alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - megs - 01-24-2016

(01-23-2016, 10:31 PM)Tindome Wrote:  I didn't realize there were so many birthdays this weekend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE by which I mean @Blade and @megs
Thanks!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 01-24-2016

Happy Burfday!!!!!!!!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 01-25-2016

I'm tweaking some things for security reasons and it shouldn't break anything but if you happen to log in (or try to) during the five minutes that things look weird don't freak out okay

(and y'all know where to find me on LINE if things get particularly weird)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 01-25-2016

Gonna be all: ZOMG THE END IS NIGH. In the banned font.

O.O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Also honey badgers, guys. Honey. Badgers.

Eyyy already done 8D SO QUICK AND PAINLESS just as planned

but i really need to get around to disabling html in posts because basically every security thing in the world is like DO NOT ENABLE HTML IN POSTS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

i'm pretty sure i've replaced most of the html in old posts with bbcode but who knows. is anyone still using html for anything? i can add new bbcode (in theory), but idk what we're missing (if anything)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 01-25-2016

@Tindome I mean... as long as my old posts don't look like shit, I'm good.

OMG! YES xD!!!! Like, so not about politics. But shit this funny!

That's the thing, I've been putting off disabling HTML until all the old posts get fixed, but I lose track of which threads I've fixed and which ones I haven't, and I hesitate to fix posts in threads that I'm not participating in (because even though I am the big bossy admin I still don't want to be messing with other people's stuff) (even though I am hosting the stuff)

But I don't think anyone is still using HTML? Hopefully not. Maybe I can find a way to do a search and replace through the database. The image tags and the weird break tag that the old software inserted all over the place are the big culprits when it comes to fuckery but idk.

(I mostly fixed posts by copy/pasting them into notepad++ and doing advanced find and replace including newline insertion but it was still tedious)

You have permission to mess with mine--100%. I mean, as long as the posts--the text--isn't changed idgaf.

I went in to peek at an old post format last week & there was html code & I basically screamed and closed the post buuuuut like I can try to find it again and kill it. :D

The struggle is real, Dani.

If you want to point me toward specific threads where fixing the html seems particularly overwhelming I'll be happy to take care of it (I mean, not happy, but you know)

It's pretty mindless so I can do it as a background task while I'm listening to lectures

LOL...it's not overwhelming, I'm just lazy. XD I coded my website sooooo...it's like being on the clock and my brain legit shuts down like it's on strike. :D It was one of my group threads although if it was Just Visiting it doesn't really matter, right? That one needs archived anyway lol...*ducks*

I like to fix archived threads, too 8D NONE CAN ESCAPE ME

I figure everyone can fix their own posts, but technically speaking I'm the one who broke them in the first place so I feel a vague sense of guilt about the whole thing

UNRELATED:

[Image: tumblr_o1jg2rb2Pq1tcwlljo1_1280.png]

I JUST PLEDGED TO THIS SO FUCKING FAST, I WAS HALF ASLEEP AND I GOT UP TO DO IT BECAUSE I WANT IT SO BAD