alonimi
The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Las Ballenas (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - skiesofpurple - 04-13-2017

Matt, despite his proximity to a mouth full of teeth that could easily snap him in half, crossed his arms and shifted over sullenly when the giant fucking dog took up most of the floorspace. If that whole yawning shit was supposed to intimidate him, it hadn't worked. Not when it was coming from the guy who had literally offered to let him sleep on top of him because he didn't want him driving home tired. Yeah. That probably hadn't been to intimidate him.

"Hey, pal, I know you live in the middle of the freaking desert, but you should seriously consider a toothbrush. That roadkill ain't doin' you any favors." Matt said idly as he watched Klyk stretch out his massive bulk before moving over to his robes.

Oh. That was a nicer view to wake up to.

Matt didn't bother pretending that he wasn't staring at all of the exposed skin. He also didn't bother to hide that he continued staring, even when most of said skin had been covered up by shapeless fabric. Klyk was saying something or another, but he didn't really feel like responding right away. Instead, he let his eyes wander over Klyk's chest, expression calm and collected, before dragging his eyes slowly up to his face. Only then the Matt let a smirk slowly spread across his features, eyes lighting up with mischief.

"If you're really sorry, I can think of several things that you could offer up besides water." Matt said casually, raising an eyebrow in Klyk's direction. His stance had shifted again, subtly less closed off now and more open. His arms were still crossed over his chest, but loosely, seemingly more for the comfort of having something to do with his hands rather than creating a defensive barrier. He still didn't know much about this guy, besides that he was a huge pain in the ass, but, fuck it. He was hot, Matt had eyes, and he wouldn't mind blowing off some steam before he had to return to the daily grind of the city.

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - SolitareLee - 04-13-2017

Klyk wasn't blind either. He just had more self-control than Matt, in general. He was aware of the other man staring at him. This sort of thing was exactly why he wore clothing. Admittedly, it was normally the various damsels in distress he rescued who did that thing where they made extremely obvious innuendo and tried to make themselves look ravishable. He didn't know what it was about him that made women think he was interested in that sort of behavior. Maybe it was the horns. Or the fact he'd indulged in it on multiple occasions, when it became clear they were going to be very hurt if he didn't. And a few other occasions when they hadn't been damsels.

He didn't know if Matt was going to be one of those. He might be upset, but he was always upset, so that didn't seem like it mattered terribly.

Well, when in doubt, Klyk had a built in defense-mechanism.

"Water is almost all I have," he said apologetically, leaning heavy on his accent. "I believe I have bag of chipped potatoes I was saving for special occasion? Or you are perhaps wanting ride back to town after all," he suggested cheerfully. "So that you can purchase the Burger King for us."

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - skiesofpurple - 04-13-2017

It was a little disappointing when the vague suggestion went right over Klyk's head. Matt hadn't been expecting anything, of course, and maybe that was for the best. Considering how long the rumors about the hellbeast cryptid had been floating around, Klyk wasn't fresh off the boat, but he also clearly hadn't been exposed to society for long enough to really pick up on a lot of the... subtle expressions.

Still, hadn't his accent been less thick a moment ago? ....Naw.

It probably wouldn't hurt to flirt a little bit more. It's not like he'd have anything to lose if he was found out and Klyk was pissed off about it or things suddenly turned super awkward. Matt hummed. "I was thinking a different kinda ride." He said with a grin, giving Klyk another slow, pointed once-over. There was no way to fucking mistranslate the eyes he was giving him, jesus christ.

The effect might have been a bit ruined, however, when he snorted. "Sorry, buddy," Matt said with something approaching a more friendly, rueful smile, "but giant hellhounds who hold people against their will don't get Burger King. You'll just have to think of some way to make it up to me first." And there was his flirty smile back again, right alongside a wink because why the fuck not, it's not like he was hurting anyone.

Matt relaxed his stance, letting his arms fall apart as he reached up to run a hand through his hair. Dang, he probably looked like he'd been sleeping in a dog pile. Another thought crossed his mind, causing him to groan, a bit less dramatically this time than before. "Shit, man, I'm gonna smell like dog for weeks now." Yet another thing Klyk would probably have to make up for, not that he was keeping track or anything. His eyes broke away from said demon man to wander around the shack in an attempt to locate his misplaced clothing. Hopefully nothing had gotten too lost (or been stolen by coyotes) during his nap.

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - SolitareLee - 04-13-2017

"Ooohhh," Klyk said, as if understanding was dawning on him. "I am flattered. I have never ridden a motorcycle before. I has always seemed unnecessary, but I suppose during daytime it might be less eye-catching than giant dog, yes?" He nodded sagely.

"I am sorry about the against-will-holding," he said, genuinely. "Not sorry enough to not do the same again," he clarified. "But sorry that it was necessary. It is sad, but I will sacrifice my Burger King for this. It is more important you are not in giant flaming wreck."

He waved his hand vaguely. "I have long since given up on dog smell. But for clothing, baking soda and little bit of apple cider vinegar does trick. Also works on person. Makes hair very smooth, also." Klyk had never really used shampoo. "I have some, already mixed, if you would like to borrow."

Living in a shack in the desert, he could count his belongings on one hand. But he was pretty generous with them nonetheless. And he did feel bad about keeping Matt here when he clearly had wanted nothing to do with it.

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - skiesofpurple - 04-15-2017

"You'd have to ride bitch." Matt quipped back without missing a beat, despite the continued misunderstanding. Alright, so, either this guy was completely oblivious or he was fucking with him. Matt silently debated escalating hitting on him versus just giving up and going home. He'd just woken up from his forced nap, but he was still kinda exhausted. It wouldn't hurt to steal another couple of hours in an actual bed. Plus, he should probably go over the data he'd gathered while he wasn't running on no sleep all adrenaline mixed with spite.

Not to mention that he wasn't really DtF if the other part wasn't on the same wavelength. Eh, whatever, he could always swing by a club tonight and try his luck there.

"There was nothing to worry about in the first place, but you're too stubborn to believe me." Matt complained. He wandered over to where his shirt and jeans ended up on the floor. Both items of clothing were covered in sand and more than a little coyote fur (the bastards), but Matt pulled them on without batting an eye. It's not like he was planning on going anywhere nice dressed like this.

"Naw, don't worry about it." He said, turning back to Klyk while attempting to brush off his clothing. He frowned when all he managed was to move the fur and dust around a little bit. Ah, well, he just shrugged it off and said, "I'll just clean up at home." He looked up at Klyk then, tilting his head slightly and raising an eyebrow, "So can I leave now or are you gonna force feed me next?"

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - SolitareLee - 04-16-2017

Klyk frowned, looking slightly offended, and tilted his head. "I believe I am misunderstanding that phrase," he said. It was hard to guess what non-offensive meaning "ride bitch" meant in this--or any--context. It sounded very much like he was being called a bitch, which was both rude and a dog joke, neither of which he particularly liked. But the casualness with which it was said led him to believe it was a colloquialism he'd never run into before.

He preferred to give people the benefit of the doubt.

"Yes, I am the stubborn one here, clearly," Klyk said, without a hint of sarcasm in his voice. "And in any case, there is little here I could safely shove into your mouth, even if I had the intention." Completely straight face. "So I'm afraid you will have to fend for yourself on that front."

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - skiesofpurple - 04-23-2017

Matt snickered, amused with himself and the perfect lead-up to a joke that could be both offensive and non-offensive because, fuck, it was true. Not like he'd let the damn guy drive his bike. Surprising absolutely no one, Matt didn't bother to explain the terminology, instead choosing to laugh off Klyk's own seemingly unintentional awkward wording. With a wink and a wave, Matt could only say, "Next time, then~" before heading for the door. There wasn't any point in staying any longer. He'd've preferred a happier goodbye, but Klyk wasn't picking up what he was throwin' down. Matt did pause at the door to throw a few more parting words over his shoulder before skedattling back to town and trouble, "Seeya around, Klyk."

And, oh boy, had he been seeing him around. Not at his little shack, of course, never there.

At this point, Matt figured that if he couldn't prevent the fucker from messing with him on important jobs, he'd just have to keep practicing avoiding him on stupid jobs until Klyk wouldn't be an issue anymore. Hell, maybe he'd even convince the guy to lay off entirely by annoying him to death. So Matt took up some jobs from rich morons trying to screw over other rich morons. He did a little research here and there, took on some jobs purely out of fun and spite. Liberated some stole artwork, returned some misplaced jewelry to its rightful owners, borderline chivalrous work, really, if it weren't for the whole breaking and entering thing. Never mind that the owners had probably stolen it from someone else in the first place.

All that mattered was that Klyk just kept fucking showing up. It was like Matt had a homing beacon on his ass the the hound was the only person who could pick up the signal. Some nights he'd show up earlier in the job and Matt would have to leave before he could do anything, other nights Matt had time to make a grab and slip through a window or more ventilation before the mutt could sit on him. It wasn't quite a cat-and-mouse game they played, obviously, maybe something more of a hound-and-fox. After all, there was plenty of chasing involved.

The only thing that mattered was that Matt was getting better. Sometimes Klyk found him early enough that he'd have to return what he'd been stealing before he'd be allowed to leave, but as time went on, more often than not he could make a messy escape. Klyk was still on his ass, breathing down his neck, but he was fine-tuning the warning bells in his head to accommodate surprisingly stealthy giant hellhounds. It worked especially well when he did multiple jobs at different times in a single night just to fuck with him.

Tonight, especially, was going to be fun. Matt had woken up a few hours before, having switched over to a primarily nocturnal schedule since this whole little game began. He was relaxing in the living room of his fairly spacious apartment, going over blueprints that he'd need for tonight while he waited for dusk. The last few days he'd been varying up the time he struck his targets, even taking a night off here and there just to see what'd happen. Tonight he was contemplating robbing an actual bank, like in all the movies, to try and sniff out the safety deposit boxes of some very prominent public figures who would likely pay very, very dearly to get the contents returned to them unharmed. All he had to do was avoid the latest security upgrades and a giant black dog who enjoyed tripping security systems in his spare time.

It'd be an interesting night, that was for certain.

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - SolitareLee - 04-23-2017

Klyk was angry.

This was impressive, because it was extremely difficult to make him angry, as Matt had probably discovered after he shot him in the leg, only to have him react with the mildest of annoyance. But now? He was irritated. Not quite to 'pissed off,' but working his way up.

Matt had, if anything, double or tripled down on his stealing. And half the time it wasn't from anyone Klyk would have particularly cared about, but he had no way of knowing how much trouble Matt was getting into until he tracked him down. Under ordinary circumstances, he would have quickly and easily declared Matt an extremely lost cause, and would have had him caught by the police a month ago. It would have been very easy to do. Matt was slippery, but he was slippery because Klyk allowed him to be, had no desire to even hurt him, let alone cripple him.

He had to remind himself, more frequently than ever, that there was something he saw in Matt worth some effort.

But it was becoming too much effort.

Not because he had no interest, or was growing bored, but because he had other, important things to be doing. Perhaps Matt had nothing better to do with his days than plan robberies, and nothing better to do with his nights than complete them, but Klyk spent both saving lives and stopping crimes, and his time chasing Matt was cutting into that. No matter how much he wanted to help his pet project, he had to bring this to a halt.

So he found his home.

It wasn't even slightly hard to find.

Getting in was similarly effortless, once he took a whiff at the door and realized Matt was already inside. No point in sneaking in for a dramatic reveal. He contemplated, briefly, simply smashing through the door. Something he was more than capable of, and something that would be very satisfying. Excessive, perhaps. He was trying to be nice. Trying very, very, very hard to be nice despite the fact he wanted nothing more than to not.

So instead, he put one massive paw on the doorknob and pushed, splintering wood and cracking metal, but leaving most of the door, at least, intact. Then he shouldered his way through quickly, not wanting to give Matt time to find his obnoxious rifle. He was in the living room in seconds, and there Matt was, sitting on his couch, probably planning yet another stupid, stupid crime. Klyk trotted right up to him in the blink of an eye, and pushed his laptop pointedly shut, leaving his paw covering it and on Matt's lap.

Matt paused in his memorization of the blueprints in front of him, a slight frown ghosting over his face as a voice inside his head whispered Danger! He looked up towards the door just in time to watch the entire around around the fucking door knob cave in, what the fuck? If you're gonna break down a door at least break down the door, it's not like smashing in part of it would mean that the whole thing wouldn't have to be replaced!

A knife and a gun were already in his hands before he saw a flash of dark fur and made the weapons disappear again. They'd be useless, anyway. Instead, Matt leaned back on the couch as a very large, very looming figure appeared in front of him and demanded his full attention. He adopted a lazy grin while contemplating possible escape routes. It'd be tricky with his legs somewhat pinned down, but he had a few tricks still hidden up his sleeves that he could pull out if he really had to. Which, honestly, he probably wouldn't. Hopefully? He'd always been able to talk his way out of this in the past, right?

"Heey, handsome." Matt drawled, reaching out to pat Klyk's paw as if this was how they greeted each other every day. "I wasn't expecting to see you for another hour or so, at least. What brings a dog like you to a place like this?" His final question was accompanied with a wink. Because flirting with a probably pissed off hellhound who was more likely than not tired of your bullshit was exactly the way to get out of a situation like this. In his experience, at least.

Klyk growled.

It wasn't something he tended to do to Matt, though he'd done it to startle him a few times. Those were a bit different; more playful, not as loud, low, or full of threat. His eyes burned like twin infernos, another indicator of his general mood, as if there needed to be one.

He could just dig his claws into the laptop and destroy it. He probably kept some valuable work on there. But no. Being nice. Being nice, because he had not wasted so much time on this little fox just to throw it away now for satisfaction.

He was going to need to talk to the man, eventually. He wasn't acting properly scared, which he knew he wouldn't be lucky enough to get. He had always been very careful not to injure Matt, which the man had no doubt noticed. If you weren't injured after shooting someone, you probably thought you weren't going to be injured at all. He wasn't wrong, but it meant that Klyk's intimidation factor was very limited.

He slid the laptop off Matt's lap and onto the couch, then, pointedly, firmly, closed his mouth entirely around one of Matt's arms. Not tight enough to break the skin, or even come close, although if he was to say, try and yank his arm out, he would doubtlessly cut it on Klyk's fangs. But firmly enough to have the kind of grip that couldn't be broken without injury. And then he pulled, to direct Matt where he wanted him to go. Namely, off the couch.

That little voice in the back of his head was back again, whispering danger, danger, danger! Maybe Klyk was a little more pissed off that Matt had originally thought. That was not a friendly growl he'd just gotten, that was an angry growl, but Matt refused to let anything like fear register. You see, it's not that he didn't have a sense of self preservation, he just chose to ignore it in situations like this.

"What's up, buddy, you wake up on the wrong side of the coyote this morning?" Matt quipped, still playful. He refused to look away from the fire in the eye of the very, very large fanged face that was uncomfortably close to his own.

It was a bit of a relief when the giant-ass paw moved his laptop. With his legs relatively free, his chance of slipping away heightened, but said chance quickly slipped away again when teeth gently pressed against his skin. Matt sighed. Clearly it was on him to carry on this conversation all by his lonesome since Klyk seemed determined to remain a giant dog and, therefore, nonverbal.

"Whaaaat?" Matt whined, pouting pointedly as Klyk, in no uncertain terms, indicated that he wanted Matt to get up. "I'm comfy here! It's late, what if I actually wanted to get some sleep tonight, huh? You could have at least called first." He was being annoying. He knew he was being annoying, but it was better to be annoying than any of the alternatives flashing through his mind. He needed to deescalate the situation, keep it light, and figure out what the fuck this guy wanted before he made a break for it.

That in mind, Matt gave an excessive, put-upon sigh before he stood up, at Klyk's insistence, going wherever the grumpy hellhound wanted him to go, for now. "I could have been looking at porn." Matt continued to complain. "I could have had someone over!" He lied, he never brought someone to his place. He always went to their's. Probably more frequently than he should. "Where are we even going?" Now there was the pressing question.

He was being annoying. This was not unexpected. It was, however... still annoying. Moreso when Klyk could not tell him to shut up. Not verbally anyway. There were other ways.

He pulled Matt into the middle of the room, and let him go, briefly. Very briefly. The man might have tried to run, if he was smart, but Klyk was prepared and had quite a lot of practice now learning the ways Matt tended to move. He kept getting slipperier and slipperier, harder to find, harder to catch. Klyk kept getting better and better at finding and catching him. The only problem was Klyk's determined adherence to catch-and-release.

Over three hundred pounds of pouncing hellhound was, pun intended, a hell of a thing. Not that Klyk intended to strike him with the full of his weight. He landed with his front paws on Matt's shoulders, pushing him down onto the ground in no uncertain terms. As Matt fell, however, Klyk gave a little shudder, and rode the man to the ground as he shrunk back into a human form. A nude, human form, which he was certain was going to make the fox even more annoying. But he needed to be able to speak.

He pressed a knee into Matt's back, took advantage of the momentary stunning of being shoved onto the ground to grip Matt's arms with his still-considerable strength and twist them behind Matt's back.

"My apologies," he said, voice low and dark. "I know you dislike my touch, but I would like to have conversation without shooting or punching."

Alright, well, this wasn't exactly what he'd been expecting. Matt had half thought Klyk would drag him somewhere to properly lecture him or some shit. That seemed pretty clear with the whole getting him up thing and then letting him go in the middle of the room. This was a proper standing lecture location, right here. Maybe that was still going to happen, but he didn't think that it really needed to involve knocking him to the group and pinning him. Especially when it meant two giant-ass paws came down on his back to knock him to the ground.

Matt landed with a grunt and a curse, a low whine escaping his throat when strong hands grabbed him arms and essentially rendered him helpless. Fuck he shouldn't have let it get this far. He should have made an attempt to slip away once Klyk had let him go, he should have shot him in the fucking eye the moment he broke down his door. But, no, he hadn't don't any of that and now the rational side of his brain was chewing him out because even though Klyk had a clear soft spot for Matt, for whatever god forsaken reason, Matt had lowered his guard, too, and that made him make these dumbass decisions that left him pinned to the floor under pounds of angry muscle. At the end of the day, Matt needed to remember that he still didn't fucking know this guy. For all he knew, he was about to earn two broken arms for not shooting this guy in the head months ago.

That was the rational side of Matt's brain. The irrational side? Had an entirely different take on the situation.

Matt looked up at Klyk over his shoulder, appreciating the miles and miles of skin hovering over him as best he could from his, uh, compromising position on the floor. And, fuck, that was hot. It was easy to forget exactly how hot a guy was when the majority of your interactions are with his giant, furry other form. So, needless to say, Matt felt almost unprepared be suddenly confronted with a very hot and rather angry Russian demon man who went and started playing out every boy's idle fantasy of being properly manhandled. Shit.

Well, that was going to have to be his angle here.

"Babe, you can touch me however you'd like." Matt grinned in the face of angry demon-man, letting that low voice send a shiver down his spine and sink low in his gut. He tensed his wrists, testing the grip holding him down before letting out a sigh that had him going pliant. For all appearances, he was perfectly content and, dare I say, inappropriately pleased to be in the predicament he currently found himself in.

"If I'd've know this is where we'd end up, I wouldn't have been avoiding you so much. Whatcha gonna do now, buddy, make me pay for my crimes?" Matt asked with mischief clear on his mind. He really wish he didn't have the damned knee in his back. There were a number of positions that this conversation would be a lot more productive in. Damn goodygoody hellhounds ruining his fun. Matt shifted again, not trying to escape, but attempting to get more comfortable.

Of course.

Klyk resisted the urge to yank the irritating man's head by his hair, fully aware that it would likely be a sensation too much enjoyed by the both of them, even if for slightly different reasons.

"Alright," he said instead, irritated. If he thought for a hot second that he could actually fuck the criminal urges out of Matt, he'd do it. But he was fairly sure it would only encourage him. Instead, he shifted his weight to push Matt's face against the ground with the hand not pinning his arms. Not painfully, but very inconveniently for speaking, and it kept him from ogling Klyk's naked form. It would probably not be very proper to gag him. Or very cohesive to a conversation. But the temptation...

"You will kindly stop being pervert when I am trying to speak with you," he chided. "You are very good at pushing, Matthew Rhodes. But I am very tired of cat-and-mouse, and now wish to have instead productive dialogue in which we discover source of your problems and way to solve that does not involve theft, property damage, or wasting my time."

Matt's head hit the ground with a soft thump and a grunt. He was partly annoyed by it (he barely got to see anything, come on!), but it was also... shit. God, he just wanted to be able to move but a traitorous part of his brain was also thrilled that he couldn't. "Fuck." He voiced on a breath.

If Klyk thought that this would stop Matt from talking, he seriously needed to reevaluate his own life choices. A low whine build up from Matt's chest as he complained, "That isn't fair." This was accompanied by more fruitless struggling as he let his frustration build, both at the situation and Klyk's refusal to play along with the more favorable (from Matt's perspective, at least) outcome.

"This isn't a position you put someone in when you want to talk." Matt tried to reason. Which, to be fair, he had a pretty valid point. There were two situations where a position like this was acceptable and a conversation to the depths Klyk seemed to want to converse in was not one of them. "If you want to have a proper dialogue you should make me promise to be good and let me up. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell ya, buddy, I'm distracted."

Granted, if Klyk actually let him up he'd probably jump out the window and escape this whole mess, but it's not like he was gonna go around advertising that fact.