alonimi
Glass Houses [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=87)
+--- Thread: Glass Houses [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=642)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 05-12-2017

“I had to go to fucking school! What was I supposed to do stay home? With my psycho bitch sister and depressed mom? Throw away my future for what? It wasn’t my fucking job to raise you! I took some fucking responsibility for my life instead of acting like the world was ending!” Cain was shouting back nearly at the same time as Anita, going point for point with her. His tail was fluffed out all around and twitched erratically at his side as she landed more blows.

“Hey!” Owen was also shouting now, after Anita screamed about her brother being a ‘fucking dick.’ Which he clearly was being. But Owen also saw that Anita was continuing to provoke him.

This was a sibling routine he had seen numerous times. Sometimes as little children they had behaved like feral cats, biting and scratching at one another while they bickered.

Their father’s shout for order was ignored and Anita landed another slap against Cain’s face. Cain managed to shove at her hand after it hit him. His own lips pulled into a snarl and a very feline hiss escaped him. His nostrils flared.

“Fuck you! Why don’t you go suck off some fucking drug dealer or whatever it is you do, Anita. Live on the streets like a stray fucking cat. Cry about the same shit over and over behind your big stupid sunglasses. You’re pathetic. And an embarrassment. And a bitch.”

This earned a slap from Owen. Cain was hissing at his father now.

“Stop it.” Owen growled in warning and pointed his index at Cain and then Anita. He turned back to Cain, “You do not talk to your little sister that way!”

Cain was about to say some more fuck yous when Owen tried to shut him up with another slap to his cheek. The angry cat boy batted it away and leaned backwards to avoid the blow. “Fuck you too! You don’t get to come here and try to be all Father-Like now.”

Owen froze. His wounded gaze traveled between Cain and Anita. He nodded slowly, and spread his hands, defeated by hateful words from the mouth of his own son.

Cain looked surprised that he’d said such a thing and looked over at his mother for help. She always bailed him out when he got in too deep.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - megs - 05-12-2017

Julianna continued to stand in the doorway as the argument raged on. Her ears were pressed so tight against her head they were turning red on the underside and her tail had curled against her spine. She had pulled her sleeves over her hands and crossed her arms across her chest. She looked like she was trying to hide in plain sight. She winced every time their voices crescendoed to a level that she was uncomfortable with. Which was, mostly any level above a speaking tone. She was focused very hard on the ground, as if trying to dissociate herself with the scene.

“It must be so nice having such a good excuse for abandoning your family,” Anita shot back, keeping her hands to herself for now. Her injured fingers were beginning to ache from violent over use. “I made something of myself,” Anita’s tone was high-pitched and mocking. “He says while insulting everyone else in the same breath!”

She reached for Cain again as he made some unsavory suggestions. She wanted to tackle him and throttle him in a blind rage. Hateful and spoiled and selfish. That’s all he was. Her tail twitched with his every denigration. Pathetic. Embarrassment. Bitch. If she’d had ears they’d have been pressed against her hair. She opened her mouth to spit more venom, but was interrupted by Owen slapping Cain. It had surprised both of them.

It was silent for a few moments, following Cain’s outburst. The dull sound of enraged breathing filled the space of the garage. Cain had hurt their father, and that seemed to offend Anita more than the things he had said to her.

“Fuck this,” Anita said, suddenly. She pushed past Cain to pick up her sunglasses and snatch her bag off the floor. “And fuck him,” she said about Cain, gesturing a hand in his direction and addressing him as if he was no longer in the room. As if, at the moment, he was nothing to her. “If he hates this family so fucking much than maybe he should just leave for fucking good.” She huffed the last of this as she pushed past her mother who just barely moved out of the way for her.

A few moment later the front door slammed shut.

Cain was looking at Jules for assistance. She stared back at him. “I’m going to go get Anita.” Julianna turned away from father and son and closed the door to the garage with a sharp click. She couldn’t bail Cain out of this one. Whatever issues he had with Owen, he would have to work out himself.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 05-12-2017

“Anita,” Owen’s voice was an unheaded plead. He turned towards her and took a step to pursue her as she moved to exit the garage. But she was gone and he felt there was nothing he could do for either of his children and the pain he’d caused them by his death.

Not even Julianna would bail Cain out at that moment.

Father and son were left alone in silence with the weight of Cain’s painful remarks between them. Owen looked over his shamed son who could hardly bear to make eye contact. He chewed at the corner of his mouth considering whether he should indicate that he forgave Cain for the remarks regardless if the boy would apologize for them.

He didn’t say anything, just patted Cain on the shoulder and left the garage.

Cain flinched under Owen’s touch. It was meant to be affectionate and reassuring but he didn’t deserve it. He snatched up his phone and followed after his father. His tail was between his legs like a dog in trouble and his ears were smashed down against golden curls.

Cain went straight to the bedroom, closed himself in, and crashed onto his bed in his clothes. He would just close his eyes until he calmed down enough to sleep. He could sleep away the awkward pain he’d caused and maybe they could all act like nothing had happened in the morning.

Owen found himself outside, pursing his wife and daughter. He was more concerned about Anita who’d been hurt in the argument. He felt a rising rage at the things Cain had said to her. He almost couldn’t believe it. What had he meant about drug dealers, strays, crying?

Was she okay? Was this the stuff she had mentioned he would be disappointed in her for.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - megs - 05-15-2017

Julianna was standing at the end of the sidewalk that lined the street that Cain’s apartment was nestled on. Her ears were pressed tight against her hair, her head turning left and right in quick succession as she tried to determine the direction that Anita had fled. Her tail had curled into a tight pinwheel at the base of her spine. Her ears perked as she heard Owen approached and she whipped around to face him. Julianna lifted her hands, confused, defeated, and they fell back to her side. “I don’t know where she went,” she explained to him. “I heard her take off this way and then she just…” one of her ears fell lopsided as her words trailed, “disappeared,” she finished, eyes rolling upwards to the branched of the decorative oak tree she stood under.

She then looked down to the sidewalk, tight woven branches and a full moon cast a large enough shadow for her to stand in. Julianna stared at that shadow for a few moments. Her head cocked one way, and then the other, like a cat that had found something interesting. She pointed at darkened area. “I...don’t think she knows how to do that.” She’d neglected to consider if Owen knew what she was talking about.

She looked up at him, waving her hand, trying to think of a way to explain. “I can teleport, sort of, did you know that?” She didn’t wait for an answer. She tapped one foot against the shadow twice, and on the third tap it briefly disappeared within it. As if it were actually water. On the fourth tap it was solid again and she moved towards Owen. “It’s not just...a thing that I can do. I had to learn,” she explained. Huffing, Julianna pushed a hand through her hair.

“I can’t believe she just took off… oh, wait. Yes, I can.” Her ears twitched atop her head. She turned away from Owen and pushed her hands into her pocket. “Every time, she does this,” she muttered. “She won’t talk to anyone,” her voice was suddenly thick with emotion. “I don’t ever what’s going on with her. All those things Cain said about her...I don’t know if they’re true or not.” She glanced at Owen over her shoulder. “She won’t let anyone in…”

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 05-23-2017

Owen let Julianna vent about Anita’s disappearing act, her shadow walking, and exasperation with their daughter. He was merely quiet and just let her speak until she trailed off. Then he stepped up to her offered her his arm. He slipped it around her shoulders and pulled her against him. Her hands were in her pocket for the moment, but he was content to hold her regardless if she returned the affection.

He hugged her for a moment on the quiet side-walk and then looked down at her. “Of course I know about your ‘teleporting’ as you call it.” He had a kind of far-off smile on his face as if he were remembering the past “I don’t know, either, if our children can do - you know.” He never had the words to describe phenomenon such as that.

“Come on,” he said, directing her back towards Cain’s brownstone. “We could try to text her.”

He matched strides with her as they used to do so his hips wouldn’t bump her side while they walked. “If she’s really that way,” Owen said in reference to Anita, “then it’s my fault. The closed off, bad at communication gene is definitely a Hart thing.” He rubbed his hand briskly up and down her arm.

He knew he had skirted over the uncomfortable fact of the terrible allegations Cain had made against his sister. If Anita had something to tell about those things, then she would tell in her own time. He had no interest in speculating.

“She will come around.” He reassured Julianna and opened the door for her. “I’ll make her if I have to.”

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - megs - 05-24-2017

Owen sounded like he was trying to make a joke, so she offered him a small smile. A pull at the corner of her mouth that didn’t quite reach her eyes. “I guess that explains Cain, too, then. I wouldn’t exactly describe him as an open book, either.” Her expression turned sad for a moment, it obviously bothered her that two of her children weren’t very close to her. She tried to be good to and supportive of them, and got very little in return for it. She knew they were mostly adults and it wasn’t unusual for kids their age to be guarded around their parents, but compared to Keiavan and Nicolas, the dissonance was jarring.

Julianna snorted a derisive laugh as she walked with him. “Well, I would love to see you try,” she replied to his threats to make Anita come around. She pulled away from him to walk inside the house and took her phone from her back pocket. Suddenly tired, she rubbed the back of her hand against one of her eyes as the screen lit up her face. Julianna wanted to lay down, but she knew she didn’t want to be alone. Her ears swiveled to the sounds of Cain moving around upstairs, and she glanced at Owen over the top of her screen as she texted Anita like he suggested.

“Do you…” she paused, looking up at him almost bashfully as she clicked off the phone and pushed it back into her pocket. “Do you want to go lay down with me?” She tilted her shoulder towards the guest room as she asked. Her hands disappeared into her pockets again, ears pinning backwards, as if she were embarrassed to be asking. She’d accepted that he was her husband, but was still aware that she didn’t know him, didn’t know if that would affect their spending time together.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 05-26-2017

Owen could sense the strained relationship between Julianna and their two middle children. He could tell, now, that it upset her. Of course it would, he remembered how she had poured herself into raising them. He couldn’t imagine that anything had changed in that regard after his death.

“Cain is more like you than he knows yet.” Owen smiled with fondness as he thought of the ways in which Julianna’s person had come to express itself in each of their children.

“I’m persistent.” Owen insisted when Julianna seemed to question his sway over Anita. In truth he didn’t know how much influence he still had on the girl. He hoped there was enough to help her out of whatever hole she’d placed herself in.

Inside the house, Owen sort of milled nearby while Julianna texted Anita. He wasn’t sure what to do with himself or what Julianna was going to do for the evening. Then she invited him to lay down with her.

He couldn’t have thought of anything in that moment that would make him happier. A smile spread from one corner of his mouth into a lopsided grin. His eyes lit up. “I would.” He nodded, his tongue darted out and licked at his bottom lip. He was trying to hide that smile from her. How enthused he was at the thought of going to bed with her. “Come on.”

He touched her side gently, directing her towards the door she was already indicating with her body posture. He closed it gently behind him. He kicked off his shoes and pulled his socks off. He pulled his t-shirt over his head and unbuckled his pants and let them fall to his feet. Owen stepped out of them bare body on display. Owen watched her deliberately as he undressed, trying to glean what was on her mind. Would she be bothered that he, a veritable stranger, stripped so freely in front of her?

He sat down on the bed. The mattress bowed, compressing under his weight where he sat. Pulling back the sheets and blanket, Owen slid underneath. He arranged the pillows behind him, removing one and throwing it to the ground by the bed. He tucked the arm nearest to the empty side of the bed behind his head under the pillows. It left his whole side open for her to cuddle into, should she so desire. And he hoped she did.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - megs - 05-26-2017

For all of Anita’s flaws and issues with herself and those around her, for whatever reason, she always replied to her mother’s texts. Julianna’s phone chimed from her pocket as she crossed the room, around to the side of the bed farthest from the door and closest to a window. She had always preferred sleeping on that side.

Julianna was slower to undress than Owen, mostly for her distraction in watching him. Her gaze lingered because she was curious, and he didn’t seem to be shy about, and because she was allowed. She removed her shoes and her socks and he was already stripped and arranging himself in the bed by the time she’d unbuttoned her pants. She took her phone out of her pocket and held it in one hand as she used the other to shimmy out of the jeans.

Tossing her phone onto the bed, Julianna hesitated in removing her jacket. One of her ears dropped to the side and her tail stilled. She was clearly at odds with herself. The thin tank top beneath the hoodie wasn’t enough to cover her scars. Her phone chimed again. She glanced down at it before looking up at Owen who seemed to be waiting for her.

She shouldn’t have to hide her scars from him, she scolded herself. If he really was her husband, if he scared about her as much as he claimed, he would know about them. He wouldn’t be bothered by them. She stripped out of the jacket and left it on the floor with the rest of her clothing.

Grabbing her phone she joined him in the bed, scooting towards him, until she was occupying the space he had made for her. Most of her bashfulness dissolved once she was closer to him. She twisted so that her back was to him, and she nestled her body against his. Despite their height difference, she fit perfectly against him. Her ears flattened so she could rest her head beneath his chin and she adjusted the blankets to her liking.

“Anita is ‘going for a walk’ and will ‘be back later,’ apparently,” she explained to him after checking her phone.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 05-31-2017

Owen knew Julianna’s preference for the side of the bed. It aligned perfectly with his preference. He liked sleeping on the side closest to doors and windows. It was likely from a learned masculine pride. It gave him a sense that he would be in a position to shield his wife from any intruder. Not entirely rational given the relative low risk of intruders. But it was an act he liked to perform nonetheless.

Her hesitation was immediately noted by him and he knew exactly why she’d taken her pants off but delayed in removing her jacket. Owen waited for her patiently. She would come to it in her own time.

He waited also for her to make herself comfortable before he moved himself. Owen turned to his side and threaded an arm around her waist. He scooted the rest of the way against him until their bodies were locked together almost like a puzzle piece.

“Alright.” He said from the top of her head. “Hope she doesn’t mind that we took the guest room. Guess she’ll figure it out.” He wasn’t entirely concerned, clearly. Putting Anita out meant he got to have the bed with Julianna.

He lowered his head to her shoulder and pressed a line of kisses along it. Dipping even lower, he kissed the back of her shoulder feeling serpentine scars beneath his lips. Old scars that were almost glossy now felt both smooth and bumpy. The arm around her waist tightened protectively around her when he kissed her there. He did it expressly because he knew she was ashamed of the scars in front of him just as she had been many years ago.

“I can’t believe the way they fought.” He said somewhat mournfully remembering the hurtful way Cain had reminded him of his absence and the terrible words the siblings had exchanged.

The hand belonging to the arm threaded around her slipped under her cardigan allowing his fingers to caress the soft skin of her stomach. It trailed back towards him until it reached her hip. Then his hand flattened to feel the flesh of her hip beneath his fingers. His hand ran downwards over the side of her thigh and then to the back of her leg and up over her ass and then back down again. His hand made this path over and over as if memorizing the shape of her curves under his fingers which pressed firmly into her shape as he caressed.

He did it almost unthinkingly. The old habits of how he expressed his affection returned easily to him.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - megs - 06-12-2017

As he likely predicted she would, Julianna could help but tense as his head dropped and his lips pressed against her shoulder. His hair tickled against the back of her neck. Her immediate desire was to pull away, to shrug her shoulder and pull the scarred skin away from his mouth. The urge explained the arm that tightened, holding her close as he trailed kisses across a longer scar.

Owen held her so easily and touched her so easily. She was distracted by the rhythm of his hand and the ghost of familiarity in the touch that she’d barely noticed that he was speaking. She couldn’t remember the last time she had shared such a close and intimate moment with someone, so she was left to assume the last time had been with him. Ten years ago. Ten years since she’d been held so protectively and kissed so tenderly. She hadn’t even noticed how she had longed for such a touch until that moment.

Julianna sighed, she adjusted her position, hips shifting slightly as her legs slid across the sheets. “They’ve been fighting like that for years,” she explained, her finger drew small circles against the mattress. She nudged the pillow with her face until it was bunched up slightly and she could rest her cheek directly against his bicep. “Anita has always carried this guilt with her, and I thought it was just from running away, but I guess it has something do with you, as well.”

Intercepting the hand that was making slow passes across her finger, she laced their fingers together and cuddled his arm against her chest. She worried at her bottom lip in the dark, before turning her face and pressing her lips against the arm beneath her head. “What happened to you?” The question came softly; words mumbled against his skin. “How did you...die?”

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 06-13-2017

A staccato kind of ‘hm’ was the only response he gave in reference to Julianna’s revelation that the children fought viciously. Owen allowed Julianna to move his hand and arm however she saw fit as most comfortable. He preferred the skin to skin contact of her face pressed to his arm.

Owen was settling into the pillow above her head but froze any snuggling movements when she asked the question. The dreaded question.

He didn’t know how to answer it. That wasn’t accurate. He knew and remembered every moment of that night, he just didn’t know how he would be able to tell it to her.

He started with the simplest explanation. “I was shot.” His eyes were still closed but he opened them when he said it. He could see the shape of Julianna’s ears in the darkness and his arm stretching out in front of him underneath her head. “I don’t know what you remember of that day. Anita was taken. I was contacted by her abductor. They asked me to come to a site to get her.”

The simplest words were all he needed to get started. “I drove out there and met Katanya. Do you remember her? She said she had the team together. She told me. I believed her. I shouldn’t have. I shouldn’t have ever trusted her… or anyone. I should have let you go with me. I should have -”

All of the times he had played the night over in his mind Owen had figured out all of the holes, all of the mistakes he had made. And he found many and kept finding more.

“It was a missile silo being built into a mountain. The project was on hold…” The way the memories came to him came directly out of his mouth without concern for chronological narrative. “I went to the second floor on the east wing entrance. I had my weapon at the ready. I cleared the stairwell. I cleared the first and second landings. On the second one I could hear her. Anita, she was crying. I trusted the information Katanya gave. She was right second floor, third room a perfect holding cell for a hostage. I cleared the hall. I went too fast. I was too eager. I should have slowed down - but, she was crying, Julianna, you know? We never let them cry. We never let them cry; we always soothed them.

He paused, thinking. His voice was quiet when he began again, just barely loud enough to vibrate his vocal chords, just enough to resonate in his chest.

“I opened the door. There were five armed men. Anita was in the middle of the room in a chair. She was holding her arm to her. Her fingers - they were mangled and blue and swollen - I went too fast. I should have slowed down. I kept thinking about her being permanently damaged. Her fingers were so little you know? And going in the wrong direction. She called for me, she tried to come to me. The man closest to her grabbed her. Snatched her and shoved her back. She was so - little. Like a little doll to him. I wanted to shoot him so fucking badly. I asked them how we were going to settle it. I radioed for Katanya.”

He stopped again, remembering how puzzled he was. “Katanya answered me, from right behind me? She was behind me. She wasn’t supposed to - she instructed me to disarm myself. I shouldn’t have. I told Anita it was going to be okay. I showed them my hands.” He untangled his fingers from hers to stretch his hand palm out as he did that night.

“I was shoved against the wall and they patted me down. I told Anita it was going to be okay. I asked Katanya what was happening. Katanya dismissed them. The guys didn’t want to go but she made them. I knew she was going to kill me. I knew. I knew it. She let me hold Anita for a little bit. She was inconsolable until I put my jacket on her. I told her to behave and do what was told of her. I told her not to cry that it was over and we were going home. I was right behind her. They took her from the room and it was just me and Kat. I shouldn't have let Anita go. I should have held on to her. She wouldn't have shot me if I was holding on to that child. But I - just couldn't risk it. I couldn't use Anita that way...and so it was just Kat and I. She was trembling and pointing that gun at me. She told me to turn around. I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t do it. I begged her, Julianna. I reminded her that I had you and the kids. And that she didn’t want to hurt you and them that way. She couldn’t hurt me in a vacuum. I told her we could help her. You and I, together. She could have taken political refugee status in the isles. That we could do that for her. She screamed at me to shut up. I knew she didn’t want to do it. I knew it. I could see it. Just like you see rookies hesitating. So I risked it - I shouldn’t have. I took a step forward. It was too fast. It was just one step. I was trying to ask her to put the gun down so we could talk about it. I had my hand out. I shouldn’t have. She shot me. One, two. Quick shots.” His fingers had formed into a gun that kicked in time with his counts.

“It was reactionary. I gave her the reason to. I fed her the motivation she couldn’t find just a moment before. I should have been more docile with her. I was too threatening. I should have been more careful. The first one hit me in the chest, the second in the shoulder when I went down. I couldn’t breathe. It punctured my lung I think. I think she sobbed. She knew I was suffering. That she hadn’t done it right. That wasn’t the way you executed someone. You shoot them in the head. That’s the way you do it. Right between the eyes. I couldn’t hear well, maybe she was just breathing heavy, my ears were ringing from the shots. ”

His hand fell to the bed, limp. “I don’t know how long it took me to die. It was very hard to think straight. I was just scared, I think. Just terrified. I remember there was this one time I was driving with my dad somewhere and this dog jumped out and just - he couldn’t stop, you know? He just hit this poor dog. And we got out and it was laying there bleeding on the road. He told me to stay back. It was bad. But I looked, anyways. Of course I looked. Its eyes were so wide and they rolled in this just sick way and looked at me. It was straining to look at me. I felt like I was looking at terror. That was what terror looked like. You know? A thing dying and knowing it was dying. I thought about that and I thought about how pathetic I must have looked just bleeding on that stupid linoleum floor. Wide-eyed and foolish like that dumb dog that jumped out in front of us.”

“And that was it. I was shot.”

He concluded the same way he began.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - megs - 06-23-2017

Julianna was silent as she listened to him recount the night of his...execution. It was hard to consider it anything less than with the way he told it. She didn’t feel the need to confirm that she didn’t remember that day, or that she wasn’t aware of having known a woman named Katanya. The way he pointed out the mistakes he thought he had made informed her that he had been thinking about that moment too much. As he continued her ears fell flat and her eyes were hot with tears. A choking lump formed in her throat with the knowledge that Anita had been taken. Her...their daughter had been abducted to bait him to his death.

She rolled over in his arms as the story continued it. She pressed her face against his chest, his chin bumped the crown of her head as he spoke. It felt endless. There was just more and more information, and she knew that hearing it second hand was nothing compared to living and re-living it, and even though she wanted it to be over, she didn’t make him stop. She had asked, it wasn’t fair to ask him to stop because she didn’t feel like she could handle it. She hugged herself against him, because she had no idea what to say. There was nothing she could say. One arm wrapped around his back and trailed upwards until her finger were in his hair. Petting the blonde locks, she tilted her face to press a kiss against his shoulder.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered against his skin, her voice seemed so loud in the darkness. “I’m so sorry.”

Anita had returned to the brownstone, just as she’d told her mother she would. As she passed the guest bedroom, she could hear her father speaking within. Her tail curled towards her spine as she stood outside the door and eavesdropped on the story. She remembered that day, perfectly, but she had never heard it from another point of view.

Waves of guilt washed over her again. It was all her fault. She should have just gotten on the bus like she was supposed to. She should have asked her parents if she could go with Katanya. She should have…

The story ended and the murmured voices of her parents were too low for her to hear. She shuffled away from the door and them and climbed the stairs towards the master bedroom. Anita didn’t request an invitation before pushing the door open and slipping into the room. She left a trail of belongings towards the bed. Purse, one boot, another boot, a sweater, sunglasses. Climbing into the bed with Cain she wiggled her away under his arm without regard for any protests that he could have uttered. Wordlessly, she snuggled against him in the middle of the bed. Her tail curled tight against her spine, as she swallowed down tears of her own.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 06-25-2017

Julianna apologized for something that would never be her fault. Owen understood the sentiment and only said, “It’s okay, love. It’s over now,” even though it didn’t feel over to him. Not when his memories and regrets kept cycling over and over.

He never would have told the story that way if he knew Anita would have heard it. For her he would have told a much different account. Not lies, but something less conflicted. Something more solid so that she could grasp onto to it and structure her own thoughts about the night. He would have told it so much differently for her.

They fell asleep in one another’s arms clinging in the darkness. Owen drifted off long after Julianna did. He stared at the wall in the dark as she went limp in his arms. He petted her hair until she purred and the silky rhythm of that vibrating sound lulled him to sleep.

In the morning, Owen kissed her until she roused enough to kiss him back. A dreamy morning light filtered in through the blinds casting angled lines across their bodies in bed. When her hands touched the muscles of his stomach and ran over his shoulders, all of a sudden it didn’t matter to him if their lips met. The corner of her mouth was fine. Her jaw would do. The hollow of her neck. Her shoulder. Until he found her mouth again. It didn’t matter where his hands went, where hers went. Everywhere. Anywhere was fine. They rolled around under the covers and her head knocked hard into the head board. She laughed airily and said ‘ow’ rubbing the spot on her head, lower lip red with kissing jutting out in a pout.

“Show me where it hurts.” He said.

She pointed to the crown of her head. He grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled her head forward, so he could kiss the spot that got bumped. When he released her, she smiled and pointed to her breast. “And here.” He flashed a toothy smile understanding the game and bent to kiss her nipple. She closed her eyes, relaxing back into the pillows, and sighed when he lingered there and pointed lower, “And here.” Owen dipped below the covers and grabbing her hips he kissed her right in that spot where her thighs and pelvis all met in the middle.

He pushed her legs apart so he could taste her. She smelled the same. She tasted the same. Overwhelmed with relief and desire, a moan caught in his throat. He didn’t want to breathe anything but her. She gasped, back curved. Was he always like this? She rocked her hips tentatively, biting her lower lip, wanting more. Owen encouraged her with strong hands guiding her hips. Bruising fingers left her hips to tease the inside of her thighs while his mouth worked over her clit, until he pushed a finger, and then two inside.

He wanted to spell his name out on her clit with his tongue. Owen Renly Hart. So she’d never fucking forget him. He’d spell her name too if he had to. Julianna Hart. Hart. She was his heart. His fingers pushed deep inside her. Her legs trembled, head thrown back, a low throaty sound from her parted lips and Owen tasted her cum.

He crawled back up until their mouths could meet again. He sunk down on top of her, pushing inside her, hands guiding her legs to wrap around his back. He bucked his hips languidly at first. Hers rose to meet his in rhythmic time. She was still sensitive from her recent orgasm, the muscles of her body tight around him. Their mouths met, breath hot on each others lips. The taste of her was still on his lips and in his mouth. When her hand traveled down his back and she cupped his ass, Owen increased the pace and the impact.

His hand reached back to hook under her knee so he could maneuver her leg up and over his shoulder. Same on the other side, until he made an acute angle out of her hips. With the angle of her body shifted, he bucked harder while her fingers grasped his arms. When she moaned too loudly he shushed her.

He lowered his head so his lips brushed against her ear. Velvet against his mouth. His heart was pounding, his breath panting. Little hairs of her ears tickled against the stubble on his face. Had Julianna always felt this good? He felt close. Very fucking close.

Over the years his body had grown attuned to hers, and apparently death didn’t change that. When she tightened around him in orgasm, when her moans deepened, it pushed him over the edge.

A low moan from his throat and “Julianna,” escaped his parted lips pressed to hers as his hips bucked a desperate rhythm into hers. He throbbed, a warm sensation filling her.

They laid for a moment as they had the evening before, clinging to one another. When Owen’s stomach growled, they got up, put enough clothes on to be decent, and made breakfast together. It seemed that nothing had changed. They moved around one another in the kitchen with a familiarity that only years together could cultivate.

Cain woke when he smelled food. His arm was draped over his sister’s back. She lay on her stomach next to him clutching a pillow, fast asleep. “Hey, Anita.” He whispered at her shaking her shoulder gently. “Sleepy fuck, guess what?” He scooted closer until his face and hers were just inches apart. “I think they’re making food. I’m about to go in on whatever they are cooking. You wanna go down there?”

Apparently Cain could be a kind brother.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - megs - 06-27-2017

Anita was initially resistant to Cain’s attempts to wake her. She whined, annoyed, turning her head away from him and attempting to cuddle closer. Like a cat that just wasn’t quite ready to move off of your legs just yet. She felt him move across the mattress and when she turned her face back and peeked her eyes open his entire visage filled her vision. Her tail tapped against the sheets as she groaned and blinked titled her head far enough to see him in full. Wordlessly, she lifted her hand from where it was trapped between their bodies, and splayed her entire hand over his face, playfully pushing him away from her.

She seemed to awaken all at once, also very catlike. Eyes open and pushing herself into a sitting position. Fully and suddenly alert with her tail swaying behind her shoulders. She’d remembered hearing something about food and now the smells of breakfast were hitting her. “Do you think it’s going to be weird?” She looked down at Cain.

Anita didn’t just mean her mother and her father still awkwardly adjusting to one another. She and Cain had said some things last night that were the type of things you meant deep down, but regretted in the morning. Cain, especially, having lashed out at Owen the way he had.

RE: Glass Houses [Closed] - saronym - 06-28-2017

Cain wrinkled his nose and let himself be pushed away a little bit before he shoved at her hand. She sat up, but he remained lying down. The urge to stretch overtook him. His arms reached over his head, toes spread, ears laid back with the effort of it, and his tail flicked over the bed in an entirely feline stretch. He yawned and a purr trilled in the back of his mouth until he forcibly stopped it by clearing his throat.

“Of course it’s going to be weird.” Cain joked lightly, pushing at her knee, before he sat up.

He spread his hands and shrugged as if it didn’t bother him. “This family has always been weird, amirite?” He snatched at his little sister around the neck to bring her under his arm as if he was going to give her a noogie like they were elementary school kids again. No noogie came, he just pressed a smacking kiss on the crown of her head.

“Get over it loser.” He shoved her away roughly before climbing his way off the bed.

That was just Cain’s big brotherly way of saying I’m sorry, I love you, and I forgive you. In truth, deep down he was afraid of facing his father and mother after the words they’d had the evening prior. For some reason, he decided to put on a strong face for his little sister whose feelings he felt he had gone in on too hard the evening before.

Cain bounded down the stairs with loud and heavy steps to announce his presence to his parents downstairs. The noise attracted Daisy who ran to greet him with a jingling of her collar.

“Hey mom, hey dad.” Cain said as if none of the stressful events of the previous evening had happened. He entered the kitchen carrying the wiggling Corgi mix in his arms.

Owen was leaned up against the counter drinking coffee while Julianna worked on breakfast. “Good morning son.” He said quietly before sipping at the hot beverage.

Cain let Daisy down and went through the motions of feeding the dog to avoid confronting his father’s patient stare.