alonimi
Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ (/showthread.php?tid=586)

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - Blade - 12-21-2014

This has got to be the busiest time of the year for me. Really sorry. Really. I meant to post for stuff Friday night, but it just didn't get done. I will not make promises on when I will post, but I got my schoolwork done for the semester and I'm done with that. I've just been working on these vests I've been sewing for my kids, and, I've been helping my Aunt Cat sew PJ pants for xmas presents. It's really important and all that jazz. So, yeah. I'm really sorry. And lame. I love you all and I'll do my best to post ASAP.

Gomen T,T

Run

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - Tindome - 12-21-2014

Don't worry, you're not the only one that's crazy busy right now. Meow I imagine everything will calm down for most of us after New Year's, but who knows.

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - euphoricvoodoo - 12-21-2014

This isn't December it's Insanityber

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - danixiewrites - 12-21-2014

Best of luck on all the last minute preps, and congrats on the classwork victory! *glomps* Have a wonderful Christmas week!!

And yes...Insanityber, indeed. We finished derusting and putting the red coat of paint on the tricycle today. The handlebars will get redone (they'll be white) and the handles wrapped Tuesday, then we'll put it all together on Christmas Eve. If it doesn't rain. O.o

And *apparently* my parents are driving down after Christmas. So. Quelle surprise. *stares at le casa disaster* *epic flails*

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - Blade - 12-21-2014

Thanks, guys. I'm trying. Gotta pick my kids up in two hours. -hugs to all- Good news is the vests are done. I just need to put the buttons and the corset ribbons on the back tomorrow. ...That probably sounded weird. I'll post pics later xD.

Good luck with the trike, Dani!

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - danixiewrites - 12-22-2014

I'm certain I'm not envisioning what you are. XD There is, however, renewed jealousy in someone else's ability to sew, regardless. ;) Looking forward to pics!!

Thank you! It is presently raining and because it's such a weird temperature, the paint...isn't actually drying, but rather just...chillin' there. Hubs is probably going to have to do some driving back during lunch break tomorrow to paint a second coat just to be sure, and there will be much crossing of fingers!

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - Blade - 12-22-2014

Pics shall be forthcoming! Hopefully today.

Have you tried a hair dryer?

Grrr... Arrrg.... (and why I've been MIA) :/ - danixiewrites - 12-22-2014

Woot!!

I'm tempted, but I don't want it to do something crazy, like peeling. O.o Might have to, just for Christmas, and be prepped for that in the new year. We brought it in this morning, and will have to sneak it back out after work today, before she comes in the house. LOL It's just this perfect storm of cold and damp outside that keeps paint a weird liquid-tacky.