the text: okay so just remember I did this all for you. And also you have a ridiculously impressive credit limit.

And so Owen found himself returning to Julianna’s apartment leading a Corgi puppy on a leash with his bags of purchases. He didn’t know how he would begin to pay her back for all the spending he’d managed that afternoon. Owen had sort of expected her limit would have cut him off but apparently the vampire was much better off than he estimated.

He picked up the corgi pup and cradled it in one arm while he knocked with the other on her door. The bags hung from his wrist while he waited for her to answer. He would have no explanation for the tiny dog and unnecessary consumer goods he had put on her credit card. He only hoped she was as forgiving and easily pleased as he estimated she would be.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 08-18-2017

Julianna had planned to spend most of her day laid out on her couch reading various celebrity gossip articles, which she waited for nightfall or for Owen to return. Whichever happened first. Despite the friendly way they had parted she wasn’t sure that he would be returning that same day, but she wasn’t going to worry too much about it. The overly trusting vampire assumed the hunter would return with her card at some point.

Throughout the day the notion that he would return to her was more solidified by the snaps she received from him. It was almost as if he was updating her on his day, a cute rapport of back and forth like a real couple would. Because of course she returned his snaps, her cute and curious face filling the screen with various filters as he continued to indicate that he was still making purchases.

She was giddy with excitement even before he’d sent his last snap. She could have easily gone online and checked to see where he had bought things, but she didn’t want to ruin the surprise for herself. Remember that I did this all for you.

For her.

Julianna tried to stay calm, to continue to mess around on her phone and not hover near the door and vibrate with her excitement for what he would return with. Her ears pricked to the sound of the elevator opening and footsteps approaching towards her door. She cocked her head and listened harder. Owen’s heavy steps were accompanied by the quick patter of smaller, and a greater number of feet. A jingle she didn’t recognize. She had hardly given him time to knock before she pulled the door open. She didn’t fear the potential of light on the other side before the sun was setting on the opposite side of the building. The motion put her face to face with the puppy. She squealed. The was no other description for the delighted sound she made. Her hands flew towards her mouth to stifle the sound, but dropped again when she dissolved into happy giggles. “Oh my god,” she cooed, in awe and disbelief. She immediately reached for the animal and pulled it from Owen’s arms. She walked back, puppy cradled against her chest, into the apartment and let Owen close the door and trail behind her. Jules snapped off the leash and let it fall to the floor as she walked, at the moment she had little concern for anything else but the puppy.

She cuddled and giggled the dog as it wiggled in her arms and licked at her face. “Oh my god,” she said again, her voice strained with emotion. “”I can’t believe you bought a corgi,” she said, but she didn’t sound mad about. “It’s so cute,” she nuzzled her face against the top of the puppy’s head. “Did you name him?”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 08-22-2017

Owen’s hand was still in the air in the form of a fist for the purposes of knocking on the door when Julianna jerked it open and began bleating over the puppy in his arms. He released the mini canine to her when she reached for it though he was remiss to let the creature go. He liked the feeling of its warm squishy belly on his arm.

It was a curious thing for the hunter to watch this baby dog lick at the vampire’s face with no fear or discrimination. Didn’t this little animal have any instincts that it was interacting with a deadly predator? Perhaps it was his instincts that were wrong. Manufactured as it were.

“I warned you! And you didn’t stop me. I know you opened my snaps.” He countered quickly as if he might get in trouble for the animal although she showed no sign of annoyance at his purchase.

“It is cute.” He agreed and moved next to her to scratch at the corgi’s head. It’s big ears bent to the side to accommodate for his petting though it also didn’t stop giving Julianna attention seeming happy to receive love from the both of them. The little animal grunted making happy puppy noises at them. “But it’s a she actually. And no, I haven’t picked out a name yet. I figured you could have the honor, since it was your credit card that made all this possible.”

He held his arms out widely as if her credit card had made so much possible. The bags that hung off his wrist swung when he made the motion and he became suddenly aware that they were there. A feeling of dread mixed with excitement swirled in his stomach upwards in his chest.