alonimi
Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=698)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 02-16-2017

The sound of wax paper crinkling and a crunching bite of egg roll was encouraging to Owen. He watched Julianna eat with some satisfaction that in all other things she would ultimately bend to his will. And no sooner had the thought occurred to him than she revealed her phone code. He quickly committed it to memory without having to write it down.

“Five whole numbers?” He smiled approvingly and folded his arms across his chest. “Most people use four. Look at you, practically a security guru. I'm proud of you babe.” He complimented her sarcastically using a pet name less out of affection and more because he could.

When she revealed the best way to put off her most caring family members and friends he clapped his hands together. One quick clap followed by a curt bow of his head served as thanks for her cooperation. “I have some ice cream too. Do you like cookie dough?” He quickly offered another sweet treat as reward for good behavior. Apparently being a kidnapper was going to be a lot like training a rat - something he’d done in a psychology class in college. If there was a behavior you wanted to encourage there was nothing like a little positive reinforcement with delicious treats to keep that behavior coming.

He carelessly tossed down the DVD box set for Law & Order. It clattered nosily against the desk. Her iPhone he tucked away into the front pocket of his pants and he moved to his television with the DVD set of show she’d endorsed. He popped the disc from the casing and set it carefully down into the DVD reader he had plugged into the TV. The DVD menu started up with the semi-creepy and infamous Dexter theme. Owen selected the first episode and let it begin to play before he moved off into the kitchen for the ice cream he’d mentioned. The sounds narration followed him.

He balanced the ice cream carton with two spoons on top in one hand with two beers tucked under his armpit. Owen stopped on his way to the couch and held his hand out for Julianna like a peace offering.

“Come on. If this show is scary I’ll need you to hold my hand.” He smirked, but his hand was still extended for her to take.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 02-17-2017

Julianna snatched the little plastic fork from where he’d left it next to her provisional treats. She ignored the way he made fun of her pass code as she shoved noodles and vegetables into her mouth. “Yup,” she attempted over a mouthful of food, rice noodles tucked into her cheek like a chipmunk. She swallowed. Turning briefly to beam at him, too wide and too fake. Placating customer service smile, trying to ignore the pet names. “I’m proud of me too.” She pushed noodles around with the fork until she located another mushroom. She stabbed it with more force than absolutely necessary and popped it into her mouth. “You never would have figured it out.”.

She turned her back to him again when he started talking about ice cream. He thought he had her figured out. She frowned, slurping up the last of the noodles and setting the container back down. The water was next, she cracked it open and drank deeply from the bottle. She made a noise that was neither a yes or no to answer whether she liked cookie dough ice cream. With half the bottle gone she pulled it away from her mouth and sighed. She frowned, he thought he had a handle on her, but she had taken a psychology class too.

Wincing briefly as her other DVDs skidded across the desk, she watched as he walked towards her. Julianna glanced between the items he juggled and the hand he offered. She hesitated, twisting her hands around the water bottle. His joke made her laugh, it felt involuntary. A chirrup of a noise that she quickly silenced. He wasn’t allowed to be funny. He wasn’t allowed to entertain her, because he was ruining her life. “It’s not scary,” he replied, trying to sound exasperated with him. She tucked her feet beneath her in such a way that she wouldn’t flash him when he pulled up. She pressed a hand against his abdomen to keep from bumping into him; apparently one of her feet was asleep from sitting on the floor and she was unsteady. Pulling her hand away quickly, she let it fall to her side. Yup, he was still very... muscle-y.

Moving around him, she dumped herself on the couch. She picked one side, pressing herself up against the arm of it, feet on the cushions. The same hunched and protective posture she had initiated on the floor. Water bottle pressed between her knees. She surveyed him warily from her side of the couch.

“So, uhm, what’s your name?”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 03-01-2017

Though he would have never admitted it to her...he liked the way she ate. There was something raw and unabashed about the way she talked over a full mouth. She made no efforts towards traditional manners, don’t talk with your mouth full, don’t slurp, that sort of thing. And he found it rather refreshing. Almost adorable. Certainly not in line with the image he had of her as some polished corporate banker drone lady. One of those certainly wouldn’t slurp noodles at him.

He could also appreciate that her whole situation, the bombings and kidnapping, probably left her feeling emotionally raw in a way that made her less self-conscious about those sort of things.

What a weird way to bond.

But here they were.

He pulled her up easily enough, but she tripped, or something, and sort of fell against him hand pressing against his stomach for support. Without thinking, he caught her wordlessly around the back while she gathered herself but she pulled away quickly enough probably not wanting to be touched too much by him. He could hardly blame her.

He put the spoils (beer and ice cream) on the makeshift coffee table and went in search of an opener for the beer. Julianna meanwhile was situating herself. She seemed to want to occupy the farthest point of the couch and take up the least amount of space possible.

He smirked and practically fell into the couch with the beer opener in hand. Because she was determined to keep away from him, he practically crowded her. Sitting in the middle most cushion his large frame filled the space. He cracked open both beers but left hers on the table for her to claim at her leisure. His arms were slung carelessly over the back of the couch and he sipped at his beer casually watching the show on screen.

She was asking for information on him now. A name seemed harmless enough. He considered using a fake name, but what did it matter when she knew his face?

“You can call me Owen.” He said phrasing it as if to suggest that wasn’t his real name. But it was. If she ever ventured into the kitchen she would learn that Owen was his real name as his master’s degree was fastened to the fridge by a stupid magnet with a chicken on it. He called it his ‘chick magnet.’ Another one of his visual puns.

Owen placed the ice cream carton between his legs and dug at the frozen treat. When he’d gathered enough of it for a bite he stuck the spoon in his mouth and cleaned it off. The shining silver popped out his his mouth and he gestured at her with it, “You went to Harvard, right? Sorority girl?” He asked the questions almost distractedly as he surveyed the too frozen ice cream for the best approach for another scoop.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 03-04-2017

There was a whole couch. An entire second side of the couch and he had, she assumed, deliberately sat next to her. Filling up the space, as if to say the couch, the warehouse, and everything within it were his to do with as he pleased. Which, at the time being, included her. She adjusted her position to make up for the way his weight had shifted her, and to keep that small distance between them. She didn’t look at him, instead, Julianna chose to keep her eyes glued to the television. “Okay, Owen,” she replied, watching as the main character of the show, a serial killer, surprised his first victim.

Julianna paled, and swallowed hard, shoving locks of hair behind her ear. There was nothing to equate her situation to what was happening on the screen, and it was possible she was being oversensitive, but a cold dread pitted in her stomach.

Inhaling deeply, she leaned forward and grabbed the second beer off the table. At the very least, perhaps a bit of alcohol would calm her nerves. She took a swig, and her brow furrowed as if there was something offensive about the liquid. Pulling the bottle away from her mouth, she forced herself to swallow and frowned at the label. Her eyes briefly flickered to him, turning her sights and her frown towards him instead. “I went to Yale,” she corrected, and her tone was enough to convey her disgust at his Harvard suggestion. She looked back at the label. An IPA. Why would anyone willingly buy an IPA? Had it been on sale? Julianna looked at him again. He definitely seemed like the type to buy a shitty beer because it was on sale. She held her breath and powered her way through another sip. Beggars couldn’t be choosers after and she didn’t want him to catch on to her disappointment and think her ungrateful. After draining about half of the beer, she set it back on the table and traded it for the second spoon.

Julianna moved closer to Owen. Just enough to lean slightly and dip her spoon into the ice cream. She scooped from the outside edge, closer to the cardboard carton, the dessert was significantly softer there, having been warmed by his hands and his thighs. “I was briefly in a sorority,” she explained. Chatting because she was playing along. The spoon disappeared into her mouth, and she spoke over the ice cream. “It wasn’t really my thing.”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 04-10-2017

Though she did a little to hide her displeasure and even forced down half the bottle, Owen could tell by that little frown that she did not prefer the beer. What did he care? An associate had left it in his fridge after a meeting and he’d been desperate to pawn it off on anyone.

Now he had a captive forced to politely drink shitty beer. What a silly situation.

Owen scoffed loudly and rudely when she admitted her alma mater. “Yale?” He rolled his eyes and leaned back. He groaned dramatically at the ceiling, wiping his hand down his face as if completely exasperated. “That explains everything.”

“She’s a Yale-y.” He said to the ceiling as if it would understand the implication. “Banker girl with no common sense would be totally a Yale-y. What else could she be? How did I not see this before?”

He was completely not paying attention to the television anymore. Completely wrapped up in the drama of school rivalries.

“I,” the vowel was pronounced with grandiosity as Owen gestured to his chest, “went to Harvard. I was a Pike.” He toasted shitty beer to his school and his fraternity. “Class of oh five.” Owen gulped at the beer as if drinking for his buddies.

A little quick math based on his graduation year revealed that Mr. Harvard grad Pike house frat boy turned terrorist “Owen” was likely in his early thirties.

Once done bragging about his pedigree, Owen carved more ice cream for himself following along with Julianna’s technique of scraping the soft parts around the edges. “So why didn’t you like the sorority?” He asked as he fed himself more ice cream. After the bite he leaned back and let his arm fall across the cushion behind Julianna’s back. He really had no appreciation for how much of the couch he was domineering.

Typical frat boy manspread.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 04-18-2017

Julianna frowned over the spoon in her mouth as he rolled her eyes at her alma mater. Pulled the spoon from her mouth, teeth scraping silver, to frown even more as he referred to her as having no common sense. They didn’t see eye-to-eye on that particular matter, which is why she was stuck here with him.

Her school was a great school.

It was definitely better than his school.

She made a disgusted noise in her throat when he lauded himself as a Harvard grad. Another one as he went on the out himself as a Pike, though it was more muffled than the last by the beer bottle she brought back to her lips. “Oh my god,” she muttered as she pulled the bottle away. As if she could discern just as much from his school, as he thought he could from hers. “I can’t say I’m surprised,” she continued under her breath. More so damning him for her own benefit; it didn’t do much to make her feel better about the situation.

So her kidnapper was a college graduate. Cool, great. Way to put those skills to good use. “I didn’t know they had courses on terrorism and kidnapping at Harvard,” she complained, leaning in for more ice cream.

Retreating with her own spoon full of frozen dessert, she was forced to rearrange herself once more as he took of more of the couch. She whittled down the too big scoop of ice cream down her small licks, glancing over her shoulder at the arm that he dropped behind her. She looked at him as if to ask really. She felt as if she was tucked into the corner against the arm of the couch by the angle of his long legs. Her own were still tucked up near her chest.

“They want you to do too much stuff,” she explained of sororities over a lick of ice cream. “I didn’t have time for benefit luncheons and bikini car washes. I wasn’t meeting their ‘required extracurricular hours’ and I got booted.”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 04-22-2017

Owen fixed his captive with a dead-eye sort of stare. “Global finance is a course on terrorism.” He said with utter seriousness. If this line had been delivered by perhaps anyone else it would have been a joke. But he clearly was not kidding around.

Julianna kept seeming to move away from him, getting smaller and more crushed against the arm of the couch. Apparently, his closeness was making her uncomfortable. He scooted over some to give her a little more space, but he did so in the guise of closing up the ice cream and pushing it away on his coffee table. He hadn’t asked her if she was finished, but apparently according to him she was.

Owen narrowed his eyes in a look of skepticism as she described her reasons for quitting the sorority. “Is that really why you quit?” He pursed his lips and seemed to weigh her closely in his mind. “I feel like...you’re not telling the whole truth. I feel like it was a money issue.”

He was grasping at straws in that estimation but he had taken the chance to review some of Julianna’s bills when they were at her apartment. A sorority girl from Yale who had graduated with student loans. Finances were a problem for her. Sorority girls at Ivy League schools didn’t typically need to borrow to attend school. It felt like an accurate conclusion.

At some point, the conversation came to a lull and they settled to watching a few episodes of Dexter in relative silence. During this Owen finished off three more beers giving himself a decent buzz. He nodded off somewhere in the middle of the third episode having somehow neglected the presence of his captive. Or perhaps he expected her to behave herself. Perhaps she seemed docile enough.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 05-15-2017

Julianna had been interested in more ice cream, not that she would say anything about it. She just watched him close up the container, somewhat forlornly, and fiddled with the spoon. “I just didn’t like it,” she snapped back. “Greek life is like a weird cult, which you should know. I don’t why anyone would like it.” She leaned forward to drop the spoon the table, it clattered noisily until it stopped against the ice cream container. “What do you care, anyway?”

The lull was mostly in part to Julianna deliberately shifting her position on the couch until she was facing the television. She very pointedly kept her attention on the show, even though she was already somewhat lost with what was going on. She did her best to ignore Owen, and didn’t open up into the space he had inadvertently given her by moving. She kept her arms crossed tight against her chest.

In the silence she was able to piece together the show and actually get into it. About halfway through the first episode she looked over at Owen, to share a mutual frown about the cut-up body that was just found displayed on a hockey rink.

She found him asleep however. Which puzzled her at first. He was a really shitty kidnapper. Literally, falling asleep and leaving her to roam is domicile unsupervised. Julianna, however, immediately read this as an opportunity she wasn’t going to waste.

Carefully, she dropped her legs and lifted herself off of the couch, careful of making too much noise or shifting the cushions. She was holding her breath, most unintentionally, as she stood over him and waited for any signs of waking. She slipped past him, and when she’d gathered some distance, she darted across the warehouse on the balls of her feet. Stocking cushioning most of the noise. A shaking but quiet exhale as she reached the door. Her hands were shaking as she fumbled with locks. She kept looking over her shoulder to find Owen unmoved. With a deep inhale that did nothing to calm her she turned the last of the locks and pulled the door open.

Her eyes widened as she was greeted with the most awful and terrifying screech she had ever heard. Like hinges that hadn’t been oiled in a hundred years. Like a ghost of Christmas past or some other nonsense that was determined to ruin her life. “Oh my fucking god,” she said out loud, because her attempts at stealth were all but ruined.

But she was halfway to freedom and her lack of shoes and the sounds of Owen rousing on the couch didn’t stop her from making a run for it.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 05-22-2017

That door could rouse a dead man.

And luckily for Owen, a very inexperienced kidnapper who fell asleep to crime dramas with his captive on the loose, the squealing woke him.

He jumped awake actually because the noise startled him more than anything. And then her voice came to him from somewhere in the dark saying fuck words in disbelief.

He also had a few choice F bombs as he clamored over the couch to chase after her.

Julianna was fast for a short woman with no shoes on. But Owen’s long legs carried him farther and faster than hers could in a single stride. The bottoms of his also barefeet slapped the pavement rhythmically and loudly as he worked into a full sprint to catch her.

He locked both arms around her waist from behind saying “Oh no you don’t,” as he snatched her mid-stride. It was all too easy for him to stop her, lift her from the ground, tuck under his arm like a bag of dog food, and start back to his warehouse at a leisurely walking pace.

His heart was beating rapidly and he breathed heavily while recovering from the sudden exertion.

“Seriously?” He growled at her in frustration. “You let me fall asleep. I missed the end of the episode.”

He complained as he hauled the unruly banker back inside and closed the awful screaming door.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 05-23-2017

Though aware of his approach, Julianna kept pushing forward. She didn't know where she was running to or how far she would get, but he was gaining on her. And like the distance between her chances of escape were slimming. She was so focused on running and breathing and getting away from him that she didn't notice he was already behind her. Arms locked around her waist, lifted her from the ground and she squealed.

“Put me down!” she demanded, huffing and trying to catch her own breath while slamming against his arms with her fists. Julianna fidgeted and wiggled and tried to get out of his grasp. She didn't appreciate how easily she was tucked under his arm like an unruly puppy.

By the time they returned to the warehouse, she simply gone limp in his arms, determined to make herself as heavy as possible. Which given her stature, still wasn't too encumbering for the giant man. He all but dumped her back in the middle of the floor, on top of that stupid pile of dresses, and returned to lock the door.

“That sounds like a you problem,” she bit back, his complaints and her return banter felt ridiculous in the light of the situation. She'd been trying to escape a kidnapping and he was upset that he'd missed the end of the episode.

“It was good,” she continued, pushing herself off the floor and kicking at the pile of dresses. Her stockings were ruined. “Spoiler alert,” she added, bitterly. “It wasn't the security guard.”

Julianna frowned at him.

Petty.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 05-23-2017

“Actually Julianna,” He said clapping his hands annoyingly with each syllable, “It’s a you problem.” He emphasized you with two aggressive finger guns in her direction. The sarcasm slid of him in thick acidic waves.

Once the door was secured, he crossed the room in quick strides. “Do you wanna know why?” He asked as he continued across the room to rummage around in a duffle bag under his desk. “Because you’re going to have to re-watch the episode with me.” He stopped rummaging to half turn towards her, tapping his temple aggressively with his index finger. “Didn’t think of that did we?” He turned back and was now moving to search a drawer for something. “Of course you didn’t, Yale-y. And that’s why I’m the brains here.” He stopped to smirk at her. "And the brawn, it seems."

He was definitely gloating at how easily he'd manhandled her.

He’d found what he was looking for and crossed the room with an object hidden behind his back. Raising his eyebrow mischievously, Owen presented her with handcuffs. “Time for bed.” He said with a voice that was intended to be mock sexy.

“You, missy.” He said as he snatched at her arm jerking her back to her feet. “Have lost whatever privileges you had before.” The cuffs were dangling from his index finger in front of her face. “Would you like to change out of that before we sleep tonight? You have a whole array of beautiful dresses to choose from."

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 05-24-2017

Julianna wanted to punch Owen in his smug, handsome face. The fact that he was so attractive made her angrier. She didn’t want to like the way her towered over her. She didn’t want to like the way he had been able to haul her back inside almost effortlessly. A kidnapping made even worse by the knowledge that she’d let him throw her around in another context if she wasn’t his literal prisoner.

The shitty way her said her name, punctuated with claps. Those condescending taps to his temple. That smirk. Somehow all conspiring against her. Her heart was beating fast and it wasn’t from fear. Or maybe it was, yes it was, she would convince herself that it was. She was in shock. She was not at all inexplicably aroused by the situation. She flopped on the couch and crossed her arms over her chest, pressing her knees together.

Owen was walking towards her with something hidden behind his back and tha should have worried her more than it did, but she only found herself to be curious, because insofar his surprise had been DVDs and ice cream. Her gaze lingered on the handcuffs. Julianna’s first reaction upon seeing the shining silver cuffs was not fear, she refused to acknowledge the actual feeling so she channeled it into angry.

“You’re not putting those on me,” she said defiantly despite her having no position to defy anything.

She huffed in protest when he grabbed her arm and pulled her from the couch. How easily he manipulated her. Her eyes tracked the cuffs as they swung in front of her vision. “Privileges,” she repeated, voice pitching. “You. Kidnapped. Me!” She punctuated her words with punches to his arm, because she still wanted to hit him and he was close enough. They were by no means devastating blows, and his bicep had only slightly more give than a rock would. She huffed and tried to pull her arm free of his grip.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 05-24-2017

“Oh I most certainly am.” He threatened.

And that threat was not in the slightest bit empty.

Owen grabbed both of her hands with his to stay her from punching at him. The blows did not hurt him at all, but they were annoying and quite childish. There was something cute about it though. It would be a lie to say he didn’t enjoy how easy it was for him to stop her, to apprehend slim wrists. He could take them both into one hand, and he did.

“You approached me! While I was blowing up a building! Do you -” He growled in frustration, glaring back at her green eyes. “You left me with no choice!”

While he still had her hands, he slapped the cuffs onto one wrist and tightened it. Not enough to hurt her but enough so that she wouldn't be able to slip out easily. He tested that by tugging at it towards her hand. Seemed secure enough.

“This is your last chance to change out of those clothes.” He warned. “You have some dresses here or -” he released her to turn away and cross the room to where a dresser was pushed against the wall. Owen jerked open the drawer and ripped a t-shirt out from a pile folded inside. “You can wear this.” He tossed it in her direction as he approached. One of his old Harvard Crew team t-shirts.

His arms were folded over his chest while he gave her a chance to figure out whether she wanted to wear clean, comfortable clothes or not. He gave her a few more minutes to decide, turning away from her, he returned to his dresser and proceeded to change into clean clothes himself. Well, really he stripped off his day clothes and put on fresh boxers. He was not shy of his nudity in front of her, though he kept his back to her.

When he was finished, he turned back to see what her choice would be. Apparently he would be sleeping in just boxers.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 05-24-2017

This was getting worse. She was making it worse. Julianna quickly shut up and swallowed hard as she looked down at how easily he held both of her wrists in one hand. She glowered back at him, when he tried to stare her down. “Don’t blow up buildings,” she countered, she was loud but not quite yelling. She refused to really see how any of this was her fault when she was just trying to be a decent human being. He was the one committing acts of terror and kidnapping women.

She tried to free herself from him before the cuff was applied to her wrist, but it was useless and now the most unflattering piece of jewelry was attached to her arm. She snatched her hand away from him, wincing when the unattached cuff smacked against her knee. Julianna ignored him as he issued more warnings, leaning forward to rub at the annoying stinging sensation.

Just barely catching the shirt that was thrown in her direction, she huffed and held it out to inspect it. She made a face at the Harvard that was posted across the front in an intimidating font. When she dropped the shirt she was mostly nude, with his back to her. Some sort of surprised squeak of a noise emitted from her and she pushed the shirt against her face, but that wasn’t to say she didn’t get a decent peak at his toned backside first.

The t-shirt wasn’t exactly the equivalent of a shower and silk pajamas. She turned away from his as she unbuttoned her blouse. She let the article fall in with the pile of dresses and yanked the shirt down of her head. He was tall and she was not, and the fabric fell well to mid thigh. The jingle of the cuffs annoyed her as she also removed her bra, skirt and ruined stockings. She mostly pretended he wasn’t there while she did so.

She considered making another run for it.

When she was finished she turned around and made a sweeping sort of satisfied? gesture with her arms. Annoyed, she wiggled the wrist with the handcuff attached, wondering what he was going to affix her too.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 05-26-2017

After turning back towards her, he stopped suddenly. Almost imperceptible was that brief hesitation in his approach. He was rather stunned, for lack of better words, at the fetching way she swam in his shirt.

A small frame engulfed in his shirt that hung around shapely thighs. She almost looked like she belonged to him.

Well, truthfully, she kind of did.

Given that he’d kidnapped her.

“You look comfortable.” He managed to hide his momentary hesitation when confronted with her attractiveness with this pointed statement. Meaning to suggest she might perhaps like the feeling of being clothed nearly literally in him.

Owen snatched at the cuffs on her wrist and fixed the unoccupied side to his own wrist. He’d left the keys somewhere else, hadn’t even risked showing them to her, lest she get any funny ideas.

“Time for bed.” He announced as he moved off towards where a bed was shoved up against the wall with a mountain of tumbled sheets and a comforter on top.

He pulled her after him with no concern for whether she wanted to come. She didn’t have a choice.

He climbed into the bed, barely giving her a chance to follow him. She’d tumble into bed or she’d make it gracefully.

Owen pulled and tugged at the sheets and comforter until they laid flat over him and then he reached for the bedside lamp. He seemed largely unconcerned with what his movements were doing with the arm attached to him. She was forced to move with him. There was just nothing to be done about that.

They were flooded in complete darkness after one click. He settled in next to her. Their arms pressed together to ensure the cuffs were comfortable for both. He stilled. He could feel the warmth of her next to him. Hear her breathing. The skin of her arm felt soft where it touched his.

Shit. How was he supposed to sleep under these conditions. Owen sighed audibly.