alonimi
Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=698)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 12-27-2016

Julianna had no explanation for herself. She had no thoughts on her fight or flight responses and why they always pushed her towards fight. Quite possible it was her string of bad luck and stubborn attitude that kept her where she was. Planted next to a man she knew helped demolish at least one building already. The same dangerous mix of character traits that once had her punch a would-be mugger in the throat. The same thing that left her listening to boyfriend after boyfriend walk out of her door, because she refused to watch them do it.

She didn’t want to play the damsel, or the victim, or the witness or the unsuspecting passerby. She refused to sit idly while things went to shit around her. But Julianna wasn’t really prepared, physically or mentally to handle being the one who saved the day.

His hand encircled her wrist, and just like with her shoulders she was reminded of how large he was. Julianna glared up at him. Green eyes narrowed, her mouth a thin line, but she pulled her hand out of her pocket and she didn’t scream.

He drew a small noise of protest from her as he pulled her arm; she stepped towards him to keep upright, but she still fell hard against his chest. She struggled because she didn’t know when to give up. Another panicked noise, stifled by the rag against her face. After a few moments, she went still, eyes rolling towards the back of her head as she went limp.

Julianna woke up in her apartment, on her couch, fully clothed down to her shoes and she didn’t remember how she got there. She groaned, pushing herself onto her elbows. She had a splitting headache and a strange tingle in the back of her throat. Had she gone out? No, she didn’t feel nauseous so this wasn’t another case of post-drinking blackout.

She sat up and surveyed her immediate surroundings, vaguely disoriented as weird details came back to her first. Julianna sat up all the way, initially she ignored the black spot in her periphery, blaming it on a hangover she didn’t remember earning.

Because she hadn’t. She rubbed her hands over her face as she remembered. Pushing hands through her hair she groaned, remembering how she approached a known terrorist and futilely tried to stop him from blowing up another building. She had threatened him, of course she had threatened him because she was an idiot. Then he drugged and...had taken her back to her apartment?

Turning at the waist, she whipped her head around to address that black spot in her periphery. He was there, of course he was there, sitting at her kitchen table like he belonged there. She expected to see him, but his presence still elicited a small surprised yelp from her. “What are you doing here?” she asked weakly, pressing fingers to her left temple. “Did you go through my stuff?” At the very least, her purse since he’d taken her back to her own apartment. “What do you want?”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 12-27-2016

With one white earbud buried into his ear, Owen was bobbing his head listening to music while he waited for Julianna to awake. He’d learned her name from her I.D. and mail. Pretty name. Julianna. Pretty name for a pretty girl. For a pretty annoying girl.

She was slowly rising to a seated position and orientating herself to her surroundings. He continued bopping to the beat while he waited for her to figure out where she was.

Instead of answering her, he brought a bottle of water from her fridge and a bottle of Ibuprofen to the coffee table. “Headache? Found that in your medicine cabinet.” He shoved the ibuprofen at her with his index. An encouragement to relieve the pounding in her head.

He pulled her iPod from his back pocket and showed her her own music selection. “Gotta love Ricky Martin.” He put the free earbud up next to her own ear to let her hear the end to ‘Livin La Vida Loca.’

“We are here to get you a bag packed because after all the threats you made I cannot, in good conscious, let you go free. You’re going to be coming with me for a while until I figure out what to do with you.”

He spread his hands and shrugged as if the matter was not entirely up to him. The final chorus to the song faded out and Owen removed the ear buds. He rolled the iPod up in the earphone cord and stuck it back in his pocket as if it were his.

“Are there any snacks you want to bring?” He asked moving away from her then and towards her kitchen. This man apparently had no understanding that a kidnapper usually wasn’t so considerate of their abductee’s want for a particular treat. To be fair, this was his first kidnapping and it was going well so far. He would learn on the job. Improvise. He had taken a couple of improv classes at the comedy club in college. Should be no problem.

Except that kidnapping wasn’t supposed to be fun...or funny. At all.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 12-27-2016

Julianna adjusted her position on the couch as he moved closer, bringing her knees towards her chest in one of her more default defensive positions. She kept her hands tucked behind her knees and made no move for the water and pills he offered. Her medicine cabinet. That, at the very least, answered one of her questions. The others remained a mystery. Her eyes dropped to the iPod, and she shied away from him as he held the other half of the earbuds in her direction. Normally, she would find a Ricky Martin chorus hilarious, but now was not that time. She moved to the opposite end of the couch.

“What?” Her voice pitched higher with a mix of confusion and annoyance. She looked around the room as if there would be some sort of explanation freshly painted on her walls. “I’m not…” she paused to watch the way he confiscated her mp3 player. She scoffed. “I’m not going anywhere with you.” She pressed more heavily to the arm of the couch, cementing the finality of her words with her posture.

With a groan she pushed her hands through her hair, upsetting the delicate victory rolls she had pinned into it that morning. “I don’t want snacks,” she snapped. The conversation was absurd but for some reason she continued to respond to it. She turned to watch him move around her kitchen. She spied her purse on the table, and figured her phone must have been close by. If he was smart he had the device on him, and Julianna already knew that he was smart. Jules continued to watch him, the bottom half of her face hidden by the back of the couch. She resembled a child peeking in on something they shouldn’t be. Watching Santa put presents under the tree.

She was already in her own apartment, why would she leave with him voluntarily? She considered that she had not been brought to her own apartment voluntarily, but he wouldn’t drug her again. Would he? Julianna stood, quickly and suddenly and crossed the small space of her one bedroom to disappear into said bedroom and close the door behind her. It didn’t lock, which was unfortunate, but it did well to solidify her intentions.

“I’m not going with you,” she repeated voice muffled by the barrier as she settled herself in the middle of the bed.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 12-28-2016

Owen rummaged around in Julianna’s refrigerator even while she declined snacks. Her phone vibrated in his pocket, he balanced the fridge door on his hip to check the phone. On her lock screen he read a part of a text message seemingly from a concerned co-worker, or friend, or perhaps family member. He couldn’t tell from the name alone. Did you make it out okay?!?! I saw that - Owen shoved the phone back into his front pocket.

Of course he would have to kidnap someone with friends. Why couldn’t she be a shut-in or something? He groaned and opened the freezer. A carton of turtle ice cream caught his attention. The sound of a door shutting and Julianna’s voice behind it. She didn’t even try to run, she just went and holed up in her room like a, well, a turtle.

He snorted to himself and took the carton of ice cream.

As a kidnapper, one is not typically so concerned with their victim’s privacy, but Owen stopped outside her bedroom door and rapped on it lightly. A warning that he was coming in. He pushed it open and filled the doorway. “You are going with me Julianna,” he said with a kind of quiet parental insistence. The way a father might encourage his toddler to clean up her toys. It was an imperative. He carved at the frozen ice cream in the carton and shoveled a scoop into his mouth.

“You sure you don’t want to bring this?” He said between rapid bites. “This is my favorite. It was on sale last week right? I thought I saw that in the supermarket ad? There was a coupon too. Did you use that? Practically giving the stuff away.” He rattled on about coupons and deals as if they were soccer moms or poor college kids or something.

He moved then to her closet and threw the doors open. “So what do you want to bring? Oh. Your friend or whoever texted you. I don't know your lock code so.” He shrugged. "I couldn't tell her you were okay."

She was okay in the sense that she didn't get blown to smithereens. However, it seemed lost on him that she wasn't okay because she was actively been kidnapped.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 12-28-2016

Julianna glared at him as he pushed open the door and entered the room without her permission. She sat on the coverlet, decorated in pastel flowers, looking the picture of a petulant child. Which was befitting of the tone he was using with her. She had her arms crossed over her chest. The fit of the pencil skirt didn't allow her to cross her legs, so they were tucked beneath her in modesty. The heels she'd worn were abandoned near the foot of the bed. At some point she'd gotten a run in her stocking. Her glare faded into something softer, slightly mocking but mostly confused. “No, I'm not,” she repeated with a cadence that suggested it should have been obvious. Fingers tucked beneath her arms splayed out in a way that said ‘duh’ with a gesture.

The ice cream had been on sale and she had used a coupon. She had purchased two cartons. One of them had already been consumed in a self-pity party after last weekends wedding, but she wasn't going to tell him that. She cocked her head, watching him stuff his face with dessert somewhat incredulously. More in awe of the casual nature in which he was attempting to abduct her. “You can have it,” she replied sarcatsicslly through clenched teeth, before turning her face away from him, staring instead at the orange and green bridesmaid dress she had worn before the ice cream binge. It was her favorite flavor too. Too bad she wouldn't be enjoying it.

He crossed back into her line of vision when he moved to the closet. She frowned. He looked even taller on the small spaces of her apartment and that was admittedly a bit intimidating. She perked when he mentioned someone had messaged her. For a moment, Julianna had forgotten there were other problems to deal with besides the terrorist in her apartment. The fact that her place of employment had just been destroyed for example. She had a lot of acquaintances, a lot of co-workers and friends of friends that liked the way she was good at managing things and thought she was pretty enough to be in wedding photos. Hence the collection of gaudy dresses. However only a few of them would be texting to see if she was okay.

"I'm not okay?” She reminded him, adjusting legs that were going tingling with numbness beneath her own weight. “She'll come looking for me if she doesn't get a reply.” That was assuming it was Maeve who had contacted her. Her best friend since college. “Other people too,” she warned. “You blew up my job. They'll be worried if I just go missing."

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 12-28-2016

From across the room, Owen jabbed an index finger at her again with parental insistence. “You are.” He practically growled at her before loading his mouth with another scoop of ice cream. “Now get a bag together. Or I’ll do it for you and you won’t like what I pick.” He warned.

Owen crossed the room, and pulled the a couple of blinds down with his finger to peak out of the triangle shaped opening he’d created. A view of the street below. He scoffed disdainfully at her suggestion that she wasn’t ‘okay.’ In his estimation she was doing just fine, especially since he had no intention whatsoever of hurting her. He considered this kidnapping a sort of detention. A quarantine. It was for her and his own good.

“You’ll be fine.” Owen pulled out her phone again and wiggled it at her mockingly. “And your friends - welp- they’ll just have to worry now won’t they? Since you won’t cooperate with me.”

The phone disappeared into his pocket once again and Owen re-crossed the room back to the closet. He grabbed a duffel bag from the top shelf and tossed it to the floor. “You're coming with me one way or another. The easy way or the hard way.” He gestured impatiently to the bag at his feet and gave it a little kick for good measure.

"Now pack."

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 12-28-2016

Julianna remained silent. Annoyingly, defiantly silent. And she didn't move. She didn't shift or drop her arms. She remained firmly situated in the center of the bed as if she had some warped idea that there was nothing he could do about it. He was all talk, she had surmised. Maybe they could just argue back and forth until he got tired of her. She was good at that. Being stubborn enough that men eventually tired of her. They all left eventually, maybe he would too.

She dropped her hands into her lap, eyes tracking the phone he was waving in front of her. She'd had to get a new one after the first explosion. She'd had to get replacements for a lot of things. Everything she'd kept in her purse including her identification, various keys and stupid accoutrements. A new phone, a new iPod (he now had control of both) and copies of her degrees that had been proudly displayed on the wall behind her desk.

Uncurling her legs she bounced towards the end of the bed, but only to peer over the edge of it to the bag he'd left on the floor. A paisley-patterned Vera Bradley duffel, embroidered with the symbols of the symbols of the sorority she had been quick to get kicked out of. She'd kept the undeniably cute bag. She rearranged herself so that her feet hung over the edge of the bed, they didn't reach the floor. She looked up at him.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 01-01-2017

Owen continued to work at the ice cream under the weight of her silent gaze. He shoveled more of the frozen treat into his mouth even when she started to move. He was hopeful for a second that she might be willing to comply with his instructions. When she merely stared at the bag, with her feet hanging off the bed like an impudent child, he closed up the ice cream and set it down on the night stand table. He crossed his arms over his chest and shoved the bag at her with a forceful kick.

“Get going. Now.”

It didn’t seem like she was going to make this easier for either of them, so he turned away from her and went back into her living room to retrieve his backpack. When he returned he had the same rag he’d used to dose her with chloroform earlier.

“Last chance.”

He warned as he stalked towards her with the rag in hand ready to knock her out again. Owen took the top of her arm and held her still while he pressed the rag once again over her airway forcing her to breathe the chemical. When she went limp, he let her body lay back on the bed and worked to pack her things for her. Out of spite, he gathered together all of the terrible bridesmaid dresses she had collected over the years for her to wear. He planned for her to wake on his floor on a bed of tulle. Aside from her dresses, he quickly packed the duffel bag with her entire underwear drawer and stuffed other items from her drawers and closet at random. He did not know what she would have wanted and he intended to teach her a lesson on future compliance.

On the way to his residence, which was a warehouse converted living space, Owen stopped for Vietnamese take out. The warehouse had a rolling garage door which allowed him to pull his car - a seemingly brand new red Audi - into the building. Aside from where he parked the car by the garage door, Owen had laid down a mismatched collection of rugs to cover the floor. He found the high ceiling warehouse difficult to light, without resorting to the unsightly fluorescent lights that lined the ceiling. So Owen settled for several lamps around the periphery of the living space. It provided a sufficient lighting, though the ceiling loomed high and dark overhead. The living space contained simple furnishings including a leather couch facing a blank wall where a projector could cast TV or movies - but mostly the news. Other than the television for diversion, Owen owned a stationary rowing machine which was also situated to face the projector wall. The open living space sort of blended together - the furnishings being the only sign as to what part of the room was for what function. A large bed was found in the middle of the room. Like an island with mountains of blankets and sheets on it. He'd set up a modest office of sorts marked by a desk with several monitors and sprawled components to what a reasonable person might conclude would become an explosive. He'd converted a part of the building into a modest, functional kitchen and a small bathroom off.

Just as he'd planned, Owen made a pile of numerous dresses he'd taken from Julianna's closet. He placed her on the bed of dresses in the middle of his makeshift living room. He situated himself in his office and he fed himself from the take out while he waited for Julianna to wake. He patrolled the news sites for what the media would say about the latest banking industry attack.

He cursed aloud when it occurred to him that he had left the carton of ice cream to melt on Julianna's bedside table. A shame he'd forgotten to bring it.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 01-02-2017

Julianna had another headache when she woke up. The previous one hadn’t gone away, so it was sort of like having two headaches layered on top of each other. Such as a bass drum in the back of her brain and an over-eager snare in the front of it. There was an accompanying burning sensation in her throat, which was undoubtedly due her double dosing of chloroform.

She didn’t need to open her eyes to know she didn’t know where she was, so she didn’t bother. The dim light filtering through her eyelids was enough to annoy her anyway.

Curiosity eventually got the best of her. She could tell she was on a floor, but there was something underneath her cheek that was irritating and scratchy. She opened her eyes, gaze falling and bright pink tulle filling her vision. She bolted upright, twisting her body to see the whole of the pile of clashing taffeta and organza and bows and ruffles that had been dumped together in a makeshift bed. No, no, no, no, no on repeat in her head as she grabbed at handfuls of fabric and stared in horror as she lifted up that awful orange dress from last weekend. She scoffed, and the sound was more akin to a stunned squeak. She released the dress and it fell into a heap in her lap. One hand pushed into her hair, smoothing it away from her forehead while the other covered her face.

Julianna didn’t need to turn around to know he was somewhere in the vicinity behind her. She could hear him moving. Likely, watching her with amusement. She shifted on the layer of dresses, bringing her knees closer to her chest. It was quickly becoming her default posture. Her heart was beginning to race as the fog cleared for her brain and she assessed the severity of her situation.

She had been kidnapped. For real kidnapped like she was in an episode of Law & Order or something. Her abductor was a dangerous, potentially violent criminal. Terrorist. She forced herself to breathe as she focused on the opposite wall. She glanced around the room from her periphery. An open space with an echo. A warehouse? Probably. Of course he would have a hideout in a warehouse like some sort of cliche. She would much rather be watching this play out to someone else on an episode of one of her procedural shows. Julianna tucked her elbows closer to her sides and hid her hands behind her knees as if she could make herself smaller and continued to glare at the opposite wall. Unwilling to give him the potential satisfaction of a panic or acknowledgement.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 01-09-2017

The sounds of rustling tulle and movement on the periphery of his vision captured Owen’s attention. He continued to shovel noodles into his mouth while he observed Julianna come to from the dosing. It wasn’t hard to deduce from the protecting posture - basically a fetal position - that she was frightened. He watched her for a few moments to see if she would address him, but she refused to look at him or speak.

Fine. Have it your way.

A few more mouthfuls of noodles and a guilty sort of feeling set in. As much guilt as he could feel while also blaming her for forcing him into this situation.

Rolling wheels scraped across concrete floor as Owen shoved away from his desk. He gathered up some provisions for Julianna - a carton of pho, a crinkling baggie of spring rolls, a bottle of water, and a bottle of Advil. Rounding her so that they were facing each other, Owen knelt and placed the items on the floor in a neat line.

“I have that...dipping sauce for the spring rolls if you want some.” He offered, still crouching in front of her. “Do you have a headache? You should drink some water.”

He was trying to be nice. Trying to be encouraging and helpful. Maybe even comforting.

She didn’t have her freedom, given that she was his captive, but she didn’t need to suffer unnecessarily.

“We need to contact your family and friends. Whoever would be missing you. So they, ya' know, don’t miss you. For a while at least, while I figure things out. We need to give them a plausible story as to where you’d be. Okay?”

He kept his voice calm and low in keeping with his attempt to be attentive to her apprehension of him.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 01-10-2017

When he entered her periphery, she watched him as he walked around to face her. When he lowered himself into her line of sight, she cast her eyes away from him again. Currently, uninterested in looking him in the face. Julianna looked down at the items he placed near her. Her stomach clenched in hunger as the smell of the food wafted over to her. Her throat felt like a desert and her head continued to pound. Still, she made no move to take his offerings.

Green eyes darted upwards to meet grey as he mentioned sauce. The top half of of her face read suspicious while the bottom half was hidden by her knees. Admittedly, that wasn’t the first thing she was expecting him to say.

Julianna waited him out, her eyes tracking for any changes in his expression.

He started to talk about contacting her family and she straightened her spine with a deep inhale. She turned her head in one direction and then the other, taking in the interior as he continued to speak. Her legs were starting to cramp, so she stretched them out in front of her. Angling them to the side to avoid the row of provisions. She crossed them at the ankles, still aware of the cut of her skirt despite her situation.

She didn’t like the way he was speaking to her, even if it were for her benefit. She was not a skittish damsel that couldn’t handle the reality of what had happened to her. Especially since she had brought it upon herself. The breath she was holding was released in an exasperated sigh. Her shoulders slumped and her hands fell out of her lap to curl fingers into the mix of fabrics beneath her.

“All my contacts are in my phone,” she informed as if that information were helpful, lifting a hand to wave it meaninglessly. She wouldn’t put it past him to know how to get into her phone without her pass code. He seemed resourceful after all. “I have no interest in helping you keep people from wondering where I am.” She frowned at him. She dropped her hand again to pull at a silk rose that peeked out from beneath the mound of dresses. “My work was destroyed and now I am missing. I just have to wait for someone to start looking for me.”

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 01-18-2017

Julianna mostly gave him silence. Preferring to let him watch her thoughts play out on her face. Though determined to refuse to communicate with him, she was bad about policing her features. She had tracked him on his approach as if measuring whether he was acutely dangerous. The same sort of apprehensive expression marred her brow even when she hid her face behind her knees.

She looked around the room orienting herself to the environment offering him the opportunity to appreciate her features in profile. Though he found her to be unnecessarily annoying when he was giving her every reason to be calm and reasonable, he had to admit she was a pretty woman. Cute nose in profile and delicate lips. Legs exposed by her work skirt stretched out in front of her.

He shoved the thoughts from his mind, turning his own face away from her in frustration as she made her promises to continue to make his life difficult.

Why would he expect any different.

Determined on the heroine route, he supposed. Poor girl spent too much time watching TV dramas.

“Look,” he said with more aggression in his tone. The baritone in his voice filled out with the word to grab her attention. “Nobody is coming for you. Not your family. Not your little sorority sisters. Not your lunch-break work pals. Nobody.” He let silence follow the last word.

“I’ll bust open the phone if I have too. Shouldn’t be too hard to identify your main contacts. They’re all going to think you’re taking some time to travel and find yourself after these two attacks which have robbed you of your fancy little banker job.”

He opened the waxy baggie containing the egg rolls and took one out.“The only person who might try to get up with you is your lender. Think about that for a minute. The only person who will want to know where you are is the fucker you owe money to. Sick world, eh?” He bit into the egg roll and shrugged.

“Might as well have an egg roll, amiright? Reflect on your life and the ways you no longer have to contribute to and participate in growing social and economic inequality and instability fueled, in parts, by wealth extraction primarily by the banking sector, undue influence on governments by corporations - particularly financial institutions -, and speculative trading, to name a few. And one day in the future that lender is going to stop calling. And it might be because I blow up his place of business. Even less likely, it might be because my associates and I have garnered enough grass roots support to make change through old fashioned democratic avenues....Regardless, you’re gonna thank me one day, Miss Julianna.”

Owen had easily let himself get into full on idealistic rambling mode. If she wasn't going to talk, then by golly he'd talk enough for the both of them.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 01-19-2017

The bite in that one word had the intended effect, her gaze snapping to his. Her irritated frown smoothed into more of a worried line as he continued speaking. He let a silence lapse but that emphatic nobody rang loudly in her ears. An imaginary echo in the space of the warehouse. Julianna swallowed a thick lump that had formed in her throat, rapid blinks attempted to push back tears that were threatening to form. Not because she was frightened of him or her position, but because he was right. No one would look for her. The more she thought about it, the more it came to her attention that there was not a single person that would give a damn about where she was.

“Fine,” she said sharply, forcing the word past that choking feeling that came before a sob. “Sounds like you can handle it yourself then.” Her knees returned to her chest, and this time she hid the entirety of her face behind them. Forehead pressed against her stockings, dark hair formed a curtain around her.

Julianna listened to him eat and rant, and held her breath to keep from crying. Maybe she was tired, or maybe he was getting to her without even really trying, but she could feel the storm of a tantrum building in her chest. A nagging tightness that forced silent tears to well up and cling to her lashes; sticking to her mascara in star-like points. Her muffled voice sounded out from behind her knees. “I really some how doubt that…” she paused. She had gone to use his name in much the same manner before she realized she didn’t know it. She considered asking, but that would require talking to him more than she really wanted to. She decided against it. Falling into another silence.

Her stomach made angry flips in demand for sustenance. She could still hear him eating as he finished off the egg roll and the smell of pho was tempting. She made no move for anything still lined neatly in front of her. For now she was determined to starve first.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - saronym - 02-07-2017

Fine she had said all snappy like.

Great.” He snapped right back as she curled into a smaller ball hiding away from him behind tanned knees and dark hair. They were already sounding like a snippy married couple. “I will do that.”

HIs fingers rubbed together dusting the crumbs from the crunchy egg roll off onto the ground. He dropped the wax bag containing the other egg roll for Julianna on the floor next to her container of pho. “Go ahead. Talk about doubts.” He said pushing himself back up to a standing which put him in a position to loom in an extreme way over her. “A month ago you would have doubted you’d have been kidnapped by a terrorist.” He bent and tapped gently on her temple, “Time to expand your mind, sweetheart.” He said sarcastically as his finger pushed a wave of dark hair behind her ear. He didn’t do it out of affection but more out of a demonstration that she was at his mercy.

Not a great move for establishing a good rapport. But he was frustrated with her anyway. He had tried and she wasn’t trying back. He wasn’t a patient man.

He rose again and clapped his hands together, “Welp. I’m going to watch some TV.” He announced. “What do you recommend Law and Order SUV or Dexter?” At his desk he held up the DVD box sets for each show demonstrating that he had raided her impressive DVD collection.

RE: Dangerous Attraction [Closed] - megs - 02-11-2017

Julianna continued to hide her face and refrained from snapping at him again. Another pinpoint fine just to really drive her point home. Her point being her currently incorrigible need to leave him unassisted in making her abduction easier. Though the need was waning, as her hunger nagged at her and her overall resolve started to fade with lingering chemical fatigue.

She was aware of the way he was looming. Though she tried to ignore him his presence and his words were a continued weight on her the back of her head. She pressed her lips together and rubbed her face on her knees that she was hiding behind. She lifted her face just as he moved to push at her hair and she wasn’t quick enough to stop him. She made her displeasure known by the obvious way she jerked her head away from him even though he was already moving away again.

He seemed angry, or at least annoyed with her. That touch of her hair was meant to convey just that. There was no warmth in the gesture, not that there was room for warmth in the situation. Or in the walls she had been trying to erect between them. Julianna quickly decided to give him some benefit of the doubt, but only because she wanted to eat the egg roll he had left for her without feeling guilty about it.

Starving was quickly losing it’s appeal.

Julianna sighed, letting her legs fall flat and grabbed at the wax paper containing the treat her stomach was demanding. She pulled out the eggroll and pushed half of it into her mouth, crumpling the wax into a ball in her opposite hand. The outside was still crunchy when she bit into it, and the middle was still warm. She sighed, content in the way her stomach immediately stopped conspiring against her. “My phone code is eighty-seven-zero-sixty-one,” she told him with no concern for the pork and vegetable filling that was muffling her speech. Chewing slowly she looked over her shoulder at him, to where he was waffling between two thick DVD covers. She recognized them as probably being from her personal collection but she didn’t say anything about it. She swallowed the over-sized bite. “You need to text Mom, Dad, Elliot, and Maeve. They’re all labeled in my contacts. Mom, dad and Elliot you can tell I am on vacation. Maeve won’t believe you. You will have to tell her I am out of town looking for a new job.”

After this explanation she looked away from him again and popped the rest of the egg roll in her mouth, before reaching for the container of pho. She pulled the lid back and held it close to her nose to smell the contents. The fatty beef broth within wasn’t her favorite, but she wasn’t going to complain; assuming she she would happy she was getting fed at all. She fully peeled off the rest of the lid and took a small sip from the cup.

“You should watch Dexter,” she advised. “I’ve only seen the first few episodes, so I can’t spoil anything for you out of spite.”

There. She was trying.