alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-16-2015

Oh, the code only works for new posts right now - old posts got all screwed up during the move. D; They all got switched to html image codes, which wouldn't be a problem, except that the alt tag got converted to a style tag?? So the ones where the actual style tag comes first in the code look fine, and the ones where the fucked up alt tag comes first got messed up. I've been going through and fixing them manually for everyone in my 1x1s and might eventually do the same in my walk-ins, but some posts aren't letting me edit them. I'm working on figuring out why that is, that once again only seems to be a problem with old posts (and really random ones, too).

If I'd known about it I would have fixed it in the database while it was local, the way I did the BBcode @w@ I gots regrets

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 10-19-2015

I like this text.
I feel exceptionally suave.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 10-21-2015

Thaz bc you're exceptionally suave bb...

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 10-22-2015

omg.
You're the best. <3
How are things on your end now?
Especially after the flooding. x.x

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-24-2015

[Image: qRIV7fS.jpg]

Too Real

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-30-2015

I thought I was taking 20 credits this semester but I'M ONLY TAKING 17. HOW IS THIS ONLY 17. HOW DOES ANYONE TAKE 20. Eng99 i'm so mad. i feel like a chump. i am constantly behind on everything and trying to catch up and i'm not even taking the max number of classes. i don't want to do this next semester.

Negativeman

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 10-30-2015

I'm not even going to apologize for being absent. I'm just going to say--JESUS! 20 credits?! I'm good with 12 kthanxbai.

As I was saying...

I'll have a two week break starting the 19th 15th of November. I will betaking that time to catch up on motherfucking posts on this motheringfucking forum as well as write some shit for me. Hopefully stuff dat ain't fanfiction--stuff that actually makes me munnies.

I just didn't want you guys to think I dipped. It's been over a month... or longer. Blah. Anyway, I love you all and I will be replying soon, just not before finals.

C00l

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-30-2015

I knew you could never leave us for too long~ C00l we're irresistible

My original plan was to graduate summer of 2016 but it got pushed back to fall and now it straight up looks like I'm just going to be enrolled until summer 2017... which tbh aside from the whole 'racking up debt' thing, works better for me. More time to put off having to figure out what I'm doing once I have my degree. Confused

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 10-31-2015

That's awesome! I should have my BA by the end of fall next year. I'm super excited about that. I'm going to try and get more information about teaching from Department of Education since my route isn't traditional. I do know in GA you can have a BA, but you have to get an MA within like ten years or so. But there's also certification and you need works hours--experience. So yeah, my goal is to do that while I work on my MA.

I just hate that colleges and universities seem to make it impossible for you to make the transition from student to employee. You know, getting the job.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 10-31-2015

Well, this year I am writing a novel for November.
I have the set up, and with luck, it'll get done with some semblance of what I have in mind for the concept and story.
Phylo Za'an, you're finally a main character. Bless.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-31-2015

I know that feeling, our college could use more professors but there's no post-grad programs like at all which is obligatory. So you basically have to transfer if you wanna do a thing. Not that I'm interested in teaching, but my husband is.

Good luck with NaNoWriMo! I'm not doing it because classes are Too Crazy, but props to anyone who can.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-31-2015

[Image: tumblr_mcms37RLiQ1qhy6c9o1_r1_500.gif]

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 11-01-2015

I want to teach high school. Mostly because GREAT pay and good benefits. Here in GA you can start at 53k a year; which, to me, is fucking perfect. I'd be set at 53k a year. But also because I actually like teaching? I know the system sucks and not all kids give a damn, but no job is perfect.

Awesome, Kat! If you needs edits, let me know! I'll see if I have time to help, depending on when. Doofdrum

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 11-01-2015

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Halloween. :3
I start today, we'll see how writing goes.
If nothing else, I'll have 50k words worth of garbage at the end of the month. ;D

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 11-01-2015

(10-22-2015, 09:31 AM)Kat Wrote:  omg.
You're the best. <3
How are things on your end now?
Especially after the flooding. x.x

Love Things are dry-er. LOL Having trouble getting words written; this whole past month was pretty much a ball of insanity and drama and ugh. I'm hoping November looks up!! And that'll start today bc I'm converting my scrivener files and writing at least one RP post. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Omg

(10-30-2015, 12:37 AM)Tindome Wrote:  I thought I was taking 20 credits this semester but I'M ONLY TAKING 17. HOW IS THIS ONLY 17. HOW DOES ANYONE TAKE 20. Eng99 i'm so mad. i feel like a chump. i am constantly behind on everything and trying to catch up and i'm not even taking the max number of classes. i don't want to do this next semester.

Negativeman

Dood. Some semesters are hard and suck balls. ^_^ I took 2 summer semesters and an extra semester with about 6 makeup credits while 3-jobbing it because "life" but I made it--and you totes will too :D *hugs* Just breathe. And coffee. Verb the fuck out of that coffee. ;)

(10-31-2015, 07:48 AM)Kat Wrote:  Well, this year I am writing a novel for November.
I have the set up, and with luck, it'll get done with some semblance of what I have in mind for the concept and story.
Phylo Za'an, you're finally a main character. Bless.

I am SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

*cheers*

Feelsgood

Let us know how it's going!!! (And also: don't try to make it "perfect". It's okay for it not to be "perfect". "Perfect" is a word that doesn't exist during first drafts, so nix it and scribble to your lovely heart's content, yeah?)

I'm MLing again this year and survived our October workshops mostly intact. I was hoping to be writing a new novel (third in my series) well before this month but you know I'm still working on revisions on the second. LOL So aside from managing my team at work and doing the mommyhood thing, I'm going to work on finishing THAT book, do some RP!!!!!, and work on an unrelated superhero project for at least an hour a day which'll give me word count. And maybe a novella? *flails* What's everyone else up to for November????? Any grand adventures planned?