alonimi

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Avatar Chat (/showthread.php?tid=672)

@tisper and I have been brainstorming Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra (as to not be confused with blue aliens) OCs for about a week now. I've created this thread to archive and share our ideas. As of now, it's more of an open forum for discussion and brainstorming, than it is open RP. We haven't decided how we want to proceed with carrying out the story as of yet. All of this information if transcribed for text messages so there might be repeated or vague info.

Setting:

90 years after the end of LoK. The Four Nations, the Republic, and the Spirit World exist in relative harmony. At present, the Avatar is nothing more than a political figurehead. A celebrity with no real power in society. It is a common consensus that the Avatar is no longer needed, until a really old, malevolent spirit awakens and starts sucking people and other spirits dry, because it loves the way emotions feel after being locked away for so long.

Most people tolerated the spirit world, seeing it as a minor inconvenience sometimes.

Solution: Close the portal, stop the spirit, or both.

Characters:

Avatar Shiiru: Hates the attention of being the Avatar. Excellent Earthbender (yes metalbending, kinda lavabending, no other specialties). Decent with Fire and Water (since there was no need for an avatar her training has been lax). Miserable with air. Can move through the spirit would easily. Think she will never be good enough even if the world needs her, but no one does so what's the point.

Quizza: Shiiru's non-bender twin. Jealous of Shiiru, because she would give anything to have 'cool weirdo powers'. Insufferable smart-ass, that does not stop talking. Mostly ignores Shiiru's complaints about being the avatar because of her jealousy. Feels like there is nothing special about her; does a lot of things to seek attention. Skilled fighter, hand to hand combat and chi-blocking. Shiiru's self pro-claimed bodyguard. Older by four minutes. Shorter than everyone.

Shiiru was discovered to be that avatar when she was around 4/5 when she and Quizza were playing and got into an argument, and when Quizza told their parents (who already knew she was an earthbender) could also waterbend in a tattle, her parents reported it. The White Lotus took Shiiru away to begin her avatar training (which was very basic) and to protect her from the Red Lotus, just in case. She was allowed to visit her family for short times, but never stay with them. So Quizza and Shiiru grew up on separate end of Omashu until they turned 18, and Shiiru was moved to the new Ba Sing Sae Republic. Quizza completed her chi training and worked her way up so that maybe she could work with her sister in BSS and ended up being right at her side as a sort of guard and public appearance person (almost like a publicist)

Shiiru and Quizza grew up in fairly crowded Omashu, so Shiiru does not have an animal companion. There just wasn't enough space. The twins have no idea how to fly bison, or ride ostrich horses because no one taught them.

The Twins mostly get along despite their differences. Quizza blames herself for Shiiru missing out on a normal childhood. When they are first reunited they get in each other's way and trip over one another but eventually they have to learn to fight together and become more in sync.

Bentu: Disciple of Vaatu. Super Salty about Vaatu being imprisoned within the avatar, and wants to carry out the chaos spirit's will. Sucks happiness and love to make hate and chaos grow stronger. Bentu was once human and was orphaned as a child, after a flood destroyed much of his village. He grew up as an urchin, experiencing mostly negative reactions from everyone. As he got older and got a job, he fell in love with a woman, and experienced positive emotions for like the first time in his life. Eventually he became addicted to that feeling of happiness and was constantly trying to get validation, and love from the woman who eventually wanted to leave him. Unable to take it, he loved her away and eventually killed her because he couldn't stand the thought of her leaving. He was thrown in prison and left to die. Raw emotion turned him into a spirit and he had no idea how to control himself and hated that no one could see him. Eventually, he became so attention started that he sucked all the emotion from the land (spirits and humans) and pretty much killed everything around him. So the avatar of the time period locked him away, because he could not be controlled.

Unnamed Waterbender: Possible male, because we thought it would be cool.

Unnamed Airbender: The Air Nation is still busy trying to rebuild, and has been keeping to themselves. Finding an Airbending teacher for Quizza has proven difficult.

Unnamed Firebender: Female. Very harsh and indifferent at first. Thinks there is no need for an avatar. Which is frustrating for Shiiru because she doesn't even want to be the avatar. Military (the fire nation military outfits were on point yo). Young, but high-ranked official. Practicality is in her nature. Everyone is a little afraid of her. Her bending style seemed more advanced because her movements are so precise. Deadly calm and in-order. Can definitely bend lightning.

Misc:

Rumors of the avatar turning dark because of Vaatu being locked in her.
Bentu basically leaves people angry husks and everyone things Vaatu has already returned, and they begin to shun the avatar.
The Twins are forced to leave Ba Sing Sae when people start to blame the avatar for Bentu's actions. The city leader gives them Eel Hounds and they travel on in the beginning.

RE: Avatar Chat - tisper - 07-09-2016

/slides right in
yaaaaaaaaaaa
hello, it is me !!
i was pondering starting
the storyline around the 21st
birthday of the twins, but that's
up to speculation lmao.

RE: Avatar Chat - megs - 07-09-2016

that's seems like as good a time to start as any!
sounds great

did you want to rp the story? you, me and some other peeps maybe
or did you want to brainstorm more to write solo?

RE: Avatar Chat - tisper - 07-09-2016

oh man if we could rp it out
i'd be so excited to do that *^*

RE: Avatar Chat - megs - 07-10-2016

yeah I think it would be a lot of fun Smile))

RE: Avatar Chat - sir - 07-10-2016

Everything changed when the other peeps attacked
But I believe
We can RP the woooorlddddd

EDIT TIEMS:
Okay so for posterity, the things I brainstormed when Megs told me about the setting earlier were, in no particular order...

RE: Avatar Chat - megs - 07-10-2016

vague indications of previously unnamed fire bender
https://charahub.com/character/891751/Natsumi/public/

RE: Avatar Chat - tisper - 07-12-2016

:0!
oh man that's such a neat thing though !!!!
and megs I love Natsumi
it's too late for me

RE: Avatar Chat - megs - 07-12-2016

YAY
I'm glad you like her. We can brainstorm more on setting now and work on our waterbender a little bit this week, decide who wants to write who and maybe get a diggity dang roleplay started :33

RE: Avatar Chat - tisper - 07-13-2016

yeah man let's do it !!!
i'm ready im excited :0!!!!

RE: Avatar Chat - tisper - 07-13-2016

I had the idea that maybe the waterbender is a nobody.
like, Shiiru is the Avatar, which is an important figurehead at least.
Quizza is a well-known publicist, bodyguard, and an idol in Ba Sing Sae.
Natsumi is a renowned military firebender with credentials and experience.
So what if our waterbender was just a little nobody trying to work themselves up ??
maybe one of the sparring partners for Shiiru's waterbending training, not really well known, even among his own peers, but with high hopes.
Because hostorically, if you hang around the Avatar, something exciting always happens to you.

RE: Avatar Chat - megs - 07-13-2016

yes!! i really like that
the other three are super well known and if civilians run into them and they are kind of starstruck but they get to him and they're like wtf are you??
and he tries to talk himself up but always gets shot down

RE: Avatar Chat - tisper - 07-14-2016

yeah !!!
like whoever they meet out on adventures
they're more excited/concerned with what
the other three have to say because ??
famous/well-known who wouldn't be