alonimi
Public Relations [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Public Relations [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 03-21-2018

Renton was smiling along with the lesson and watching the two of them very carefully. The fact of Julianna’s blushing did not go unnoticed by Renton. He smirked down at the small fist on his chest and then at the red-faced cat in front of him. So much fodder for later taunting. Oh, he was going to have so much fun. Renton hoped he would be next in the demonstration.

What happened next surprised both men.

Owen surely didn’t mind Julianna demonstrating her knowledge of getting out of an arm lock. At least not in theory. He was only shocked at the stomp on his foot for a split second before his training kicked into gear. Even though she managed to loosen herself somewhat, he wasn’t going to let her go. He planned to pin her on the mat to demonstrate that trying her strength against his was pointless. But then - she just disappeared.

And he fell somewhat ingloriously towards the mat. Owen caught himself on hands and knees, his head whipping around in desperate confusion. He shoved himself back to his feet whipping around to look for her.

“What!” He turned towards Renton whose eyebrows were practically touching his hairline. “Where did she -?”

“I don’t know!” Renton exclaimed before he turned around to look for Julianna.

“Wait. Stop.” Owen held his hand out and Renton froze. Owen closed his eyes and went through the exercises his mother had taught him to sense the use of magic. He pushed away the questions swirling in his mind and reached out with it. They had found out very early on that he had little talent for magic but his mother had worked with him to sense it at least. And he could if he focused hard enough.

But there was nothing except the familiar warm radiance from the protection spell on charm necklace that his mother gave him. He touched the necklace under his shirt as his eyes snapped open.

“Where the fuck did she go?!” He demanded of Renton, suddenly angry. “Is she using some kind of magic?”

Renton’s face screwed up with concern. “I - I don’t know!”

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 03-25-2018

Julianna did not reappear for several minutes. From where she disappeared to she could observe the men in their confusion and it was very entertaining. It served them both right, especially Owen, for underestimating her.

She considered teasing Owen more. She could easily do so, continuing to use his own shadow against him to pop in and out of the Umbra and really annoy him, but she felt like her point had been made. She used his shadow to return. Sort of appearing behind him as if she had never left the room. Stepping between the thin veil that separated the two planes was a blink-and-you-missed-it sort of occurrence. “Is there anything else you’d like to demonstrate?” Her tone was sickly sweet behind his back as she brushed invisible dirt off of her tight pencil skirt.

The cat grinning like a cheshire as her tail swayed playfully two and fro behind her shoulders. Julianna looked every bit like a feline who had found something fun to toy with for a moment.

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 03-29-2018

Renton had the benefit of seeing Julianna just...appear behind Owen. He cocked his head and leaned a bit to get a better look at her before she spoke and announced herself to the brigadier general.

“You -?” Renton couldn’t quite comprehend what had happened and his question died on his tongue as his mind worked to conceptualize what was going on.

Owen whirled around at the sound of Julianna’s voice. There she was, impossibly, standing behind him as if she had been there all along. He knew better than that. Owen swiped for her arms grabbing both around the biceps. A quick sweep of his foot to knock her off hers. Just as suddenly as she had appeared, he took her down onto the mat, pinning her beneath him.

“What kind of trick was that?” Owen demanded with his face hovering above hers.

Somewhere behind him, Renton was grinning.

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 03-30-2018

Julianna delighted in watching the surprise play over Renton’s features. She felt like she had impressed him, and she didn’t know that was something she wanted to do until it had happened. Since she was behind him, she would have to imagine Owen’s equally shocked expression and in her mind’s eye it was dumbfounded and just the slightest bit annoyed.

While in the middle of her smug sort of self-inventory, Owen rounded on her. Julianna didn’t react, because she had expected that. She did not expect to be grabbed. Her mouth formed a shocked “o” shape; she barely had time to register what was happening as he swept her legs out from beneath her. They tumbled to the floor together. Julianna landed on her back with a hard but muted thump of a noise.

Owen’s face was very close to hers, was the first thing she noticed as her senses caught up to her. Her skirt had ridden on her thighs and her hair was a dark fan spread around her head. He pinned her to the mat on all fours and while she didn’t have the weight of his body on hers, she could feel the heat radiating off of him and the more she blinked up at him, the more her face became notably red.

“Obtenebration,” she managed to stutter out. Her mouth suddenly dry. She attempted to simplify by saying, “it’s shadow magic.”

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 05-20-2018

Owen kept the increasingly blushing cat pinned beneath him while she struggled through her answer. His brows knitted together briefly before a flash of a smirk appeared on his lips.

“And you thought CAF Headquarters was the appropriate venue to show that off?” His lip curled into something like a snarl. “Be careful with future demonstration of your gifts or you might find yourself having uncomfortable conversations with officials of a less forgiving nature than I. I surely don’t know why you would waste your time with a job duties that amount to wiping up frivolous personnel issues than using that gift in a more lucrative career the CAF could offer you as a special agent.”

Owen’s lecture which somehow included both a threat and a job offer was interrupted by the sudden and piercing opening to a pop song. Owen half startled and jerked his head up to look at Renton who was staring at his phone. When the volume was adjusted the obvious sexual nature of the lyrics made Owen push off of Julianna and get back up to his feet.

“Just thought we could use some music.” Renton chimed cheerfully as if he wasn’t instigating anything.

“Turn that shit down.” Owen growled as he offered Julianna a hand to help her up.

"When is it my turn?" Renton asked, blue eyes bouncing from Owen to Julianna.

"I think our lesson is over." Owen announced suddenly which made Renton pout.

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 06-02-2018

Julianna felt hot all over, and she very much wished Owen would stop pinning her to the ground. Not because she was particularly intimidated by him at the moment, but because the redness in her face was a very obvious indication of how she felt about the situation. “It’s not like it’s a secret,” she shot back, even though the waved of her voice wasn’t properly combative. “Commander Weatherfare is aware of if, and besides that it’s available in my high clearance file.”

Her lips pressed together as Owen continued to lecture her, and offer her a job? Almost as if she’s not said anything at all. “I like my job- oh!” Julianna startled beneath Owen, a small feline squeak of a noise sounding off in her throat as she too was caught off guard by Renton’s teasing. The song wasn’t helping her roseate coloring, but it didn’t get Owen to scramble off of her.

Julianna felt like she could breath again, a long exhale escaping her. She very suddenly wanted the day to be over, so she could go home. Maybe cuddle Renton and pretend this whole thing hasn’t suddenly gotten more complicated. She thanked Owen as he pulled her upright. She adjusted her blouse and skirt until they fell properly.

“What exactly was today’s lesson?” Julianna figured that he had had more planned for the remainder of the morning, but had been thrown off his rhythm by her retaliation. She smiled pleasantly. “Just to recap?”

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 06-07-2018

Owen was somewhat perplexed by Julianna’s reaction to him. He wasn’t necessarily surprised, plenty of women - and men - reacted to him that way. But her? That didn’t make much sense to him. He eyed her long and hard despite her pointed questioning about their lesson. She was trying to take a jab at his classroom management skills. Clearly things had gone off the rails.

“The lesson didn’t go quite as planned.” He admitted. “But we got to the same conclusion I was expecting.”

“Wait -” There was complaint in Renton’s voice when he spoke up. “We’re through already? I didn’t get to -”

“You’re not ready to spar anyways. This wasn't a game though you both seemed to think so. I'm concerned about your safety.” Owen fired back interrupting Renton prematurely which caused the dark-haired man to deflate. “The conclusion being -” Owen continued his earlier thought as he turned away from them to cross the room. He unzipped his gym bag and pulled out his holstered sidearm. He held the holster up to show them. “You two would benefit from defensive use of firearm training. I would like to put in a recommendation to have you both equipped with CAF standard issue sidearms once you’ve cleared training.”

Renton’s face screwed up with obvious displeasure. “I don’t like guns and I’m not carrying one.”

“Look in the mirror. You obviously need one. And she does too, being associated with you.” Owen wasn’t careful with his biting assessment.

Renton, more than aware of the bruises that still colored his face, scoffed defensively and turned his face to Julianna to help him. His brows knit over hurt-looking blue eyes. This wasn't fun like he thought it would be.

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 07-20-2018

Owen staring her down wasn't doing anything to ease the flush across her face. She kept her expression neutral, even though she couldn't ignore the fact that both men were blatantly aware of the reaction she was having. It was hard to seem authoriative and in charge with a red face. With her clothing back in order and her shoes returned to her feet she felt better with the height they gave her and frowned at Owen. "I did treat it like a game." She attempted to argue over him. She didn't know when they had come into the habit of something talking over one another, but it appeared to be their default form of communication.

Julianna would argue with Owen, who would in turn interrupt Renton. They were a mess honestly. A strong-willed trio that very obviously wanted to jump each other's bones. An overwhelming combination.

"Absolutely not," Julianna expressed in time with Renton's refusal of Owen's firearm proposal. The blush was gone now that she was more or less annoyed with Owen again. She touched the dark haired man's bicep reassuringly and shook her head in a silent agreement. "You don't have to carry a gun," she said loudly, frowning at Owen once more. "I am more than capable of taking care of myself without a weapon, General. We agreed to this combat training at your behest, but you're pushing it too far."

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 07-23-2018

Owen let the holstered weapon fall to his side as Renton and Julianna buttressed themselves against him. His eyes flicked to the touch Julianna gave to Renton and the frown he was already wearing deepended. So that’s the way it was. Owen abruptly turned and shoved the weapon back into his gym back. His prickly mood managed to translate even into the way he zipped the bag up.

He shouldered the bag and turned back towards them, giving them both the full brunt of his disapproving stare. “You’re both clearly experts on personal defense. I don’t know what I was thinking with this lesson. Sorry to waste your time.”

Renton watched in silence as Owen packed the gun away. He flinched subtly with the way the other man zipped the bag up. This really wasn’t as fun as he thought it was going to be. Renton cast his eyes down and away from the heat of Owen’s stare. He didn’t look up again until Owen was walking away from them.

Renton made a noise in his throat like he was going to start to speak but it was cut short. He looked at Julianna and gave her what-the-fuck hands behind Owen’s back. He gestured questioningly at her if she would intervene further or let Owen go.

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 07-25-2018

Julianna made an equally frustrated gesture with her own hands as she and Renton shared a look behind Owen's back. She was completely at a loss for what her charge expected her to do about the grumpy general's abrupt end to their lesson. She had certainly noticed how his temper seemed to flair when she had touched Renton. Perhaps, it was unfair for her to flaunt the casual nature of her relationship with Renton while Owen harbored a secret crush on him.

Her ears made a flat plane off either side of her head as she stared back at Renton. He was silently asking her to do something, and she was really considering whether she wanted to.

A sharp exhale through her nose indicated that she had come to a conclusion, as her ears pushed to attention. "Brigadier General, wait." She flashed Renton a look. As if asking satisfied? Her heels were a sharp noise on the hardwood flooring of the training gym as she crossed the room to meet Owen near the door. She cleared her throat, standing close enough now that she had to look up at him.

"Clearly, this lesson did not go quite the way any of us expected. I don't think we should dismiss the whole thing entirely. Give us another chance? No guns," she quickly amended, holding up a hand when he looked like he wanted to interrupt her. "We will behave next time."

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 07-25-2018

Owen could sense them doing shit behind his back. Probably silently mouthing how much they disliked him. He jerked the door to the gym open when Julianna called to him. He considered just ignoring her and walking out but he let the door swing closed and he turned around slowly.

He stared at Julianna silently as she tried to clear the air. It was fake. She didn’t want another lesson. His eyes left her face to track Renton as he crossed the room to join the pair.

Owen only opened his mouth to say. “I’ll consider it.” He started to turn around again but Renton spoke next.

“I - we - still have so much to learn from you. I didn’t even get a bout with you.” Renton blinked innocently as if bout couldn’t also be an innuendo.

Owen glanced from one to the other as if he was trying to deduce what the trickery was. He chewed at the inside of his cheek. They were wearing him down. “There are a good number of community and CAF sponsored personal defense courses. I really can’t waste more of my time on this.”

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 07-27-2018

Owen could see right through her. Probably because she wasn't trying very hard to be convincing. One of her ears pinned backwards as he looked down at her in silence. Her expression was neutral, which in its own way sort of conveyed that they should come to a compromise. Her tail swayed, and her ears rotated to pick up the sounds of Renton's approach. Julianna huffed when he only agreed to a consideration. Did he really want to behave like whatever his problem was, wasn't his own doing?

He'd been the one that had all but forced them into these lessons and now he was bailing, because he hadn't just gotten to show off the way he wanted.

"You insisted," Julianna reminded him, a bit too sharply. "It was your idea that the two of us should even bother with defensive training. At the very least you could continue to work with Agent Bell, at intervals appropriate with your schedules." Julianna was certain, at this point, that she knew Owen's problem was mostly with her. She had derailed his training, she was getting closer to Renton while he was stuck being his grumpy, cold self. She huffed again and waved her hand, breaking away from the two of them to retrieve her jacket. "Consider it," she repeated.

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 08-09-2018

Grey eyes bounced between the two: the neutral-faced cat and the earnest blue-eyed man. He felt his resolve to punish them by refusing the services that he had pushed on them in the first place fade. He sighed and combed his fingers through his hair.

“Alright. Fine.” He said obviously sounding worn down by their persistence. To be fair, they hadn’t even pressed him that hard. “Speak with Miss Tiesel about scheduling another class since this impromptu venture wasn’t convenient for either of you.” His eyes flicked over their outfits once more. His mouth pressed into a thin line of disapproval. “And wear proper clothes next time.” With that he turned and left the gym, retreating away from the two of them. He was left feeling foolish. That the whole thing had been an obvious waste of everyone’s time. His mood would be spoiled for the rest of the day while as he ruminated over what went wrong.

When Owen left Renton turned to Julianna with a big grin on his face. He nudged her arm teasingly. “That was kinda hot.” Was all the commentary he had to add on the situation.

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 08-30-2018

Julianna was surprised when Owen so easily caved to their persistence. Yet, somehow, she wasn't. Her gaze slid to where Renton was standing in her peripherals, beaming at the irritable general. The corners of her mouth curved downwards, she didn't notice the expression. Didn't notice the pull of her own jealousy that was beginning to twist in the pit of her stomach. She to Owen once more, now looking them over in disapproval, commenting on their outfits. How was she supposed to compete with him?

How quickly her own mood turned sour in the face of this almost-love triangle, a game she didn't necessarily want to play. "Wonderful," she chimed, trying to sound as genuine as possible. "Thank you for the reconsideration, Brigadier General. And for your time today." She added the last for good measure, but it didn't stop him from skulking away from the two of them in a bad mood of his own.

Green eyes rolled in a perfect half circle in non-verbal disagreement to Renton's comment. "It was annoying," she insisted, refusing to bend to his nudging. Instead, she continued to readjust her clothing that had been disheveled by the lesson. Tucking in her shirt, and making sure her skirt was pulled down to the proper length. "He has such a bad attitude," she continued to exasperate, gathering the rest of her things. "And now I have to talk to his prissy little assistant. I need a snack." She moved to leave the gym after waiting for Renton to get sorted. "Do you really want to continue these lessons?"

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 10-16-2018

The grin faded from Renton’s face quickly. It was replaced by a look of something like embarrassed shock that left his mouth somewhat parted. He’d thought, somehow, that Jules would have agreed about the obvious sexual tension in the room. He closed his mouth quickly and followed her motions in putting himself back together - though she had seen more action than he.

“Yeah he does.” Renton agreed lamely. He wouldn’t agree with the commentary about Owen’s assistant. He didn’t have anything against Miss Tiesel and wondered briefly if Jules did. “She’s always nice to me.” He offered just for something positive to say.

Renton followed along with Jules as they left the gym. “I don’t know...maybe.” He answered vaguely and then winced. “Would you hate me if I did? It’s just - I like that he seems concerned about me? Even if he kind of goes about it wrong...and is a total dick sometimes.” He shrugged not sure if that was really the right answer. He wasn’t sure entirely how he felt about any of it. Renton felt himself deflating. He couldn’t defend his irrational want to be around Owen and he wasn’t sure he should given his new closeness, or whatever it was, with Jules.

“I could definitely also use a snack.” He perked, trying to change the subject. “Wanna snag a muffin or something?”