alonimi
Into the realm (Private: nusith & aeryonsun) - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Fantasy (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+--- Forum: Misc Fantasy (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+--- Thread: Into the realm (Private: nusith & aeryonsun) (/showthread.php?tid=555)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Into the realm (Private: nusith & aeryonsun) - nusith - 01-04-2015

Drake felt himself already nodding off. *Stay with me all night. Can you do that?* Drake felt his body easing into the couch. *I wish you were really here. I want to feel your warmth next to me.*

Into the realm (Private: nusith & aeryonsun) - aeryonsun - 01-04-2015

Miles laid down *of course I'll stay with you. Shall I tell you a story? Or would you like to tell me something?*

Drake's eyes were already moving slowly under his lids. *I just want you here. Maybe you can make my dreams better.* Drake rested his hand on his chest and imagined it over Miles' hand.

Miles closed his eyes *I wish I was there too. I wish I cuddled up with you. Are you a cuddler?*

Drake smiled *I am, very much so. I like to cuddle.* He felt his body get heavy. His mind already began to wander close to his dreams, or rather nightmares. *I want you here so bad.*

Miles frowned, Drake's tone sounded sad *Do you need me? Parker is asleep, I can get over to you. I'll leave my brother a note...*

Into the realm (Private: nusith & aeryonsun) - nusith - 01-05-2015

*It's just... I have this re-occurring dream I can't explain. I just don't want to see it again, but it comes almost every night around this time of year. I just need to know I'm not crazy. You don't have to come over, just be with me, linked. Please.*

Into the realm (Private: nusith & aeryonsun) - aeryonsun - 01-05-2015

*If I stay linked there is a possibility that I'll see your dream.* Miles frowned, worried *Do you mind?*

*I don't mind at all. In fact you might be able to help me. I'm not a bad detective, but the biggest mystery I have yet to solve is this dream.*
Drake's mind began to wonder and he saw himself standing in a large white room and Miles was nearby. He smiled over at Miles and walked toward him and took his hand.
"I hope this isn't weird for you. Being in my head like this... I've never let anyone in here but it doesn't feel strange to me at all to let you in."

"No," Miles took a deep breath, getting his bearings, "it's something us unicorns do all the time. It's fine. Do you know where we are?" He looked around the barren room.

Drake shook his head. "It always starts out blank then.." The room began to change to a dark room in a hut. There was a bed where a woman lay dead, her face covered with a bloody sheet. A man's voice was heard talking to another man.
"It's a bad omen I tell you. Twins are a bad omen, but this." He looked down at two sleeping new born babies. "They are apposing elements. This is very bad."
He looked to his friend who seemed to be deep in thought.
"I agree it is a bad thing. She died while bringing them to this world, also a bad omen." He scratched the stubble on his chin. "Yet they are so few. To kill the babies would be a terrible loss, bad omen or not. Our kind are dwindling."
"Then what should we do?" The other asked. "We can't let the villagers know of this. They will wish to sacrifice them to you know who" he whispered the last part in fear.
"We shall separate them" he said simply. "Should they ever meet again, they will be very powerful indeed. For now they must learn to be strong alone." The man reached down and lifted one baby in his arms. It began to scream and the other followed. Both babies screamed loudly and reached for eachother.

Drake felt tears streaming down his face. "I don't know who they are or what this means, but I always feel like I'm being stabbed in the chest and then I wake up in a cold sweat." He looked at Miles.

"My God...I think..." Miles looked so upset. The children's cries broke his heart, "I think... it's a memory..." e looked over at Drake, "I think you have a twin..."

Drake looked back at the empty room and the dead woman left behind. He felt sick. "A twin?" He clutched his chest. "But dragons are never born in pairs. They are always only children." He looked to Miles again. "Theres some one out there who is part of me then. I have to find him, or her. I wonder if they are looking for me then if this is true."

"This dream seems powerful. I'd be very surprised if they aren't having it to," Miles squeezed Drake's hand as he thought of something, "Or, what if they already figured it out and are pushing this dream onto you? Some powerful unicorns can use dreams to search for people. I'm not sure how it's done and maybe dragons can't even do it, but maybe your twin is already looking for you?"

Drake looked around the room. "Then there should be a clue right. If they are using the dream to find." Drake pulled Miles close. He normally kept his life private. This was by the far the most he had ever let anyone in before. Not even his ex knew of this dream.
Drake saw something carved into the wall and squinted his eyes. It looked to be frosted around the edges.
"Is that a name?" He stepped closer and looked harder. He could make out an L, maybe an A at the end, then the dream began to fade. He began to grow frustrated as everything changed back to the white room. "Dammit!" He growled deeply. His eyes flashed with anger but feeling mile's hand in his instantly calmed him. He took a deep breath and hung his head low. "I almost had it. Began with an L and ended with an A."