alonimi
Full Sail [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Full Sail [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=689)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 06-26-2017

Julianna hovered in the doorway. The was a slight sway to her stance as she waited for him to observe her. Showing off for him as it were. She felt cute in her new outfit and if the expression on his face was any indication, he thought she looked good too. He didn't need to ask twice. Her tail swayed happily as she bound over to him. She giggled when he grabbed her by the hips and tugged her onto the bed.

Her chuckles were still quiet rumbles in her throat behind closed lips as he arranged her. When he'd given her an idea of the position he wanted her in, she snuggled close. Tangling her legs with his and warming her feet on his shins. Her fingers toyed with the collar of his shirt where they were trapped between them. The end of her tail flickered mindlessly behind her. “I don't mind,” she replied, her voice wavered with the vibrating purr that'd started when he'd draped an arm around her. “Your mother is so nice and all of the children are sweet. I want to stay.”

“Besides.” Julianna shifted, wiggling upwards somewhat so she was more eye-level with him. She tucked an arm beneath her head and slid the other beneath his arm. “You're here. And I came to be with you.”

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - saronym - 06-28-2017

Owen looked delighted when Julianna complimented his family, it was, admittedly, partly due to the vibrato that modulated her voice when she purred. She kept shimmying closer to him and he assisted that effort by tucking her body tight up against his.

With his eyebrow raised he seemed pleased at her admission that she was there for him. “Oh really?” He asked playfully almost as if he were taunting her over the confession. His mouth hovered near hers as if he was going to kiss her, but he never did. “You’re here to be with me?”

He pulled her hair around her shoulder so that it fell in waves down her back and over his arm. With a slight pressure against her side he pushed her closer to him and let his lips just barely brush over hers tantalizing her with kisses he gleefully withheld from her.

“Lucky guy. I don't even know what I did to deserve this.”

The hand that wasn’t tucked around her moved to touch her hip and stroke down her tights covered thigh. His eyes flicked downwards to watch the contact. “You feel all soft.” When his gaze returned to hers there was something starved in it. He was thinking of her wish to wait until they met again to sleep together. He was thinking about how they were meeting again and wondering when he would get to fulfill that wish. If she would let him.

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 07-11-2017

His teasing prompted about from her. It was more adorable than it was the sign of true offence. A furrowed brow and a jutting lip. Wide, green eyes scanned his face from beneath the fringe of her lashes. “Of course, I did,” she insisted as he pushed her hair around. The words were accompanied with purrs and giggles. So many delighted sounds from a simple phrase.

That gentle rumble buzzed behind her lips, resonating off of his that were hovering so temptingly close. When his mouth brushed hers, she leaned forward as if she would steal a kiss, but he successfully kept her at bay with a slight turn of his head so that he could continue teasing.

“How could I resist coming to see you after nine months of wonderful letters,” she murmured in question as her gaze followed his to watch the trail of his hand down her leg. She was aware of what she had said to him that night on the beach. She was aware of the intimacy of their current position. Julianna only hummed in agreement to her feeling soft, they looked back up at each other simultaneously, and the heat in his eyes matched hers.

Julianna leaned forward as if she would be the one to kiss him, but instead her mouth pressed against the line of his jaw. She could tease, too. “You feel all warm,” she said. Her lips trailed along his jaw towards his chin and upwards until they found his mouth.

Just as Julianna finally claimed the kiss she had wanted from Owen, the door was pushed open with enough force to startle the queen and cause her to pull away again. She dropped her head back onto Owen’s arm, not quite hiding, but close.

Sophia stood in the doorway, one hand still on the door knob and the other balled into a fist and propped up on her her hip. Her grey cable knit sweater and dark denim jeans looked warm, but did nothing for her icy personality. “I’ve been looking for you,” she said, as if it were a greeting. Brown eyes stared daggers into the back of Owen’s head. “We need to talk.”

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - saronym - 07-14-2017

“Was it really that long?” His brows pulled together as he remembered just how long they had been apart. They hadn’t even know one another that long and had spent a great deal of time apart and yet here he was feeling as close to her as the day he left the isles.

Owen hummed with pleasure at the feeling of her lips against his jaw. He closed his eyes and sighed. His hand tightened on her hip as their lips met.

The kiss didn’t go as planned seeing as to how the queen jolted away from him. The explanation was the door opening unannounced and Sophia entering the threshold. Julianna was hiding against his arm as Sophia informed him of an apparently important conversation they needed to have. She looked quite displeased.

“I’ve been in here napping.” Owen explained somewhat sheepishly. There was no reason he should have felt guilty for having Julianna in his bed but inexplicably he felt that way. The ugly history he shared with Sophia easily overcame him. Many years of an on and off again relationship had almost wired his brain into assuming he belonged to her. Though truth was he had tried to give himself to her many times and she had rejected him

Old habits died hard.

Still he wasn’t about to dismiss Julianna just because Sophia was demanding his attention. Owen untangled himself from the queen and pushed himself up. “What did you want to talk about?” He asked as if whatever Sophia had to say could be said in this semi-public forum.

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 07-14-2017

Sophia’s hand dropped from the doorknob, but she didn’t move any further into the room. The straight line of her mouth was enough to advertise that napping was the inappropriate characterization for what Owen had been up to, stowed away in his room with the little cat. When he sat up, the other woman was revealed to her in full and she settled narrowed eyes on her. A clear indication that Sophia wanted Julianna to leave.

Jules was more than able to take a hint. Even though Owen hadn’t dismissed her, she didn’t want to suffer the attitude that Sophia was displaying. Her ears fell towards the crown of her head as she sat up and pushed off the edge of the bed. “I’ll just...uh...see you later,” she suggested, tail curling upwards against her back as she rounded the end of the bed.

The brunette moved just enough for the cat to squeeze through, and when she was gone Sophia closed the door and approached Owen. “What was that about?” She nodded her head towards the door to indicate Julianna. Before he could answer, she shook her head, and waved her hands. “Never mind,” she put on her prettiest smile for him. “It doesn’t matter. I’m just happy we finally have a moment alone. So we can talk about us.”

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - saronym - 07-24-2017

Owen was hesitant to let Julianna go. Even as she got up, his fingers held onto her arm and trailed down to her hand. It was his hope that she didn’t feel that he wanted her to go. Because he didn’t. If anything the confused sailor wanted her to stay. Julianna seemed to clear his head. While Sophia clouded it. And he needed clarity when dealing with his multi-time ex.

Owen sighed when the door was closed and that attitude of Sophia’s he knew so well reared it’s head momentarily before being pushed down under what seemed to him fake-niceness. She had a way of dialing her emotions so efficiently that way.

“That -” he didn’t have a chance to answer before the subject changed. And anyways, he sort of felt as if he didn’t owe Sophia an explanation. So he held his tongue.

Owen pushed himself towards the end of the bed and let his feet drop over. He wiped a hand over his face and then back into his hair setting it straight after being in bed. “Talk about us?” He asked and turned his head to look at her so that she would see the entirely incredulous look on his face.

“It’s been what a year now?” He phrased the question as if he wasn’t sure even though he knew precisely how long it had been. “I’ve been overseas. We haven’t talked. What is there to talk about in terms of 'us'?”

The next sigh that came from him was more an annoyed huff. "And that was rude the way you dismissed her. She's my friend. And the queen of the Veridian Isles." Already he felt like arguing with her and these were the first few words they had said to one another in 11 months and 17 days.

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 07-26-2017

Sophia wasn’t at all put off by his less than eager approach to the conversation she wanted to have. Totally unfazed by him, as she usually was in all things. Surprising no one, she only cared about one thing, and that was getting her way. A little resistance from her on and off again boyfriend wasn’t going to sway her, because what she currently wanted was him.

Again.

She pouted as he tried to dissuade her, but his tone did not stop her from moving closer until she towered over him where he still sat on the bed. Didn’t stop her from draping her arms around his neck and toying with the fine hairs that rested against his skin. “It’s hard to talk when you’re away,” she whined, making it seem like it was entirely his fault that no contact had come between them. “But we can talk now. I know we left things rough, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t an ‘us.” Sophia smiled suggestively, and lowered her mouth towards his. “There’s always an ‘us.” He lips hovered enticingly over his, teasing much the same way he’d been doing to Julianna not only moments before.

This however, did not end in a kiss. He was still intent on arguing with her, and even on bringing the cat into the conversation. Sophia’s expression turned sour and she stood straight. “I know who she is,” she snapped. Her hands moved to rest on his shoulders. “Not that you bothered to introduce your friend to me. And I didn’t dismiss her, she left on her own.” If he wanted to argue that’s exactly what they would do. “And just because she’s the queen of some fuck all place across the world, doesn’t mean I have to treat her special.”

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - saronym - 07-27-2017

The pleasurable electric sensation that tingled down the back of his neck was entirely involuntary. She knew. She knew exactly what she was doing. Her mouth was so close, too close to his. But he was steadfast and resisted closing that distance though it was unclear whether he would have accepted a kiss if she had tried to steal one from him.

“There isn’t always an us, Sophia. That’s why we aren’t married right now. That’s why we haven’t spoken in a year.”

Owen rolled his shoulders to shrug her hands away. She didn’t get to touch him when they argued. He remembered having set this rule for himself during the last stint in their relationship. When she was being outright mean or obviously manipulative: no touching.

He didn’t like being the one sitting down while she practically lorded over him so he stood up. It put him at the vantage of looking down at her while she cussed about Julianna’s home nation. She made a good point though. That he hadn’t introduced them. He wondered how that made Julianna feel. Did she feel like he was hiding something from her? That seemed to be Sophia’s reaction. He felt bad about that. Guilty even.

“You’re right. I should have introduced you two. It maybe would have made things less awkward. Okay? Happy? I'm stressed and disoriented from being on a boat for nine months. So give me a break, would you?”

Owen wasn't entirely sure how he ended up being the one admitting fault and essentially apologizing. A deep breath in through the nose and out again in an almost inaudible sigh. He glanced at the door looking for a way out of the conversation. “Isn’t dinner almost ready? Maybe we should go help my mom?”

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 07-27-2017

Sophia rolled her eyes at his counter-argument, and scoffed when he shrugged her off of him. Her fingers balled into fists and she propped them up on her hips. “I wasn’t ready to get married,” she shot back. How many times had he even asked over the course of their time together? Three times? They’d been together on and off for more years than that. Sort of like high school sweethearts as it were. She wasn’t going to let him dissuade her.

“We haven’t spoken in a year,” she agreed. “Which is why things are different now. We’re different now. So, don’t you think it’s fair that we give each other another a chance?” ‘We’re different,’ ‘each other a chance.’ Sophia tried to disperse the blame on both of them. Like, she wasn’t the one who had declined all of his proposals, or thrown a tantrum every time he would leave for deployment.

The brunette scoffed again, and took a step back when he stood. Her arms folded over her chest. “It’s whatever,” she snapped. “I didn’t think she was going to be here for very long so I didn’t care. Won’t she have important queen things to get back to?”

Owen was making excuses and asking her to let him off the hook. Fine. It was clear to her that this conversation wasn’t going to go where she wanted it to if they kept on like this. She figured she could give him a day or to to get re-situated back at home and then they’d have a real talk about it. He was already trying to escape anyway. She reluctantly agreed. “Yeah, fine, whatever.”

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - saronym - 08-16-2017

Owen threw his hands up at her goading him to give her ‘another chance’ to see that ‘things were different.’ His hands slapped down against his thighs punctuating his frustration at her. “I don’t know, Sophia. I don’t feel very different.” He scratched agitatedly at his hair. He did feel different in that he had taught himself to move on from the woman who he had been obsessed with. And now he didn’t know that he wanted to get sucked back into old habits. “I’ll think about it. And let you know, alright?”

The compromise he offered her made him feel weak. He should have put his foot down and just asked her to leave him alone. Somehow he didn’t have the heart to turn someone away. Perhaps it was part of his upbringing in an exceptionally welcoming home. Perhaps he wanted to believe that the best possible version of Sophia was just beyond the horizon. The version of her he wanted to love.

Whatever it was, it left him feeling less certain of himself.

“I don’t know how long she will stay. Probably through the holidays. She has people to help manage the country, of course. I don’t know why you feel so threatened by her, but maybe you should think about that while I think about the other stuff.”

With that statement in which he had essentially encouraged Sophia to think of herself as Julianna’s competition, Owen left the room and shut the door with more force than was necessary. The thundering of his steps as he trotted down the stairs announced his coming presence to whoever was below. It wasn’t that Owen was stomping necessarily, it was the combined effect of his weight and speed that made his steps sound so loud.

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 09-07-2017

Sophia was clearly unhappy with Owen’s answers. She advertised this with a furrowed brow and annoyed huffing as he spoke to her the way he was. How dare he she thought bitterly. In her mind he had made it very clear that she should see this new woman as a threat. Which she would, and that only made her determined to make Julianna’s life miserable while she was here. Sophia didn’t like losing. After a few moments of brooding, she exited the room. After gathering her things, she made forced pleasantries as she said her goodbyes to the Harts.

On the way out the door she bumped solidly into the chest of a man she didn’t recognize. “Sorry,” she muttered.

“No problem,” he said, though she didn’t seem interested. He stepped out of her way, and watched as she walked off towards the line of cars with a huff. Sai replaced her in the doorway and knocked on the already open barrier. Though he would like to get out of the cold and snow he wasn’t about to invite himself into a house that he was unfamiliar with.

“Anybody home?” He called out, a chuckle in his words as he pushed a hand back through his snow-covered hair. He could hear the sounds of many voices throughout the domicile, and was feeling playful that evening. He’d had fun wandering the city after Julianna had all but abandoned him. He’d even had to ask around about the Hart family to find out where they even lived. He didn’t blame the tiny queen, who had been all too eager to depart with her beau. He could handle himself, and now he’d come back to his duties bearing the queen’s gifts.

Julianna had hidden herself away from Sophia in the kitchen with Ishara and a few of the other family members. She’d been introduced, but was still working on committing their names to memory. They were baking cookies, which she had never done before and was absolutely thrilled to be included in the process. Ishara dumped almost an entire back of chocolate chips into a minty batter that she had Julianna stirring.

Ears twitched to the call from the front of the house. “Oh!” She said, tail swaying. She just now remembered that she had forgotten about Sairus. “That’s my guardsman.” She laughed as she stepped away from the counter. She smiled brightly at Owen, before walking past him to greet Sai.

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - saronym - 09-29-2017

The companionship of a guest in her kitchen was warmly welcomed by Ishara who chattered cheerfully at the foreign queen as they went through the recipe together. Ishara tuned to the noises of her home had heard footsteps on the stairs and turned to peer from the kitchen, half hidden behind the door jamb as she watched Owen’s feet come into view followed by Sophia’s. Tense goodbyes were exchanged with the Owen’s ex and Ishara returned to the kitchen only to find herself interrupted yet again by another visitor calling from the front door. A man’s voice.

Ishara’s face was a mask of confusion before it smoothed into understanding that the queen had brought a guard with her. “Come on in, darling!” She called from the kitchen as Julianna left to collect her guard. Both women passed by Owen who was left turning to follow them to greet their new guest.

As per usual, the Hart household was chaos.

Ishara ushered curious children away so as to let the very large and very handsome man into the house. “Move, move, move.” She waved hands at children that scurried before her. “Go get that door.” She instructed one of the kids while hugging herself against the cold draft that followed the guard into the home.

Just as with the arrival of the queen, the entire Hart clan was gathered in the living room spying the newcomer with a constellation of green and blue-grey eyes. Ishara rushed forward and stood on her tiptoes to reach the man’s face and pulled him down to kiss either of his cheeks in greeting. “Welcome, welcome!” She sang at him and then made a kind of high pitched cooing noise. “Oh he’s solid!” Her hands fell down to his arms which she squeezed coquettishly. “Are you single?” She was asking before she even had his name. “I have a couple of unwed children running around here. Vic-”

“Alright, dear.” Renly interrupted before Ishara could call out their youngest daughter to embarrass her. “Nice to meet you, uh, …” He left it open for the man to announce himself to the family.

Briana shoved past her grandfather’s legs to spy nosily at the packages held in the guard’s hands. “He has presents!” She shrieked which set off a chorus of excited howls from the rest of the children who surged forward skillfully resisting their parents hands.

Ishara yelled over the din to her daughter. “Victoria bring him a cider. You like rum?” She didn’t wait for his confirmation. “Put some rum in it for him, the man’s practically frozen.”

The redheaded daughter blinked out of whatever spell she had been put under in staring at the exquisite specimen of man that had entered their home. "Yes mama." She uttered sheepishly reverting to old childhood norms in adressing her mother in her embarrassment. She turned beat red and rushed away into the kitchen before anyone could notice.

The process of ushering the children away to get their guest into the living room began.

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 10-01-2017

Sai moved as far into the door as he could while being surrounded by children who’d noticed his bearing gifts, and a gathering of adults looking up at him curiously. He didn’t seem to mind the attention, and his large form easily moved clamoring kids to the side while also being gentle with them. The door was closed behind him and he held the bags he’d brought high and out of their grasps. Sai nodded a respectful greeting to Julianna when he spotted her; he didn’t have time for much more because a pretty redhead was pawing at him.

He laughed jovially, and wasn’t embarrassed by Ishara’s touch or her immediate desire to pawn him off on one of her children. “Sairus Weatherfare,” he explained, when Renly left the question open for him. “Captain of the Veridian Queensgaurd.” He was serious for a moment, but that grin appeared again. “Just Sai is fine.”

“The rest is still outside,” he explained, to Julianna when she approached and reached for the bags he’d brought. “These are just the toys,” he continued in a deliberately loud whisper, that incited the children once more.

Jules smiled, tail flickering as she opened one of the bags and peeked inside. She gasped dramatically. “These are the toys,” she confirmed. And like a pied piper she was leading a horde of children towards the living room where she could more easily distribute her gifts.

“It’s hard to say no to a good rum, ma’am.” He winked at Ishara as he shrugged out of his coat. He watched another redhead leave the room at her mother’s request. Just a glimpse of her; a fiery mane and a curved figure all wrapped up cozy in wool.

Victoria.

Wouldn’t mind getting to know her.

“Luckily, you won’t have to worry about me drinking through you supply because her majesty was insistent that we bring some of our own. I don’t know if she’s had time to brag about it yet, but one of our islands is famous for it.” He laughed again, amber eyes flitting over the faces of adults until the landed on Owen. His expression hardened for a moment, before he was back to smiling at Ishara. “She insisted on bringing so many things. Judging by that sweater I’ve never seen before I’m thinking she brought more gifts than clothing.”

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - saronym - 10-17-2017

“I’ll get them.” Owen volunteered himself to retrieve the rest of whatever Sairus had brought with him. He excused himself, skirting around the larger man and children, before letting himself out into the cold to bring in the rest of the packages and bags.

Ishara rounded Sai as he removed his coat. Coming up behind him, she added her unnecessary help to him which mostly meant she put her hands on his back and shoulders before taking the coat from him. She shook folded it over her arm before hanging it neatly among the other coats on the rack in the foyer.

The family herd had migrated like a pack led by the queen who held the package rumored to be filled with toys. As they maneuvered the group into the sitting room, Renly began pointing to his ever expanding family one by one for the benefit of their guest. “My wife Ishara. Our children Simon, Martin, Aldora, Victoria is in the kitchen, and of course, you must know Owen. This is Simon’s wife Diedra, and Sasha there belongs to Martin, and Aiden is Aldora’s husband. And the grandkids: Kathleen, Morgan, Rory, Sloan, Briana, and Brenen.”

Owen returned with the rest of the packages in his hands and set them indiscriminately on the table seated in the middle of the family room. He had a dusting of snow on his shoulders and in his hair and immediately moved before the fire to warm up after a brief stint outside. “It’s really coming down now.” He added to no one in particular. His father hummed his understanding as he was generally the one interested in the weather.

The faces of several Hart men brightened and Owen turned around from the fire looking expectantly at Sai upon the suggestion that Julianna had instructed Sai to bring rum.

“The rum from Dakannore is the world’s finest.” Renly asserted. Nobody offered any sort of disagreement to that definitive statement.

Victoria returned from the kitchen bearing a large steaming mug of cider on a saucer. She accompanied the drink with several slices of aged cheese. She was concentrating on not spilling the drink in the overfull mug but stopped short when she heard her father mention Dakannore rum.

“Oh was I supposed to -” she glanced around the room looking as if she had made some kind of social faux pas by not serving their guest rum from his own country. She pointedly avoided his eyes in particular. “- put that in this one? The other bottle was out and I just -”

“I’m sure it’s fine dear. Come have a seat.” In the bustle Ishara had somehow managed to position herself next to Sairus whose arm she linked with hers. She pulled him towards the couch and waved her hand at children who scooted and scurried away. “You too Victoria.” The insistent mother was already playing match-maker as she gestured to Victoria to seat herself next to the guardsman.

Victoria hesitated but complied. She blushed a deep red even as she sat gracefully next to Sai. She offered him the saucer and mug she had been sent to retrieve for him.

RE: Full Sail [Closed] - megs - 11-02-2017

It didn’t take long for Julianna to hand out gifts to excited children. They were absolutely ecstatic to be receiving such gifts only days before Wintersfeast. Echoes of polite thank yous sounded off as she offered various toys and playful trinkets for amusement to them all. There were gifts for the adults as well. Julianna had someone managed to bring a little something for everyone. Days of listening to Owen emphatically speaking of his family having paid off. She’d hung on his every word, enthralled by stories of the family she had hoped to meet one day, and here she was.

Dried herbs from the apothecary on Eryra for Ishara and Victoria. A carved pipe of purple heart wood from Macrilan for Renly. Personalized leralo, in silver and gold with delicate charms for the women, and bottles of rum for all the men. The most extravagant gift, she had saved for last and for Owen, a large bottle of the oldest rum from Dakannore. Aged two hundred and fifty years, to the vocalized jealousy of all his brothers.

Sairus was having a fine time, sipping spiked cider and sitting next to the blushing Victoria. He had taken the bait that the oh so subtle Ishara had set out for him, and attempted to make small conversation with her throughout the evening. She was a bashful little thing, with a face almost as red as her hair, but Sai was patient.

Julianna sat on the floor and played with the smaller children, most of the night, participating in questions and conversation as they happened. There were plenty of questions, regarding her home and her status as queen, but most of the question came from Ishara on her status as unmarried. Eventually, the children were ushered off to bed and most of the parents joined them, citing a continuation of early morning to comes.

The queen was beginning to feel the gentle pull of sleep as well. After a few more cups of spiked cider by the fire, her ears drooped sleepily off the side of her head. Her tail swayed a gentle rhythm over the floor. When she yawned, she laughed lightly and excused herself, and even though she wanted to spend more time with Owen she accepted Ishara’s offer to take her to her room.

Julianna thanked her profusely for the room and the kindness. Ishara waved her off with pats to her cheek and it’s nothing’s before wishing her a good night leaving her to herself.