alonimi
Public Relations [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Public Relations [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=696)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 11-17-2019

When Renton got into the car, he could immediately feel that Julianna’s mood was down. There was a whole vibe in the car. Rather than press her about it, Renton greeted her cheerfully and settled in for the quiet ride. He lounged in the passenger seat and fiddled with his phone while Julianna drove. She seemed distracted and in her own head and he let her work out whatever she was wrestling with.

Suddenly she suggested ... mini... golf. Renton wasn’t sure he knew what that was. She said play mini golf, so he was assuming it was some kind of game.

“Okay!” He heard himself agreeing to her idea. He wanted to make her happy and he was left with the sort of vibe that it had been him that caused her current mood.

Renton took in the scene at the mini golf course. The sun was set and the place was lit up in a way that seemed to make people flock to it like moths. Inside, it smelled of fried foods and grease in the best possible way. There was an arcade with games that flashed each vying for attention. Julianna led them to a counter and paid for a game of mini golf.

Renton was leaning on his putter trying to choose a golf ball. He found one that was lime green, a nice pair with the darker color she had chosen. “Mmm?” He cocked his head at her when she asked about his day and then waved the question off with a gesture. “Nothing interesting to report. A real snooze. And everyone seemed crabby.”

His lip curled and his nose crinkled as he described the day. The mood had been downright dour at the CAF.

Renton casually slung his arm around Julianna’s shoulders and let her lead them to where the course began. He had stashed little scorecards and tiny pencils in his slacks pocket. He would try to make sense of them at some point.

“How about you?” He asked as they walked. “You seemed a bit preoccupied. Everything alright?”

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 11-17-2019

Julianna liked the weight of Renton's arm around her. It brought a smile to her face as they walked together. She wrapped her arm around his waist and squeezed in a quick hug. She had not caught on that he didn't know anything about the game, not that he had done anything to let her on to that fact. "Yeah, I'm alright. I let Owen get to me for some reason. He's so weird, you know? Like, so hot and cold."

It was a Friday night, and she had not taken that into account when she had decided to stop and play. It was a bit crowded. She was determined not to let it bother her, because she had already let so many other things bother her that day. Her tail swayed slowly behind her knees. Julianna decided to let the events of the day go and just focus on having a nice time with Ren. There was no reason they couldn't have a bit of fun. They deserved it.

"I also met his mother the other day," she said, as if the memory had just sprung back to her mind. They were at the first hole, but there was another couple in front of them. Julianna's ears rotated as she glanced over Renton's shoulder to see there was another couple behind them. "That was an interesting experience," she continued chatting at him as they waited. "They're nothing alike. Most notably because she thinks I'm lovely and suggested I have lunch with her." Julianna laughed, moving forward towards the first hole in the course as the other couple moved on.

Julianna bent to place her golf ball on the bright green astroturf. It was the first one. Just a straight shot down with a little curve just before the hole. She didn't put much thought into her approach, simply tapping the ball with the putter and letting it roll down the hill. "I also met this girl- Juniper?" She stepped aside to let Renton take a shot of his own. "Ridiculously smart kid," she said, even though he already knew. She laughed again. "Owen's mom got mad at him for having a 'child soldier' around."

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 11-18-2019

Renton’s eyes wandered the scene as Julianna described what was on her mind. The place had a sort of magic to it. He noticed several other couples seeming to have a good time with the game. There were groups of young people, probably high school aged, and some families too. It was weird that this one game could attract such a diverse crowd.

So far, Renton was less impressed with the game itself, as he watched Julianna lazily tap the ball on its course down a little hill. Renton cocked his head and blinked at the underwhelming display. She hadn’t even made it into the hole that she was clearly supposed to aim for. His eyes twinkled with the amusement he found in her casual playstyle.

The subject of her speech was Owen. It was easy to imagine the tall blonde being highly competitive and precise about this silly little game. Renton chuckled and placed the ball down as he had watched Julianna do. His eyes traced the course of the hill with its little curve and he tried to imagine where the ball would go if he hit it at a particular angle.

He square himself up nicely and gave it a tap.

Okay it was a bit of a knock.

He kind of actually yeeted it.

The ball traveled too fast down the hill, hit the wall of the course and bounced up to land in a little shrub.

“Oh!” Renton laughed, glancing at Julianna, “I think I went too hard with it. I never played before.” He admitted and turned to apologetically cringe at the people waiting behind them. Clearly, this wasn't going to go very quickly.

As they walked down the hill to get in position to take additional shots, Renton added his commentary to her earlier observations. “I met Ishara before. I think her and Darcy have a thing going on. They email and go out a lot. Don’t ask me why I know this. I think they are keeping it on the low because Owen can be well -” Renton’s eyes flashed upwards. “You know.”

He waited while Julianna lined up her shot and just as she was about to take it, a question occured to him “Are you attracted to him? I think that’s why his mom would want to go out with you for lunch. To like set you up with him. Not that you’re not an excellent lunch companion, but I think she wants Owen to find someone. And you’re a catch.”

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 11-18-2019

Oblivious to the endearing judgement that Renton was imparting upon her, Julianna erupted into pleasant laughter as they watched Renton's golf ball take off down the course. "You've never played?" Her tone lilted with disbelief as she trailed after him. Following the path of their errant balls. Neither one of them particularly close to hole on this first try. Julianna's had coasted down at a reasonable pace but kept on going way too far past its goal.

"My mom used to take my brother and I all the time." She was a bit slower than him in getting to the bottom of the course. She was still wearing stilettos heels that did not lend well to the artificial grass and uneven stone paths. Julianna was known to partake in a bit of putt putt by herself from time to time but she had never seemed to get particularly good at it.

She didn't care for the people that were left to wait for them to sort their poor shots out. It was just part of the game, really. She trilled in catlike understanding and interest that there might be something going on between Owen's mother and the Commander General. How spicy, but understandably on the down low with the recent passing of Owen's father.

Her ears twitched as Renton's posed a question to her. 'What?" She lifted her head, lifted out of the tiny bit of thought she was putting in to hitting the ball. She was so close to the hole now. Two shots later. Her tail twitched, she glanced up at the people still waiting. "I-I don't think that's why she wanted to go to lunch," she proposed. Julianna tapped the ball and it toppled into the hole. She bent down and plucked it out so Renton could try again.

"Owen is attractive, but I'm not...attracted to him." She answered his questions out of order because they had flustered her One ear fell lopsided off her head. "Owen doesn't like me besides."

They were close to moving on to the second hole, and Julianna wanted to change the subject. "I always forget this is such a popular date spot."

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 11-21-2019

Renton laughed alongside Julianna at his goof. He followed her down the astroturfed path and got into position to hit his ball out of the mess he had gotten it into. As they walked, Renton noticed how out of place she looked in those heels. Not in a bad way. She looked sophisticated and sexy in a sea of whimsy.

She attracted eyes and not just his.

And he liked being seen with her.
“Mmmm.” Renton’s hum was sounding dubious as he lined his shot to get his ball out of the bush. “I think he is attracted to you. So do you think you’re going to do lunch with Ishara?” He asked, to steer her away from her tendency towards self-deprecation.

He would need a couple more shots than Julianna did to finally sink get that thing into the hole but Renton was enjoying the game and the atmosphere. Renton finally was able to pluck his ball victoriously from the hole and they could tackle the next challenge.

He glanced around again, taking more note of the many couples. He didn’t neglect the fact that they appeared to be a couple. Well-dressed, laughing, and engaging in conversation and a silly together. Renton smiled at her, “Is this a date, then?”

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 11-23-2019

Julianna's ears twitched as she rattled the idea of lunch with Ishara around her head in the moments it was taking Renton to get his ball back on track. She bypassed his commentary about Owen being attracted to her. No need to be difficult about her disagreement. "Honestly, I assumed she was just being polite." Somehow that had just become the thing to do. People always suggesting and agreeing to meet up sometime, somewhere and never following through. Julianna turned her ball around between her fingers. "I guess if I ran into her again, I might, but it would be kind of awkward if she was just trying to set me up with her son."

She wrinkled her nose in secondhand embarrassment just from thinking about the hypothetical interaction.

Sorry Ms. Hart, your son actually loathes me.

His question interrupted her shot. Again. Renton was catching her off guard all sorts of ways. Her putter swung over the ball, just barely grazing the top, but it was enough to send the object rolling down the hill at a pathetic pace. She looked over at him and he was smiling at her in that charming way he always did. "It's not a date," she confirmed, free hand reaching up to toy with her hair. Julianna had not intended it to be a date and Renton seemed to have a lot of confused notions of her and Owen, besides.

"But, I really would like to go on an actual date!"

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - saronym - 08-12-2020

"You're right, that would be kind of awkward." Renton agreed and he mirrored her wrinkled nose though he wasn't keen to the thoughts that accompanied her expression.

He watched her botch her shot due to his sudden pointed questioning about a date. His short laugh a high pitched - ha! - was quickly stifled by his hand over his mouth. "That was just terrible." He teased her. His lips formulated a brief pout as she informed him this wasn't a date. His momentary disappointment was put at ease with the promise of a future date.

"You would?" He asked, perking. Without putting much thought into the trajectory, he knocked his ball down the path, being gentler than his first attempt.

Renton then took Julianna's elbow and guided her down the uneven path towards their balls.Her heels made it difficult for her to walk which was perfect opportunity for him to play gentleman.

"Do you want me to take you out, or do you want to take me out? There is a difference, you know."

RE: Public Relations [Closed] - megs - 08-25-2020

Julianna frowned at Renton when he laughed at her bungled shot. It had been his fault after all and she was bad enough at the game without him trying to through her off with his pointed questions. She wondered why he was so interested in talking to her about Owen all of a sudden. Nothing had changed about her relationship with the other man.

Not that she could say the same for whatever was happening between Renton and Owen. Her eyes flickered to the fading bruise on his jaw. The same one that Owen had touched so tenderly. She could still picture the soft concern that had marred the blonde's features as he'd demanded to know what happened. Remembering the interaction from that morning, made her wonder if she was setting herself up for some kind of failure by talking about dates with Renton.

"Of course I would," she admitted. Her ears pinned backwards in brief embarrassment at her confession. They walked down the path together and she could feel the blush on her face. She was suddenly very away of his hand on her elbow and the scent of his cologne. When they were together like this, which they had been more and more as of late, she forgot that he was her client. A client with a criminal record and a penchant for illegal mischief.

Renton was more than those things to her though. He was sweet and charming and he made her laugh.

"I know there is a difference," she agreed when they reached the bottom of the pathway. "I want to take you out," she confirmed. She already had the perfect idea in mind. She pulled away from him to knock her ball into the hole. Neither one of them was even keeping score. "If that's okay with you."