alonimi
The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Seeking (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+---- Thread: The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] (/showthread.php?tid=558)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - Kat - 11-18-2014

No, I get where you're going.
I'll think about what I could see myself playing, and maybe have an idea for you in the future.
While very excited with the setting and the premise, I would hate to go about the idea in a completely Kat way.
> n <

The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - sir - 11-18-2014

I don't really know what the Kat way is, but it seems likely to be okay?

Ah-- Sometimes.
It's really just a collection of bad writing habits, like implications where they don't belong, and assumptions on details I won't bother to ask.
If you give me free reign to work, I'm going to world build the fuck out of everything.
Not always a bad idea, true, but you seem to have a setting you're geared towards using, which might very well differ from how I see it.

I just worry I might mess up your plans, and I don't want that to be the case. :c

The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - sir - 11-18-2014

I just make things up, generally speaking. I'm fairly good at it, however, so if you want to do me the courtesy of inquiring re: setting details, I'm happy to provide them.

<hr>Name; Odile Carrington Watts
Alias; The Raven Maven
Age; 28
Gender; Female
Height; 5' 6"
Weight; 135lbs
Build; Narrow, slender. Long limbs, tapered waist, classic hourglass figure, though petite proportions. Dainty, possibly frail.
Hair; Very dark brunette, long, often worn as a braid down her back.
Eyes; A crisp, clear blue.
Ethnicity; WASP-y
Nature; Autocrat, Confidant, Deviant, Fanatic, Judge, Plotter.
Demeanor; Critic, Survivor, Sycophant.
Summary; A peculiar specimen of porcelain flesh, she hides her face with the mask of a plague doctor. Wishing only to alleviate her patient's sickness, Odile's remedies often do more harm than good. Her methods drove her to seek - and in time find - a niche market for her personal brand of curative medicine. No one leaves her care suffering the same disease; that is the guarantee.
<hr>

Thoughts?

The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - sir - 11-19-2014

A couple questions that occur to me:
1. Given that she avowedly wants to heal people, is there any particular reason she doesn't/can't? Poor training, being a (possibly abnatural) vector of disease herself, etc.?
2. Since the primary theme seems to be a contagion/disease thing, why such a conventionally attractive character? Is there an 'angel of mercy' angle at work?
3. What sort of people are part of her niche, and why?

This is just initial thoughts, and please take them as questions and not criticisms (because that's how they're meant).

The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - Kat - 11-19-2014

<quote source="/post/1777/thread" timestamp="1416423374" author="@sir]A couple questions that occur to me:
1. Given that she avowedly wants to heal people, is there any particular reason she doesn't/can't? Poor training, being a (possibly abnatural) vector of disease herself, etc.?
2. Since the primary theme seems to be a contagion/disease thing, why such a conventionally attractive character? Is there an 'angel of mercy' angle at work?
3. What sort of people are part of her niche, and why?

This is just initial thoughts, and please take them as questions and not criticisms (because that's how they're meant).[/quote]Oh, I think my attempt may have missed it's mark.
She's not healing them in a 'I'm the good doctor, doing my honest job' way.
She's ridding them of their human condition, cleansing them of their sanity and their soul, though in a less biblical sense, etc.
In her mind, she does heal them, removing the weaknesses and worries of their lives.

I hadn't pegged her as conventionally attractive, just someone happening to have black hair and blue eyes with a slender build- But yes. Angel of Mercy would be a slightly better representation.

As for a niche, I expect she would have contacts and associates within the theater, though I don't see her actively employing anyone else. Kind of expect her to be background to major plots, unless there's a reason for her /not/ to be.

Ah, okay; that makes sense. She sincerely wishes to help and believes disease-murdering them is the best way to do so, in other words?

You mentioned hourglass figure and so on; I may have been assuming.

I don't always do major plots, so no worries about that. But I actually wanted clarification on:
"Her methods drove her to seek - and in time find - a niche market for her personal brand of curative medicine."
Who's part of her niche market?

I was thinking the customers/patrons/audience of the theater.
Within that social circle at least.
If they're drawn in to the setting by a lack of moral or sane judgement, they would be prime targets.

Mm, I see. So she'd be sort of an outside contractor, specializing in disease.

That's workable.

Mhm!
So, if that works with your ideas, I'd be more than happy to play her. c:

Okiedokes~ when I start the thread proper I'll drop you a PM. :3

Much obliged. c:

The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - sir - 11-26-2014

Did some cogitating; the only thing I've come up with doesn't sound very inspired (to me) but I'll present it for your approval/disapproval.

Odile is contacted by M. Mirdath to assist in a Terminus- a theater function that ends with the death of the participant, with their approval and encouragement.
The subject of the Terminus is a minor lordling notorious for his excesses with his servants, who has reaped a just reward in the form of a disfiguring infection (centered on what remains of his member). The only willing subjects of his attention are, therefore, the employees of the theater, and this and other factors have compelled him to request assistance with a pleasing suicide.

As an expert in diseases, it is Mirdath's belief you will be of great assistance, and also that you will yourself enjoy the ceremonies.
Mirdath's messenger is Pierrot, a soft-hearted and pox-faced syphilitic of African descent who works for the theater as a means of extending his life. He has certain reservations about this particular party. He's not entirely sure who it's for.

The Theater of Ends [Recruiting] - Kat - 11-27-2014

Ooooh.
I didn't check this. o wo;

Okay, so that sounds like such a fun concept!
You can message me if you'd prefer to talk on skype about it, but I'm interested, for sure. o:
You're a very interesting cookie.