alonimi
Valesport Worldbuilding - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Valesport Worldbuilding (/showthread.php?tid=575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 12-02-2014

Oh geeze, don't leave things to me! It should be fine where it is, no worries.

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-02-2014

<quote timestamp="1417523559" source="/post/2941/thread" author="@Tindome]Oh geeze, don't leave things to me! It should be fine where it is, no worries.[/quote]
-LEAVES EVERYTHING TO KITTY!- Everything!   Nuu

<quote author="@Tindome" source="/post/2941/thread" timestamp="1417523559]Oh geeze, don't leave things to me! It should be fine where it is, no worries.[/quote]
-LEAVES EVERYTHING TO KITTY!- Everything!  Nuu

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-02-2014

Paint signs with symbols made of screams. Mundanes'll avoid the crap out of those places, and not even know why. XD

Mountain inland, by the river so you get waterfalls, which = foooog with scary dead forest?

That way, even if there should chance to be sunlight, the mountain still looks like:

<attachment id="131" thumbnail="1]

(I say waterfalls, and cannot find a sufficiently creepy waterfall picture. All I found, in fact, was a creepy castle-dam.  I'd have to go digging in my old camera pix for a good reference.  *sigh*)

<attachment id="129" thumbnail="1]

(And a totally unrelated fog picture that I thought was cool and has absolutely no bearing on anything.  *shakes fist* I have a bug and have not acquired coffee--it's a shame it impacts my googlefu.)

<attachment id="130" thumbnail="1]

Ohhhhh, I love that idea. And it provide sufficient reason for someone to eventually make a hot spring thread near the base of said mountain. Yar.

Valesport Worldbuilding - Kat - 12-02-2014

In our mythos, Trevor's character runs a hot springs.
Suppose it's now in Valesport. c:

Valesport Worldbuilding - megs - 12-02-2014

This is turning into very not Boston-like.
Lol.

It's Boston, but with upstate New York adjacent? Veeee

Valesport Worldbuilding - megs - 12-02-2014

Personally I would be willing to believe there are mountains/hot springs/what have you closely surrounding the perimeter of the city limits.
Haha~

Not necessarily running through it.

Oh yes, I think the plan was always this would be at the outskirts, there certainly isn't a mountain downtown or anything Meow

I think his idea was more greek/roman fusion bath house?
Not that I even know he wants to play Silky again. >_>;;

Regardless, I already run a hot springs thread, so I'm all set on that. xD
I am antsy to play with Ki, so if you see me running scenes, it's just because I have a problem.
> u <

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-02-2014

Boston bumps up against the Blue Hills on the south side (not sheer mountains. The tallest peak is a bit over 600 feet.), there's definitely uphill hikeable stuff with crags on the west side. About an hour more inland, you run into peaks that hit 1650...2 hours, you hit the Appalachian Trail. *shrugs* I'm cool with folding space. XD

I used to live up in Boston. o wo
I also had the misfortune of living in the catskills as well.
One, Sullivan county is a dump.
Two, most intolerant place I've ever visited/lived.
Three, it's cold and I hated that part, too. :cc

At one point or another, I've been all over the north east...
Fantasy versions > actual locations.

I have basically no knowledge of geography because I only lived in Boston when I was a l'il baby and other than that it's all SoCal and Michigan. If you want to set a roleplay in the desert or the woods I will be so much more useful. I will roleplay the proprietor of a Chinese Donuts place, it will be great.

So yeah there are very few times when I'll be like WHOA HEY WHAT, so if anyone else has an immersion problem with a suggested feature you'll have to speak up because I have no idea. owo ~this is a safe space, tell me your feelings~

(tbh when I imagined this castle my mental frame of reference was Scooby Doo)

My only concern is weather conditions.
Seeing some of the outfits characters wear in the winter used to KILL ME on Gaia.

'Human Sophie is in a tube top and capri shorts in the middle of winter, but she doesn't mind because HURR HURR FUCKING DUUUUR'

Not wanting to stand out in a crowd, supernatural types would also want to bundle up IN THE SNOW otherwise humans (NPC or otherwise) know something is up.
/shakesfistinrighteousrpfury