alonimi
Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=698)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 08-11-2017

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sure you will." Darcy raised his brows at Owen, but did nothing to confirm or deny whether or not he would be telling his mother. Spoiling the news may be unfair, but Darcy knew that when he was ready would likely be never. Or the same way he’d found out: on accident.

“It’s nice to meet you, too,” Julianna returned pleasantly. Unthinkingly, she angled her cheek to better receive Owen’s play at affection and curled her hands around the warm mug. She forced a smile as he complimented her blouse, and lifted the coffee to her lips as if it would keep her from having to say anything else. She had already decided to play along, for the sake of Owen’s godfather, but she also didn’t want the interaction to last too long.

Darcy joined them at the table with the last of the food and a mug of his own. He frowned at Owen before he sighed. Picking up at plate he piled it with warm pancakes, and a few pieces of bacon. “I don’t know anything,” he complained, close to whining like a child being left out of a secret. He glanced between the couple seated in front of him. Julianna didn’t seem shy, she just seemed nervous. He could work with that. Darcy knew Owen was just trying to spare himself the pain of having to talk about his personal life.

“And I want to know everything,” he concluded, smearing a generous helping of butter over his hotcakes. “What do you do, Julianna? How did the two of you meet?”

Julianna had considered not eating, she felt weird about accepting his generosity when she was going to be lying to him. Her stomach protested this decision. Everything looked good and smelled better, and soon enough she was joining the two men in loading her own plate. “I’m a finance manager,” she replied, reaching for the syrup.
“How did we meet?” She laughed. “I think Owen’s tells the story better.” Julianna looked over at Owen, smiling at batting her long lashes at him.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 08-23-2017

Owen was quick to load himself up with food and began stuffing his mouth with hot pancakes as if that would allow him to avoid answering the questions. Maybe if he just ignored them, Darcy would cease and desist? It wasn’t happening that way as Julianna hit the ball into his court.

Owen washed the chewed and sweet pancakes down with a large gulp of hot coffee. His eyes bounced ike a tennis ball hit between players from Julianna to Darcy and back again. He itched at the corner of his eye and began with “uh well,” and then bought himself some more time while he took another drink of coffee.

He decided that going with as close to the truth as possible would spare him the work that flagrant lying required. When you told the truth there were no threads to keep track of that would bite you later.

“I went into the bank where she worked to take a shit and this busybody financer stopped me as if she knew I was there to blow up the place.” He smirked at Julianna and looked rather amused to have tied together potty talk and bombing puns. He pretty much expected his cleverness to be rewarded somehow. “Needless to say, I proceeded with my intended duties and somehow managed to sweep her off her feet.”

Look at that. Technically nothing was a lie. That was exactly what had happened and Owen was mighty mighty pleased with himself.

He popped a bit of bacon into his mouth and grinned at Darcy. “Romantic, eh? Aren’t you glad you asked?”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 08-27-2017

Julianna sipped at her coffee, gazing over at Owen innocently as she waited for him to formulate some kind of dramatic retelling of the first meeting of their fake-dating. For a moment, she felt as if she had one-upped him, by giving him the harder part of what she thought was going to be their elaborate lie, but Owen had other plans.

He literally just told Darcy what happened. Not in a way that expressed any criminal ties to the fact that he’d actually blown up the place, but still…

She couldn’t help but laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. “Oh my god,” she said, out loud and between the gentle cadence of her laughter. It was all too much, he was too much and it was catching up with her. The bombings, her abduction, the sex, the breakfast. She very much felt like she could just fall into hysterics at that very moment; just laugh-crying into her pancakes. “I told you he tells it better.” She rubbed idly at the mark he’d left on her neck, she could still feel it there, a warm spot on her skin. Julianna attempted to look casual about pulling her hair over her shoulder in the same motion she reached for his coffee cup again. “I usually forget all those great puns.” She rolled her eyes playfully, doing her best to keep playing the part.

“Yeah,” Darcy drawled, his tone not actually sounding like he agreed with the romanticism of it all. “You always were a real charmer,” he continued sarcastically. He cut and served himself another bite of syrupy pancakes.

“Where’d you go to school, Julianna?”

Darcy was grilling her in such a way that she felt as if she was meeting a parent for the first time. Technically, a godfather wasn’t that far off. Darcy had mentioned Owen’s mother, but not his father. Sort of made her wonder if he was still around. She cleared her throat. “I went to Yale.”

Dark brows climbed towards his hairline as amber eyes widened it what could only disbelief. “Yale,” he repeated, awed. “You must really be something for our die hard Harvard alumni to date a Yale girl.” He laughed, while looking at Owen pointedly.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 08-30-2017

“Charming that’s me.” Owen agreed unenthusiastically on the tail end of Darcy’s observation about him.

He took to a more pouting pose resting his elbow on the table and his cheek squished up by his fist. His gaze look bored as he stared at his godfather’s excessive display of surprise over Julianna’s alma mater. Owen’s eyes blinked slowly as a smile spread over his face as if in slow motion.

He dropped his hand away from his face and grabbed Julianna’s shoulder playfully shaking her around. “Yeah we’re working on her flaws together, aren’t we, love?"

Owen laid another pet name on her before he went back to stabbing at pancakes. “That and her hundred meter dash. She’s a super slow runner. Those short little legs and all. But she’ll get there. She at least looks cute doing it.” He winked at Julianna knowing she wouldn’t appreciate the commentary before he stuffed his face full of an over-sized bite.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 09-03-2017

Julianna was quick to smack Owen’s hand off of her shoulder. The act seemed fluid and natural, as if this wasn’t the first time he had teased her about her school. Which it wasn’t, but that wasn’t the reason for her quickly denying his hand on her. She was still overwhelmed from their previous sexual engagement and now having to play pretend dating in front of his godfather. She frowned at him, gaze flicking to Darcy, who didn’t seem to find anything out of the ordinary in her reaction.

In fact, he was laughing at the stupid jokes Owen was making at her expense.

Julianna forced a smile, which she quickly hid behind a long drink of quickly cooling coffee. The pet name Owen had sprung on her had hit her ear in a way she’d not found wholly unpleasant. “You certainly weren’t complaining about my short little legs earlier,” she snapped back, which prompted another chuckle from Darcy. The table knew that earlier referred to the compromising position Darcy had walked in on.

“I’m not sure how you put up with him,” Darcy sighed as he worked on finishing his pancakes.

“It’s a bit of a challenge,” Julianna agreed with an exasperated sigh. She cocked her head at Owen, before lifting a hand to the side of his face. She made a show of running her fingers over the curve of his ear, testing him in the same way he’d been doing to her earlier. She tucked a finger beneath his chin before fluttering her lashes at him. “But he’s getting there. I hear they’re pretty slow learners over at Harvard.”

Darcy snorted into his coffee, and Julianna dropped her hand away from Owen and returned to eating.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 09-09-2017

Owen’s hand was smacked away in that playful show for Darcy and he went back to finishing off the last of his pancake now saturated with syrup. He shoved that last bite into his mouth and immediately pushed back his chair and gathered his dishes as if to dismiss the entire gathering. His chair scraped loudly over continued teasing from Julianna about their earlier coitus and his schooling at Harvard.

Owen returned from the kitchen with his MBA degree which had been posted on the refrigerator with a magnet. “Does this look like a slow learner’s degree to you?” He asked, shoving the paper that purported to prove his stellar academic accomplishments towards Julianna for her inspection. The edges of the degree were curling and degrading after the abuse it had received by being posted on a fridge of all places and not properly framed.

“Are you finished there?” He asked gesturing towards Julianna’s plate with still some pancake left. He didn’t wait for the answer but grabbed up the plate to take it away. “Let me get that for you.”

Owen was clearly anxious to have the breakfast be done and over with and his jittery activity in clearing the table more than advertised that fact.

“That was great, dad, thank you. So what do you have planned for the week?” Owen asked the innocuous question to sort of cover for the way he was pushing the end to their meal.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 09-10-2017

Julianna leaned her head back to view the degree he thrust in her direction. She was still smirking, wondering if she'd hit a nerve as she took the paper from him by one of the ruined edges. “Wait, I’m not…” He took her plate even though she still wanted to nibble at the bacon she had left. She frowned as her breakfast was whisked away against her wishes. Julianna petulantly sipped her coffee and looked over the details of his MBA that he'd not taken back from her.

Darcy’s could take a hint. His eyes tracked his godson silently as he moved around the kitchen in a clear show that he was ready for the meal to be over. Oblivious to Owen’s "hobbies" and Julianna’s captivity, he assumed the rush was out of a displeasure for the continued teasing. And for having been caught with a woman. Owen had always been very withholding about his personal life. “No plans, really,” he replied, taking the bait. This time. He stood with his own dirtied dishes and left them in the sink. “Just working. The usual, really.” He drained the last of his coffee. “I should be heading out.”

Darcy said his goodbyes to Owen and Julianna and gathered up the leftover breakfast supplies before departing.

Julianna sat at the table, looking almost smug for some unknown reason as the men cleaned up. She sipped coffee delicately, sitting with one leg crossed over the other. She watched Owen over the rim of her mug as he closed the door on his godfather. “That was fun,” she chimed. She held the mug with one hand, and used the other to straighten the piece of paper she'd set on the table in front of her.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 09-10-2017

With a relieved sigh, Owen closed the door on his godfather and turned the bolt to lock himself and his prisoner inside his makeshift home. As he approached the table, where Julianna sat perched neatly in her chair with a smug expression as she nursed her coffee. He fixed her with a withering stare and snatched the degree from under the fingers that attempted to straighten it.

“It was not fun.” He countered lamely as he stalked into the kitchen to post his degree back in its spot on the fridge.

Owen moved in front of the sink and turned the water on. “Make yourself useful and help me with these dishes, would you?” He complained at her failing to show any appreciation for her cooperation during the unexpected visit.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 09-14-2017

Julianna was certain she could feel her heart sinking at that ominous clock of the lock bolting into place. Reality settling in around her. It fell further, dropping into her stomach as Owen approached and fixed her with that displeased expression. The breakfast she had enjoyed twisted in her stomach. He seemed annoyed and she could figure out why.

Hadn't she behaved just as he'd asked?

She frowned when the paper was snatched away from in front of her. She looked like she might say something but her mouth snapped shut. Was he mad at her? Why did it bother her so much that he seemed mad? He was a terrorist and an abductor, why did she suddenly feel so inclined to be in his good graces.

An vexation bubbled up in her and she frowned at the back of his head. She stood up quickly, chair scraping loudly on the floor. Julianna gathered up the remaining dishes, the clinked and chimed together loudly in the wake of her indignance. She deposited them at the sink near where he was working and frowned up at him expectantly.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 09-25-2017

The mood in the room had shifted dramatically and noticeably. Not to mention audibly. The harsh clanging of the dishes enunciated the frustration that Julianna felt but failed or refused to vocalize. Owen turned from the sink to take the pile of dishes from her hands. Water splashed as he added them into the sink.

“What.” He asked without asking his eyebrows raising at her as if to dare her to complain.

Owen could have done more to appreciate her situation. He scrubbed at the plates with vigor working out his own worries. The time was approaching that they - more accurately he - would have to figure out what to do with her. He hadn’t had time to research whether the authorities were looking for her, or whether her family and friends had bought into messages about her taking a sudden trip after a terrorist attack.

And now Darcy had met her.

The weight of what he had done came down on him suddenly. The consequences were dizzying to comprehend. He felt like a fly caught in a spider’s web. The more he tried to wriggle free the tighter he spun himself towards certain death.

He threw down the sponge. He pressed his hands onto the edge of the sink and bowed his head breathing heavily over the sink. He turned the water to cold and splashed it on his face to stave off what felt like an approaching panic attack. Pushing away from the counter he reached for a hand towel to dry his face and fixed his expression into something less fearful and more neutral.
He couldn’t let himself look weak in front of her. He needed her to keep behaving. Maybe a bribe?

“Since you were good maybe you’d like to take a trip to the grocery store later? Hm?” He looked her up and down as he assessed whether she might enjoy a stroll through downtown. “You want to go downtown for shits and giggles?”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 09-29-2017

That lift of brows only inspired her to continue to stare up at him indignantly. Julianna didn’t know why she was feeling particularly bratty in response to his reception of her following Darcy’s departure. For a moment, she considered that this was not the best attitude to have with him. Petulance did not lend particularly well to abduction, but he had fucked her, so now he could deal with her grievances, even though they only came in the form of pouting looks, because she didn’t say anything to him.

Julianna’s gaze fell to watch his hands in the soapy water when he looked away from her. Owen wasn’t responding to her hovering, so she huffed loudly and moved away from him and back into the space dedicated to the living room. She flopped onto the couch and pouted at the blank television.

The sounds of dishes being washed ceased, and Julianna turned her head slightly to watch him in her periphery. Something was wrong, and she had a few guesses as to what that could be. His half-formed kidnapping planned was being rocked by the waves of an unexpected visitor. Julianna watched this brief panic play out behind his back, and was somehow comforted by the minimal display. At least he wasn’t entirely unflappable.

The banker glared at him again when he turned around and spoke to her, even though his revisitation of referring to her as ‘good’ made her uncomfortably aroused. Despite clearly requesting a reward from him moments ago, as soon as he offered one she was offended. “I’m not a kept animal that you can keep compliant with treats and outings,” she snapped, looking away from him again. “Are you sure that’s even a good idea? Would be easier for me to get away from you in public.”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 10-17-2017

Owen stalked into the makeshift living room to stand over Juliana as she snapped at him. He folded his arms testily over his chest and stared down at her. When she was finished with her tirade his arms fell from his chest and flung outward in an irritated gesture.

“If that’s how you want this to be then be my guest.” His voice had lowered to a dangerous rumble at the last three words which he drew out as if threatening her.

“I invited you out because I’m fucking stressed. Do you think I like this? Being cooped up here? With you? Do you think this is fun for me? Lying to my godfather?” He was pacing back and forth in front of her as he ranted questions at her. Questions that didn’t need answers.

He rounded back towards her and gestured at her with his index finger. “I need to be able to trust you. I need to know beyond a doubt that if I let you walk through that door that you won’t run and snitch on me. Maybe taking a fucking walk with me and picking out snacks could help this process along.” He rapped on his own head with that same index finger. “Think about that.”

He paused for just a moment but wasn’t entirely finished. “You seemed to trust me when I had you bent over in bed this morning. What happened? Huh?”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 11-02-2017

Julianna’s tirade continued, strong and unhindered even as he stalked towards her. It wasn’t until Owen flung his arms out and began his counter that she diminished. The gravelly tone of his voice had her sinking back into the couch. Deflated and defeated. She wasn’t glaring anymore, as she watched him stalk a short line back and forth in front of her. Lips parted as she gaped up at him, as if being stuck here together was her fault. As if she was terrible company besides.

Owen didn’t give her a chance to defend herself, not that she had much in the way of defense. He whirled around on her and started lecturing her on trust. In their short time together she’d noticed that he had picked up a habit of sometimes speaking to her as if she were stupid. Her mouth closed so quickly that her teeth clicked together in the brief silence.

When he reminded her of what had occurred between them not hours before (even though it wasn’t as if she could have forgotten) her hand automatically reached to cover the purple blemish he had left visible on her neck. Just below her ear and too high to cover with anything short of a turtle neck. “Fine,” she snapped and in a huff threw her upper body over the arm of the couch. It was pouty and defiant, but she had conceded to him nonetheless. She hadn’t been particularly fond of the bruise before, but now she hated it, and she was mad at him for leaving it. How dare he think he could mark her like that. “We can do whatever you want.”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 11-16-2017

A dramatic growl escaped from his throat as Owen clawed his fingers through his hair. Sure, she said they could do whatever he wanted, but she didn’t have to be so sullen about it. That verbal thundering of frustration was as far as he allowed his temper to go at the moment. He huffed through his mouth and crossed his arms over his chest.

Owen stood silently over her that way while he felt his anger cool off.

“Look. I’m sorry for what I said. Okay?” He sunk onto the couch next to her.

His voice became more and more gentle as spoke. “Whatever you need to do to get through this.” He conceded to her mood as his fingers brushed her hair over her shoulder revealing that mark he had left on her neck. “Someday this will all be a dream about a bad man who stole you from your life for a few days. Maybe the dream doesn’t have to be so bad, huh? Maybe we can take a walk and get some snacks and keep watching that dumb show tonight.”

He risked pressing a kiss to that mark he had left on her neck. It was strangely tender and not in the slightest bit patronizing. She smelled like his soap. He stroked her hair as he continued his attempt to put her at ease.

“Just give me a few days, Julianna. To watch the news. Contact my associates. Monitor the feds. Just a few days. Alright? Maybe someday years from now you’ll visit me in prison and we’ll laugh about how stupid all of this was.”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 12-28-2017

That first annoyed noise he made only caused Julianna to shrink deeper into the couch. She pulled her knees towards her chest and refused to look at him. She was jostled when he sat down next her. She whined as her body shifted towards his involuntarily, and she ended up pressed against his side. He was apologizing now, and Julianna continued to pout at him. Green eyes met his for a moment, until he revealed the blemish on her neck, and they fell away again.

Julianna froze as his face neared hers. She did not at all expect the trajectory his had chosen. She blinked at the opposite wall, surprised, when his lips met her neck and that mark he had left. Somehow it was working. The gentle tone of his voice and the soft way he touched her. That fear that had bubbled up in her, and that flash of anger subsided and she sunk against him. “I want hot chocolate,” she mumbled, staring down at her own hands as they twisted in her lap. “And a cronut.” She added the last to be exceptionally ridiculous. She didn’t know where the warehouse was exactly but she assumed it was a good distance from the city center and therefore terribly far from the best place to acquire the stupid pastry.

Julianna frowned at him, but it curled into a smirk. “What makes you think I would visit you in jail?”