alonimi
Historical - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Forum: Seeking (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=75)
+---- Thread: Historical (/showthread.php?tid=556)

Pages: 1 2

Historical - tanith - 11-16-2014

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I've been craving something more Historical. 

-Japanese Heian
-Japanese Edo
-English/French Georgian
-English Regency
-English Victorian 
-American Wild West
-English/North American Edwardian
-English/North American 1920s

The problem is I'm not sure how to make it work without it eventually becoming too boring. It doesn't have to be 1x1, it could be group if people are interested. It doesn't have to have romance or sex, although It would be nice. ;) I'm just open to suggestions. I'm not one to run an RP, so help would be required. It doesn't have to strictly be historical, I would prefer that women can be/do whatever they want, and we could throw in some zombies in there too, or whatever else is needed. Just fishing for ideas and seeing if there is any interest at all. 

Some ideas could be a Royal Palace, a Saloon, above/below stairs, cruise liner, bright young things, theatre, life of poets and artists, victorian vampires and other creatures, Pirates (Tanith is a pirate, aw yiss) etc. For some reason I'm craving a love/hate rp thing, yeah. ;)

So,  I don't really know what I am doing, or what will happen with this, but I thought I would give it a try and just ask. Everyone is so much more creative than I am with coming up with ideas, so I'll happily take any suggestions. ^^

Historical - euphoricvoodoo - 11-16-2014

I do love me some history. 1920s you could go bootleggers, secret nightclub, gangsters sort of thing or the flip end the cops trying to stop them.

American Wild West so many places you could go there. Gang of bank robbers. Why am I listing a bunch of crime things? I don't know.

Here we go English Victorian cops trying to catch Jack the Ripper or any of the variety of strange criminals around that time. I do know a fair bit about Jack the Ripper so that could totally be doable perhaps with a bit of assistance though because I've never run anything.

Pirates would be pretty awesome. The golden age of piracy or otherwise.

Historical - tanith - 11-16-2014

Could do something deadwood-ish for the wild west. ;P

Ooooh, jack the ripper/detective stuff sounds fun! I don't know much about Jack the Ripper, aside from the movie from hell and a book I read about it a while back. But I could do mah research.

Pirates during the Georgian/Regency age would be interesting. Tanith is a pirate so it would be nice to play her again soon.

But yeah, I've never run anything either, I'm not sure how to start/run a successful RP. Hopefully someone with experience will pop in and help. :P

Historical - euphoricvoodoo - 11-17-2014

Yes help us experienced people, you're our only hope.

Historical - nusith - 11-19-2014

I like the Ripper idea. Could be fun, plus I love that Victorian styled old gothic English style of stuff. I'm willing to play one out.
You can have some one as the killer, the detective/s, and general characters involved.

Historical - euphoricvoodoo - 11-19-2014

Yeah would need to figure things out like do we go full on historical with the cops never catching the killer or alt-history it and have an arrest at the end. And do I have people come up with their own characters for it(detectives coroners cops ect.) or do they pick the actual historical persons involved. And I know about the crimes and the suspect I think did it and it's not difficult to connect the two now with all the information we have it's just if I do go with that how to connect the two back then. Which may just require some more research on my end because the cops did end up watching the dude so they had to know somehow. But then there ought to be more than one suspect. And there is a good website I can unleash the detective players on to let them decide who they would like to investigate and let them play out how they get to that suspect. Hmmmm. Perhaps do-able. I need to do more research. Which makes me unreasonably happy because I do love research.

Historical - nusith - 11-19-2014

I think an open play (create own characters, similar murder like happenings and so on would be more fun) rather than follow the cases or history closer.

I had an idea for a small group rp that would be fun in this case. One moderator running the rp, private messages little roles to players like: one player has a cop character and they receive a message that they have to destroy evidence, or take part in hiding a body, or know the victim: and have to work that into the game play. If this makes any sense.

Historical - euphoricvoodoo - 11-19-2014

Yeaaaah that might just be easier. My brain kind of went fuck that noise when I tried to devise a plan. SOmething like that could work. Have to be sure to throw in red herrings and things that didn't matter when describing scenes and testimonies and things. Yeah and pm things so as not to ruin the story posts by being like oh and soandso knows soandso. It could work.

Historical - tanith - 11-19-2014

I just realised I wrote Hisorical instead of Historical :|Derp

Historical - nusith - 11-20-2014

I'm game. Looks like on my days off I won't be outside much, we just got 2 feet or more of snow dumped on us over night. My ass is staying inside lol. So I'll be on at least once a day to do posts.

Historical - tanith - 11-20-2014

same. I'm getting snow where I am too, but since I live a block away from work there isn't any chance that I will have time off :P besides, I don't want to lose any pay, so at least me being close to work means I can stay and let people who live further out can go home.

^^

But yeah, let me know whats going on. I'm in!

Historical - nusith - 11-20-2014

I'm like 27 miles away from where I work. Not even the same town. Funny though that the people who live close to the store call in, but those of us miles away make it.

Ok so I'm willing to play a detective and at least 3 other characters. We need extras to kill off in an rp like this. Also whoever the admin is can select the killer, or it can be talked over in private messages, and maybe even set up 2 other characters to appear to be the killer, but turns out they are not in the end. So it will be a real mystery.

Historical - euphoricvoodoo - 11-20-2014

I was thinking more about not revealing anything about the killer in their posts other that like general attitude and thought processes during the crime and any continued actions. So they could be one of the suspects but there would be separate posts as the suspect and as the killer if that makes sense. Easier that way I think.

Historical - tanith - 11-20-2014

Watching some documentaries on Jack the Ripper. I've seen many on Victorian times, so I am pretty confident there. Are we going to play with History a little bit, or try to be as authentic as we can? I'm better at playing women, so I was thinking of a female character who is investigating on her own, but would possibly befriends a detective working on the case and she tries to get info from him/help him the best she can. Type thing.
I could play multiple characters too, and there could be side stories within the main plot too. Perhaps create a world in Victorian London, but focus on the east end kind of thing. Whitechapel was probably the poorest place in the 1880s

yep yep

Historical - euphoricvoodoo - 11-20-2014

Most historical fiction anythings play with history a bit so why shouldn't we? More fun that way.