alonimi
Valesport Worldbuilding - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Valesport Worldbuilding (/showthread.php?tid=575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-08-2014

Ahhh nope. There's some letters and arrows on the outside, but mostly, just the coloring. XD

*would offer noms but is still on heavily breaded substances for sick-food* *noms cardboard* 

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-09-2014

<quote source="/post/3357/thread" timestamp="1418087250" author="@danixiewrites]Ahhh nope. There's some letters and arrows on the outside, but mostly, just the coloring. XD

*would offer noms but is still on heavily breaded substances for sick-food* *noms cardboard* [/quote]-Went and got crappy McDonald's last night. Has no regrets.- Okies! What does each color represent? -thinks she missed that part-

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-10-2014

Is there! XD

I think Ransom may be my "character who goes in all the Valesport threads".  And it's going to be hilarious. (To me. So long as Senor McNoseypants doesn't get himself dead. *snrk*)

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - alibananasplit - 04-16-2017

Ok, so, I realize the last post in this thread is from like roughly 2 years ago, but I'm curious as to where y'all stand on centaurs. Like, they're not quite shifters, so I'm thinking they'd fall somewhere in the hodge-podge Fae category. I just want to make sure so that I'm not blowing pre-established lore COMPLETELY out of the water.

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 04-19-2017

Haha, it's ALWAYS cool to res these old lore-type threads, tbh, especially now that we have new people that weren't part of the original discussion :3

Since we're doing sort of Supernatural/Buffy/Lost Girl rules of 'secret weird stuff that randos are SHOCKED to discover even though it seems like there are vampires everywhere constantly' if the centaurs have some way of glamouring themselves or whatever, they could theoretically have some kind of nook/cranny in Valesport (i imagine near the outer suburbs or some such? idk how well they'd do in high-population urban centers, but it's plausible that there are parks where people ride horses and centaurs just sorta try to blend in as those when they go out)

as far as lore goes, they could probably fit under hodge-podge fae (obvs there are more formal fae, but then there are things like my brownie which are Not That). one time i considered a satyr but i think it would just end up turning into a big torgo parody if i tried, lmao

ANYWAY tell me more about what you had in mind :0

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - megs - 04-19-2017

i always feel like everything we do is a no holds barred thunderdome style every man for himself kinda deal

I AM HOWEVER OFTEN WRONG ABOUT MANY THINGS

i would also like to hear about the centaurs

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 04-20-2017

ever since i started thinking about it i've been imagining something like the Fletcher Street Urban Riding Club except that some of them are secretly centaurs who help actual at-risk human teens

i don't know why that just seems rad to me, hahaha

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - SolitareLee - 04-20-2017

Unpretty and I have been talking about that and I too am kind of enamored with the idea of Marcus, Who Is Always On A Horse But No One Thinks It's Weird Because It's An Urban Riding Club That Helps At-Risk Teens. Like. Would you want to be the jerk to be like, Marcus, why are you always on a horse? The man's a saint.

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - alibananasplit - 04-20-2017

HA that all sounds amazing, we may end up with an actual herd.

Chilly, unfortunately, is kind of a hermit. Or pretends to be. He would certainly NOT fit in with the Urban Riding Club centaurs because he is that asshole horse who pins riders against walls and fences because he is bigger than them and so he can. Low-key hates people, but is compelled to help them.

Luckily for him though he has a sorta/kinda-magic that just encourages people to...look away. From the horse-y bits. OBVIOUSLY that man does not have four legs because OBVIOUSLY human men don't have four legs and WHY would he be anything other than human?

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - alibananasplit - 04-21-2017

I should probably go ahead and ask about dragons. Or dragon-like people. People who are Not Quite Real Dragons, but are covered in shiny scales and have horns and maybe sometimes breathe fire. And hoard things. Like aluminum can tabs. Or ballet shoes. Or an ex-husband's skull, that may or may not have been bedazzled.

RE: Valesport Worldbuilding - SolitareLee - 09-15-2017

I'm like six months late to the party but I just saw this on the internet and rushed here to find u
[Image: tumblr_mnaqz8WaCi1snwyvzo1_1280.jpg]
A Centaur In Disguise by Michelle Tolo x'''''D