alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 07-20-2016

Three days until Trevor's Birthday. Hng. :D
I've been so busy with walking and Fallout 4 and medical stuff and family things.
I should make a post somewhere. Surprise someone. > u >

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 07-21-2016

Holy crap, how did I miss so many posts? It must've all happened during the server weirdness? I usually get emails and here I am like: wonder how everyone's doing------OMG PEOPLE. XD

Level 7 Valor. Playing Pokemon the way I play all games: slower than everyone around me but enjoying all the same. I can't aim so I'm constantly out of balls--and I only have access to a pokestop about once a week. :P BUT it's a total blast and I'm getting such a kick out of the community engagement aspects of it! Friends getting together Friday night to camp a gym, so that should be fun, wandering around and trying to hatch eggs. To make it even more interesting, the folks going to camp the gym are NOT all on the same team XD

@saronym
Congrats on the RP tabletopping!!!! :D Sounds like fun--as it should be :D Crazy things always happen--including people deciding to jump into ravines because why the hell not, the DM getting a special kind of exasperated and instead of making them reroll a character, making them reappear naked in a tavern and chained to the bar...then changing our dungeon crawl into a rescue...because DM wrath. XD Enjoy! :D

@Tindome
CONGRATS ON THE MONEYDOLLARS! That's so awesome and I'm sorry I missed the announcement cuz I would've thrown you a party.

And like sent you fun stuff in the mail.

I considered Patreon, but I tried Wattpad first and it's not going well so. I need to figure out how to promo like I do with my paid books (which are going well; cracked 500 on Amazon-->Romance-->Fantasy last night with my shifter book!). And of course...getting more books done. XD

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 07-22-2016

Hey, I'm also level 7, but Trevor and I are Mystic. I've lost like 10lbs wandering around, catching stuff. It's actually been a really awesome experience.

I should get you a post. o:
Holy balls, I forgot. I'm the worst. Okay, I'll post there, then sleeping hunter, then figure out where else I'm so far behind. >_>
We've been working on a Gaia project lately (which means I've been half assing it) and it stole my attention.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 07-22-2016

dude our area is freaking crazy for pokemon go. There are parks that are lured constantly. People bring water and food and just walk around the park. The police roll through occasionally to make sure everybody's being cool and play sometimes. Even though the parks close at dark the police let us chill there all night if we want to so long as nothing stupid goes down. We go pretty much every night. It's such a weird phenomenon. I've met so many different types of people from 4 year olds, high school kids, total bros, parents, retirees. LIKE WTF! The community here is super cute and awesome. When a rare one spawns someone yells out whatever it might be "BLASTOISE" and everybody runs over and grabs it. And then we all show each other what the CP is.

T_T

The screen shot I took was from a week ago ish I think. This park is 0.3 miles around the course there so you're at a lured pokestop basically every dozen steps or so. I've leveled to 18 just going to the park and doing this shit LOLZ. I don't even live in like a "big" town so I can only imagine what it must be like to play in places like Miami or NY or whatever. Orlando probably a great place too.

That's pretty awesome. o:

Here, weird places get modules, like churches? So sometimes we're driving around, and there's like four churches lit up, and I'm like, 'why are all churches here pokestops???'
We caught a Pinsir tonight, which was pretty awesome since we kept seeing it's silhouette the past few days, but hadn't been able to find where it was hiding out.
I hit 8 as well, which was pretty sweet. Razz Berries. o u o

I gotta work on my Vaporeon so I can take the local gym, which is (you guessed it) a church.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 07-22-2016

lmao some churches near us are also gyms but I haven't seen any that are pokestops!

You must live in some deeply southern area to have so many churches around. Then again so do I. There are like 4 churches within a 2 mile radius of me. Catholic, Methodist, Episcopal, and Greek Orthodox. SO RANDOM.

Houston, which is like, half churches. Mostly Hispanic ones, which I believe are catholic. All spanish names. We live on the Spanish side of town, so it's to be expected.

It's nice since it's generally empty at the times we go, though I'd love to see more people using modules.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 07-22-2016

Most of the churches & religious centers here are Pokestops--and yeah, I didn't realize there were so many around. A vast amount of restaurants got them too, which are always lured, and tend to have less people eyeballing you funny for wandering around the parking lot. Really hoping one of my local artists' shops gets one: it's in a prime spot between a riverwalk and a downtown gym, so could totally be caught on the way and bring more folks to the shop (which is all local food vendors and authors and artists and more traffic = huzzah!) XD

@Kat
I need to get @Ghostly an Alex post for his birthday. O.O Actually, I've needed to get him one for...a bit. So yeah. No worries. But if you doooo feel up to one, you know I will totes devour a post from you. <3 <3 <3

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 07-23-2016

I haven't seen a restaurant pokestop yet, which is such a bummer since it'd probably be a fun meal trip to take. >>

He'd appreciate it, I'm sure, and I know I need to get back into being more consistent with writing. I hate to leave people hanging, and ours in particular deserves some attention. It's been too long. I wanna try and fix that. :c

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 07-23-2016

Hubby: So this is what gamers in their 40s do on a Friday night? Just a group of 40 year olds and their kids hanging out in a dark, unlit parking lot catching digital monsters--
Another wifey in the group: EXCUSEME40?!
Hubby: Close enough...*finally sees my glare-o-doom* *stops talking*
Another hubby in the group: Hahahahaha you're so busted.
Me: 32 is NOT ANYWHERE CLOSE TO 40!! (not even mad, but f'real y'all. math.)
Hubby: Well, but--*stops as all under-40s in group--which is actually all of the ladies lmao--glare with like this gloriously collective "NOPE"*
Yet another hubby in the group, to me: I think you're gonna have a niiiiice clean house this week.

Only a clean kitchen so far, but the rest of the day I've had meals delivered to me, coffee refills on demand somehow, and uninterrupted, child-free writing time...lmfao...

(Also I might be going clubbing in a couple of weeks so there's that. Dammit. I've missed dancing a LOT.)

@Kat
<3 It's a wonderful pairing. <3

@Ghostly

A wild Alex appeared!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 07-23-2016

Hey, guys! Holy crap! It takes PoGo to get this forum active? xD

I'm level 12 right now, nearly 13. I feel like the pidgey collector, for reals. The church thing I hear is pulled over from ingress code, one of Niantic's other games. It doesn't bother me, but damn I feel weird rolling up into the church parking lot down the street at 3 am to fight the gym there. I'm always peaking for cops who wanna hassle me...? It hasn't happened yet xD.

There's this cemetery down the road also that has, like, 4 pokestops and a gym. Plus there's a river nearby so anytime someone drops a lure it's magikarp heaven. Which is totally great because I want my god damned gyrados, damnit. >,> Him and charizard are my two favorites.

...and because of all this, I've preordered Sun and Moon for my 3DS. x,X I blame the cute bug pokemon that looks like a 9 volt battery.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 07-23-2016

I don't have a 3DS, or I'd probably be super stoked. I used to get so into those games. Now, I just can't keep up with new platforms, so I miss out. I could probably find an emulator, but I think that loses some of it's appeal. Feeling the game in your hands adds so much to the experience - which is why I think the PoGo craze makes perfect sense. So convenient to have your phone with you and out.

Dani; omg. Dancing sounds like fun. I haven't been to a club in... erm, a long time, I guess? >>
Probably too long.

I think they're a great couple as well. I don't have a lot of OTPs left, so I'm trying to keep the remaining few alive. ; u ;

AND we haven't come across anyone else to talk to while playing, so it's like me and Trevor, and other people and their friend(s)/alone, and there's always this wide berth of silence because we're shy, and they're probably shy too. >_>;;

I like hearing the stories of meet ups and chats during PoGo though. ; u ;

Edit; also, we got Overwatch, so if any of you have it and I haven't already added you on battlenet, hit me up. I wanna be your heal slut.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 07-23-2016

@Blade I hatched a Magikarp last night and proceeded to exclaim "I am the happiest woman in the world!" to which Araina goes: "That's bc you're awesome, Mommy."

The best. XD

@Kat It's only if their one friend bails. Hawt cosplay & clubbing event. <3 I went a few years ago, and it was the best time...and apparently it's gotten better. (It's also why we nearly got pegged for solicitation at a Waffle House at 4 in the morning but that's a long story. lmao....)

@Tinny
https://twitter.com/Team_Barrowman/status/756720414785613824

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 07-23-2016

@Kat I got my 3ds a few years ago because someone gave me some munnies. It was mostly a spur of the moment thing, and, I really only use it to play rpgs xD. Just... like all my... other consoles? I don't think I'd upgrade to the XL unless I found it really cheap.

@danixiewrites Yeah, like I said, my fave pokemon. I worked so hard in red and blue to level him up to gryados. I'm just kinda sad he's not more OP. At least based on what I've read his max CP is. Still, he's pretty up there.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 07-24-2016

a roan post is such a wonderful way to start the day omg

COCK GENIE