alonimi
Reiterations [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Reiterations [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=687)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 05-07-2017

Aphrodite looked at him when he made that uncharacteristic noise. It was the kind of sound she would have expected to hear come from Owen. Her face smoothed into sympathy, her thumb still making motions across his arm. “Don’t say that,” she whispered, almost pleading with him. “Don’t say that,” she repeated. “Please.” He moved closer and everything in her mind went blissfully blank. The shape of her body formed perfectly against hers. Her face fit just right in the palm of his hand. She leaned into his touch, eyes falling closed. She sighed, as the tip of his thumb just barely skirted across her lashes.

She opened her eyes again at the sound of that heartbroken laugh. She took his face in both of her hands, prompting him to look up at her. Her fingers caressed a strong jaw and the fine stubble that decorated it. Aphrodite couldn’t resist running her thumb across his bottom lip as he spoke. She knew she shouldn’t be touching him like this. She didn’t know what to say, when he looked at her like that. When he was as close to her as he was. He’d always had that effect on her.

She absolutely should not have kissed him, but she leaned forward nonetheless and pressed her mouth against him. She took a step forward, filling any millimeter of space that could have been left between them. Her hands slid from his face, trailing down his neck and settling on his shoulders. This wouldn’t fix anything, but it felt good for now.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - saronym - 05-07-2017

Sanders had calculated the distinct possibility of that kiss moments before and was highly prepared for it.

So prepared that when her lips met his, he sort of swept her into his arms. One hand curling tight around her back and curling into the curve her hip. The other arm surrounded her shoulders. A classically posed kiss like something from an old black and white movie. He crushed her against him with her head tilted backwards. A spill of hair blonde curls tickled his forearm.

His open mouth on hers could taste the slight bitterness of beer still on her tongue. Sanders didn’t mind the taste at all and kissed her with a sort of hungry desperation. His hands shifted around until they found the point where her blouse was tucked into the front of her skirt. He started tugging at the shirt to untuck it. When it was free he started at the top to undo each button on the way down

His head dipped towards her neck and he breathed “I missed you” against the skin that he kissed there. His hands slid into the opened shirt to touch warm skin and her breasts still captured by her bra.

The softness of her under his hands made him exhale in relief against her collar.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 05-15-2017

Aphrodite had never doubted his intentions. That step he had taken closer to her, the way he had cupped the side of her face; she wouldn’t be surprised to find out that even that sad laugh and the lowering of his head had all been thoughtful actions that would lead to this very moment. Sanders had a knack for getting what he wanted from her.

Her enthusiasm rivaled his, lips parting and moving in an eager rhythm against his mouth. Her hands slid into his hair as she titled her body away from him slightly to give him better access, to her clothing. Which was suddenly and all at once very inconvenient to her. Her breath fell outward in a sigh as his hands found her breasts and his lips found the pulse that fluttered against her neck. She tilted her chin to give him better clearance.

She still trembled for him touch, anticipatory of the attention of a man who knew how to touch and tease her in the best ways. “I missed you,” she echoed, because it was true. At the end of the day, they didn’t work together, but she still fucking missed him every day.

Her hands disappeared from his hair and dropped lower, maneuvering between his limbs like a puzzle she had memorized until she reached that elaborate and over-sized belt buckle. She didn’t need to see it to know how to unclasp it, to push it out of the way to unbutton and unzip his jeans. She resisted slipping her hand down the front of the denim and cupping the hard length of him.

Aphrodite was equally versed in driving Sanders crazy. Instead, she shoved her hands beneath his shirt, teasing short fingernails over the muscled plane of his stomach.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - saronym - 05-18-2017

Sanders’ mouth was back on hers by the time she was unbuckling his belt. The sounds of the clasps drew a smile out of him. A smile that pressed against her mouth. His breath hitched when her fingers ran across his stomach. It sent a tingling sensation down his spine. He sighed almost in frustration into her mouth when her fingers kept moving up instead of down. His belt was still dangling and pants unbuttoned which left his throbbing erection with a little more room.

His hands left her long enough to peel the t-shirt from his body. He bunched it up with his hands and tossed it to the counter next to them before he grabbed her neck to pull her mouth hard back against his.

He shoved her blouse from her shoulders. It fluttered to the floor at their feet while his hands slide down the curve of her spine until they cupped her ass with a firm grip. A growl of appreciation sounded in the back of his throat at the feel of her. He stepped to the side, turning her to press her back against the counter, his hands trapped between the cabinet and her bottom. Pressing her there against the counter, he ground yearning hips into hers.

As soon as his knuckles hit the counter though he knew that he didn’t want her there in the kitchen. All those hard surfaces, cool to the touch, and with sharp edges. No. He wanted her upstairs. He wanted her in the bed. In his bed.

“Come on.” He said, pulling at her hips now. Push, pull. He wanted her so badly he could barely decide how he wanted her.

He took her by the hand and led her through the kitchen to the stairs and they mounted together with her trailing behind. In the hall, he couldn’t wait. He turned back to her and scooped her up into his arms. He’d carry her the rest of the way so they could keep kissing. Only needing one arm to support her, the other hand skirted to her bra strap. He could multi-task. Kiss and carry and unhook.

The bra fell away somewhere around the bedroom door. Sanders crashed into bed with her underneath him. It bounced and squeaked under the weight of them. The skirt she wore fluffed out around them from the petticoats. So much fabric between them.

Sanders’ lips skirted down the length of her neck, marking a path between her breasts, and down to her stomach. His hands tugged at the skirt and petticoats, coaxing them from her hips and legs, until she was free of them.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 08-03-2017

It was impossible for Aphrodite to forget all of the reasons that she and Sanders couldn’t be together. Why they didn’t really work out. But lying naked on his bed with his hands on her body and his mouth on hers, those reasons were easier to ignore. She clung to him, capturing his lips again and again wanting every inch of his skin against hers as if they’d never let each other go.

In the morning, Dite woke to the familiar sound of text messages being sent to her phone. A pleasant chime that sounded from within the pocket of her skirt that had been discarded somewhere on Sanders’ bedroom floor. Rolling away from him, she removed herself from beneath his arm and sat up. She lifted her arms above her head in a stretch that elongated her upper body. In the morning light it was easier to make out the bruises that marred her skin. Telltale marks in varying colors and sizes. Some where the dull yellow of a few days time, and other were still the sickly purple of something fresher. Glaring reminders to the trials of trying to become a pack alpha.

She didn’t know if she had woken Sanders when she had moved, and she didn’t turn to find out. Pushing herself to the edge of the bed, she swung her legs over the side and padded around to find the source of the noise. Shaking the phone out of her skirt, she thumbed in her password to open a string of texts from a number she didn’t recognize, but detailing a subject matter that she did.

Aphrodite wasn’t aware that she was smiling as she read through a one-sided conversation from Holland. Even in text the tone of them seemed to grow in desperation as he continued. Rose was apparently giving him a hard time about the ice cream Dite had promised her for good behavior. Even though, it didn’t read like she was actually behaving. Aphrodite typed out a quick reply, askance of a bit of time to get ready before taking them out for the incentivized treat.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - saronym - 08-13-2017

The sound of Aphrodite’s text messages also woke Sanders. His subconscious knew the messages weren’t for him - they weren’t his text sounds - so his waking was much slower, less urgent. When the warmth of her body moved away from his he made a grunting sound of protest. His eyes weren’t open yet but they did when she didn’t return to him. Hadn’t he indicated that he didn’t want her to move?

Eyes peeked open to find his naked ex-girlfriend engrossed in her phone. Smiling at whatever texts were displaying on screen. He felt a throb of pain and worry course through him. Who else demanded her attention this morning? Who else could draw such a smile from her?

He threw the sheets aside and pushed himself up. “Who’s that?” He asked sounding very much like the insecure and nosy jealous boyfriend though he had no right to be. That was a debatable point given that she had spent the night with him. Whether they were together or not felt sort of blurred and undefined at the moment.

Sanders padded across the floor to met her. He brushed her hair aside and peered down at her, pointedly avoiding looking down at the texts she typed. He had his pride after all. He wouldn’t be caught dead trying to snoop.

“Come back to bed.” His hand trailed from her hair down her arm over multicolored bruises and slipped around her back. A gentle pressure against her spine indicated his instruction.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 08-13-2017

Aphrodite didn’t look up at Sanders as he left the bed to approach her. His tone had registered with her, but she was choosing to ignore it. She kept her gaze on her phone, continuing to type out responses as the messages came. “It’s Holland,” she said, distractedly. She remembered mentioning him the night before, but it didn’t occur to her that the revelation could possibly bother Sanders.

Clicking off her phone, her eyes pulled upwards to his when his fingers threaded through her hair. He was looking down at her with the usual softness and affection she had come to expect from him, but she knew him well enough to see the jealousy that lingered around his eyes.

His touch at her back was more of a suggestion than a demand, and she easily resisted being convinced back towards the bed. Though his touch was warm and familiar with a promise of a repeat of their night together, she shook her head slowly. “I think I should head out, actually,” she explained. She stepped forward and away from that hand on her, leaning down to retrieve her skirt, and the petticoats and panties that had been bundled up in it. She sorted out the items so she could put them on proper. “I told Holland’s daughter that I would take her for ice cream, and I guess she’s cashing in on that promise.” Dite chuckled softly as she thought of the sweet child she had met the day before. She tried to find her shirt, before remembering that it had been lost somewhere, along with her bra while coming up the stairs and down the hall.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - saronym - 08-26-2017

“Holland?” He repeated the name back to her with more than obvious disbelief and even criticism. As if there was something inherently wrong with her accepting and answering texts from another available man while she engaged in whatever they were currently engaged in. Desperate lonely ex sex.

She moved away from his touch and proceeded to dress himself. Suddenly he felt increasingly ridiculous standing before her naked and exposed both literally and figuratively. So he too found something to cover himself with. A pair of boxers and a white t-shirt would do.

“Right. It makes sense for you to run off and see another man right after we fucked.” He said angrily as he shoved his legs one by one into his boxers and jerked them up to cover his nakedness.

Sanders clearly didn’t care that Dite had evoked the child because he found it to be a convenient excuse for her to see another man - one of his own friends even.

“Are you going to tell him about last night before he tries to fuck you? Are you going to let him know that we’re still in love?”

Though a normally good natured and good spirited man, Sanders had let their breakup push him into an uncharacteristic bitterness evidenced by his own harsh words.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 08-26-2017

Aphrodite paused in buttoning up her skirt long enough to settle the weight of a furrowed brow over a sharp violet gaze onto Sanders. Turned slightly at the waist to do so; she didn’t like the way he said the other man’s name back to her. She didn’t appreciate the way she felt judged by his clipped response. Sanders started to dress himself, and Dite went back to down the same. He continued speaking as he maneuvered around the room, and it wasn’t so much that she ignored him as she just didn’t immediately respond.

She laughed, but it was a harsh and derisive sound. Not at all appreciative of his anger. "Before he tries to fuck me," she repeated, shaking her head. "Because that's all anyone could want from me, right? Because it's why you invited me over?" His words stung, daggers in her heart, just as he intended them.

Brushing past him to pick up her bra where it lay half in the doorway she huffed, irritated at him. It was like this with him every time she tried to leave. “But yes, that’s exactly what I am going to do.” She clipped the bra behind her back and pulled the straps over her shoulders. “I am definitely going to mention our hookup while I take a child out for ice cream.” The incredulity in her accented tone was entirely meant to convey that he sounded ridiculous. Mean and petty.

“Are we?” She snapped at him, turning to face him, still half dressed. She frowned and spread out her arms in a clearly exasperated manner. They fell back against her fluffy skirt with a dull noise. “Is that what this seems like to you? That we’re still in love? Two people who were too selfish to make their relationship work? Who keep falling into bed, but can’t be civil when they get out of it? Is that was this is?”

Dite lifted her hands again and pushed them against her face, they moved upwards to push back her hair, which only fell forward again when her hands left to steeple in front of her mouth. She closed her eyes and released a long exhale through her nose. “Every time,” she started, lips moving against the sides of her hands. “Every time you find a way to make me regret coming here.”

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - saronym - 08-28-2017

Sanders posted himself up in the middle of the bedroom with his arms crossed firmly over his chest like an inanimate object watching Aphrodite with disappointment as she continued to gather her things. How many times would they fight before they were done for good? He wondered. This one felt pretty bad to him.

“That’s not what I said.” He countered aggressively letting his hands fall from his chest to articulate his agitation against his thighs. “You’re twisting up my words.”

Sanders moved suddenly to cross the room to her in a couple of angry strides. He grabbed at her waist and held firmly while he stared down into her eyes. “I invited you over here because, yeah, I’m still in love with you.”

She had pushed futilely at her hair so he raised both hands to her face, pushing her hair away with his fingers he held her face with as much urgency as he had her waist. “I still love you.” He repeated. “And that stirs up a lot of shit inside of me when you say you’re going to see another man even when you characterize it as benign. Which I know, I know that it’s not. Sorry I can’t be pleased for you. Have fun with Holland.”

He muttered that last sentence before releasing her and then turned away as if that were the final word to be said on the matter.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 09-02-2017

Aphrodite knew that look. That resolute posture he took up when something he didn’t like was happening. She had been seeing it more and more since their break up. She knew that there was nothing she could say that would make him react any differently. Sanders was determined to be upset. At her, at the situation. She was better off just leaving like she had already planned.

“It is exactly what you said,” she contended, huffing angrily as he reached for her. Slightly shorter than him, meant her eye level was at his chin so she stared at that instead of lifting her face to look up at him. Aphrodite could feel Sanders looking down at her, and knew she didn’t want to see the affection in his eyes that matched his words. She kept her face passive as he spoke, even though her stomach still turned to butterflies hearing those words from him.

His hands moved to her face and she was forced to look up at him. She wouldn’t say it back. She refused to. He already knew and she wouldn’t give him the satisfaction when he tried to use it against her. They weren’t an item anymore and that was a decision they had made together. “You don’t know that,” she replied, brusquely. He wasn’t entirely wrong, however. Her affection for Rose was by no means eclipsed by her attraction to Holland, but the blossoming feelings were still there. “It’s just what you want to think because you want to be mad at me right now.”

Sanders had his back turned to her and she frowned at it. He had always thought that an confrontation was over when he decided. Dite felt the sting of the dismissal. Truth be told, she found it very unfair for him to be reacting this way when he’d started their night talking about Dawn, the woman he’d started seeing after her. Aphrodite sighed. “I’ll talk to you later, Sanders,” she said before turning away. It was said because she knew it was inevitable. There was always a later. Neither of them yet satisfied with how things ended.

Aphrodite retrieved her shirt from Sanders’ kitchen, and quickly buttoned it over her chest before leaving the ranch house. She drove home, to shower and change, updating Holland on her eta periodically, while he updated her on the status of Rose’s burgeoning tantrum.

It was later in the morning when she arrived at the popular little ice cream shop in the downtown. It was small, and cozy and the fifties malt shop aesthetic only made her love it more. She looked like she was just another part of the decorations, while she waited for Holland and Rose to arrive. Sitting at one of the whitewashed tables outside she wore vintage high-waisted shorts and a summery sleeveless blouse that was decorated in tiny flowers and tied off above her navel. Her hair was pushed back with a headband, and oversized sunglasses hid violet eyes from the sunny day. She accessorized with patent leather ballet flats and a few bakelite bangles. She idly texted Julianna back and forth about what happened with Sanders until they arrived.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - saronym - 09-04-2017

Sanders didn’t say another word to Aphrodite while she finished dressing to leave. He moved from his bedroom into the adjoining bathroom and started the shower. The argument was over. He had said his piece and she wasn’t changing her course. It was merely a replay of the same kinds of behaviors from both of them that had ended their relationship. Neither willing to give even an inch in compromise for the other.

With a promise to meet them for morning ice cream, Holland had been able to calm Rose enough so that he could her dressed and groomed for the day. The three year old had previously been taken up with a remarkable tantrum. He thought such behavior was something to be seen in the twos and not the threes. The anxious father was consumed with worries that her mother hadn’t appropriately reared the child. He wondered irrationally whether her development was delayed or whether she was exhibiting early signs of his own anxiety disorder. That would certainly explain her inconsolable state in which she demanded over and over for ice cream and Dite. As if she were obsessed.

But - his worries proved irrational indeed when the child immediately calmed upon being promised what she demanded. Apparently, Rose just knew how to get what she wanted. While they waited for Aphrodite to ready herself, Holland dressed Rose in a simple cotton dress decorated in a pattern of grey ducks. He paired that with yellow velcro sandals that matched perfectly to the big yellow bow that he fastened on one side of her head with a sweep of her hair back on that side.

His own dressing took longer than Rose’s as he found himself compulsively changing his shirt. He switched from one button up to another unable to be satisfied by something about each shirt. The wrong shade, the wrong texture. What he finally settled on a grey t-shirt in the same shade as the ducks on Rose’s dress, plain dark skinny jeans, and his favorite worn out red Converse.

The fiasco with dressing put the two of them put Holland and Rose behind Aphrodite in arriving to the ice cream shop. He spotted her easily out front by the platinum blonde hair that seemed to gleam in the sun. His eyes were hidden behind dark aviator sunglasses and so his abject staring at her was hidden while swung his Jeep into a parking spot. Rose had also spotted their ice cream date and was eager to get out of the car. She had already unbuckled herself from the car seat and slid right out from under Holland’s arms when he opened the door to pull her out. The girl dropped rather gracefully onto the pavement and took off at a run towards the blonde screaming “Dite!” as she ran with her hands out.

Holland whirled around and started after her. “Rose!” He yelled as his head swung right and left looking for any on-coming cars in the parking lot. There were none and so he let the child go while he closed the doors and locked up.

Holland then joined the girls who were enjoying a happy reunion but the tight press of his lips indicated he wasn’t pleased with his daughter’s behavior. He didn’t correct her, but instead pushed his sunglasses up to the top of his head and simply gave Dite a worn looking smile.

“We made it.” He said sounding exasperated. His hands gestured outward with futility before slapping against his thighs. His hands rubbed up and down over his thighs as if he were itching his palms. “You look -” he hesitated, hazel eyes sweeping over her and pausing perhaps longer than was polite on that little peep of navel. “-lovely.” He felt odd complimenting her that way, considering this wasn’t exactly a date date.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 09-05-2017

Dite spotted the Jeep she recognized from the Hart’s house and watched it pull into an empty space near the shop. She was already smiling, ending her conversation with Julianna and clicking off the phone. The device went deep into her bag where it would likely be forgotten during her time with Holland and Rose.

The blonde was already crossing to meet them when Rose darted out of the car to greet her. Noting the near reckless way the child was coming at her, she jogged the short distance to scoop Rose up and into her arms before oncoming traffic became more of a threat. She laughed and easily lifted the girl to prop her up on her hip, locking her arms around her for support. “Hello, darling,” she greeted, smiling brightly at the little girl. She pet at some flyaway hairs, tucking them back around the little bow in her hair.

When Holland joined them, she noticed the tight expression on his face. He didn’t scold Rose, who appeared oblivious to her own behavior. Perhaps, he didn’t want to say anything in front of her. Pursing her lips, Dite pushed her sunglasses into her, before she put on her best disapproving teacher look. “You have to be more careful around cars, love,” she said. “You have to look both ways, you could have gotten hurt.” She poked the child on her nose, and flashed a brilliant smile in Holland’s direction.

“You’re right on time,” she said, cheerfully. There had been no set time per se, but she didn’t want him feeling like they were late because she got there first. Her eyes briefly dropped to the motion of his hands over his thighs. She’d seen him do it before. She was trying to piece together what it signaled. Just as quickly her sights returned to his face. “Thank you.” Her smile somehow brightening. “As do you,” she replied, having no qualms about returning the accolade of ‘lovely’ back on him. “And so do you pretty Rose. You and your dad match today. Isn’t that cute?”

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - saronym - 09-08-2017

Rose took the instruction from Aphrodite well. She bobbed her head agreeably and sang, “Yes, Miss Dite,” very obediently.

The anxious father looked relieved and appreciative when Dite took the lead in schooling Rose. Indeed, he failed to do so in part to spare both Dite and Rose any embarrassment in being caught with a public scolding. That was an awkward situation he had wanted to avoid and Dite seamlessly issued the right lesson with the right tone of voice.

Holland turned his hand over and peaked at his watch reflexively when Dite mentioned they were ‘on time.’ He nodded much the same as Rose and smiled. “Good! You didn’t have too wait long?” He asked politely as they turned to walk back towards the ice cream shop.

Rose reached without warning for the sunglasses that had been pushed up on top of the woman’s head. Taking hold of them she pulled at the accessory. “I like these!” She exclaimed. The earpiece was caught in locks of Aphrodite’s hair but Rose kept pulling.

“Rose wait.” Holland’s hands jerked to action. He gently unraveled blonde curls from the earpiece and tucked them back to place behind her ear. “You should ask before you take someone’s things, Rose. Please.” He issued these instructions while his fingers were occupied with petting that lock of hair into perfect place behind the shell of her ear.

Rose fingered the sunglasses sheepishly staring at her own reflection in the dark lenses. “Sorry daddy.” She issued the apology to the wrong person before settling the much too large glasses on her face and grinning wide at Dite. They quickly slipped from her nose, but the child was determined to wear them and kept shoving them back into place.

Holland sighed in a way that advertised a kind of parental exasperation mixed with amusement. “She’s a mess.” He muttered to his adult companion.

RE: Reiterations [Closed] - megs - 09-10-2017

“Not long at all,” she confirmed, because something about Holland seemed to need the reassurance. Aphrodite wasn't bothered when Rose reached for her sunglasses. Even with her hair caught in the frames, she laughed lightly and only tilted her head in the direction that she was being pulled and waited patiently as Holland helped her out of it. “Thanks,” she said to him, still smiling and still content to wait as he petted the lock behind her ear. She didn't mind the contact, liking the gentle feeling of his fingers passing over her hair and her ear.

Yeah She continued to hold Rose as they waited in line. Obviously unbothered by toting the child around, who in turn didn't seemed to mind being toted. “We have a hard time getting ourselves together,” she teased, taking part in a moment of female solidarity and petting Rose’s hair away from her forehead. She didn't seem to gather what the adults were talking about but knew enough to know they were talking about her and the attention seemed to be good enough.

She swayed slightly with Rose on her hip; amused at the giggles she could cause to bubble out of the child who still wore the too big sunglasses. “So, were you a good girl for your dad?” She asked Rose, looking down at the child pointedly because she already knew the answer.