alonimi
Teacher's Pet [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Archives (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: Complete (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: Teacher's Pet [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=621)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - Tindome - 07-09-2015

"I'm flattered that you think I haven't yet," he said dryly. Admittedly, not by a student thus far. They preferred to go straight to administration to protest their grade. It had never worked, but they tried. Someone had tried to throw holy water on him, once. It hadn't worked, thank God. Ironically. It was very rare for someone to actually properly identify the sort of vampire he was and act accordingly. A student had never done it.

Cross his heart, knock on wood, etc.

"That is very cool," he agreed, his tone no different than when he presented a fact during a lecture. He was almost jealous. Not that he needed a bomber jacket. It was the principle of the thing, anyway. He'd paid more when the dollar was worth less. It really did look very good on her, as much as he preferred more obvious things like short skirts and tight tops.

Not that he was admiring those things on her.

… he was definitely admiring those things on her.

He left his stack of records on the passenger seat of his car, and locked it before rejoining her. He frowned as he watched her exhale smoke. "You shouldn't do that," he said, as if she wasn't aware. As if he didn't have his old cigarette case sitting heavy in his pocket. That was different. He was already dead. Still, he left it at that as he jammed his hands in his pockets, leading the way across the parking lot. It was technically a different strip mall, but they all sort of flowed into each other, impossible to find anything without knowing what to look for.

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - megs - 07-09-2015

She bit her lip to stifle the sound, but a few giggles still escaped her. "If that's the case then it doesn't seem like you learned anything from it."

Veronica would have thought he sounded patronizing, if he didn't sound like that all the time. Whether he thought it was actually cool or not, was the only thing to question. "Don't worry. I'll let you borrow it, sometime," she teased. The last thing he needed, probably. Something warm like her, that smelled like her. Not that she was thinking about that at the time. 

She watched his approach from her peripheral vision, smoking all the while. Looking slight taken aback, at his scolding, she considered a lengthy inhale just to spite him.

Which would be the opposite of proving how mature, and adult she was. Not that she had been doing a very good job, so far. She made a show of walking to the nearest ashtray, not much of a journey with the way the lined the strip mall, and deposited the half-diminished cigarette, before shoving her hands in her own pockets. She walked as fast as she could in her noisy heels to catch up with him. 

"So," she began, breaking the inevitable silence. A hand appeared to pull her hair over one shoulder, before it disappeared again. "Is this what you like to do on the weekends? Minus the consoling damsels in distress, part."

"I'm a professor," he said dryly. "That means I'm done learning. I have the diploma to prove it." Learning lessons was really never his strong suit. The amount of time it had taken him to get his Masters was embarrassing. And now here he was, with Veronica. Not learning from his mistakes.

"I am no longer flattered," he said, though with an upward tilt to his mouth. "You think we're the same size?" Michael looked her over pointedly before recalling that he really shouldn't do that. His eyes fell to his feet, instead, but it was too late anyway. At least he hadn't asked to borrow her skirt. That was probably less funny and more suggestive than he wanted.

He was surprised when she tossed out her cigarette, no complaining and no dispute. He didn't know if he should feel guilty. It was doing her a favor, wasn't it? It seemed wasteful despite that. The click of her heels echoed across the pavement. He snorted at the idea of her as any kind of a damsel, but particularly distressed. A little upset, maybe, and rightfully so, but she was far from helpless. She'd made that very clear.

"Weekends are exclusively for consoling damsels," he said. "This is Taco Tuesday." He pulled his phone out of his pocket to check the time. "Technically Taco Wednesday."

"Really? You're done?" Brows climbed her forehead and she seemed genuinely skeptical. "If I was a vampire I'd want to learn, like, everything. I'd have eighty different degrees." 

Lips parted and she scoffed in mock offense. She was getting closer to a real smile and couldn't be truly upset . "This is a man's jacket," she pointed out, pulling the sleeves from her elbows so they draped over her fingertips. "I am swamped in this thing, and I don't like what you're implying. " she flailed her arms and the extra fabric for emphasis. "I've changed my mind." She was mostly laughing by now, at how idiotic she looked flapping her sleeves around. "You can't borrow it." 

She was pleased to see that she had his attention, even if he was trying to be subtle about it. She kept her expression as passive as she could, still pretending to pout about her jacket, and not gloat. 

His response wasn't exactly an answer. A vague attempt to deny her any details, perhaps? A prompt refusal to be too personal with her. 

"Taco Wednesday doesn't have the same ring to it," she said, trying to keep up with his longer strides in heels. She pushed her sleeves back up, and left her hands out of her pockets this time. Ever the fidget. "So, you're one of those vampires that can actually eat? Or is this a polite attempt to keep me from kicking more asses?" 

"I'd like another hundred years or so to enjoy not having student loans, first," he said. He admired her certainty, anyway. There were worse things to do with infinite time. Infinite money was still something of a problem. If he were older, maybe he'd have gold reserves, or a savings account accumulating comical amounts of interest. So far, his savings was kind of sad and interest wasn't very interesting.

"You bought it. It's a woman's jacket, now." It was hard not to be amused as she emphasized a certain smallness by drawing into it like a very dramatic turtle. "You don't like that I'm implying… that I'm bigger than you are?" Not by much, where height was concerned, not when she had legs like that and wore heels of any height at all. But, still. "My mistake. You are big, and strong. Like ox."

Oh, god. That was a dad joke, wasn't it? He was making dad jokes. Those were worse than teacher jokes, and he tried not to make those, either.

"I can eat," he shrugged. "Kind of. Keeping your fists occupied is a bonus."

She wrinkled her nose and took into account that he had a point. She was lucky enough to have qualified for grants and scholarships, so her debt would be minimal at the end of it all. She tended to forget that was not the reality for some. "They don't have special vampire education grants? They're like: "thanks for not eating people, have fun in class." She waved her hand in an imitation of some fictional vampire grant authority. 

"That is not how clothing works," she protests with a huff, remaining in her new found turtle form. "I thought you were trying to say that I was the larger one, and I was going to have to fight you." Idle threats uttered towards nonexistent insults. 

"I can't believe I have a crush on a total dork," she complains with a groan, regardless of the fact that she was smiling at his awful joke. 

She was having a difficult time with not noticing how comfortable this was. How comfortable she was with him. She hoped he was starting to feel the same way, even if he wouldn't admit it. 

This was not at all helping her get over him. The desire to hold his hand was also very hard to ignore. 

"I don't need my fists to beat you up," she informed. "Would've thought you'd be more concerned with occupying my mouth, anyway " She wasn't looking at him as she spoke. Pretending to be very interested in the skyline, and trying to appear innocent with an obvious smirk on red lips. 

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - Tindome - 07-10-2015

"You think they want to encourage old guys who eat people to come hang out with girls just out of high school?" he asked dryly. Then he shrugged again. "If someone offered a vampires-only scholarship I would assume it was a trick and they were going to kill me. Which would not make for a very successful scholarship." He had qualified for exactly jack and shit. His grades in high school had been awful, and college had not seen significant enough improvement to get him anything at all. Not that he'd tried very hard. Taking loans was easier in the short-run, and he'd never been good at long-term thinking. Ironically enough.

"I'm pretty sure that's how clothing works," he reiterated. "You buy a jacket, it's a women's jacket. I buy a shirt, it's a men's shirt."

He narrowed his eyes at the huffing turtle walking alongside him. "You thought I was calling you fat?" he asked incredulously.

A crush. That made it sound so sweet. He didn't know if it counted as a crush when he'd already had sex with her, but he wasn't about to correct her. He wished he'd realized sooner. An innocent crush, a harmless crush, something for him to ignore until she wasn't his responsibility anymore. Not something for him to reciprocate. Crush was not the word for whatever it was he felt when he looked at her.

He was grateful for the distraction of the taqueria, opening the door for her so that she could go in first. He looked out at the stars instead of at her. "If you're going to keep saying things like that," he murmured, "I'll be grateful for the tacos." That pretty red mouth of hers was dangerous.

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - megs - 07-12-2015

"Are all vampires so paranoid?" She asked, running fingers through her hair. "Or are vampires still really… hunted like that? I thought vampires were just sort of accepted a long with all the other spooky stuff in the world, nowadays." 

She clawed at her hair again as if the gesture would do anything to tame the staticky mess it was becoming in the desert air. "So, what would happen if I wore one of your shirts? What would it be then?" She ventured. Since there seemed to be very specific rules on clothing purchases that she'd never been made aware of. But she also wanted to see if she could get him thinking about what she'd look like wearing one of his shirts. All tousled and weak from the potential activities she hoped the suggestion also brought to mind. 

"You could have been calling me fat," she defended, shrugging her shoulders as she presented him with a very convincing pout. "I do so recall you telling me you don't get nicer." 

She walked past him as he held the door, instantly greeted by the smell of fried meat and fresh tortillas. She turned around to face him, as he followed and the door swung shut. She laced her fingers behind her back, taking slow steps and looking of picture perfect innocence. "If you're so worried about my mouth, you could always just kiss me. I think that would shut me up pretty effectively."

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - Tindome - 07-13-2015

"Maybe not always," he admitted. "I'm generally pretty… safe. Here. I don't cause much trouble." Michael shrugged. "But that's not good enough for everyone. It's easy to claim self-defense." There weren't enough vampires in Las Ballenas to result in a large hunter community; everyone was busier with metas. It was worse on the East coast, filtering out into the Midwest. The only hunter he was aware of nearby was Dr. Said, and she'd made it clear that he would be fine as long as he was careful. No biting people. No forcing students to do things with his ability to compel. No seducing lovestruck young girls.

Two out of three wasn't bad. Wouldn't be, if it took more than a single mistake.

"My shirt means men's shirt. If you steal it, it's your shirt." He didn't know why she was so curious about the specifics of gendered clothing. The last thing he needed was to be imagining Veronica in one of his t-shirts. In his apartment wearing nothing but some worn-out old concert tee that was worn almost threadbare. Wearing a shirt from one of his suits, a white button-up probably, only barely actually buttoned. Smelling like him and smelling like her and everything smelling of sex with her clothes on the floor. He frowned.

"I don't get nicer," he reiterated. "I've still never called any of my students fat. Stupid, maybe. Not fat." He wasn't supposed to call his students stupid, either, but some of them were aggressively dense and deliberately obtuse. There were meaner professors. Not many, but some.

"Kissing is not a substitute for duct tape," he said irritably. It would be self-defeating, anyway, when the only reason he wanted her to shut up was so he wouldn't think about kissing her. Doing anything to her. Even involving duct tape. The last thing anyone needed was his mouth anywhere near her. He opened the fridge case near the counter to grab a bottle of mango nectar buried behind energy drinks and soda. "Carne asada y fruta fresca," he said as he set it on the counter. He looked at her expectantly.

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - megs - 07-14-2015

Veronica nodded thoughtfully, making thoughtful sounding noises to go along with it. She'd never given much novelty to the idea of a vampire hunter. Never understood damning an entire group for the actions of some. She was not naïve enough to think that 'evil' vampires didn't exist, but so did evil humans. They lived in a city that was teeming with them. "Why Las Ballenas?" she asked suddenly, now that she was thinking about the malice that roamed the streets. "I mean, like, why did you choose to live here?"

"I'm not going to steal one of you shirts," she responds with a laugh. He was frowning, so she was pretty sure she had gotten to him just like she'd been trying. She continued for fun, and also because he was still very adamant. "I would just be borrowing it. Obviously." She wasn't interested in letting him off the hook easy. She wondered to how good of an imagination he had. Was it worse now that they'd actually had sex? Now that he knew the feel of her and the sounds she made. 

She wasn't interested in letting him forget either. 

"I dunno," she sings, drawing out the vowels and lifting her arms above her head in a stretch. They dropped back down to her sides, and she was having hard time deciding what to do with the limbs, because she still wanted to hold his hand. "You hugged me cause I was upset," she reminded him. "And then you let me invite myself to Taco Wednesday. That sounds pretty nice of you." 

His tone suggested she had finally hit a nerve. She considered backing down, but now she was only more determined. "I don't think you brought any duct tape," she said, pulling a bottle of water from the cooler when he was out of her way. "So, kissing sounds like a very good substitute." She slid up next to him, closer than she needed to be, but not as close as she wanted to be. Noticing his expectant expression she ordered a chicken soft taco and a churro. 

"Just think of all the terrible things I could say before I get that taco." 

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - Tindome - 07-15-2015

Rather than shrugging, he did something with his eyebrows that was the facial equivalent, a brief lift and a twist of his mouth. "Work," he said simply. Like many professors, he went wherever the college that hired him was – and he was not in high demand enough to be picky. "They have good accommodations." True, most of their 'accommodations' were intended for the superhuman rather than the supernatural. But they adjusted easily enough. The only other colleges with similar systems in place had a high enough vampire population to constitute a 'community'. That wasn't really his idea of a good time.

"I am aware that you – I'm not letting you borrow my clothes." She was very clearly doing this on purpose. Their previous error in judgment had not, somehow, gotten it out of her system. "Don't steal other people's clothes." His, or anyone else's. The thought of her showing up to class with someone else's t-shirt was… irritating.

"You hugged me," he corrected, because her arms had surrounded him first, even if his own had followed. "This isn't nice. It's a free country. You can get tacos whenever and wherever you want." This ignored the fact that he was handing over the cash to pay for her order as well as his own. "Unless I get a restraining order." Which he fairly obviously would not be doing. He tried and failed not to let his eyes pass over the shape of her breasts as her spine curved and thrust them outward, grabbing his drink and his change and turning to get a table so that his back was to her.

"Kissing is not a substitute for anything," he muttered, dropping into a flimsy chair at a small table with his legs sprawled out in front of him. He cracked open the bottle to take a sip, his brooding manner better suited to beer than brightly colored fruit juice. "Don't," he warned. "You don't want these anywhere near you." He flashed teeth as a reminder, though he at least did not go so far as to hiss like an old Dracula movie.

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - megs - 07-16-2015

Her brows mimicked his, disappearing behind her bangs at his answer. Not that she was terribly surprised. There had to be very little appeal for a vampire in Las Ballenas, otherwise. "You mean you didn't come to ride the waves and work your tan?" She snorted a chuckle at the combination of her stupid joke and valley girl accent. 

"But I bet I'd look so cute in one of your band t-shirts," sh teased. She pushed green waves away from her neck with her arms. They tumbled down from the top of her head, and she briefly looked like she was posing as she walked. Modeling off this imaginary shirt. She didn't point out that it wasn't stealing if she was borrowing, but that seemed superfluous and her goal wasn't to annoy him. 

Though, she seemed to do that without trying.

"You hugged me back!" she defended, leaning on the counter briefly. She crossed her arms over her chest, and watched the money change hands. "And sure, it's a free country, but you just paid for my stuff." She gestured to the cashier, who had been unwillingly dragged into her argument, before she pushed off the counter and followed him to the table. "Now, it's almost a date," she uttered the word from behind the fingers that were covering her mouth as if she'd just said something scandalous. 

It seemed that they had very different opinions on what kissing was good for. She circled the table as he sat down, not quite sure where she wanted to sit or what to do with herself as a whole. He flashed fangs at her and she frowned, resisting the urge to stick her tongue out at him. Certainly, she was aware of what other factors his kissing stigma was influenced by, but she was choosing to ignore them. 

She pretended to be very interested in a poster on the wall, before she walked up behind him. Regardless of the heels, she knew there was no sneaking up on a vampire. So when she leaned and draped her arms over his shoulders, it was because he allowed it, for whatever reason. She dropped her chin to his shoulder, being careful because she was aware of his drink and there was nothing sexy about making him spill. 

"Don't what?" she asked in a whisper, lips close to his ear as one hand smoothed over his chest until her fingers found a button to toy with. "Don't talk about the trail of kisses I'd like to leave on your skin? Or maybe, don't talk about how I'd like to taste you?" 

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - Tindome - 07-17-2015

"I have been," he said. "Is it not obvious I've been working on my tan?" If it were possible to get a tan from moonlight, he might not be so pale. It wasn't as if he never went to the beach. Just… in the dark. Like a creeper. He very pointedly did not admire her pose, even if she was very good at it. "That is not something unique to my clothing, and does not justify theft." That hopefully sounded more neutral than 'you look cute in everything'. "You make it sound like I have a lot of them." And he did. But he never wore them to work. This was the first time she'd seen him in any such thing.

Then again, that may have been a safe assumption to make about someone with a Plasmatics shirt. Maybe it would have been easier to get away with if it had been The Clash.

"What was I supposed to do?" he asked. "Push you away? Give you a lecture about personal space?" He huffed, indignant. He nearly said something in response to it being a date, but stopped himself, teeth clicking as he slammed his mouth shut. He remembered how upset she'd been, in the classroom and on the phone and everywhere in between. The look on her face that he didn't want to bring back, no matter how badly he wished she'd stop talking.

He knew she was coming up behind him, but he still stiffened when she all but draped herself over him. He swallowed as her breath passed over his ear, her hand over his chest. "Yes," he said through gritted teeth. "That is exactly what you shouldn't do, don't – not here, at least, sit down and wait for your damn taco."

It was impossible to sound serious while saying the word 'taco'.

Why was the thought of her mouth on him as distressing as the alternative?

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - megs - 07-17-2015

She gasped, excitedly, as if something had just occurred to her. It was a genuine sound, not like all the teasing noises she'd been making previously. "Do actually go to the beach a lot? At night?" She clapped her hands together. "The beach at night is one of my favorite things."

She finished posing with a soft chuckle as he continued to insist that she only reason she would be wearing one of his shirts was because she stole it. "Of course you have a lot of them." She scoffed as if this should have been obvious. "You're wearing one. No one owns just one band shirt." 

She stared up at him, wordless, for a heartbeat. It was needlessly defiant, given the situation. She bit her lip, but released it quickly. "You lecture me about everything else," she replied evenly, flinching at the way his teeth snapped together. 

He had had no problem lecturing her on obscure historical icons and on her poor life choices. Might as well come full circle with a lecture on hugging men who regretted fucking her. 

"Too late. I've already talked about it." And now he would get to sit and think about it. Or so she hoped. Likely, he would be doing his best not to think about her words: to not think about her at all. She pressed a kiss just below his ear, leaving a faint print of dark, red lipstick in its wake, because there was nothing he could to stop her. 

She unraveled herself from his person, because 'not here' was an interesting compromise that she was willing to behave for. "Yes sir," she lilted, dropping into the chair opposite him. She leaned back, and crossed her legs. An image of obedient silence, if one ignored the smile that curled the corner of her mouth. 

Teacher's Pet [Closed] - Tindome - 07-17-2015

Michael huffed again. "How do you – no. I go during the day. I borrow the school's mascot suit. It's terrible. You'd hate it." He wasn't going to take her to the beach. He wasn't. He would do this in reverse, if he had to. Have sex, take her out to eat, and convince her that she never wanted to have sex with him again. It couldn't be that difficult to make himself repulsive.

"I bought this at a thrift store," he lied. "I'm a cheapskate and it's laundry day."

That might have sounded desperate. He really wasn't a very good liar, it seemed. No one ever asked him about his personal life, and in class he could get away with telling them that it wasn't any of their damn business. In emergencies, he could just compel people to believe him. None of that was any use to him, here. Maybe the knowledge that he was lying, and bad at it, would render him unattractive. All those years spent trying to figure out how to be attractive, and apparently what he'd really needed was the exact opposite.

He didn't mean to make her flinch like that. Maybe it was better if she did. Better if she remembered one of the many reasons this was a bad idea. Such as: he bit. "I lecture during class," he said with a frown, "because that's my job. That hardly counts as everything."

His frown deepened to a scowl when she pressed her lips to his neck, eyes briefly dark. He rubbed his fingers over the spot when she withdrew, and they came away red. He rubbed it away on the thigh of his jeans, a faint smear still visible near his hairline.

It would serve her right if he spanked her. She'd have a very different look on her face, then.

He tried not to dwell on the thought, and was grateful for the distraction of tacos when they arrived at the table.