alonimi
Valesport Worldbuilding - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Valesport Worldbuilding (/showthread.php?tid=575)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Valesport Worldbuilding - megs - 12-01-2014

<quote author="@danixiewrites" source="/post/2860/thread" timestamp="1417413020]I was honestly envisioning the Supernatural eppy set in Chicago reset in Valesport when I was getting Connor's mafia Family written up; angle for the non-magic human and outriders of were-pack society (re: lone wolves, budding alphas who got cornered out) forming the ranks...built-in magic prejudice tacked on via "law" versus the ones that just occur naturally because humans are horrible. ^_^ They'd need a foothold in numbers...kind of like rats. (Not that the recruitment boys really need an additional reason to be trolling along the edges of Old Town lol.) *shrugs* [/quote]
the Chicago episode is what got me thinking like this. Tbh.

Valesport Worldbuilding - danixiewrites - 12-01-2014

I was hoping Bloodlines would make it through so I could watch more, but they never picked up the spinoff. (Sorry, I realize that's offtopic. *flails*)

I was trying to fit it into the setting, but if the cartel doesn't work with the supe population, it can go somewhere else. Once things land it'll make it easier for my brain to flesh out character backstories (the short things in my brain were plentiful this past week) and new posts (so I can maybe say where Lyta the sad, pitiful foxlady actually comes from--interconnectivity, YAYYYY!!!). (I'll hold on to Ransom and Connor's short until I know where they wind up living lol.) ^_^

Valesport Worldbuilding - Kat - 12-01-2014

I'll probably do up this super posh Fae thread today because I wanna play extravagant assholes soon.
/insertsavereauxsofarremovedtheybarelycountfuckyeahlineage

okay.
fae district - Brighton (because it sounded stuffy, wasp-y, and fitting for uptown)
park in Brighton - Bramblewood (because idk it just fit i guess qq)

Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 12-01-2014

I'll add them to the setting notes when I get home Meow If you want to make an 800x100 banner for the new thread that I can stick in there that would also be neat~

Can do, bb!
/scuttles off

[/img]"http://i.imgur.com/HebXYRG.jpg" style="max-width:100%;" style="]

This work? c:

Looks good! Meow

The gym (if the thread became a thing) would definitely not be in Old Town, sounds like. It's open to supes except on Mundane Mondays *snickers* but even though the younger Kristi generation doesn't have a thing against magic users showing up, it'd be a death trap on that front when the higher ranks arrived to place bets.

Seems like Jean would be...displeased...at rampant assassinations.

"excuse me, I don't know what you're doing in this gym but it tastes gross, please cut it out and enjoy this complimentary muffin basket, the big chocolate one is for whoever's been having all the sex"

Valesport Worldbuilding - sir - 12-01-2014

My vague contribution to this would be; what if var. supernatural groups have a relatively small geographic power base, but also have spheres of influence that spread out within the city, marked by particular signs and symbols?

Vampires, for instance, probably control the hospitals (for John Does and 'expired' bloodpacks). Fae might sponsor and control artists, musicians, and actors, if they're the 'linked to strong emotion' type of Fae (feel free to provide details on this). As 'muscle', the weres could run more traditional crime than most of the others, gambling and similar, using their killy-murder skills to keep others from butting in. And witches, depending on what type of witches they are, could stake claim to academic institutions (hermetic magi), historical landmarks (leylines et. al.), or new-age grocers (hedge-witch herblore).

The reason I think this is a good idea/important is because it makes the lines of influence and control a little less 'neat', since they're conceptual rather than geographic, and that gives you a little more story potential.

Probably not expressing it perfectly, but oh well.

<quote author="@Tindome" source="/post/2896/thread" timestamp="1417460717]"excuse me, I don't know what you're doing in this gym but it tastes gross, please cut it out and enjoy this complimentary muffin basket, the big chocolate one is for whoever's been having all the sex"[/quote]Connor suddenly has inexplicable chocolate basket for Piper....

Edit:  Derp.  Giant chocolate muffin.  A giant basket of chocolate sounded super appealing just then, I guess. XD

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-01-2014

I love you idea, Sir. Stakes could be claimed with perhaps an invisible or distinguishg mark only 'the other' could see or detect. Or maybe only notice once it was pointed out.

Also, KITTY, I need to know if the dark and gloomy manor on top of some equally gloomy mountain on the edge of Valesport is ok.  Run

Valesport Worldbuilding - Tindome - 12-02-2014

Haha, I don't know how mountainous the east coast is but I'm not really all that picky about that sort of thing~ If it doesn't interfere with anyone else's lore plans I don't see a problem.

Valesport Worldbuilding - Blade - 12-02-2014

I don't mind moving it to Misc Modern if it needs to be, honestly. Not gonna hurt my feelings, promise. Totes up to you.