alonimi
Valesport Worldbuilding - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Valesport Worldbuilding (/showthread.php?tid=575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 12-02-2014

If we want to have synchronized timelines for most of the Valesport walk-ins, should I include a banner for the current season in the setting notes? I think we're all in autumn right now. By the time we get to winter it will probably be summer irl and we will all speak wistfully of the cold, cold snow.

Valesport Worldbuilding - megs - 12-02-2014

I'm just eager for it to be winter so Rylan's hair can turn white.
I'm easy to please.

Valesport Worldbuilding - Kat - 12-02-2014

Autumn seems like a good place to start.
I love writing winter scenery, so I eagerly await when I can romp in the snow~
Often, I live vicariously through my characters. ;w;

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-02-2014

<quote timestamp="1417553314" author="@Tindome" source="/post/2974/thread]I have basically no knowledge of geography because I only lived in Boston when I was a l'il baby and other than that it's all SoCal and Michigan. If you want to set a roleplay in the desert or the woods I will be so much more useful. I will roleplay the proprietor of a Chinese Donuts place, it will be great.

So yeah there are very few times when I'll be like WHOA HEY WHAT, so if anyone else has an immersion problem with a suggested feature you'll have to speak up because I have no idea. owo ~this is a safe space, tell me your feelings~

(tbh when I imagined this castle my mental frame of reference was Scooby Doo)[/quote]To also be honest, that a bit what I'm going for but a little less dusty. So that's totes cool. >,> I mean, the name of the place is the last name of Victor Frankestien's wife. So, you do the math. >3

Also, Shay is making a sexy zombie. -leaves this here-

Valesport Worldbuilding - sir - 12-02-2014

<quote timestamp="1417492480" author="@Blade" source="/post/2936/thread]I love you idea, Sir. Stakes could be claimed with perhaps an invisible or distinguishg mark only 'the other' could see or detect. Or maybe only notice once it was pointed out.

Also, KITTY, I need to know if the dark and gloomy manor on top of some equally gloomy mountain on the edge of Valesport is ok.  Run[/quote]Yeah, that's a good idea! You could even have two kinds of marks: marks that are 'positive', placed to indicate ownership, are just painted on or something. But you could also have 'negative' marks designed to tell someone 'stay out', and made out of baneful materials- silver, UV lamps, cold iron.

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-02-2014

Exactly! We should totes do that.

Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 12-05-2014

So, to clarify my feelings re: what 'kind' of supernatural stuff we're doing. I have been sort of operating on the idea that there are all different kinds of all different things, and they all end up getting shoved in similar categories for conveniences sake. Nosferatu and Jiangshi and Strigoi are all different, but they all get called Vampires. Skinwalkers and Loup Garou all get lumped into Werewolves. Fae are a clusterfuck of pointy-eared weirdos. And so on and so forth. Within Valesport, there are probably specific subsets that have supremacy, which might mean interesting internal politics struggles as well as the disagreements they have with 'outsiders'.

Mostly I like this because then people aren't locked into playing a specific kind of thing, and I am a notorious douchelord when it comes to making up the weirdest possible interpretation of a thing (OCD brownies holla).

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-05-2014

That's kind of what I was picturing BUT I wanted to make sure that was the case before I started getting Ransom into way too much trouble regarding his "full moon" assumptions. *innocent*

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-07-2014

...I've been marking up a map of Boston in between how to manuals today to help me sort out the various areas Connor lays at Ransom's doorstep. Should I be like...posting that and stuff...so like...peeps can correct my insanity before it goes too far? I'm entirely certain what I'm seeing on this page is not at all what it's supposed to be. (I suppose it could always be like...this is what the Kristi Cartel -believes- things are laid out as...but I'd like to know because I use entirely too many worldbuilding references in posts due to too much sprinkling of introspective backstory statements...*train of thought meanders* *goes back to work before brain unhinges from skull completely*) XD

Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 12-07-2014

Haha, go ahead and share! Meow I'm always vague as hell about everything always so I doubt it will ever conflict with anything I write~

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-07-2014

lol...I tried to be vague like "here is this thing" *points* "here is this thing" but then apparently today I'm obsessed with being able to say cardinal directions. *facepalm* Gonna finish up two more training guides and try to scan this masterpiece of highlighter abuse--if I can't, I'll Paint the darn thing. Either way, it's gonna be buckteeth

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-08-2014

The map I've been using...*waves highlighters*  I pulled all the Hello Kitty crazy sticky notes off it that I started using after I made my first tag notes so you can actually see the borders.  O.o

<attachment id="134" thumbnail="1]

Pink-Fae
Purple-Shifters
Green-Vamps (it's like both downtown and midtown somehow)
Orange-Magic Users (with random claimed streets right through the center of vamp and wereland)
Yellow-High crime/contested
Blue-Kristi
White-Old Town

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-08-2014

Oh, my only issue is it's hard to read -squints- But, good job!

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-08-2014

^_^ Should be able to click to embiggen; Also: imagine a giant (creepy, shadowy?) Hello Kitty standing at that river junction between yellow/pink/purple...that's where my stickies dropped the mountain/estate. O.o

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-08-2014

Yeah, I did. The words are just hard to read, if we're meant to read them. Oh... hungry. x,X Dinner can't come soon enough. -totally off topic.-