alonimi
Knock Three Times [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Knock Three Times [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=663)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - megs - 09-08-2016

Willing to kiss. More than he would admit. He didn't usually focus on the thought, but she did look very kissable. Also didn't look opposed to being seen as such. He wasn't sure where he'd picked up the idea. Of kissing her. I couldn't have strictly been the curl at the corner of her mouth, as suggestive as it was. Was she projecting? It was his natural reaction to blame her, not used to being accountable for such thinking.

He listened to her response as he chose a length of cord. Leather, somewhere between orange and brown in color. Burnt Sienna if it were a crayon, not that he would admit to knowing that. Pushing up the worn and baggy sleeves of the sweater.

Hearing her moving around the room behind him he said, "don't touch anything," too late and turned to find her having picked up the one thing in the room that could potentially harm her. Less of a threat when dried, and it wasn't like he expected her to eat it, but regardless he crossed the room to gently pluck it from her grasp. Fingers brushed together, and he pulled away to set the plant down again.

She'd continued talking the entire time, and he turned a very noticeable shade of pink with her talk of testing the charms. Clearing his throat, he was quickly on the other side of the room again, nearly face first in a row of wrought gold amulets. Her tone didn't sound like she entirely trusted magic. "What does magic keep doing to you?" he asked, wrongfully under the impression that it was a safer subject to pursue.

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - Tindome - 03-22-2017

Nadine – Dinah – fluttered her eyelashes, trying to look innocent instead of just setting the herbs down the way she probably should have. She was rewarded when he took them from her himself, skin touching skin and fingers touching fingers. She didn't think she could get away with just holding his hand all of a sudden, but she thought about it.

He seemed like someone who'd like holding hands. Lacing his fingers with hers, admiring how much smaller her hands were. Nice guys were like that.

She grinned, tried not to laugh outright when he beat a hasty retreat.

She opened her mouth, then shut it again. What could she say? What would Dinah say? It had been an off-hand comment, but now she didn't think it would be in character. Whatever this character was, this woman she was trying to be that would appeal to a man who wore soft sweaters and turned pink. A nice guy.

"Just in general," she shrugged, as if it had always been meant to be vague. Not vampires sinking their teeth into her skin, not werewolves trying to take her home, not buses that went nowhere on Earth, not feathers or gunpowder or pain.

Just general, non-particular fuckery, was all.

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - megs - 05-15-2017

Grayson lifted his head away from his work to roll his eyes upwards to the ceiling. For whatever reason her vague answered annoyed him. He glanced at her over his shoulder, as his fingers braided the cord in complicated knots. He’d made so many of these damn things it was all muscle memory at this point. Why would she trust magic for something like this, if it kept ‘fucking her’ as she had put it.

“I gotcha,” he said, even though he didn’t and the words were only to indicate that he had heard her. He continued to work in silence, because he was not chatty, and she made him nervous for reasons he had yet to figure out.

He worked quickly because it was late (and because of the aforementioned nervousness) and he wanted this woman out of his house, which he would normally consider rude if he didn’t have a bad feeling about her.

Then again, she didn't drink his tea so maybe rudeness suited her.

Grayson turned and thrust the leather out to her. It had been transformed into a boho stylish looking bracelet with complicated knots and flashy gold charms with runes imprinted on them. “One baby repellent charm,” he announced. He cringed even though he was repeating her words back to her. It was ironic and cute when she said it, but he just sounded like an idiot.

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - Tindome - 02-03-2019

"Omigawd." He delight was genuine, running her fingers over the charms. "This is the most Etsy-ass shit."

Was that the Dinah thing to say? Probably not. She ran the leather through her hand. "You're good with knots," she murmured approvingly. Her wrist was thin, bones jutting out against her skin, and the bracelet hung loose from it -- though not loose enough to fall off.

She wasn't exactly planning to go raw-doggin' it any time soon, but condoms weren't perfect and accidents happened. It was nice to think she had a bit of insurance. Assuming it worked. Not a lot of double-blind studies on cute bracelet efficacy.

"So this works as long as I'm wearing it?" she asked for confirmation, wiggling her fingers. "No waiting period or anything?"

Tonight would be nice. With him, if she could pull him off. But she couldn't imagine she'd have that much trouble finding someone else on short notice. She'd rather have him, because he was fucking cute. But cuties didn't always take it so well when offered a complementary dick tasting, which made things take longer than she'd sometimes prefer.

It seemed like a nicer place to spend the night than most.

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - megs - 05-27-2019

Grayson wasn't entirely sure that her observation was a compliment, so he did not respond to it. He only stood and waited for the proper time to direct her towards his door. There was a tightness in his shoulders that he couldn't explain, and pushing at the sleeves of his over-sized sweater was now more a habit of his discomfort.

"That's the theory," he admitted, scratching the back of his neck. "It's...magic. It's not perfect, and it's not infallible." He tried to look at things that were not Dinah. Things that were not green eyes and a mouth that looked like it wanted to eat him. A wind chime, a dream catcher, a potted succulent. Not too thin wrists that would benefit from a grilled cheese or wild curls that he could see himself burying his hands in.

That thought was not his own.

Well, it was of course, but it was something more than that. An empathetic thought. Grey eyes darted back to her only to narrow behind thick lenses. Her mind was in the gutter already and she was dragging him in their with her.

"It works better if you actually believe in it."

His voice didn't sound like his own. It sounded far away. He absolutely needed this woman out of his house.

"It's thirty dollars, by the way. For the bracelet."

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - Tindome - 10-19-2019

She blinked in surprise. "Cash?" she asked. Not that every hedge witch provided their services out of the goodness of their hearts, but. "You don't do barter?" Her hip tilted outward, her lips pursed into a slight pout. "Most witches I've met do trade—favors for favors." All kinds of favors. She was fine with most.

She held up her hands, wiggled her fingers a little, her lack of a purse or any other bag. "I don't carry a lot of cash," she said. She adjusted her glasses higher onto her nose. At some point—she couldn't pinpoint when—she'd swallowed her gum. That probably wasn't healthy.

She buried her hands in her pockets, feeling around her pack of cigarettes and her pack of gum to find her wallet again. She skimmed through it, fake IDs and scraps of paper with phone numbers and condoms. She held up a card. "I have a gift card for Olive Garden," she suggested. "That's like infinite money, if you accept that breadsticks are a form of currency."

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - megs - 10-19-2019

Grayson noticed that she seemed caught of guard by his statement. She blinked at him. He blinked back. He crossed his arms over his chest. He knew what was coming next, and at this point he should have come to expect it. Especially from girls that smelled like cigarettes, with wild curls and a dark shadow hanging over them, that wasn't a charm like that one.

Perhaps, he was trying not to be so presumptive and stereotypical.

"I'm not most witches," he replied. Trying to control his tone so he didn't snap at her. "Favors don't pay my bills," he complained. Furthermore, he wasn't interested in half of the favor offered to him.

She was pouting at him now. Rifling uselessly through her pockets and producing a worn gift card. Grayson sighed loudly and pinched the bridge of his nose, disrupting his glasses in the process. They fell back into place when removed his hand to push it through his hair. "Do you know anything about working in a shop?" Grey eyes darted over her stature and appearance. He'd never had anyone work for him before. Most people just paid for things.

"Help me here in the store tomorrow, and we will...call it even. I guess."

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - Tindome - 10-19-2019

Nadine's whole face blossomed into a grin. "Yeah?"

Ordinarily, she'd rather die than fuck with retail. But this place didn't look like it saw that many customers, and he'd just given her an excuse to come back. Maybe wear something a little more wholesome-cute and a little less fuck-me cute. Or maybe even more fuck-me cute. The ship might have sailed on tricking him into wholesome. But maybe she could trick him into treating himself, if she played her cards right.

She didn't think she was imagining that lingering gaze, the way he looked away too fast and treated her like hot coals.

"I can do that," she decided. "I'm great at sales," she said, which was sort of true, in a way. "Or I can help clean up, if you don't mind me touching your stuff."

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - megs - 10-19-2019

Why was she grinning like that? Probably, because she had gotten what she wanted out of him. A trade. Not because anyone was excited about working in a shop. Well, that wasn't true. Witchy and eclectic teenagers who wanted to get out of having 'real' jobs would boldly request to work for him. "Fine." He sounded grumpy as he acquiesced even though it had been his suggestion.

He narrowed his eyes at her. Why did she look like she was trying to plot something? Maybe, she always looked that way. Maybe, she was always plotting something. If was lucky, she wouldn't even show up tomorrow and he could be done with this whole thing.

He'd be out thirty dollars, but...fine. He'd have to start taking payment up front.

"So, you'll be back? Tomorrow?" He cocked a brow at her, obviously having already convinced himself that she wouldn't be returning. "You can come in the late morning."

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - Tindome - 10-20-2019

She considered the question. She'd only have to be awake before noon, right?

Hm. No. Still too risky. If she went out tonight, she might not wake up until well after then. If she usually stayed up until five… then staying up until eight… that wouldn't be hard. She could do that. Eight was a normal time for a person to be awake. She'd bring coffee. Maybe find some uppers. Wasn't that how retail worked? They'd never be able to cope, otherwise.

"How about early morning?" she countered. "When do you open?" She wrapped a curl around her finger. "I'm very punctual."

Surely, volunteering for an early shift would reflect well on her. Maybe he'd admire her work ethic.

RE: Knock Three Times [Closed] - megs - 10-20-2019

"I open for business at 10 AM," he informed her. Grayson moved past her and into the hall. He was leading her back to the kitchen. A better space to give off the vibe that he was ready for her to leave. More than ready, to be honest. With her outfit and her hair, and the thoughts about his hands in her hair that she kept putting into his head.

Yes, obviously this was all her fault. Entirely her doing. The tea she didn't drink was still sitting on the island. He picked it up to dump it in the sink.

"You can some early. I'll find something for you to do. Stay a bit through the afternoon, and you can be on your way. Debt repaid and everything."

He turned away from the sink to look at her again. His eyes narrowed behind his glasses. His sigils had forced the shadow she had brought with her to remain on his doorstep. A part of him felt bad for pushing her back to it.

"I'll see you out."

[Image: HcYMaBZ.png]