alonimi
Useful References - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Useful References (/showthread.php?tid=579)

Useful References - Tindome - 12-01-2014

As long as I'm sharing things I find useful when I make roleplaying things, here's a thread for dumping reference images, text stuff, whatevs.

For instance, Non-Western Historical Fashion is really great for inspiration, either for characters in that culture or for finding little bits and bobs to steal and give to fantasy/sci-fi cultures if they keep turning out suspiciously British/American/Canadian.

This is what it looks like when a dude who's 7'1" is in love with a lady who's the TOTALLY AVERAGE HEIGHT of 5'2" (I use this image reference a lot tbh I have a problem):
[Image: JY20MDY.jpg]
[Image: FadZIfr.jpg]

This is also a thing:
[Image: tumblr_n21d1wZ74t1torw6zo1_1280.png]

I like the 70s Sci-Fi Art tumblr for sci-fi inspiration but ymmv.

We've probably all seen the color thesaurus by now but what the hell, here it is again:
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9ppyufxJs1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9ppz5wgXk1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9ppzea5SZ1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9ppzpMmuy1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq01mA0o1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq0gloUc1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq0uAYI41rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq13x30f1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq1deTGJ1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq1mhMxq1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq1xFagR1rmk6dw.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_inline_n9pq27xOmm1rmk6dw.jpg]

Body Visualizer lets you put in measurements and weights and see what the results look like to get a better idea of what your characters actually weigh. Again, maybe not as useful if they're some weird thing with hollow bones or an exoskeleton, but it's a good idea for a ballpark. I tend to really overestimate weights! I'm just gonna assume I'm extra dense.

If anyone else has any cool biz they like to use or reference, post it here and gimme gimme gimme (I will probably post more later as I remember things)

Useful References - Blade - 12-01-2014

Ohhh.. the forms of address are wrong. Men and women of title went by their title, not their last name in British Aristocracy. If they were the daughter or a son of a titled man they would be called Lady/Lord and then their Christian name, or, the name they were born with. For instance, if a man were the Earl of Villers he would be called Lord Villers even in spoken conversation. His daughter, however, would be called Lady Katherine (assuming that's her name). Among gentry the same was done for Dukes and Duchesses depending on the setting and so forth. They'd just call them Lady/Lord. It would get very confusing if you had two or three dukes in one room and just called out, "Your grace!". Ha.

-reads too much Regency romance-  Effort