alonimi
The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Las Ballenas (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: The Fox and the Hound - SolitareLee - 04-01-2017

Klyk had, perhaps, been expecting a visit. He had been hoping there might be Burger King involved, but he rather doubted it, because Matt did not seem the type to be apologetic when caught doing something bad. So he wasn't super surprised when the coyotes began sounding the alarm, or when the motorcycle pulled up outside. He had enough presence of mind to roll out of bed and throw a robe on. Which turned out to be a good idea, because rather than knocking like a civilized person, Matt kicked his door open.

Klyk frowned. He had enough problems with that door. Now it was probably broken. Would it even close anymore? Where was he going to get hardware? Where was he going to get the money to pay for hardware. Damnit. This was exactly why he didn't let thieves know where he lived, generally.

Matt was furious, which was not quite what he'd expected. That was quite an attitude to cop for someone caught breaking into someone else's building and stealing things. And Klyk had been so NICE about it, too, letting him escape without risking being caught, or police.

Matt stormed right over, and Klyk had the foresight to catch his wrists before he could throw a punch... or shove him, which seemed somewhat more likely.

"You were breaking into a building, to steal," Klyk explained calmly. "You were already 'screwing' someone. I was simply saying hello and asking for you to stop." He paused, frowning, a hand leaving one of Matt's wrists to hook a finger under his chin, tilting his face up. "Have you slept? You look terrible. Do not drive like that, you could crash."

RE: The Fox and the Hound - skiesofpurple - 04-01-2017

Matt twisted his wrists automatically when they were caught, testing the grip. He was fucking determined not to be distracted right now, but it was hard not to catalogue the casual strength holding his arms still, preventing them from having enough leverage to wind up for a good hit without causing discomfort. It was a good grip. He could appreciate that without getting distracted. Especially since said grip kinda made him want to punch the bastard holding him even more than he had when he first kicked down the fucking door. What? He was even more frustrated now, too, on top of everything else.

"I didn't steal shit." Matt spat out, practically shaking from sleep deprivation, adrenaline, rage, or a combination of all the above. "I was in there for research. I was looking for information and now I just have more fucking questions than I have answers and it's all your fault!"

He broke off from his rant, eyes wide when Klyk lifted his chin. Shit. Were there tears in the corners of his eyes? There might be. They were definitely red, he knew he looked like absolute shit. He was getting too fucking emotional, he hadn't gotten any sleep, coming here was a mistake. He should have just added the info he'd gathered to his list and gotten some fucking sleep to analyze it better after he was rested. But, no, he'd gone and gotten angry and he'd run off that instead of doing the sensible thing again and how he was practically crying in front of a hot man who was too fucking calm about all of this and pretending to be all concerned about him and - and...

Yeah, Matt punched him.

"Don't fucking touch me." He warned, free hand throbbing. Matt clenched his fist, enjoying to focus that came with the pain. "And get off your high-fucking-horse, dickbag. You don't know shit about me or what I was doing and you sure as hell don't have any god-damned right to tell me what I should and should not be doing. So stop fucking acting like you do 'cause otherwise the next time I see your furry ass I'm not gonna be aiming at your fucking leg."

Strong words coming from a man who probably looked moments from collapsing, but Matt was a master of 'fake it 'til you make it'. He'd probably make it home in one piece if he didn't listen to Klyk's advice. Probably.

RE: The Fox and the Hound - SolitareLee - 04-02-2017

Klyk wasn't really prepared to be punched in the face. He generally didn't have these sort of confrontations in this form. It caught him right in the jaw, his teeth slicing into the inside of his mouth as he bit down. Shit, now his mouth was going to taste like battery acid all day.

He was very aware of the sudden rise in growls all around them.

"I apologize. In my defense, I thought you were going to hit me, and then you did. I also apologize for this." He wrapped his arms around Matt, pinning his arms to his side very firmly. The growling subsided a little. "I would normally respect your wish not to be touched," he said apologetically. "But I need to convince the coyotes we are play fighting so that they do not attempt to kill you. They can be..." He rolled his eyes. "Protective."

He let out a sigh, trying not to rest his head on top of Matt's. That would probably be taken as condescending. "What is it you were looking for?" he asked. "Normally, the things you need to steal, be it information or items, are things you should not have. But there can be exceptions. However," he chided gently. "Threatening violence and murder is not a good way to prove a point, especially if your point is that you have not done anything wrong."

RE: The Fox and the Hound - skiesofpurple - 04-02-2017

Matt was not aware of the growls all around them. His attention was scattered, at best, preventing him from registering anything resembling danger besides how the guy standing in front of him clearly should look more like shit than he currently did. The hug he certainly wasn't expecting. At first, he tensed, ready to get in another good swing but unable to move his arms enough to accomplish one. His hands, grasping around for something, managed to grab on to part of Klyk's robe. Once he had it he didn't do anything with it, though, he just needed something to hold on to.

"I'd like to see them try." He bit out through conflicting emotions, distracting him from his anger further. Strong arms surrounded him. It was that feeling again, being pinned by not uncomfortable, except this time it wasn't just his wrists being pinned. He tried to hold on to the tension to keep up the pretense of resistance, but he could feel himself relaxing into the hug until he was practically leaning on Klyk for support. Fuck he was tired.

"It's none of your business." Matt grumbled. His face had somehow fallen against Klyk's shoulder and he didn't seem particularly inclined to either move or speak more clearly against the warm skin. He didn't want to explain himself. He didn't want to get into his long sob story and awful fucking past. It was frustrating almost as much as it was a relief to have found one person in this god damned city who both knew him, but didn't know of him. That didn't have to change, even if this stupid fucking dog had, for some reason, decided to make him a pet project in thief wrangling.

Man, the shit he stole didn't even matter. That was all practically for fun. Last night was different and he didn't know how he was supposed to explain that without giving everything away. So, he didn't.

"Bud, in case you forgot, I shot you yesterday. Murder might be escalating a bit, I'll give you that one, but threatening violence should be a given by now." Instead, he deflected onto safer topics and tried to pretend that he wasn't practically clinging to this crazy asshole like he was an emotional touch-starved moron. Shit, he really needed to get laid. That's what he should have done instead of coming out here. Blown off some steam, napped, then go back to work. You know what they say, hindsight is 20/20.

"I would very much not like to see them try," Klyk said, with the tone of an apology. "And in any case, shooting me yesterday does not mean you will shoot me tomorrow. People can always improve themselves. You felt bad about the shooting, yes? One day, you may feel bad about the stealing, too. No matter how high or how low, people can always still travel up or down." The metaphor was a bit strained, because he wasn't the best at communicating in English yet, but hopefully it got the general concept across.

He didn't stroke Matt's hair, because that also might have been seen as condescending, and also he wasn't even supposed to be touching him right now. That Matt was basically laying against him didn't matter; the last word he'd gotten on the subject was don't fucking touch me so... As soon as the coyotes calmed the rest of the way down, he could let him go.

Although it did also seem like he really needed a hug that wasn't just a defense mechanism to prevent violence both from Matt and a few dozen protective coyotes who had declared him Coyote King. Klyk suspected a lot of good could be done here with a cuddle pile. He was an expert now on cuddle piles and they were very pleasant and also one could sleep.

"You can rest here," Klyk offered. "You are clearly very tired. Or, if you would not like to rest with so many coyotes nearby, I can give you a lift back to the edge of the city. There is a bus stop I often leave people."

"People don't change." Matt grumbled into smooth-warm skin that smelled of the desert and dog. Both of those scents shouldn't have been relaxing to him, but somehow he couldn't seem to find it in him to care. "The shitty ones do shitty things and if they ever do any good it's only to disguise how shitty they are underneath it all. None of the people I stole from couldn't afford to replace whatever the fuck it was the next day. Most of them probably even deserved it." And the fact that he'd shot him yesterday was clear indication that he'd be perfectly capable of shooting him again tomorrow. Matt had long ago accepted that, in order to get what he wanted out of life, he was going to have to play by a different rulebook than everyone else. He wasn't going to change, even if this self-righteous demon man thought differently of him, it didn't mean anything. He was simply wrong.

"No." Matt responded a beat later than he probably should have. Another moment or so passed before he seemed to gather enough wits or energy to shift so that he was holding more of his own weight. With a long sigh that wasn't entirely voluntary, Matt made a feeble attempted to shift away from the hug, mostly just to see if Klyk would let him. "No, I can get home just fine on my bike." There was no way in hell he was taking some fucking bus out of the city. Talk about dangerous. He would be perfectly fine on his bike, thanks, he didn't need to risk falling asleep on some stained seat only to wake up to some fucking asshole standing over him with poor intentions. He'd take his chances on his motorcycle any day over that.

"It seems we will be disagreeing on everything today," Klyk said, again sounding apologetic about it. "I cannot let you get on that bike and drive in your condition; you will crash. You can stay here, or I can take you back to the city." There was probably some metaphor about friends not letting friends drive drunk that was at least somewhat relevant. Driving sleepy was not, in fact, any better than driving under any other kind of impairment. And it was very clear that Matt was extremely tired.

There would be plenty of time to teach him that he was wrong about changing. After all, if people could never change, this situation would be running very differently and perhaps not so well for the comparatively small boy alone in the demon's house, surrounded by wild, aggressive dogs.

"I would like for us to please be able to handle this without me having to turn into a very large dog and sit on you?" he said hopefully. "I would feel very sorry, like I feel sorry for hugging you when you don't want to be hugged, but like the hugging, I think it is best to keep you from getting hurt."

Matt let out a humorless laugh, his fists tightening their grip where they were still buried in Klyk's robe. This guy was an idiot if he really thought that driving around a motorcycle without having slept in the last day or so (had it been longer? He couldn't tell, he'd been on a research binge about cryptids before last night) was the stupid risky thing that was going to end up killing him. Fuck, out of all the stupid risky things he'd done in his life so far, that didn't even make the top twenty.

"Dude, seriously. I'll be fine. I've driven on less sleep in worse weather and haven't died yet. You're being way too overprotective of someone who's limits you don't even know." Matt shifted his stance from where he was still trapped in Klyk's arms. It was kinda annoying to think that he wasn't pissed off anymore just because this guy decided to bear hug it out of him. What made it even worse was that all he wanted to do now that he was here was agree with this asshole and just cuddle the hell out of him for about ten hours of sleep. But that wasn't an option and he needed to get out of here before his body betrayed him. Staying still was the worst thing to do when you were trying to fight off falling asleep in a stranger's house.

"Listen, if you're gonna be a dick about this, that's all on you. But I am seriously fine to drive. All you gotta do is let me go and I'll be on my way." Matt emphasized his point by poking at Klyk's sides as if that would somehow convince the guy to release him from his grasp.

"I am normally much nicer about personal boundaries than this," Klyk apologized again, wincing a bit as Matt poked at him. He wasn't ticklish, but it also just wasn't a super pleasant sensation. "But I believe the phrase is... friends do not let friends drive... stupid?" The phrase was drunk, but it didn't seem applicable that way. "So, you can stay here or I can take you back to town myself," he repeated. Again.

He could do this all day. Or until Matt passed out, because he honestly seemed sort of close to that.

He wasn't super happy about forcing a guy to stay at a strange demon's house in a cuddle pile with wild coyotes. But under the circumstances, it was probably the best option. He could take him back to town, but a giant demon walking through the city in the middle of the day was... no. That was fucked up, even by Las Ballenas standards. It would cause a large disturbance, and too much attention that Klyk didn't want, because he had finally sort of settled in okay here.

"If you prefer," he suggested. "I can turn into giant dog. That way is it not inappropriate." Sound reason. Clearly the problem with this situation was sleeping with a strange demon man. Strange demon DOG? In the clear. "Also I am told I make very good mattress."

"We aren't friends." Matt said automatically despite the fact that he let his cheek drop against Klyk's shoulder, eyes tracing the walls of the shitty shack he was currently held captive in. Despite current appearances, he had a couple options right now. Option one was knee Klyk in the balls and skedaddle. There were variations of option one that included but were not limited to breaking his nose with his head, jabbing him in the solar plexus, stomping on his bare foot with his frankly ridiculous boots... the list could go on. Point was, Matt could probably break this grip if he really wanted to. If he was still pissed off, he wouldn't have hesitated in doing so. But he honestly couldn't muster up enough fucks to hurt someone so fucking... annoyingly earnest right now. Plus, there were the coyotes to consider. Matt didn't doubt that he'd be able to take them. He hadn't shown up completely unarmed, after all, but he wouldn't look forward to the bites he'd undoubtedly earn in the resulting fight and the infection he'd undoubtedly have to fight off afterwards.

Heaving out another sigh that, to his embarrassment, morphed into a yawn, Matt felt the fight drain out of him as he leaned against the other man once more. So this was happening. "Fine. You win this time. I'll stay." He said very begrudgingly for a guy who was currently leaning into another guy while moving his hands to settle comfortably against said other guy's waist. Fuck if he didn't feel good. Matt kinda resented him for that, too.

Biting back another yawn (they wouldn't stop now that he'd fucking given up), Matt shrugged his shoulders as much as he could while trapped. "I honestly don't give a crap." Not if they were just gonna be sleeping. Although, that brought up the intriguing question of who'd told this dude that his furry ass made a good mattress. "Whatever makes you feel better about yourself, buddy."

"Maybe not yet," Klyk acquiesced cheerfully. "But if we are, it will be more fun, like slumber party."

He released Matt after he finally agreed, although he was prepared for the possibility of him bolting. He seemed very tired, however, and also Klyk could run faster than most motorcycles, so he could at least keep an eye to make sure he didn't crash.

"Wonderful~" he said happily. "I will be more comfortable than pile of furs, to the average person. Give me one moment, please. I will be nude, if you wish to look away," he added, as a courtesy, because that bothered people sometimes. He stepped a few feet away, turning his back. It would be a good chance for Matt to run or attack, which is probably why every coyote in the room was watching him. Klyk was feeling pretty good about the situation though, now that Matt had agreed. He grabbed the back of his robe and tore it off over his head in one smooth motion. There was nothing on underneath, save his as-of-now oversized iron and silver collar.

With a full body shudder, he transformed, arms landing on the ground. It could be a bit alarming to watch, he'd been told, but the face was the worst part, and it was all over in a matter of a few seconds.

He turned back around, the cottage much smaller now with him in it, tail wagging cheerfully. It created a breeze. He wandered past Matt to his pile of furs, nosing a few coyotes aside. They fussed, but moved. He plopped down against the wall, then looked at Matt, tail thumping against the ground.

RE: The Fox and the Hound - skiesofpurple - 04-10-2017

Matt rolled his eyes. How the fuck did Klyk even know what a slumber party was? Regardless of that, he was pretty damn sure that demon dog's version of a 'fun slumber party' would be a whole lot different than his version. Man, he was supposed to be avoiding that train of thought, but he could help let his mind drift towards what he'd really like to be doing with the body holding him upright if he'd been just a little less... sleepy...

Ugh, but then Klyk was moving away. Matt swayed on his feet as he lost his support in staying upright. He didn't even try to hide it, he was just that tired. Instead, he focused his energy on not falling flat on his face while still watching as- ooooo. That was a lot of skin.

Matt suddenly felt a whole lot more awake as he eyes roamed over the display in front of him before it morphed into a giant dog monster. That was disappointing. He was disappointed now. He was probably even pouting with how disappointed he felt. Groaning, because he was feeling sorry for himself, Matt walked over to the giant dog monster as if he hadn't just watched it go through a horrific flesh-crawling transformation and bonelessly flopped down right on top if it. Because he was a bit of an ass at the best of times and an outright asshole at the worst. Whatever, it probably didn't even phase Klyk.

This was not as comfortable as Klyk had promised it would be. Grumbling some and probably still pouting, Matt rolled over, somehow in such a way that he remained firmly on top of the giant demon dog, and stared petulantly at the ceiling. Too many clothes. His boots were still on. Fur was too warm for the desert. With a world-weary sigh, he sat up and unlaced his boots, kicking them off heedlessly of where they landed (or what they landed on). His shirt and jeans followed shortly after that, leaving him in just an undershirt and boxers. Much better.

This time when he laid back on the giant, fluffy, breathing mass, it was easier to find a comfortable position. Laying down on something that was actively breathing and had a giant heart thumping away was more soothing than he would have thought, especially since he lost consciousness before that thought could properly circulate throughout his brain.

By the time he'd wake up, it'd be hours later and he'd probably be partially curled up atop the massive hellhound with his face half buried in its frankly ridiculous fur. Unless he'd been moved elsewhere. Although, chances were, he couldn't have been moved without that waking him up.

RE: The Fox and the Hound - SolitareLee - 04-10-2017

Klyk let out a pleased little whuff at Matt essentially belly-flopped onto him, then fussed and grumbled and shifted as he got comfortable. He stripped down to just an undershirt and boxers, which Klyk could not blame him for. A pile of fur was a lot of heat in the middle of the desert, during the day, in the summer. Klyk was never phased by it, but Matt was human...ish. So he kept him cool by giving him the occasional lick on the forehead or neck, knowing his saliva would do its trick.

After he fell asleep. Because otherwise he'd have to listen to all that complaining.

He dozed on and off himself, head leaning against the wall in what probably looked like an uncomfortable position but somehow worked when he was a dog. He was a master of sleeping in unusual positions anyway, but it was somehow worse when he was over 300 pounds of fur and legs.

Matt slept like a baby the whole time, by which Klyk meant that he made angry noises and fussed every time Klyk so much as shifted slightly. His face was less grumpy, more peaceful, in his sleep. Klyk took this as a sure sign that he was actually a very pleasant, reasonable person, somewhere underneath all that anger and unnecessary violence.

It was late afternoon by the time Matt stirred. Klyk was drowsing in and out of consciousness, having somehow wound up in a position that put his head facing straight up against the wall. He blinked awake, groggily, as Matt shifted his weight. He straightened his head off the wall, yawning, then poking his head against Matt's forehead to check his temperature. He seemed a little warm. He gave him a lick from his shoulder to his neck, for good measure. He'd be a terrible host if he let him get overheated, and it wasn't like Klyk had air conditioning.

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - skiesofpurple - 04-12-2017

Matt woke up slowly in the way that someone who desperately doesn't want to actually wake up wakes up. In other words, he was awake, but his eyes were closed and all he could think about was how he was really fucking tired and should honestly just roll over and see if he could get another few hours worth of sleep. Unfortunately, the sun was still really fucking bright despite the passage of time and his bed was moving and then licking him and, at that point, it was kinda impossible to pretend he wasn't going to be awake for the rest of the day, at least.

The nose was one thing, okay? It was cold and wet and kinda annoying but manageable. It was the licking that got to him. There was really no way to respond to being covered in tingly saliva besides letting out a wordless groan of frustration and reaching out with two flailing limbs to push away the giant dog head that was currently menacing him.

In the end, he wound up squirming so much trying to hit Klyk in the nose to punish him for being a bad pillow/bed that he overbalanced and wound up sliding off the giant dog only to land surprisingly gracefully on his own two feet. Huh. Weird. Matt didn't choose until then to open his eyes, because he was nothing if not dedicated to protest being awake when he didn't want to be.

He immediately regretted the decision to open his eyes because it was even brighter in the shack than it was behind his eyelids. This, apparently, warranted another groan of frustration while he reached up to rub the sleep out of his eyes like the actual child he pretended he wasn't anymore. Whatever. He squinted out at the shack again, frowning at the coyotes by his feet that he'd somehow managed not to step on (yet), before turning his frown onto Klyk.

"You," He said, dramatically, because of who he is as a person, "are a menace. Am I allowed to leave now?" Someone woke up on the wrong side of the hellhound. Eh, he was probably just annoyed he'd had to wake up to a furry Klyk instead of a sexy Klyk. He'd get over it eventually.

RE: The Fox and the Hound [Closed] - SolitareLee - 04-12-2017

Klyk suffered from a very strong urge to sit on Matt. Possibly lick him again, in the face this time. He wasn't entirely sure where it came from. Part of it was probably that the man was so determined to be grumpy. It made Klyk want to give him things to complain about. But funny things, because that was as close to bullying as Klyk could really manage.

He yawned, an incidentally dramatic and slightly terrifying action full of teeth. His mouth was larger than most people's heads, with very long, very sharp ivory-white fangs that measured in the inches. His longest canines were as long as a person's hand.

Then he snorted, shook his head, blinked a few times. He stood up, stepping away from the corner, and stretched. It took up a good portion of the shack.

Well, he couldn't talk like this, let alone get out the door. He sat down by his robes, then let himself sort of melt back into his smaller, less furry, more manageable form. He was extremely nude, but he covered up shortly with one of several large, shapeless robes that were well suited to the desert heat. It hung off his shoulders lazily, displaying his coal-black chest; he was too lethargic to wrap it around properly. He scratched his head where horns buried into orange-red hair, then yawned again. It was significantly less intimidating.

"I apologize again for my concern for your continued health and safety," he said through the yawn, no hint of sarcasm in his voice or posture. "I would offer you coffee, but I have none. Would you like water?"