alonimi
Hunt/ed [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Hunt/ed [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 06-24-2017

Sighing against his mouth, she curled her arms around his neck as he pulled her closer. She was eager, but tentative in the way she kissed him, careful of the sharp fangs secured behind her lips. Hands that gripped her and an unmistakable firmness at the apex of her thighs only encourage the unrelenting movements of her hips.

There was too much clothing between them. Julianna wriggled out of her own hoodie, separating their bodies long enough to slide it off her arms and drop it to the floor. She went for his jacket next, sliding her hands under the rough material, but she felt his hesitation before he spoke. Her mouth on his was less insistent, hearing the words that he was almost ignoring himself. Wait. She stilled and pulled back to look up at him.

He was leaving? Julianna was awestruck, watching him claw hands through his hair and vocalizing a desire to leave. She pouted. A bottom lip tinged redder from kissing pushed forward, but she allowed him to lift her and set her down again without protest. Now, she stared up at him from the couch, the confused furrow of her brow clouding her eyes. You and I. They way he said it meant so much more than just two people who were in some way incompatible. She had mistakenly thought that they’d shared a mutual interest in one another. We can’t. Her chest tightened beneath the weight of his words. She was reminded as to what was really happening. She was a vampire, and he was a vampire hunter. It will end bad.

Apparently, whatever game they had been playing was over.

“I get it.” She pulled her knees up to her chest, and turned her head so her gaze fell away from him. She did get it, but that didn’t make it hurt any less. “Be careful getting home,” she said, as if dismissing him and anything else he could say to hurt her feelings.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 06-25-2017

It was very easy to tell that he had wounded her. Owen didn’t believe at that moment that he could see an alternative future for them. One where, what, they were one of those happy, cute little couples? He’d cuddle her in the morning with a stake under his pillow and she’d drain his blood over dinner. So wholesome.

The literal only reason they knew each other was because she was stealing blood, had assaulted a citizen, presumed to put her number in his phone, and then rescued him from her brother’s psychotic pet. Sweet answer to those ‘so how did you two love birds meet’ questions.

But still, even so, Owen didn’t like that he had hurt her. His heart throbbed in his chest and the excitement that had aroused him quickly faded until his erection was no longer visible. Owen touched one of the knees she had brought up as if to hide behind. “Thank you, Julianna. For helping me tonight. I’ll - uh - see you around, okay?”

He left Julianna a small ball on the couch and let himself out of her apartment. Owen crossed the parking lot before he realized he was being followed. He glanced over his shoulder but didn’t find anyone there. When he turned back again a familiar face greeted him.

“Where are you going lover boy?” Eden taunted him. She was close. Too close. In his face and she was walking her fingers along his chest. “Aren’t you her human? So what, you aren’t going to stay the night after she rescued you? Trouble in paradise?”

“Fuck-” he tried to speak but her hand closed over his throat.

“If you’re not her human then I am free to do what I want with you.” Her fingers tightened and he felt the pressure in his head. “So what is it? Are you or aren’t you?” Another good squeeze and then she let go.

He doubled over gripping his throat and coughed. “Yes -” he held his hand palm out indicating that she should desist. “Yes. I’m her human. Fucking hell.

“Then go be her human then.” She laughed taunting him while shoving him back towards the apartment. Little shoves that sent him a couple of steps back at a time.

“Fine. Fine. I’m going.” He pushed at her hands and retraced his steps all the way back to Julianna’s front door. He knocked and waited for her to take him back inside. When she opened the door, he buried his hands into his pockets and scuffed his shoe against the cute welcome mat beneath his feet. “So funny story.” One hand left his pocket to scratch the back of his neck. “Eden is stalking me. She’s not going to let me go home because, you know, I belong to you.” Owen said that last bit louder in case Eden was somewhere nearby eavesdropping. “Do you mind if I stay the night?”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 06-25-2017

She’d stopped responding to him after her last utterance of understanding. He was thanking her and touching her, but she didn’t look at him. As childish as her behavior had suddenly seemed to become, the fact of the matter was that he had hurt her feelings. If he wanted to leave, he could leave, she didn’t protest his desire to walk out on her. How could she blame him. There was a gulf a mile wide between them that she had tried to cross all on her own.

When he left, she remained on the couch, in that strange and statuesque posture. The most pouting of marble statues, knees high and arms around her chest. Staring blankly at the succulent lined shelves on the wall across from her. She could have very well remained in the position all night, but there was a curious knock on her door.

She pulled the barrier open, unsurprised to see Owen because she could smell him on the other side of it. Her face brightened nonetheless. She smiled, and stepped out of the way to allow him back inside, thinking he’d come having changed his mind about her. Or them. Or whatever.

“Oh.” Her expression fell again, shoulders slumping as he explained he’d only returned because he’d run into Eden. “Of course you can,” she replied, following his cues, because the other vampire really could be lurking around somewhere. Julianna made a mental not to talk to Elliot about his wayward pet. She closed the door behind him, locking it out of habit, not because it would keep a nosy vampire out.

“Sorry,” she said to him softly with a light shrug of her shoulders. “I thought she would leave it alone after that. I never meant for you to get stuck here.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 06-25-2017

That fall in her face and shoulders was echoed in the pit of his stomach. Owen didn’t know why, but he liked seeing her looking cheerful. He wanted to make her happy. He wanted to like do things for her to make her look at him like she had been when she opened that door.

What the fuck was happening.

And he kept saying all the wrong things apparently.

“It’s fine.” He reassured her. “She’s just mad. I’m sure she’ll find someone else to pester soon enough. I don’t want to get you into anymore conflicts. I can handle myself after this.” He chuckled but there was no heart in it. It was suddenly exquisitely awkward to be in her presence after they had kissed like that and he had rejected her advances.

She looked like a sad puppy. He had made her that sad puppy.

“Listen, uh, Julianna…” he wanted to say something to fix the damage he had done. How could he plug up the hole in this boat taking on water. “I can just sleep on your couch. Sunrise is in a few hours, she’ll be gone by then. You won’t even notice I’m here.” He reached out and squeezed her shoulder in a way that was supposed to be consoling. He kept wanting to touch her. Her knee and now her shoulder.

Welp, other words came out instead of the apology and explanation he wanted to give her. More words that continued to be not quite right.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 06-26-2017

She gazed up at him, looking perfectly pathetic, when he said her name. She listened eagerly, expecting that apology or the explanation that never came. Julianna shrugged out of the hand on her shoulder. She turned away from him and meandered away from the door and back into her apartment. Her back was to him and she nodded to indicate that she was hearing him.

“You don’t have to sleep on the couch.” She pulled the tank top over her head as she walked. She left it on the floor because she was pouting. “You can have the bed if you want. It’s my fault you’re in this mess.” Julianna sighed heavily, pushing open the door to the bedroom. “Eden’s problem is with me. I don’t...exactly know what that problem is, but...uh…” she trailed off and waved her hand, she pulled open a dresser drawer and began to rifle through it it. She pulled an over-sized shirt out of the pile and draped it over her head.

“Anyways, whatever. I should have just left you alone.” She fumbled under the shirt to take off her bra and then she removed her leggings. Once again, on the floor. She was talking to cover the awkwardness of his rejection, but she knew she was only making it worse. She slammed the drawer closed and it rattled the vanity mirror. There was a tightness in her shoulders.

“You can have the bed,” she repeated. “And then we can just leave each other alone.” She skirted past him and out into the hall.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 06-26-2017

His hand hovered in the air where she had pushed it away with her shoulder. It closed into a fist and fell down to his side. He followed her through the apartment. A stretch of her arms overhead and her tank top came off and he was left staring at the bra strap that came together in the middle of her back.

“I...it’s…” He tried to say between her words, but he wasn’t sure what he could say. It’s fine, I will sleep on the couch? Clearly that was bothering her.

Owen was leaned up against the doorjamb to her bedroom watching her fiddle around under the big shirt she’d put on. Finally her bra was pulled out from underneath and abandoned along with her leggings. He was left staring down at the little vampire standing there, bare legs, looking incredibly vulnerable with the shirt gathering around the natural slope of her breasts.

He blinked, almost flinched, when she slammed the drawer. She moved quickly around him careful and deliberate so as to not touch him. But he grabbed her around the upper arm and whirled her around.

Hey!” He said aggressively dragging her back towards him. He did it because he was afraid he was losing her. But that was weird, because he never had her. “That’s not what I want. Yeah, it would have made my life easier if vampires could just leave me alone. But you -” he dropped his hands helplessly at his sides. “I don’t know what to think. But - I don’t think I want you to leave me alone. Okay?”

He knew that on their face his words weren’t making a lot of sense or conveying a lot of specific meaning but he hoped to convey at least that he didn’t not want her.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 06-27-2017

He couldn’t have stopped her if she hadn’t let him. She could have dragged him across the entire apartment with that grip on her arm, if she’d really felt like it. Instead, she stopped, and allowed him to pull her back to where she had tried to leave him in the doorway. She didn’t look at him as he spoke. She felt like there was something more to what he said. That his life would be easier if vampires would just leave him alone.

Julianna looked up at him when he was asking for confirmation of her understanding of what he said. She didn’t understand, not at all. But she nodded as she gazed up at him sadly and muttered a quiet, “okay.”

She didn’t have any idea what was going to happen with them. Didn’t know how long he would keep seeing her. He was here now, though, and she was content to take that for all she could.

“I don’t want to leave you alone, either,” she said, gently pulling her arm away from him. Her entire demeanor had changed, despite the lack of clarity in his explanation. Cheerfulness suited her better. She took his hand in hers and used it to turn him around and pull him back into the bedroom after her. “Can we just share the bed?” she asked, cutely, even though she was already leading him towards it.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 06-28-2017

It was strange the feeling of guilt that came over him when her countenance changed. So easily, too easily, he felt it had been to change her perception of him. Suddenly, he realized her feelings for him were a great responsibility. Not that he wasn’t up for it, but he didn’t want to hurt her and so he needed to be careful.

“I would like that.” He agreed to the sleeping arrangement as she pulled him back towards the bedroom.

He stopped short and took his hand away when they reached the foot of the bed. Eyes were downturned in thought as he shrugged off his jacket and unbuttoned his pants. She was still standing near so he felt self-conscious about the scars on his wrist. Iconic vampire bites. A set of four holes on the underside of his wrist. Raised and light with age. He peeled off his shirt revealing uglier scars on his stomach - where a particularly sadistic vampire drank straight from his abdominal aorta. Those were also very old.

Owen didn’t say anything, he moved around her as if he hadn’t shown anything and crawled into bed and under the blankets and sheets. “You have a nice place.” The compliment was bland and an avoidance of any further uncomfortable topics. “I live by the D line where it comes up from underground and it starts running at 3 A.M. so you can imagine how pleasant that is.”

Once the words started coming, they kept flowing. “You know the other night when you compelled me to sleep Yeah so. I slept the whole night through. It was -” he rolled his eyes looking euphoric at the memory, “-like the best sleep I’ve had in awhile.”

Owen wasn’t sure he wanted her to know that, but he supposed he was feeling a bit chatty. A nervous kind of chatty.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 06-30-2017

He let go of her hand, and she continued forward. She jumped on the bed and crawled towards the middle. Julianna pulled off too many decorative pillows and let them fall to the floor, before pulling back the dark comforter and satin sheets. Settling, she sat in a nest of sheets and pillows and turned to watch him, pleased and eager like a puppy.

The cheerfulness of her features faded into neutrality as he removed more clothing. Her eyes tracked across his skin, she could see the scars that she assumed were the cause for the slight shift in his demeanor. Though nothing about him changed outwardly, she could sense the rise and fall in blood pressure, his breathing. It was obviously no trouble for her to make out the markings in the dim lighting, even easier for her to identify what was the cause.

Julianna moved to make room for him when he joined her in the bed. She waited for him to settle before she scooted up close to him and wiggled her way under his arm and cuddled against his chest. Her hand skirted across his abdomen until it fingers draped across his ribs. He smelled good. She sighed, content, and hummed in response to his compliment.

“It’s been a long day,” she mused, fingers dancing lightly across his rib cage. She nuzzled her face closer, settling her chin into the curve of his neck and shoulder. Her hand left his side to lift higher until she cupped his face. Her thumb grazed over the stubble across his jaw. “I could do it again, if you want. A good night’s sleep does wonders.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-11-2017

A vampire was cuddled up against him. Like very close to him. This was weird. But it was surprisingly nice.

Her fingers were cool on his stomach and his muscles twitched involuntarily when the digits brushed over his ribs. It tickled. He nestled down into the bed in a kind of squirming motion in an attempt hide the reaction from her. The sheets were much softer than his and the material made them also feel sort of cool to the skin at least it would until his body warmed them.

Trying to seem casual, though he felt a bit nervous, he draped the one arm around her back as she settled closer to him. The other he kept down at his side on top of the covers.

The only noise after she offered to compel him again was the sound of his swallow while he considered it. He certainly felt exhausted. Her blood had healed him thoroughly and he was in the twilight of the high from it feeling more relaxed than anything. He didn’t know if he needed to be compelled to sleep well in these conditions. Comfortable bed. Quiet. In a room where the streetlamps didn’t shine through his shoddy blinds.

But he kind of wanted her to.

“I guess? Yeah. That might be nice.” He reached up and took her hand away from his face to lay it on his chest. “Just one more time wouldn’t hurt.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 07-13-2017

His squirming didn’t hide the way his skin twitched beneath her fingers. Her touch had been experimental, and she hid a grin against his chest, pleased at the reaction. They way some humans were ticklish amused her.

Julianna simply enjoyed the feeling of being close to him while he mulled over her proposal. His arm was a comforting weight at her back and his skin was warm against her face. She liked that contrast, that he would always feel warm to the touch while she would always feel cool. Usually it unnerved most mortals, and though there was a slight tinge of nervousness to the hunter, he was doing well to remain calm. .

He moved her hand to rest against his chest, but it didn’t stay there for long. When he agreed to her compelling him to sleep, she lifted her head and propped herself on one elbow, so she could look down at him. The hand that he had previously removed, returned to the side of his face and she cupped her palm against his cheek. A gentle push insisted that he turn and look up at her.

Her thumb brushed beneath his eye and she leaned in and stole a kiss. Just a soft and quick press of her lips against his. “Get some sleep, Owen,” she whispered, when she pulled away to look at him again. Her eyes had gone dark and hypnotizing with the nature of her command. In an instant his body relaxed against hers, head heavier against the pillow. The tiny vampire nestled back down under the covers and back into her cuddly position beneath his arm.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-17-2017

Though he agreed to let her compel him to sleep, he kept his eyes willfully off of hers until the pressure from her hand encouraged him to meet her gaze. It wasn’t that he regretted agreeing to it so much as he didn’t want to seem overeager to give himself over to her influence again. Even though somewhere deep down he kind of was.

He remembered those moments of feeling completely unburdened. The paradox of his will being stolen from him but still being freed by it. Owen didn’t have time for much more complicated thoughts on the matter. The train of philosophical musings was interrupted by the brush of her lips across his. His eyes fell closed briefly during that contact before opening again in time for her to compel him.

Obedient to her command, he wiggled down further into the bed, cocooning himself in soft sheets. He tucked one hand underneath the pillow as he liked to do and tightened the one around the vampire next to him. Eyes fell closed and he drifted easily into sleep.

His pre-existing sleep deprivation and the excitement of the evening kept Owen sleeping long into the morning. He dreamed of a trip to the pet store. On the other side of glass was a pretty woman with tanned skin and red eyes. His friends nudged him and teased that she would be his. He shook his head but found himself being taken from his cage and given to her. He pretended to be sullen while she adorned him with a collar and chose a name for him. She rubbed her cheek on the top of his head and praised him calling him ‘hers’. His tail wagged with enthusiasm.

The dream faded away leaving a waking Owen with a conflicted feeling. He opened his eyes to the morning light and rubbed his hand over his face. “Man that was weird.” He mumbled unthinkingly to himself as he rubbed sleep from his eyes. Overall he felt rested but he had that sort of post dream fogginess hanging over him.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 07-20-2017

Julianna had left the room shortly before the sun had risen. She pulled back the curtains and opened the blinds a bit, so Owen wouldn’t wake in complete darkness. She didn’t want him to wake with the reminder that he’d shared a bed with a potentially deadly vampire. Especially, given his tendency to waffle back and forth on whether he even wanted to associate with her.

She had listened to him sleep for hours. The beating of his heart, the rhythm of his breathing. His skin warm. Now, she played around on her phone in the darkened living room, listening for the sounds of him rousing.

“What was weird?” she chimed, suddenly in the doorway, but not crossing the threshold into the room. Sunlight filtered through the blinds, and Julianna had lost her means to be unharmed by it a long time ago. Her eyes reflected a soft redness, sort of like a cat's eyes, where she was still shrouded in the darkness of the hall. “Did you sleep well?”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 07-22-2017

Owen was somewhat surprised to find himself alone in the bed. He would have bet on her staying there with him given her apparent infatuation with him. Maybe he was even a bit disappointed though it was nice to wake with rays of sun warming his face. That he wouldn’t have had if she was lying next to him.

The plusses and minuses of being with a vampire. Hypothetically, of course.

He pushed himself up on his elbow to look at her standing almost eagerly in the doorway. “This dream I had.” The explanation was vague. He sat the rest of the way up and stretched sending the bedsheets and blankets sliding down him and pooling at his lap. Owen threw them aside and scooted to the edge of the bed.

Barefoot, he padded to the doorway. There was something poetic in the scene. He in the light on one side of the threshold. She in the darkness on the other side. He stepped out of the sunlight.

“I dreamed I was a dog. And you adopted me.” His breathy half-chuckle was bashful and his head dipped to stare down at their feet. “My tail was wagging though. So I’m left to assume I didn’t mind.” His gaze returned to hers and then he shrugged. “I guess it was the whole Eden barking at me.” His hand made circles in the air as he tried to explain away the obvious symbolism in the dream. “Got down into my subconscious.”

He put his hand on her waist to move her aside as he moved past her. “Do you, by chance, have any coffee?” He cringed after asking not sure if it was insensitive. “I get the worst caffeine headaches if I don’t have any.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 07-22-2017

It was the first time she had seen him bathed in sunlight. It suited him. His hair reflected the light in streaks of golden blonde and platinum. Clear grey eyes sparkled in such a way to reveal flecks of blue near the iris. A pinkish tint to his skin. What she would have given to be able to cross the room and join him back in the bed.

Julianna stood straighter when he began to walk towards her. Despite describing a dream in which he was the pet, her mannerisms made it seem like she were the loyal companion. “That’s kind of cute,” she said with a giggle, easily skirting to the side at that gentle touch. “I bet you were one of those small dogs.” The vampire lifted her hands and held them about a foot apart. “Like a fluffy Pomeranian with a curly tail.” She giggled again, letting her hands fall back to her sides.

She wanted to touch him. A hug or a kiss good morning, but she didn’t know if the closeness they had shared last night had been more of a one time deal, given the circumstances. A hand on her waist was not quite what she was going for, but she moved easily out of the way. She lifted a hand to tap her chin thoughtfully as she hummed. “I might,” she admitted. The digit slipped from her face to point down the hall.

“The bathroom is the second door. I’ll check for that coffee.” She rounded on her heel and began to move in the opposite direction towards the kitchen. “Sometimes I have things and sometimes I don’t,” she explained, volume rising as she walked away. “I rarely have enough blood to have real food, personally.”