alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 08-18-2016

Finished during lunch omg and it was so good omg. <3

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 08-21-2016

I think the next show we're gonna tackle is Penny Dreadful, since it's essentially what I enjoy in a TV show based on what I've heard about it.

But then again, did I ever tell you the story of my experience with True Blood?
It's like an open wound on my TV watching soul...

I finally finished up the core work for Metropolis, which any of you are welcome to join if you're on Gaia and wanna do some guild based rp stuff.

I didn't bring it here ONLY BECAUSE it's got a lot of threads to it, and I wouldn't know how to go about keeping them in a neat little corner of the site so not to disrupt anything else. Believe me, I'd have preferred it here. I just know the guild system there is good for keeping material segregated in it's own neat little area.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 08-21-2016

@Kat I couldn't get into Penny Dreadful--but it's neat. Not enough to hook me, but very ambient and LOTS of sneaky references. You guys'll probs tear through it. :D

Nuuuuuuuuuuuu I can't do Gaia again. XD Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Haha, I felt so bad going back to Gaia. Seriously, it's really just storage options for big projects, and even then, I'm like 'I can move threads that don't fit their ToS over to alonimi'. Etc etc.

Maybe bring in more people here in the process?

We have too many shows to list that need to be watched, but we never get around to it. >>
We're bad at watching things.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - megs - 08-22-2016

I've just been play WoW. Lots and lot of WoW.
Too much WoW

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 08-22-2016

As long as you're having fun, right?

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 08-22-2016

I really enjoyed Penny Dreadful. Finished it a few days ago, but it was a little... wobbly? From a narrative perspective. I did love the setting though. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I did like it. If I were to score it based on my tastes alone, I'd give the first season a 7 or 8 out of 10.

As for Gaia--no. I left and never returned. I've grown out of it. If the site were still as simple and fun as it was about.... six years ago (?), then sure. But as it is, the flash on that website, the ads.... ugh, uses too much of my resources. Gaia just hurts my eyes to look at. I'll stick with other RP sites/sources.

EDIT: I did, for curiousity's sake, check Gaia out. It has improved, but it really just feels like a cash dump at this point. -shrugs-

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - megs - 08-22-2016

I'm having a lot of fun actually. Haha, I have friends who haven't played in years that have come back for this expansion. I'm really looking forward to the new content. Even though I'm not 100% satisfied with some of the changes they've made re: abilities and professions, they're not awkward enough to render the game unplayable.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 08-23-2016

If you want to regret your life and decisions you can watch THIS DISASTER

When I watched this I finally understood what charles dickens meant when he wrote "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times." guys this is it. that's what he meant.

if you wanna see brock ohurn in his underwear wrestling with an old man over a shot gun and then cry pls watch this absolute horror show
if you wanna watch him try to eat some ladies face as she awkwardly pushes his hair which is going into their mouths away pls watch.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 08-24-2016

(08-21-2016, 11:57 PM)Kat Wrote:  Maybe bring in more people here in the process?

More people yaaaaasss

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 08-24-2016

(08-23-2016, 05:18 PM)saronym Wrote:  If you want to regret your life and decisions you can watch THIS DISASTER

When I watched this I finally understood what charles dickens meant when he wrote "it was the best of times, it was the worst of times." guys this is it. that's what he meant.

if you wanna see brock ohurn in his underwear wrestling with an old man over a shot gun and then cry pls watch this absolute horror show
if you wanna watch him try to eat some ladies face as she awkwardly pushes his hair which is going into their mouths away pls watch.

It won't let me watch it but that sounds utterly magiterrible :D

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 08-24-2016

that's probably for the best Lol Lol

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 08-29-2016

"whoa that's weird, how is alonimi using 800MB of storage, it's literally all text"

*has been backing up the entire database once a week for eight months, hasn't deleted any of them*

WHOOPS

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 08-29-2016

XD omg that's so many datas. O.o;;;;;;;