alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 11-02-2015

My october was just full of time killer fluff. Some rping, some raiding, some socializing. I'm never very exciting when it comes down to it.
I'm honestly terrified about this commitment, you know?
Like, I'm here, right now, writing this first chapter. Or maybe third chapter. I have a friend sitting there feeding me input as I write, and I'm just scared shitless that whatever comes out of this will be a really sad attempt at my part to justify using the title 'writer' in any serious context.

But, no matter what, I'm going to do it. I swear. I'll get a novel out in a month, even if it's the worst thing I've ever written- then I'll edit it into the ground. @_@
And beg you to edit things for me because I love you, and I know you are great, and omg, I idolize you. D;

Anyway, I'm really happy to hear from you. It's been a long time and I've missed you. Take your time on your novel. I know life is crazy sometimes, so the less stress you have over it, the better the experience will be. I know I just said I was terrified, but even so, I'm pretty excited. My shitty first attempt is still a first attempt, right? That's new, and I'm really hoping to pull through feeling better about my work. So, even if you're a bit behind schedule, I know the quality of your second book will reflect the extra time you put into making it /your book/.

I'm rooting for you, Dani!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 11-02-2015

creeping on all your convos here about all your very impressive projects and goals and striving and

meanwhile I'm like.....
my tv watching schedule is very demanding. I need to catch up after a weekend away from my couch

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-03-2015

You can do it, Kit--it's super exciting :D And terrifying. And exhilarating. And: O.o

And yeah--we'll get our edit on :D Thank you so much for the cheering!!!! I love it--I'm setting a toooooon of timers tomorrow to lock things down.

Also for reference, I'm currently in phase 3.

[Image: writing_zps9pjte8ov.jpg]

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 11-03-2015

I am already behind schedule.
I don't even watch tv, but maybe if I did, I'd have way less time to putz around.

Oh, right.
The second tread lightly is there to reorganize, because the first tread lightly got fucked. >>
Anyway, ignore that while we patch that up. Might take a while, but eventually.

Can I do stage 4 now, and coast through the other three?
/sobbing

Edit:
but 1k posts. #1kswag

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-03-2015

Woooooooooooo 1k for Kat!! :D You're pro now. A pro Alonimi-er. Alonimian??? *cackle* :D

Stage four I do on either side...and it's usually coffee. ;)

Y'all. I made a POST. I wrote WORDS. HERE. And also. My bbcode didn't work so I must've screwed something up. XD BUT WORDS!!!!!!!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 11-03-2015

I've done 2.6k words so far... I guess that's a start. >:
I'm happy to see you posting though. I know I still owe you a reply since uh... forever.
#crickets

I could use some liquored up coffee. My sleeping pattern is just awkward, and I hate it right now.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 11-03-2015

Aaah, yeah, bbcode is all different now @w@;; Now if you want to float an image, try
Code:
[avatar=left]ROANS_FANTASTIC_ABS.JPG[/avatar]

The old codes still work in theory, but only if you convert them to HTML instead. The downside to using HTML is that it doesn't show up in the preview window. I might see if I can add some kind of button for floaty images?? WE WILL SEE i am going to be tweaking things for basically forever probably. I just added an easy-tab code for my insistence on indenting my first lines OHSHITALION Who knows what ridiculous formatting things I could add a code for! Actually I think I also made a moodboard code at some point. I should check that.

Yay for words! I have written nothing but batman fanfic. it is A Problem.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 11-05-2015

update: 4.9k words, which is 1100 words less than where i want to be, but 4.9k words more than nothing. /cumfetti
Kind sorta progess.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-05-2015

Yum! Okay, I have discovered (read: been schooled on) how to get the pretty, yummy, drooly bits up on the posts. XD Now to continue my research on how to know when there's been posts...........so I can commence with proper word-stalking.

Kat: 4.9k words is pretty damn baller, grrl! :D I'm at 3k with the scribbling I'm doing on the side project (which btw. is craaaaaaaap. but it's writing and that's exciting? lol!!), managed to speed edit some scenes that actually still worked. I've got some gritty rewrites in this current chapter though so. We'll see how things progress. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..........:D

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 01:37 PM)danixiewrites Wrote:  Yum! Okay, I have discovered (read: been schooled on) how to get the pretty, yummy, drooly bits up on the posts. XD Now to continue my research on how to know when there's been posts...........so I can commence with proper word-stalking.

Kat: 4.9k words is pretty damn baller, grrl! :D I'm at 3k with the scribbling I'm doing on the side project (which btw. is craaaaaaaap. but it's writing and that's exciting? lol!!), managed to speed edit some scenes that actually still worked. I've got some gritty rewrites in this current chapter though so. We'll see how things progress. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..........:D

I love you and you're wonderful, and by their calculator thing, I'm so far behind. D;

I made this thing. I heard bitches love things, so I made a thing for all my bitches... > u >
It's my novel qq
Was it a bad idea to write the first part of a trilogy? I figured that would give me a push forward with the project, BUT I could have just written something else. I dunno. It's too late now.
#noragrats

I bet your side project is awesome. Don't you tell me otherwise. D:<
I want to read things when things are available for reading. c:

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-05-2015

My first NaNo was a standalone and it failed horribly. My second was the first of a trilogy........ironically, it's that very book I'm editing now...as the second book of that trilogy. :D I like series. Readers love series. Do you like series? Write the stuff you enjoy and words will flow like delicious hot spiced rum...and now I'm thirsty.....

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 03:00 PM)Kat Wrote:  I love you and you're wonderful, and by their calculator thing, I'm so far behind. D;

I made this thing. I heard bitches love things, so I made a thing for all my bitches... > u >
It's my novel qq
Was it a bad idea to write the first part of a trilogy? I figured that would give me a push forward with the project, BUT I could have just written something else. I dunno. It's too late now.
#noragrats

I bet your side project is awesome. Don't you tell me otherwise. D:<
I want to read things when things are available for reading. c:

Eng101 It's not bad to begin with a trilogy. My advice is to plan out what you want revealed in each book. I've discovered that when doing a series of any kind, winging it makes it really difficult. It generally shows in the text when read as well.

Buddy Good luck, Kat!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-06-2015

I learned today that I cannot browse the internet without AdBlock Plus. It has been so nice since I started using it, now I want to stab my eyes out when I'm on a different machine. XD

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 11-07-2015

I TOTALLY DID NOT REALIZE THAT IT WAS THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF ALONIMI

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE

Dance Krad Toot

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 11-07-2015

That is awesome, Tinny!