alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 03-16-2017

If you're talking about Byronesque, it was quite a year. Now Wicked, Wanton, and Wired.... that's been a year. >,> DANI!

I mean... I love you~! Meow

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - ambientmagic - 03-20-2017

Hello! I'm new and have no clue what's happening, but I'm enthusiastic about it!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 03-20-2017

HELLO

we love enthusiasm!! :3

(i don't know if it's clear that i'm unpretty but yes)

(actually i should change my forum title probably)

edit: there yes good UNPRETTY PRINCESS POWERS

I recognized the blue hair! I actually have blue streaks, but my hair's dark enough that they don't really show unless someone's looking for 'em. I found the newbie thread post thing so I'm looking at some of the open settings

Is there a place to post characters, or do I just bust em out, or what?

If you wanna post profiles, you can make a thread in the profiles subforum to keep them in, but it's not obligatory unless someone particularly wants to vet characters for a specific thing. Meow The Mud Clod is probably the easiest and fastest walk-in to get started in from the whole list, just because it's shortform and loosey-goosey and nice for getting a feel for things if you're not used to the whole bb-forum thing. BUT if there was something in particular you really wanted to play, we can always figure something out if you let us know~

I'm drawn to Las Ballenas because superheroes are great. I also have a couple characters I've been working with that would fall more into the urban fantasy genre (I think?) which is also good. I'm used to doing 1x1 RP and Blade mentioned posting on the "seeking" board for those--that's more for a specific plot thing, right? I'm gonna hop over to the Mud Clod and take a look

SORRY ABOUT SERVER HICCUPS tumblr also seems down and discord keeps going down so i feel less bad about it than i could but STILL

anyway yes, seeking is sort of a general way to put a call out, like "HEY i have an idea for a thread i wanna do, does anyone want to do this with me" where usually you outline the character you want to play, and the kind of character you'd like to see them interacting with, and maybe a rough outline of some tropes you want to explore or something. seeking threads are the most obvious way to be like HELLO I AM HERE AND AVAILABLE COME PLAY WITH ME

but a lot of people also just use this here chat for general brainstorming Tongue walk-ins are fun for throwing chars at a wall and seeing what sticks, or just if you want to play someone but haven't decided what you want them to do yet or anything. or just getting the hang of things, in the case of the mud clod! Meow if you're just like SCREW IT I WANNA JUMP RIGHT IN then since the mud clod is a general interdimensional fuckery zone you can throw literally any character in there, pretty much, and just see what happens with minimal consequences, haha.

I think Blade also has a discord chat server, although AS I SAID discord's being dumb right now. but some people plot things out in discord sometimes if they're not as comfortable being chatty on the forum.

Okay, cool! I'm tossing a thing into the Mud Clod now, I'm just fussing with formatting/characterization/wanting to impress the cool kids (yes I know that's a bit silly but here we are anyway)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 03-20-2017

Yes! I do have a Discord channel that's mostly used for Alomini because most of the people on there are Alonimi peeps. but I do have a few other friends on there. If you'd like me to add you to my friend list, please just send me a PM of your Discord ID. I'll invite you to the channel straight away.

I don't have a Discord account. :/ I'm on tumblr (and plurk, ao3, and dreamwidth) under the same name if you'd like to find me at any of those places though!

I'll probably get a Discord if that's where y'all do the chats but I have a strict "one new website to learn per day" rule.

Hahaha, it's cool, it's mostly just handy if you've already got it. Meow

I APOLOGIZE FOR BOOKER BUT I COULDN'T RESIST he's a sweetie i swear @w@

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - megs - 03-20-2017

Mass Effect comes out tomorrow so ya'll will probably be seeing less of me than you do now. Whoops. I'm on Discord if anyone needs me for A Thing of Relative Importance, but otherwise I'm on a teeny hiatus. I've got a lot going on and I just want to fuck aliens and chill out for a while

Also, hi new people, maybe we can collaborate when I'm feeling better lol

Poor Booker... Karen is a lesbian. She'll shoot him down but have fun chatting with him

I think I'm going to pass out~

Will post more in the morning hopefully! Sometimes... I take a while.

No worries! I went for an evening walk (this is an aberration, I'm not usually the type of person who does "walks" or is "physically active" but a friend just started a diet SO) which is why I disappeared a bit but now that I sort of have my feet under me I'm really looking forward to playing with everyone!