alonimi
@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) (/showthread.php?tid=650)

@alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-10-2015

A new forum needs a new chat thread, with new obscure references!

Dance

this is exhausting - Tindome - 10-10-2015

i am so tired oh my god

Doodette

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Tindome - 10-10-2015

uuuugh i need to redo the mobile site because it looks WRONG even though it was WORKING and I need to enable attachments and augh augh screw it I'm going to bed, I will see you all when I wake up

oh goddammit apparently I spammed everyone

SORRY GUYS

i will not be using the mass mail feature again i guess

also the certificate was supposed to have been issued by now so I'm less than pleased. and the theme breaks if you go to the non-secure site so I need to fix that. uuuuuuugh. Cry

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - sir - 10-10-2015

It's okay, bootiful! All will be well thanks to your boundless ability to conjure expertise from deep in your ass somewhere

Incidentally I do not recommend enabling the mobile theme if you are not on mobile because it does not actually have a theme switcher so you can't switch back. I... need to fix that, too.

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - Kat - 10-10-2015

I think I did the right thing.
/tumbles in
Hey!
So far, things are looking good/spiffy and new. O:

Only thing I noticed that seemed off are the names floating around for users that aren't actually their names? >_>
Deific turned into Chris. rip.

Yeah, myBB does not distinguish between Display Names and Usernames so they got merged in sometimes weird ways. I enabled username editing for everyone so that everyone can fix theirs, but I can also edit them myself if I know what they're supposed to be (so I can probably fix his now, actually).

RE: @alonimi_ebooks (new chat thread) - megs - 10-10-2015

It's very different, but so oddly similar that my brain gets confused looking at it
like a half-state of de ja vu

it looks nice tho
good job, bby

Okay, weird! Chris's account actually split into two accounts? I merged them together so hopefully that will be fine now. Let me know if you guys see any other accounts like that.

I know that Sarah's name was changed to lily for some reason, lol

Ooooh hell. Okay. I'm looking at the intro thread right now and a lot of these are... wrong... really wrong... oh no Cry

I merged lily back to saronym but I also had to merge sarki back into her account, except for some reason zarko's posts were being credited to sarki, and now it looks like saronym was being credited to sarki??? ummmmmmm

It seems like it was mostly a problem in the intro thread?? I deleted the misattributed posts just so no one would get messed up by them, but it looks like everaftercrafter got... deregistered?? Somehow??? Something in the database went screwy and I'm not sure how. Confused

That's super weird.
Wish I could be of help, but this is way beyond my knowledge, which is like none, so

Okay, I'm fixing it. everafter got the uid on all her posts set to 0 somehow, so I just converted those over to her actual uid. I'm going through posts and manually adjusting the uid on all the misattributed entries I can find, but if anyone else sees any posts that were made by one person and say they were made by another, let me know so I can fix them.

edit: I FIXED IT. HELL YEAH. I FEEL LIKE A FREAKING GENIUS. even though i clearly did something dumb to fuck it up in the first place.

also this quick edit box is a fucking godsend i stg

i have not eaten in 24 hours who wants to buy me taco bell i am so cold and tired