alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 01-20-2016

Good to hear! I've always been one of those students who carefully selected my classes and made damn sure I passed. I've only ever dropped one class and that one was paid for out of pocket. But, yeah, awesome sauce. You also most done with school? Gonne be werkin' soonz?

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 01-20-2016

The big issue was that I was transferring classes from a different major to a different state, so I had all kinds of classes that didn't transfer properly as well as classes that aren't required at this school. But she had no problem with substituting my C++ credit for a 105 class, or my JAVA course for a database applications course. This is a huge weight off my shoulders, she was so chill about everything, I stg I almost want to send her flowers. Maybe after I graduate.

I've still got this semester and the fall, so I'm not done until December, basically. Fall is gonna be mostly working on taking the cpa exam and finding a job so I can get the 2,000 hours of work experience I need.

(the work experience requirement is what's going to screw me, I already know it, I hate that requirement so much just give me my license you tools Cry )

Yeah, I hear ya. I got lucky in that I got a school where all my credits transferred save the ones that were pre-college ones that I had to take for my AA. I know after I get my BA I'm going to quit school for a year. I need the time off to figure out my next plan of action. Plus, I'd like to focus on writing. I would like to become a teacher, but I'm worried I'll have to get an MA in English education. And I wouldn't totally mind, but I really had my heart set on an Ma in English: Creative Writing Fiction.

BAH.

Maybe I'll get lucky and find an editing job after my BA. ;_;

Everytime Dani updates post, I'm all like

[Image: CIZLLIB.gif]

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 01-21-2016

(01-20-2016, 06:04 PM)Tindome Wrote:  I've still got this semester and the fall, so I'm not done until December, basically. Fall is gonna be mostly working on taking the cpa exam and finding a job so I can get the 2,000 hours of work experience I need.

(the work experience requirement is what's going to screw me, I already know it, I hate that requirement so much just give me my license you tools Cry )

So do you have to work for free for 2K hrs before you can be a licensed CPA? am I getting that correct?

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 01-21-2016

Oh, no, it doesn't have to be free - you can do certain types of accounting work without having a CPA license, so some people will actually work in accounting for years before taking the exam and getting their license. The trouble is that I have to find paying work that fulfills the accounting requirement, so I can't just get a job doing data entry or something. I mean... I can? I don't really know if there's some kind of time limit. But at some point eventually I will have to work at least 2,000 hours in accounting and I'd like to get it done ASAP.

Some people do end up having to volunteer just to get the hours in, though. Blargh.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 01-21-2016

I hate when getting a job through certain requirements is vague and difficult to do. I'm blaming you TV and movies! You made it all seem so easy!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - saronym - 01-21-2016

oooohh ok almost like clinical hours or something. I had no idea. Very strange.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 01-21-2016

YAY FOR GRADUATION

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 01-21-2016

Yeah, actually, both Tinny and I will graduate at the end of fall. But my fall class for this year won't end until Feb in 2017.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 01-22-2016

*cheers*

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 01-23-2016

Pretty sure there's a birthday today.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 01-23-2016

Confuut

31! Weeeee~!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 01-23-2016

I didn't realize there were so many birthdays this weekend! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE by which I mean @Blade and @megs

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Blade - 01-24-2016

Negativeman ....8 hours later and my finals are done. EIGHT HOURS LATER. -dies-

...Editing tomorrow. Pray for me.

...or sacrifice some virgin to cthulhu. Whatever works.