alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - SolitareLee - 03-14-2017

Move to Seattle with me, Sky, I'm going to miss seeing you every summer. T_T Everyone should just move to the west coast for my convenience. :P

I actually can't imagine two people living in one room period? I've *always* had my own room. I moved out when I was 16 and even when I was engaged (we all make mistakes) my now-ex and I had separate rooms for our crap because we started as roommates. The idea of fitting all of *my* stuff into one room is alarming enough, but someone else's??? How did you do it? @_@

(ALSO THANK YOU I'm being very calm and not fangirling at all, totally)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - skiesofpurple - 03-14-2017

Hey, if you think I'm not gonna spend my summers off couch surfing, you are mistaken. <3

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 03-14-2017

INCIDENTALLY i would like to formally apologize for the fact that links in posts do not underline by default, i am REALLY BAD AT THEMING and i never figured out how to turn off underlines in the forum/thread lists without turning them off in posts... ;-; I KNOW IT'S CONFUSING AND I NEED TO FIX IT

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 03-14-2017

Tinny--hunny--you worry too much. We're not dumb. People know how to find invisible links. Promise. Love

It's true! I found them all without an issue. :P When in doubt: hover over every word.

I'm actually sort of excited by the concept of the Rasmodians? I'm going to wrestle Sky into playing twinsies with me.

*continues melodramatically sniffling about theme-tragedies*

... would these twins... perhaps... like to be menaced by a tentacle monster?? :0

(I ported Farendajo over after Tentacl exploded but most of the people I had been playing with didn't join us over here and so that walk-in has just been sitting there looking sad and neglected despite having been my most popular thread pre-alonimi and I'M BITTER)

(the tentacle monster can menace people platonically i promise)

(only slight sexual menace)

yES?? They would???? *answers for Sky because I know the answer*

Also please explain to me what Tentacl is, I've never heard of it before. (Also we should probably start with platonic menacing but I was literally just saying to Sky, like.... I'm seeing.... a lot of tentacles, get our tentacle friend she needs to know about this)

Tentacl was a branch-off site of Gaia Online that was for adults only. So, you know, adults could RP pronz without worrying about kids and stupid idiots. And it was pretty awesome. Until Gaia's owners decided to shut it down. Which is why we moved here.

Aaaah, yeah, I was never really on Gaia so that would explain why I never heard of it. I did all my RPing on private forums, pretty much just like this one with varying levels of organization and capitalism. This is my comfort zone, it feels like getting into a nice hot tub. xD

Yeah Tentacl was an attempt to make an adult version of Gaia that returned to its RP roots, with actual official accounts and lore that you could RP with and shit, and it was RAD

except that the avatars were dress-up avatars, and you could buy accessories for them, but no one did

and the forums were poorly organized and there was a lot of just... people posting close-ups of their genitals... constantly... everywhere... roleplayers were in a VERY small minority and trying not to see macro shots of vulvas was a goddamn challenge.

so one day the official RP accounts stopped posting and then they stopped adding new avatar items and then a year after it began they nuked the whole thing, no archives or anything anywhere, and then it was dead. it was a moneypit of trash compared to how much they make off of Gaia. the whole thing was a clusterfuck from start to finish but we got alonimi out of it so NO REGRATS

to clarify actual RPchat, Grilka the great-big-tentacle-naga serves the same essential plot function as Jabba the Hutt, if Jabba were genderless and kinda sexy and the ladies in bikinis were wearing collars and chains because they were into it. so uh Farendajo is where characters go when they need ~favors~, or to repay favors, or... what have you. IF THAT HELPS FOR PLOTZ.

Okay so. Lee and I have this friend who's pretty amazing and as we've been reading through this site we've both come to the conclusion that it is 100% right up her alley like could not be better this is a place she needs to explore. Her name is Yang and she's probably gonna be joining shortly. I'll let her introduce herself but *glances over at all the monsters and tentacles* I think she'll be a kid in a candy shop 'round here.

I originally started on MSN and AOL chats way back in the dinosaur age of the internet--the late 90s to early 2000s. I also RPed on anime chat sites like sailorvenus.org and mamoru.net. Long gone, they are; the chats anyway. Met a lot of good friends there; my best friend and roomie, actually. But yeah, like all good things they died. The RPs killed msn chats for good in like... 2002 or 2003, not sure. I eventually found my way to Gaia, but it wasn't the same. Not really. And it just got worse over the years, but again--made a few good friends. After I quit Gaia someone suggested I try Tentacl. I did, but then it died. Soooo.... honestly, this is the best rp group I've ever been with.

We just get so busy. V,V

Alright yes, thank you! I was going to ask which tentacle monster we were dealing with to be extra sure. (Although talk about crossing wires that shouldn't be crossed with Jabba the Hutt, ewwwww lmao.)

Sky and I are fleshing out our twins some--I know she has work in the morning so I'm sure she should have been in bed... 3 hours ago... (I never sleep.) So far we've got a boy and a girl, fraternal twins. Sky will be playing the boy, who's sullen and very quiet in public but sarcastic and playful in private. I'll be playing the girl, a social butterfly who does all the talking for the pair in public, by and large, but who has a grim and skeptical outlook that she keeps private.

We're finishing up the physical looks (bottle-black hair, emo on him and trendy on her somehow, despite being the exact same shade; light lavender skin) and... names, which somehow always come last... now. xD I think it's the fastest we've ever made OCs.

Sky, do you have any ideas for plots?

You know that the moment I read that this species has a caste system I wanted to mess with it. Part of an upper caste and like to play at being lower because they're little shits? Lower caste members who're resentful and enjoy tricking others into thinking they're something they're not?

Regardless, there's plenty of reasons they might want to strike a deal.

(03-14-2017, 03:29 AM)skiesofpurple Wrote:  You know that the moment I read that this species has a caste system I wanted to mess with it. Part of an upper caste and like to play at being lower because they're little shits? Lower caste members who're resentful and enjoy tricking others into thinking they're something they're not?

Regardless, there's plenty of reasons they might want to strike a deal.

This makes me think of @Kat's fae. Probably the manipulation and little shits parts.