alonimi
Thanksgiving Thanks - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=73)
+--- Thread: Thanksgiving Thanks (/showthread.php?tid=568)

Thanksgiving Thanks - Blade - 11-27-2014

I'm going to warn you, this post might be a little long-winded. (I'm long-winded by nature and have completely accepted this fact about my nerdyness.) I promise, if you get through it you'll absolutely love it and have some stuff to say yourself. Then again, I could totally be getting ahead of myself.

Where was I?

So, the long-winded part. I've been RPing online since I was about...13? The number is honestly lost on me. All I know if I was doing this rad thing online when AOL started and MSN chats were a thing. (Yes, I'm old. Turning 30 in January. It's awesome.) Now, I'm trying not to show my age too much, but I think it's important to know when RPing online became this underground thing you couldn't explain to anyone because it took too long to explain, that it was very much... a total chaotic mess of drama and dumb. Some of it was good, but a lot of dumb. This isn't be trying to be all: BACK IN MY DAY! Cause that's lame as hell. This is more me saying it was great at times; I mean, when it was great--it was great. But, when it really sucked? It was like the red tide of century on top of your-whole-damn-body-broken. (Ok, maybe THAT was an exaggeration. But I mean, c'mon, cut me some slack. I was a kid. It seemed like hell when it was one of my only outlets...)

Mostly, a lot of people could be asshats and jerks. RP fighting was a big thing. A lot of dude-douches played back then. It's fair to say it was stupid sexist. Which, is honestly why RPing fighting is pretty pointless to me without dice these days. I consider it just a big dick waving contest.

But what's the point of this dissertation you're hopefully still reading?

I'm thankful for you guys.

I trudged MSN chats, random forums, Gaia, started and failed games all over the net countless times. I've gained and lost more RP partners than I can count to life, illness, bills, and bullshit. What it all comes down to is of all the people I've ever played with you guys rank in the top. When I hit tentacl I didn't know what was up; finding you was like hitting a 'FINALLY' button. THIS--THESE--are the people I've always wanted to play with. That's what I said.

No drama.

No bullshit.

Just good honest fun with some smut thrown in 'cause we're adults.

So yeah, thanks. A bunch. -salutes- And Happy Turkey Day.

...also, if you read all that... -hands you a cookie... and pie-

Thanksgiving Thanks - danixiewrites - 11-27-2014

*glomps* I just came here for the pie.

I mean.

XD

It is excellent to find one's people. I second the motion--thank you guys for being...home.

Pie ish good. Always good. Nom. Unless it's apple. Ew.

Thanksgiving Thanks - danixiewrites - 11-27-2014

I had this argument on the phone earlier today. The best pie is cherry.

Or pizza.

I personally prefer banana cream pie. Cherry is good, but I like a multiberry pie better.

Thanksgiving Thanks - Panda - 11-27-2014

Unless chocolate is somehow involved, my vote goes for the pizza option. But I'm a bit off.

Thanksgiving Thanks - Tindome - 11-28-2014

Love

re: RP fight dick waving: i once seriously considered having a tournament where the winner would be whoever did the best job of getting their ass kicked without acting out-of-character

I will probs never do that but sometimes I think it would be neat

Thanksgiving Thanks - Angel Kimmi - 11-28-2014

o.o pie and cookies -noms- and I totally agree, I'm so glad I found everyone.

As for the pie...we don't often have fruit pies XD
My experience are pizza, meat pies and apple pie (which i love so therefore disagree with Blade)