alonimi
Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Contemporary (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Forum: Valesport (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=86)
+--- Thread: Picking Up Strays [Closed] (/showthread.php?tid=606)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 08-26-2015

If Grayson had known anything about this dead cat she had made up he probably wouldn't have bothered correcting her. Mostly because he would find the cat story far more entertaining and it would save him from having to explain what was really wrong with him. He watched her work at opening the wine, and didn't bother to offer his help. He did, however, scoff loudly and ruffle his hair when she insisted that he play nice. "If I didn't enjoy your company, you wouldn't be in my house," he replied, as if that was a decent thing to say. Looking away from her, fingers worked to remove the watch from his wrist, and set it on the counter before going to his belt.

It was also a very incorrect thing to say since most of his hospitality was based on sympathy, but that was just another thing he kept to himself. Insofar, fucking her was also when he enjoyed her company the least. Not that he didn't enjoy fucking her, but for whatever reason he always ended up feeling bad about it afterwards.

He turned off the water, bubbles having risen to the point of threatening to spill over the edges of the tub. "Then I guess we will have to be careful," he moved closer to her, but only close enough to pick up the glass she had poured for him. "I'm not that into wine anyway." The statement did not prevent him from taking a sip that was far less dainty than hers.

"You've already taken advantage of me," he said, unbuttoning his jeans and pushing them down until he could step out of them. "In more ways than one," he continued, setting the glass on the ledge once more so he could step into the tub. He almost hated the way the whole thing looked like it was designed for romance. Spacious, and comfortable with ledges for glasses and candles. He offered a hand to assist her into the water, the last thing he needed was her tripping or slipping or hurting herself somehow. "I will not mope," he insisted, sounding suspiciously like he was making promises.

Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Tindome - 08-26-2015

Nadine scoffed in return, an eyeroll that did not actually complete a full rotation. "Actions speak louder than words, Grayson," she reminded him, sing-song. "And while you keep saying you like me fine, your actions say that you regret buying condoms in bulk when they were on sale and now you're desperate for an excuse to use them all before they expire." She watched him remove his belt with a little too much interest, ears perking up at the sound. She simply couldn't help herself, she supposed. It wasn't like she was actually holding the sex against him. She liked the sex. The sex was fantastic. But he could not, unfortunately, have sex with her the entire time she was bipedal. So it would be nice if he could enjoy himself the rest of the time, if he wasn't going to be letting her go out and find her own fun.

"I have not," she insisted, ogling him further as he took off his jeans. How could anyone look so grumpy getting into a bathtub full of bubbles with a glass of wine? Honestly. "I was perfectly happy to stay naked. You were the one who insisted on buying me clothes. You were the one who fucked me and made me wear a collar everywhere." She pouted. "I even tried to introduce you to cute girls and you knocked me down in the store."

Despite this petulance, her tail slowly wagged as he offered her a hand, one that she accepted as she immersed herself in bubbles. She gave him a peck on the cheek. "You smile more when I'm a dog."

Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 09-07-2015

He looked sheepish for a moment as she made a comparison that made him sound like a horny teenager. If he'd still been wearing his pants he would have shoved his hands into his pockets, but he had to settle for pushing them through his hair instead. "I thought that's what you wanted?" he asked, pushing at his glasses now. "Sex and a place to stay," he continued, this time with a shrug. She was an adult. He assumed she was an adult. He hoped she was an adult, and she could do whatever she wanted, it's not like he was forcing her to stay. 

He really needed to get a positive ID on her. 

Personally he felt like he'd done a decent job of being decent. Harder to separate his dislike for the world for his kind-of-like for her.

"First off, can we not make the collar and the fucking sound like they're the same thing?" He tried not to seem as annoyed with her as he was, even as she kissed his cheek. Self-conscious now that she'd pointed out his dour behavior. He probably failed, because he was always terrible at that sort of thing. He deliberately chose not to reply to certain points of her argument. Drawing the attention of women like she expected him to flirt. Like he had the patience or the know-how. When he settled into the tub he wanted to sink far enough to hide his indignant expression beneath clouds of fluffy bubbles.

"I like you better when you're a dog," he said matter-of-fact, very pointedly not smiling.

Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Tindome - 09-07-2015

She giggled at his indignant defense of himself. "You're so sweet," she teased, "trying to give me what I want." He wasn't entirely wrong. "I'm not complaining about the sex. I'm not complaining at all, really." Yes, she was. "It would just be nice if you had facial expressions in between orgasming and grouchy, when I'm tall enough to appreciate them." She settled much more comfortably into the excess of bubbles, sipping at her wine.

"This is kind of ridiculous," she pointed out, looking at the bubbles that had formed a throne around her, high enough that she could disappear into them. "This is like... fucked up dishwasher levels of bubbles. This is a lot of bubbles." She blew at some, and giggled as a clump of foam took flight.

She took another sip of her wine, resisting the temptation to fling bubbles at him. "I'm sorry I insinuated you're a dogfucker," she said, not at all contrite. "Or that I insinuated that you'd like to have some kind of kinky bondage sex with me. Whichever you think I insinuated."

Nadine gasped with feigned indignation, though for the briefest of moments her ears really did pin back against her hair. "You're so mean," she accused. She pouted dramatically, carefully setting her glass on the edge of the tub. "I can act more like a dog," she suggested, "if you'd like that better." She leaned forward a little. "Should I be spending more time on all fours? You don't seem to like it when I'm in your lap."

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 10-14-2015

Grayson frowned when she giggled because he had the suspicion that she was making fun of him. Which was not an unusual thought when someone was giggling at you, but then she opened her mouth for words and all but proved him right. "Facial expressions?" he repeated, before taking another drink of the wine she had poured for him, even though he didn't want it. "That's a lot," he deadpanned. "You're asking a lot for someone I just met two days ago."

He shrugged his shoulders and tilted his head back to lean it against the edge of the tub. "You wanted bubbles," he replied, closing his eyes and sounding like that was enough to justify the copious amounts of bubble solution he had put into the tub. It did not, but he suddenly felt ridiculous. He visibly grimaced at her choice of words, though he figured she had chosen them very deliberately. He did not know why, but he was almost sure that she said the most outrageous thing she could think of nine times out of ten. He decided not to reply to avoid having to talk about bestiality, or bondage, and to not have to hear what ridiculous thing she could say next.

He only shrugged again when she called him mean, not bothering to defend of explain himself. But his eyes snapped open at her offer and he lifted his head again to look at her. "Do not," he warned, brow furrowing as he noted the slight way she was leaning towards him.

He was now positive that she said the things she did just to fuck with him.

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Tindome - 11-22-2015

She grinned, sipping at her wine. "It's true," she agreed. "I'm very demanding." She swirled her drink thoughtfully. "But as long as you're giving me sex and a place to stay, I suppose you can keep on scowling at me. If that's what makes you happy." Her legs slid along the tub to stroke his calf with the arch of her foot, an affectionate gesture.

She set her wine down on the edge of the tub and leaned even closer, impossible to tell that her tail was wagging beneath the water. "No?" she asked. "But you're so much snugglier when I'm on all fours." Her legs tangled with his as she draped herself over him, chest pressed against his as she kissed his neck. "And you just said you liked me better."

"Here, maybe this will help." She leaned back and scooped up some of the excess bubbles with two hands, depositing them on the lower half of her face. She did her best to sculpt the bubbly mass into something beardlike. "How's this?" she asked, posing. "Is this better? If it isn't, you should drink more. Or get new glasses, since you're having trouble seeing how fucking cute I am."

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 11-30-2015

"You are very demanding," he repeated back to her, despite having no proof on the matter. She's not asked for nearly as much as he has offered, which made no sense to him whatsoever. Grayson was not protective, he was not affectionate, he was not whatever… this was. Which was evident by the fact that he was now sans one husband. He would have pulled his leg away from her, if there had been anywhere for him to put it, so he continued to frown.

"Don't," he repeated, fruitlessly. He lifted his head and she was already moving closer. Poised over him, not quite pinned, she weighed practically nothing. It was mostly muscle memory that put his hand against her waist as she dipped towards his neck. "I said I like you better as a dog. This is…" he paused, swallowed. "This is not remotely the same thing."

If she had had any plans of this being a relaxing moment, she was quickly ruining it.

He dropped his hand when she pulled away, he'd not needed to put it there in the first place because she was obviously very steady on her own, and did not need his help whatsoever. He watched, somewhat confused, as she organized bubbles around her chin. He smiled, albeit, minutely when he realized what she had done. "It's a little better," he admitted. "Now, get off me so I can get out of this tub."

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Tindome - 03-10-2016

Nadine's smile faded as he seemed to withdraw into himself, a barrier between them that was becoming familiar. Her mouth became more a pout than a frown as she brushed the bubbles away from herself, the smallest huff of an exhalation.

She didn't know why she cared. It wasn't like she was planning to stay long, anyway. She didn't actually belong to him; she didn't actually need him to take care of her, or even like her. A poorly-chosen mark. Even in the worst-case scenario, that was all he was. He didn't even know her real name. Never would.

The dog thing did something weird to her hormones. That was all. She just had to remember that. Suspiciously dog-like feelings could safely be ignored. Hormones were not a valid basis for decision-making.

She pulled away from him to sit back on the other side of the tub, a safe distance with limbs untangled. "Fine," she said, and the way she did not look at him was more like a cat than a dog. The imperious tilt of her face was somewhat belied by the ears pinned back against her hair. "Do whatever you'd like." She picked her wine back up, eyes shuttered behind her lashes.

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 11-26-2016

Grayson stared at her when she settled, almost petulantly, back on her side of the tub. Slate eyes narrowed in thoughts that he didn’t voice, before he pushed himself out of the water. He couldn’t decipher why she seemed upset at the potential of his departure. Further still, he couldn’t decipher why he seemed to care if he’d hurt her feelings. Stepping out of the tub, he reached for a towel and used it to dry himself quickly, before wrapping it around his waist.

He opened his mouth as if he would speak, but instead of words he only sighed; a confused and exasperated fall of air before he reached to pluck the wine glass from the edge of the tub. Almost reflexively, and certainly without explanation, he reached with his free hand and gently bet the top of her head. Open palm passing over hazard curls and fluffy ears. He found that he did not like the way they were pressed against her head. More accurately, he did not like they way their appearance made him feel as if he had done something wrong.

“I’ll be in my office,” he explained, softly. Unsure of whether she cared to know, or would come to find him when she was finished with her bath. A part of him sort of wished he would. The part of him that was still denying an inexplicably growing attachment to her.

Grayson changed into flannel sleep pants and a grey undershirt, and decided that angry passes of clawed fingers were good enough to set his own curls to rights. Not a proper bath and he found that they were still sticky with product. The lingering feeling bothered him, fingers clenching and un-clenching against the residue before he stepped downstairs and washed his hands in the kitchen sink.

He discarded the wine and washed the glass and pulled a beer from the fridge and took the stairs two at a time, moving slowly across the landing to see if he could hear her from the hall. He left the door open, but sat with his back to it as he worked at his computer. Or at the very least he pretended to work, while he continued to listen for sounds of movement from the other room.

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Tindome - 03-14-2017

She pointedly ignored him as best she could, not even looking at him. Her ears twitched when he sighed, eager for some kind of apology or other salve to her ego.

He touched her, instead. Fleeting, barely at all, but his hand passed over her ears and her breath caught. Her grip loosened on her wineglass though she didn't drop it, her shoulders relaxing, her face softening. Just as quickly her grip tightened again, pretending as if nothing at all had happened.

"Hmph." Stupid Grayson. Stupid office. Stupid touching.

Nadine had never been averse to cuddling. Cuddling was nice, the way sex was nice, the way so many things that people read too much into were nice.

She wanted it now. She ought to have been perfectly happy with the satisfactory dicking she'd just received, but all she wanted was more touching. She wanted him to hold her, and kiss her, and… all sorts of dumb shit. She wanted to sit in his lap, the way he let her during the day.

She was jealous of her own dog self.

She sniffled.

It really felt like adding insult to injury as she cleaned herself up in earnest, washing away any evidence that he'd touched her at all. She didn't know what to wear once she'd dried herself off.

It would serve him right if she got dressed up and went out without him.

She poked through his closet until she found a cardigan she liked. Off-white, it had seen better days; some of the buttons were missing. The sleeves were too long for her, and on her it hung low enough to reach her thighs. There were just enough buttons left near the bottom that she could pretend it was decent. The fur on her ears was dry, but her hair was still damp. She considered just going to bed – but she spent so much time sleeping, it felt like.

Cautiously, she poked her head into his office.

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 04-20-2017

Grayson had gone to his office with the specific intention to brood. Curious, as to why he chose his office when he could have done it anywhere, and often did, since brooding was his default state of being. Lounging lazily in his chair, he swiveled it back and forth in a short circle as he sipped at the beer. He didn’t want it. Didn’t know why he grabbed it. Somehow it had become a routine he couldn’t shake even though he’d shed that brief experiment with alcoholism almost a year ago.

Sitting up, he set the beer down and tapped his laptop back to life. Crime scene photos he’d forgotten he’d left up filled the screen once he’d entered his password, and he frowned, but didn’t flinch. Sighing, fingertip moved across the track pad and he filed the photos away just for something to do. It was mindless work and did nothing to take his thoughts off dark ears pinned against dark curls.

He heard Aida approach, but didn’t turn to watch her peek around the door frame and into the office. For whatever reason, he knew he didn’t want to see what she was wearing. If anything. Sighing, he leaned on the desk and pushed a hand beneath his glasses to rub at his eyes. Pushing his glasses back into place, he then clawed a hand through his hair, and leaned back in the chair.

Grayson lifted one hand to get her attention as if he would wave her in. In a gesture, that in retrospect was very rude and he would definitely regret later, his hand dropped towards the floor and he snapped his fingers, before pointing to a spot on the carpet next to his chair. Not unlike the way one would summon an actual dog.

He wanted to see what she would do.

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Tindome - 04-20-2017

Her ears shot upright as much in shock as anything else, her eyes going wide and her breath catching. Her face felt hot, a pang of arousal adding insult to injury.

With an indignant sound, she slammed the door to his office shut, and stormed down the hall.

And then back down the hall.

She was pacing in the hallway.

What! Was that!

Excuse you Mister Crawford but that was – she wasn't actually a dog! He didn't get to–! That was unacceptable. No apologies! Not a word! Just! Whatever that was! She might play at–

Was that what this was? Her furious pacing halted temporarily. Was that his best attempt at some kind of kink thing? After he'd completely shut her down in the tub, was this his idea of compromise? That was so – so–

"Uuuuuuuugh!" She growled with frustration, resumed her furious pacing.

Should she even… what if it had been meant as an insult? Thinking it might have been flirtatious would only make it even more insulting, wouldn't it? Why did she even care what he thought, when she was awesome and fantastic and he should have been fucking grateful that she'd let him fuck her at all? He didn't own her, just because she was staying here and he'd bought her nice clothes and thrown some good dick her way. It was the least he could fucking do, under the circumstances. Treating her like a pet was – that was her thing, it was different when she was teasing him with it, this thing he shouldn't want and couldn't even really have.

What if this was his idiot attempt at some kind of a compromise, and he'd touch her, and god she was pissed that she wanted that from him as badly as she did. If she had any goddamn sense she'd leave and find someone else who'd fuck her hard and not ruin it with all this other stupid bullshit.

She opened the office door again. "What the fuck," she demanded.

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 05-05-2017

Grayson didn’t bother turning around when the door slammed behind his back. His fingers curled into a fist and he brought the hand back to his laptop and resumed his typing the same as he had before her interruption.

He assumed he had made her mad. He didn’t bother to wonder why he only assumed that she was angered by the very rude gesture that he had made moments before. He could hear her pacing a line outside his door, clearly they were both bothered by his spur of the moment decision at nonsense.

Aida eventually reentered the room, and his typing halted. Grayson turned around in his chair to face her. Grayson didn’t bother to answer her. He leaned back in his chair and pushed a hand through his curls. They fell back into his vision regardless of his messing with them, but did nothing to hide the way his brow furrowed.

Despite the small woman, standing angrily in his doorway and demanding answers for his borderline crude behavior, he still didn’t answer her.

Instead, he did it again. This time pointing to the space on the floor between his knees.

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - Tindome - 05-07-2017

Her ears shot straight up again, eyes wide. Arousal struck her in the most irritating way, irritating because she didn't know if she wanted to be aroused by it. She opened her mouth, shut it again, huffed and stomped her foot.

That! Was not an answer!

She stared at him. They were at an impasse. She could be stubborn to the point of stupid, and a staring contest that lasted all night would hardly be the dumbest thing she'd ever done on principle.

But night was all she had. Her time was limited in ways that it hadn't been before. That changed things.

She stepped closer, but she didn't drop to the floor. She bent forward instead to put her hands on his knees, cardigan hanging off of her in such a way that it hid almost nothing. Her face was in his, irritated and petulant and searching.

"Are you making fun of me?"

RE: Picking Up Strays [Closed] - megs - 05-13-2017

They stared at each other.

That was fine. Grayson was perfectly capable of playing her stubborn game. He was also content to ignore the fact that her insubordination was entirely caused by the fact that he did not control her and she owed him almost nothing. He stopped pointing, leaning his elbow heavily on the arm of the chair and resting his temple against it. He was lounging now, gray eyes locked on green.

Grayson didn’t rearrange himself when she moved close enough to lean on him. His eyes didn’t leave her face, despite the deliberate show she made of herself. He knew it would be easy, to drop his line of sight below her chin and see near the entire length of her petite form, but he resisted. He watched the small changes in her countenance from behind thick frames and clear lenses, he imitated her sign of irritation, before a smirk threatened to pull at one corner of his mouth.

“Why would I be doing that?”