alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 10-10-2015

Come to Houston and we shall provide some Taco Bell beast mode adventures.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-10-2015

SSL status: sorted.

Attachments: ... working on it.

I feel much better about life in general since confirming that people can log in, and also, having tacos.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-10-2015

ALSO
lemme know if anyone tries out the new background (drop-down menu at the bottom right, plz don't accidentally set your theme to mobile, it's set to 'alonimi' by default)

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-11-2015

And the award for first RP post after the move goes to Shay!

(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧

... I wonder if the forum can be configured to actually allow me to give people awards... :0

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Angel Kimmi - 10-11-2015

I tried out the backgrounds. They're really cool!!
I love the snowflake one and also the Jean one XD <3

Also I think that my friend's account is showing a different username, coz all of her characters RP posts the user is Bones but her username was Silentmystery

(10-11-2015, 09:23 PM)Angel Kimmi Wrote:  I tried out the backgrounds. They're really cool!!
I love the snowflake one and also the Jean one XD <3

Also I think that my friend's account is showing a different username, coz all of her characters RP posts the user is Bones but her username was Silentmystery

Oh, heck. Okay, it looks like there are also some posts attributed to SilentMystery - are those also hers? I don't want to merge the accounts if the SilentMystery account has a bunch of someone else's posts on it. If both accounts have all posts from her then I can just merge them, easy-peasy. Meow Luckily that's one of the easier problems to solve so far.

Edit: for reference, this is the profile of the person who currently has the username SilentMystery, which definitely doesn't look like her. I'm going to see if his old username has been given to anyone inexplicably, and if it hasn't I'll just do a straight swap.

Actually... okay. So Deific's posts were being attributed to Chris, an account which showed as having 0 posts, so I thought nothing of merging them. BUT I'm pretty sure Chris is the one who is currently associated with the username SilentMystery, for some damn reason. So I'm just gonna... rename them? But I think that might break the email associations needed to reclaim their accounts. This is a really weird problem and I'm not sure how it happened, but I think I can fix it. Everyone just make sure to check your profiles and be sure the email is right and there isn't a weird one, I guess. Catfish

Edit: Yeah, somewhere around uid 40 everyone starts getting their posts associated with the person who registered right before them. Which is WEIRD AS HECK. Kimmi, your friend's account should be fixed now, but please check and make sure everything looks okay. I think I also fixed Chris's account. I don't know who Bones was because I am terrible, but if anyone sees any posts belonging to them that are misattributed, let me know. Luckily I still have the original database, which has the correct associations.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Angel Kimmi - 10-13-2015

(10-11-2015, 10:06 PM)Tindome Wrote:  Actually... okay. So Deific's posts were being attributed to Chris, an account which showed as having 0 posts, so I thought nothing of merging them. BUT I'm pretty sure Chris is the one who is currently associated with the username SilentMystery, for some damn reason. So I'm just gonna... rename them? But I think that might break the email associations needed to reclaim their accounts. This is a really weird problem and I'm not sure how it happened, but I think I can fix it. Everyone just make sure to check your profiles and be sure the email is right and there isn't a weird one, I guess. Catfish

Edit: Yeah, somewhere around uid 40 everyone starts getting their posts associated with the person who registered right before them. Which is WEIRD AS HECK. Kimmi, your friend's account should be fixed now, but please check and make sure everything looks okay. I think I also fixed Chris's account. I don't know who Bones was because I am terrible, but if anyone sees any posts belonging to them that are misattributed, let me know. Luckily I still have the original database, which has the correct associations.

Ummmm... I will have to ask her to check because I'm not really sure. I think the main place she was posting in was Inverted Cathedral, I'm not sure if she posted anywhere else. I just noticed that the posts from her OC had that alternative username which surprised me. I let Mystery know that the swap was done and to check her email and other things to make sure they're right when she can get online -- she's been having that security error and is concerned about bypassing it.

Yay for renaming and/or fixing Dance and no problem i will try check and get her to as well!

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-13-2015

The security error should be fixed - so far the only place I'm still getting anything like a warning is in Dolphin for Android, and that's because they don't list GeoTrust as a trusted source. But every version of Firefox and Chrome that I've tested has worked. So hopefully if she tries it again, she won't have that problem.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-13-2015

Okay, I finally managed to fix the removal of the custom domain on the old forum. Now it's actually possible to visit the old forum at alonimi.forums.net, but it's being taken offline in SEVEN DAYS. So, if there's anything you want to save that did not transfer, you have one week to do it. I don't recommend posting over there, though Lol

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Angel Kimmi - 10-14-2015

I think everything worked out with her account now thanks Giggle

And Happy Birthday Kitty Love Love

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-14-2015

Whoooops accidentally had the forum set to open registration. PROBLEM: SOLVED.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 10-15-2015

I HAVE ARRIVED.

Whyfore code work when avatar = right aligned but not left aligned?

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-15-2015

Hooray! I'm glad you made it over without apparent incident~

It should work with left, just by replacing the word 'right' with 'left', but I will double-check in case I flubbed some code.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - danixiewrites - 10-16-2015

(10-15-2015, 09:56 PM)Tindome Wrote:  Hooray! I'm glad you made it over without apparent incident~

It should work with left, just by replacing the word 'right' with 'left', but I will double-check in case I flubbed some code.

I haven't gone through all the posts but most look good Smile Will be more thorough tomorrow. The code looks to work alignment wise but not resize-y wise. Pics to the left are bigger than the ones on the other side. Unless I'm just looking at some I messed up. :D