alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-07-2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO USSS
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALONIMIIIII
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!

AND MANY MOOOOOOOORE.......

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-08-2015

I broke 5k on this thing for NaNo...and my revisions trundle ever onward. Hosting a write-in today and hoping to help other people get words. *flails* Anyone want to do a day of writing madness this week? RP posts or fanfic or side projects or NaNo projects or heck, school projects? LOL This week I'm game any day but Wednesday and Saturday, & from like 7:30A-5P EST. Skype or chatting somewhere or forum thread of insanity. A forum thread of insanity, personally, sounds good for the soul.....but will possibly involve lots of refreshing.

Madness!!! This! Way! Lies! XD

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 11-08-2015

I totally approve any and all forum threads of insanity Tongue I have been writing pretty much nothing but fanfic, and also one terrible thing as a joke, but possibly I can... make progress. On fanfics. And terrible things. Or I could actually write whatever it is I'm supposed to write for my prose class. I gotta lotta options.

*cackles* Progress is GOOD. Fanfics and terrible things? lol! I think there are things I need to read that feature Batman. Possibly. Fanfics start great things, after all. My one series...pretty much Batman/The Green Hornet/Zorro...with superpowers. Grey-line superherooooo/vigilanteeeeeeeesssss~~~

Seriously though...work on whatevs ya got. I'm going to be writing new things for this, anyway, because the edits are headbangingly distressing. It'll either be superheroes or a steamy steampunk that I'm pretty sure my readers aren't ready for. O.o;;;;

So I'll be setting up pomodoros and doing them all. day. long. With like an hour break for noms in the middle. And hopefully I won't be talking to myself as I post a new crazywordathon thread on the forums. Or I will be and y'all will have some hilarity. :D Any particularly good days?

Toot

My classes are pretty much the same all week, so I'm down whenever! I spend most of my classtime dicking around online anyway. Lol Even when I haven't posted in ages I check in all the time~

tl;dr whenever's good for you is good for me C00l

lmao...swoo :D I pretty much had everything bookmarked on the other site so it would tell me to come READ ALL THE THINGS. I think the email function works sort of the same way? Except in my email. O.o So I'll do that Smile Tomorrow be epiiiiiiiiiiiic...

I've been trying to find a way to get new posts in subscribed threads to show up under the portal, so that portal is actually useful, but no progress so far. Not that User CP -> Subscribed Threads is hard, necessarily, I just like having an easy button to click to see all my biz. Though, come to think of it, you're right - there isn't a notification center at all right now, is there? Just the email alerts (which is what I used on the old site anyway, probably why I didn't notice).

New feature incoming?? OHSHITALION

EEEEE

[Image: 1226839037555_zpscjpfkexe.jpg]

Also: it shows me the threads I've started...and the most recent post in a thread...but not everything I missed and not necessarily the ones I participate in. So I've just been kind of flitting and setting up thread subscriptions so now I'll miss NOTHING. XD

HOPEFULLY if you head to the User Control Panel and hit f5 you will see something neat C00l

but yeah right now the portal just shows the first post in the most recently created threads?? which, for our purposes... is completely useless. not that i'm not interested when y'all make new threads but we don't do it that often so we just end up staring at the same starter for like a month, assuming anyone actually looks at the portal more than once. I WILL MAKE IT USEFUL EVENTUALLY, I STG

YAY!!! :D *dances*

haha yeah. :D I was an avid "Recent Posts" viewer but it seems to hate me here. Workaround: email me all the things, Alonimi. Do eet.

We'll actually start around 10 EST on the writing madness tomorrow. I forgot I have to take the little for her flu shot. O.o AND THEN THERE WILL BE WORDS.

I feel like there should be a recent posts page, somewhere?? But there isn't a link to it built into this theme, if so. I'm looking into it now, even though I'm supposed to be working on... a flash game. Flappy Bird, specifically.

~college~

And this notification system has the option to turn off alerts for likes, so I don't have to feel bad about likespamming OHSHITALION You brought it on yourselves by leaving it turned on!

(I need to add an evil laugh emoticon.)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-09-2015

XD your college tech challenges are nifty.......we made a turtle march around in a box. :P And now I feel old. Because apps are so much cooler than javascript. (Not that I didn't use it during my actual paying job tech writerinating. I used the crap out of those old-skool skillz.)

I found a recent posts button but it seemed to show me only one post. Like, the post that had occurred since the last time I was on the site, not all the posts I hadn't yet read. Or I hit refresh on it and it cleared because obvs if I was on the page of posts I read them all, right? :P I dunno. It were weird.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-09-2015

https://alonimi.net/showthread.php?tid=656

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 11-09-2015

Happy birthday to Alonimi. <3
I'm late as always. D;

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 11-10-2015

I'm pretty sure the posts I still owe right now are: ... listed in the tentative order in which I plan to make posts, maybe.

Am I missing anything?