alonimi
Hunt/ed [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Hunt/ed [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=731)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-05-2017

[Image: gXf9MYC.png]
because every otp needs a vamp!AU
megs & saronym

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-05-2017

The sun was setting on a quaint town lining the eastern seaboard when Julianna awoke. It wasn’t as though she had actually been sleeping. Just imitating sleep, as she waited for the sun to fall so she could walk freely among the night.

She opened her eyes first. Staring up at the ceiling she could make out the revolutions of the fan, perfectly, in the blackout darkness of the foil and curtain that decorated the windows. She inhaled deeply before she sighed, not because she needed to breathe, but because she wanted to make the noise. The resolute sound of outward breath that signaled something close to disappointment.

She was hungry. Unlacing her fingers from where the were poised on her abdomen, she pushed herself up on her elbows. She was always hungry, but usually she could ignore it. Her stomach felt coiled like it was trying to eat itself, and her fangs rubbed and irritated against lips that were chapped and dry from not feeding; her whole body ached for blood.

The fridge was empty, she knew. Having gone through her pilfered supply of blood bags a few days earlier. She knew she would have to get more if she wanted to survive, or at least be functional, and at most if she wanted other people to survive.

Julianna fumbled around for her phone. Unlocking it, she did a quick Google search for nearby blood banks. Not because she needed directions, but because she needed a reminder of which one she'd hit last. A month had passed since she'd restocked, but they might still be one the alert. She dropped her phone onto her chest and hummed. It was possible she'd had to go one town over, but she didn't really feel up to making the journey. Climbing out of bed, she decided to stay close to her apartment, and promised herself she'd be extra careful.

It was well into the night, sometime after 2 AM by the time Julianna finally came upon the dimly lit building of the blood and plasma donation center. Dressed in a black hoodie, Lycra yoga pants and tennis shoes, she resembled an insomniac jogger. It was Wednesday, so the week’s supply hadn't been sorted and shipped off to the various hospitals in the area.

In the covers of shadow, she kept the hood of her sweater pulled up and she located the fuse box that connected to the CCTV security. Julianna couldn't believe that they hadn't upped the security since her last visit as she easily pried off the locked metal box covering the various switches and wires. She gently lowered the scrap to the ground and scrutinized the mess of electricity inside. Her face screwed up in confusion, it wasn't as if she knew anymore about wiring than she did the last time, so she went with the tried and true method of tearing everything out.

With the security managed and only a few singed fingers, Jules rounded the side of the building a forced the employee entrance door open with a vicious tug that snapped the lock. She listened carefully for the sound of any passerby, before slipping inside.

She was much more familiar with the interior than the fuse box and it didn't take her long to locate a room for over over-sized refrigerators keeping delicious bags of blood at the perfect sipping temperature. She opened doors and rifles through pack back of red, viscous liquid until she found what she wanted. AB+. Her favorite.

She popped the cap off the port and sucked the bag dry like a vampire juice box. Two hands squeezed at the plastic and forced the blood into her mouth, throat working to swallow it down. Another sigh, this time of satisfaction. It was a feeling of instant relief. She dropped the empty container, wiped blood for her chin with the back of her hand. She took another one. It was a feeling of instant euphoria. Her heart beat fast, her skin was warmer, all of her senses ignited. She could feel everything.

Julianna worked her way through three more bags, before filling the backpack she’d brought with a healthy assortment of different blood types. Just because she had a favorite, didn’t mean she wanted to get her fill on it. Before taking off into the night with her haul, Julianna located a pad of sticky notes and a Sharpie. She wrote sorry, in big neat letters and a frowning face, and stuck it to one of the fridges.

With enough blood to last her for a few weeks, she headed home to stash her loot before she decided what she would do with the rest of her night.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-05-2017

He wasn’t committed to the extermination of vampires out of service to God or society. It was partly for vengeance. And perhaps, in part, due to a death wish. It wasn’t that he was prejudiced, necessarily. He learned a hatred for the species having lost his family to a couple of vampires as a young boy.

He never felt any remorse for killing a vampire. But it had never given him a sense of relief, a sense of fullness, or a sense of purpose. It was just something to occupy his time with while he remained living. It didn’t occur to him that perhaps he was similar to vampires who hunted out of boredom.

More recently, he’d taken an inordinate interest in one particular vampire. He had never tracked one so thoroughly and with such vigor. This one was certainly careful but that wasn’t what attracted him to the target. It was the evidence she chose to leave behind.

Little sticky notes with “SORRY” written on them and a frownie face or heart or some other quick doodle. Different colored pens. Various shaped stickies. Always sorry. Always at blood banks. He pegged her as a ‘she’ after he found a note that read “a girl’s gotta eat : (“

Sorry. Sorry. Sorry.

He’d tracked the sorry vampire up and down the eastern seaboard. She had hit many locations and was careful to wait a good period of time between hits. She rarely repeated a location and she often traveled between hits. Seemingly random. Like an over-involved investigator in some crime drama, he’d created a wall map and marked her movements with push pens and thick lines drawn in sharpie. He even collected several sorry notes and stuck them all around the map, as well. He noticed a sort of orbiting pattern to her movements. She seemed to be methodically traveling around and back to this one certain town.

It gave him reason to believe she kept a permanent home. Which was sort of strange for a vampire. Was she trying to assimilate?

It seemed it was his night to find out as he’d been lucky enough to spy what seemed to be a female vampire ripping the fuse box cover off the back wall of the blood bank he was staking out.

How serendipitous.

He held back waiting patiently in the parking lot across the street until he saw her duck out of the blood bank doors no doubt loaded up with blood bags. He tried to keep out of sight as he made his way to the blood bank, curious if he would find a sorry - yep there it was stuck to the freezer.

“S O R R Y : (“

Was that metallic pink gel pen?

He snatched the note and left the building at a run in the direction that she’d started walking. As he ran he fiddled with his home-made stake launcher tucked away in the sleeve of his leather jacket.

“Hey! Miss sorry vampire!” He taunted, having caught up with her on a dark side walk.

“I can’t let you just get away with stealing blood products that are intended for saving human lives.”

This lame and vague threat was said with more confidence deserved of a two-bit vampire hunting vigilante.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-07-2017

She froze and stopped walking he appeared next to her. Which was the opposite of something she should have done when he had also deliberately referred to her as a vampire. Julianna should have been running away. Very quickly. Like, vampire quickly. It wouldn’t have been hard to lose some human. She knew he was human because she could smell it on him, blood beneath his skin and sweat on it. And because he immediately accused her of stealing something that would benefit humans. She swallowed hard, keeping her hood up and her gaze away from him. Red eyes stationed on the ground, as if she could trick him into thinking she wasn’t what she was.

Or she could literally use her compulsion to make him leave her alone, but she didn’t like doing that do people.

One hand curled tighter around the pack on her shoulders and the other lifted to push her hood back, dark hair spilling out of it. She swallowed hard, still mimicking human mannerisms after all this time. Julianna didn’t mean to look so worried and apologetic when she took a step back and looked up at the stranger. “Yeah, I get that, but uhm, I don’t want to hurt anyone? So, isn’t this better? I didn't take that much.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-08-2017

Owen’s hand slowly lowered.

There was something so - human - about her.

She had a scared and guilty look in her crimson eyes and on her face. He couldn’t remember the last time, or if he had ever, seen a frightened looking vampire. He hadn’t expected her to be so attractive either. Such a pretty face. Too bad she was dead.

His hand crept slightly higher again, he still had the stake launcher in his sleeve and kinda sorta still intended to use it. Maybe. He was suddenly very confused.

He would settle for a debate.

“No, it’s not. That blood is set to be distributed to hospitals in the region to be given to patients. Victims of car accidents, gunshots, vampires. So not only are you not making it any better, you’re making the problem worse.”

He took another step towards her, “Give me one reason why I shouldn’t incapacitate you and contact the authorities? Stealing from blood banks is illegal.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-09-2017

Julianna shifted awkwardly on her feet as the man chose to contradict her. She hadn't been prepared for a discussion on the matter. Her face screwed up in obvious distress; wrinkled nose and frowning mouth. He towered over her. He was handsome but she didn't like the way he was glaring at her. She looked up at him helplessly, twisting her fingers together against her stomach.

She could feel silver on his person as if it were emanating heat; could hear him fiddling with something in his sleeve. “What am I supposed to do then?” Her brow furrowed in question. “I don't want to hurt people, but I want to survive. I didn't ask for this, to be like this.” She had intended to stop talking after asking for suggestions, but she found herself suddenly impassioned.

“No one bothers the wolves until they attack a child. Otherwise they're free to eat their fill on small game.” Julianna very suddenly looked like she might cry, red eyes turned redder with bloody tears. She flinched when he took a step towards her.

“I don't take that much.” It sounded like she was pleading with him. Which was foolish because she could have just charmed him and left. Or even just left. There was literally nothing he could have done if she'd taken off at supernatural speed. “I don't take that often and I go to three different cities so I don't cause a shortage. I go weeks without eating.” She threw up her hands and dropped them down, out of things to say and looking up at him almost as if seeking his approval.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-13-2017

Owen had never encountered a vampire that behaved the way she did. Even her posture was incomprehensible to him. She held herself before him as if she were apologizing for existing. She left herself completely defenseless against a would be attacker.

Surely she could tell he was a hunter?

Surely she knew he was armed and could be potentially dangerous?

“I know where you go and I know how often you go.” He countered which revealed too much about how long he had been tracking and investigating her.

“You can’t -”his irritation with her made him forget his offensive position as his hand traveled upwards to rake at his hair. A sigh of exasperation blew out from his nose. In a theoretical space in his mind he was appreciating the dilemma this vampire woman found herself in. Blood, for her, was just as essential as someone bleeding out on the table when it came to survival.

What was it about her that drew sympathy from him?

But still -

“Can’t you find someone to feed from voluntarily? These blood products were donated with the intention of saving human lives, not vampires.” He was still having a difficult time finding equality between human and vampire life. Maybe he could get there someday.

“What about game? You could hunt in the woods.”

Here these two were hashing out major administrative issues with vampire and human relations in their own little microcosm on a random sidewalk at night. Issues that government agencies and activist groups hadn’t yet even figured out. But if anyone could figure it out surely it would be a vampire with a moral code and a hunter with a near rabid anti-vampire prejudice.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-15-2017

She looked visibly surprised when he expressed being familiar with her whereabouts. Brows lifted towards her hairline. So, not only was he a hunter, he was the hunter. The one that had been following her up and down the coast.

Julianna noted that he seemed...annoyed with her for some reason. It didn’t make sense to her. She thought he would be a lot of things: angry, aggressive, stake first ask questions later...y. Yet, here he was sighing at her and ruffling his cute haircut.

The vampire frowned when he mentioned finding volunteers as he called them. She looked up at him, red eyes through black lashes and looked positively disgusted with his suggestion. “They’re fetishist,” she corrected. “They got off on the idea like my survival is some episode of the vampire diaries. I don’t want to play into that anymore than you’d be willing to stick your dick in jello for a steak dinner.” Her frowned turned into a childish pout, a strange dissonance for someone who’d just vocalized sticking genitals in dessert. Indignant, she kicked at rock on the sidewalk and watched it skitter away.

She snorted a derisive laugh when he suggested hunting. “And why don’t you just put your dog on a vegan diet.” Julianna huffed and shrugged her shoulders. With the motion, the backpack fell off her shoulders and she swung it around until the strap landed in her hand and she thrust it out to him. She didn’t want to argue with him, suddenly aware that this whole conversation could have been a trap. Every moment spent with him was a trap. As far as she knew he was just trying to pump her for information.

“If you want it, take it,” she said, still holding the bag out to him.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-16-2017

Owen was sympathetic to the argument about the fetishist vampire feeder types. Oddly enough hunters attracted their own kind of..fans? Weirdos? He liked to call them leeches because they could really latch on.

He almost laughed when she made the joke about sticking his cock in a gelatinous dessert. A sound kind of like a chortle erupted from him. He quickly tried to turn it into a scoff and tried wiping at his nose to cover it all up. Immature.

The action of bending his arm to touch his face clicked a mechanism into place in his sleeve. He failed to notice over the sound of her own snorting and counter-arguments.

“Okay, okay, I get it. It’s not easy for you being a sorry ass vampire.” He threw his hands up and the intent was to let them slap down against his thighs in exasperation. The earlier action had released something and now the sudden thrust of his hands set off the stake launcher in his sleeve. A sculpted wooden stake launched with a ‘scha-thump’ kind of sound straight into the air. Owen stared at his arm in surprise and shock.

For some strange reason the thought of that stake raining down on them sprung him into action. He stepped forward and smashed the vampire woman against the wall. The backpack of blood products was trapped between their bodies. A moment later, gravity pulled the stake back to the sidewalk with a clattering rapport that echoed off the buildings around them.

Owen the Hunter still had Julianna the Vampire pinned protectively to a brick wall. Why had he even reacted that way? It wasn't like a stake shot straight into the air could come down and go straight into her heart. And even if somehow physics could work that out, why should he care?

His chin was tilted upwards and he was staring at the night sky in something like mortal embarrassment. He’d just launched a stake straight up into the air while vampire was trying to surrender a backpack full of stolen blood to him. For the moment, he'd forgotten to move.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-18-2017

“Why do I have to be sorry?” Julianna demanded, immediately offended by his words. She didn’t hunt humans, so she was sorry? But if she did he probably would have killed her on the spot. What the fuck was his problem? What did he want from her? “I’m just trying to keep from-”

Her words were cut off as she was abruptly pushed backwards and against a wall. The backpack between them kept their bodies from being pressed together but she could still feel the heat that radiated from him. She could smell him. Soap, sweat, and flesh and underneath that blood. He smelled better than any human she had ever encountered. For a moment, the only sound in her ears was his heartbeat, and she knew right away that she had not eaten enough before she’d decided to bail. Her eyes widened, pupils dilating as her sights honed in on the vein that pumped against the side of his neck. She rolled her lips inward and the sharp press of her own fangs in her skin was enough to bring her back to her senses.

“I need you to step away from me.” She didn’t explain herself, but her tone brooked no room for argument. She swallowed hard, eyes finally rolling away from his throat and upwards towards his face. “Slowly,” she advised. His heart was a constant rhythm in her head, and she didn’t know why she was so tempted by him, she just knew she needed to get away from him.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-19-2017

Owen brought his eyes down from the night sky to the face of the woman he’d pinned to the wall. She was telling him to back away and there was a serious threat in her voice. But also in her eyes. Crimson orbs had expanded with temptation she felt being close to him. He knew from experience.

She was strangely beautiful though. The pale moon reflected in the bottom of her eyes and lit up her face. And there was something wild and base in the look she gave him. He was sort of curious what she could be like unrestrained given that not moments ago she had been nearly crying at him in guilt over stealing and at the end of her wits for how to survive as a vampire without causing harm.

In contrast to hers, his own eyes narrowed with suspicion. “You’re not in control.” He was stating the obvious but it was an accusation, as well.

He remained there for several more daring heartbeats before he pushed away from the wall and her. He didn’t heed her warning to be ‘slow’ about it. Which he took as careful. He shoved away from her gruffly. “You can’t control yourself.” He repeated. He was practically gloating.

Owen backed away from her, he gazed over his shoulder to locate the stake on the sidewalk and kept walking backwards until he was next to it. Bending slowly, Owen’s fingers closed over the stake and he rose again, holding it the way the weapon was meant to be held.

“Admit it.” He dared. “You wanted to hurt me. It’s your nature. And no amount of stolen blood could ever change that. You're barely hanging on. You're going to fuck up. It's only a matter of time.” His words were unnecessarily cruel but that didn't make them untrue.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-19-2017

Julianna wanted to contradict him, but she couldn’t. He wasn’t entirely wrong. At that moment, she felt like she wasn’t in control. She had never felt the urge to feed from a human so strongly as she did right then, pushed up against a wall and smothered by a man who smelled irresistible. That deadly and primal urge she had resisted for so long, bubbled to the surface all at once and suddenly she missed the feeling of sinking her fangs into a vein and tasting fresh blood as it poured over her tongue.

He didn’t move right away, and she thought it was because he was taking her advice to move slowly, but he was testing her. Daring her to do something so he could take her out. He shoved away from her, jostling her slightly as he did so and the bag of blood she was no longer holding fell to the ground with a dull thud. With the warmth and the smell of him at a safe distance, she could think past the insatiable blood lust that had taken over her. The victory in his tone stung to the core.

He’d gotten what he’d wanted, despite her protests: confirmation that she was just like every other vampire. He was on the defensive again, and her behavior had justified that. “I didn’t want to hurt you,” she emphasized, as if there was really a clear difference. “I just wanted to feed from you, it doesn’t have to hurt.” Julianna didn't know why she sounded like she was trying to convince him. She remained pressed against the wall, a huge target if he decided to actually use that stake against her.

“I am in control,” she finally insisted, pushing a hand through her hair. “I didn’t hurt you, did I?” She sounded annoyed with him now. It was his unnecessarily harsh gloating. So, clearly I have some restraint.” She angrily pushed at the bag on the ground with her foot, it toppled forward and towards him.

“If you don’t want me to have this so bad than take it. I just want to go home.”

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-26-2017

What did she mean by it didn’t have to hurt? Was that a proposition? And if so, why was he so very curious about that. He should absolutely NOT be curious about that.

He looked down at the bag. Then at her. Then at the bag. “I can’t return it anyway. It has to stay chilled.”

He was having a really strange night.

“Take it.” He insisted his voice acidic with judgment. “I’ll let you do it. But if I ever catch you hurting someone, and you will it’s a matter of time, I will be the one to take you out for it.” Strong words for a hunter who couldn’t even bring himself to confiscate stolen blood products from a pretty vampire with a kind of sweet disposition.

Owen had taken to tucking the stake back where it belonged in the contraption that encircled his arm under his jacket sleeve.

“So have a good night or whatever.” He muttered as he fiddled with his sleeve. He was beginning to wonder if she’d charmed him in someway. Used some of that vampire power on him. But, nah, he recognized the look they got before they did it. She hadn’t done anything. He was just being an idiot all on his own.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - megs - 05-26-2017

Julianna’s shoulders slumped as he acquiesced to her needs with venom in his tone. She kept her eyes on him and leaned forward to retrieve the bag. The stake in his hand reminded her that she shouldn’t trust him. She was wary of him now. She slung the pack back over her shoulders while he continued to condemn her.

She didn’t bother to explain to him that it had been nearly fifty years since she had ‘hurt someone.’ His words sounded like a promise. He’d been watching her this long she wouldn’t be surprised if he continued to do so. It would be easy for him, she wasn’t going anywhere and he seemed to have her pegged. He was just going to wait for her to fuck up.

“Have a good night,” she returned, her tone more pleasant, her farewell more genuine. She tilted her head until he caught his gaze, locking eyes with him. The whites around red eyes seemed to darken and her pupils widened; there was something entrancing about it. “Go home and get some sleep,” she compelled. Shifting the back on her shoulders, she turned away from him and started off down the sidewalk, leaving him with the suggestion of her vampire charm.

RE: Hunt/ed [Closed] - saronym - 05-26-2017

His hand was out, palm first like a crossing guard trying to stop traffic. “I know what you -” he was captivated by her before he could look away or do anything to protect himself.

Owen’s face relaxed from the aggressive expression that had settled on him for their entire encounter. It changed to something more neutral-pleasant. Dreamy almost. Her suggestion caused him to yawn and he scratched the back of his neck lazily.

“Yeah, I really need some rest.” He agreed. “Good night.” He chimed in a rather personable tone of voice at her. He turned and did just what she told him. Normally he was a fitful sleeper; but that night Owen slept soundly. Was it her compelling him to sleep? Unintended side effects?

Once his body was fully rested, Owen’s eyes popped open suddenly. He was confronted with the ceiling and the knowledge that the vampire had compelled him. “Are you fucking kidding me!” He cursed the ceiling and kicked at the sheets. He was all wrapped up like a cocoon and struggled for a moment in a blind rage to free himself from the bedding.

He could see her in his mind in those scarce few seconds. All the white had left her eyes. A flooding of calm and tranquility had filled him as her eyes bled darker. There was nothing in those moments, nothing but the will of the one who compelled.

Free of his sheets, his feet dropped to the floor and he stomped to the bathroom. There was no audience for his pounding feet. That made him angrier. He wanted someone to hear him willfully being angry. Exerting his will. Not hers. Or was it that he hadn’t minded being held by her that way? That he trusted her completely. Fully. Anything she wanted, he’d give. A kingdom. All the blood in his veins. All the riches of the world. The face of the moon. Anything.

Shut up. Shut up. Shut up.

He stepped into a still cold shower and yelped with the stinging sensation of it on his scalp. He reminded himself that feeling of willingness was part of being compelled.

Wasn’t it?

“How dare she!” He growled and banged his fist on the cold tile wall.

The water was slowly easing into warm. He closed his eyes at the feel of it. The flooding heat...just like...her eyes -

“Shit!”

He shut off the water even though shampoo suds still ran down the back of his neck and forehead. Snatching a towel, Owen scrubbed the soap from his hair. No shower today then. He put on a track suit with a hoodie flipped up over a dark ball cap and sunglasses to hide his face. Fine then. He’d run until he was too exhausted to care what had happened last night with that beautiful - oh god fucking dammit all to hell - vampire.