alonimi
The Desert Rose Bordello - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+--- Forum: Misc Sci Fi (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=79)
+--- Thread: The Desert Rose Bordello (/showthread.php?tid=534)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Desert Rose Bordello - thedarkwyrm - 11-17-2014

"I have a very specific skill set.  People who want to put it to use pay me very well for it."  He leaned in close to her, slowly brushing the knife across her stomach, gently pressing the blade against her breasts, right where they rose from the smooth skin of her chest.  "Everything of value I own, everything I trade, including the oil with which I bought your time, is blood money.  I earn my wages with sweat and souls and blood."

He slowly swirled the knife around her breasts, making a casual figure-eight, the razor-sharp blade gliding over her skin.  With the precision of a surgeon, her pressed it into her just enough to make her feel it, the cold bite of the metal, but careful enough to keep it from slicing too deep.  He didn't want to spill her blood, didn't want to make pain the primary sensation.

Not yet, anyway.

"I enjoy the luxuries in life.  I don't look like I've had to work hard.  But I've found a niche.  The work I do is hard, even if I do not have to overexert myself to do it.  Because no one handles a knife like me."  He lightly flicked the tip of his knife across each of her nipples, ruby eyes locked onto hers, sharp teeth bared in a hungry grin.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Tindome - 11-17-2014

Niyol made a face, because despite himself the realities of hiring a whore for his sister was still extraordinarily distasteful. "I don't know exactly what she's looking for, and I don't want to know," he said, "but I figure anyone getting paid won't do anything she doesn't like and won't try to stick around." Because that was the real trouble, romance meant ineligible matches, meant marrying men she shouldn't, meant getting knocked up by some lowlife who thought it was his ticket to the good life.

He looked to where she pointed at the end of the bar, then rolled his eyes, groaned in an exaggerated show of horror. "The bulky side, she says. And the desert's on the warm side, too." He scratched at the stubble already dotting his jaw, reached into his suit to find his pipe. Cheaper way to smoke than cigarettes, an easier way to use the tobacco they grew at home, yet another small indicator of just how spoiled rotten he was. He looked both thoughtful and irritated as he struck a match against his bolo tie, much closer to the expression he'd had when the woman had first hailed him.

He was probably not going to be able to throw that man out any windows. He hated him on principle. Mai would adore him.

With a sigh of smoke, he turned that smile back on, pointed at her with his pipe. "I'm going to trust you," he said, "on account of I have a weakness for extraordinarily beautiful women, of which I hope you will not take advantage." He drew on his pipe again, and tried not to think about his sister trying to climb some kind of aryan man-mountain.

Ugh.

But he brightened when she offered her hand, took it in a hand soft enough that it was hard to believe he even braided his own hair. "Pleasure to meet you, Vegas," he said, clearly basking in her admiration. "I'm Niyol – that's Niyol. Not Neil." He stressed that last part, because it was not a misstatement he was willing to overlook, no matter how pretty the face.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Ghostly - 11-17-2014

The bordello was as lively as always tonight, there could be any number of chance encounters to be had that might give way to a more promising future. Not to say that Alder complained about his situation too much. After all, he lived a fairly well off life, more so than the average cretin could live in this rather desolate future. If he saw his prospects in the long term tending to the technical needs of a whorehouse and getting paid for sex in his off time, then the answer would be resounding denial. A man like himself had been graced with hands skilled enough to work in an environment that had lost most of it's desire for such knowledge and a physique to handle the common miscreants one could possibly run into. If not for the bordello there was a high likelihood that he'd be just another scavenger hunting out in the wastes preying on anyone that was unfortunate to pass by, for that he was more thankful than he ever showed. That said he looked for ways to better his standing; the bordello was a start, but by no means an end goal.

At the bar counter he'd have been sipping on the usual swill the Desert Rose served on the cheap side, but Cashmere was surprisingly absent from her position. Alder wondered what kind of trouble the lovely miss could have possible gotten herself into in a place like this—a rhetorical thought, obviously. There he stood all groomed up as one could be in these wastes with not an offer to be had so far, which was often a better scenario than having to sift through the unpleasantries of turning away a less than appealing individual seeking his time.

There wasn't a chance that Alder had not noticed the entrance of a pair of new faces that graced the Desert Rose dressed up in attire far too nice, putting even his own appearance to shame. These two had it set in this world despite all odds, and for that he'd keep his baby blues on them without outright gawking. The conversation the male had with Vegas would go unheard, the mechanic too far off to eavesdrop over the common chatter in the main room. Still, he'd not waste a moment in shooting his gaze over to the pair with a cock of his head when his name came up out of the blue from the fellow coworker Vegas; there was a name and a woman he could get behind.

Was the man here to purchase his time?

While Alder would find himself performing quite unsavory deeds for the right price, being asked to bend over was not one of them. That said not a moment was wasted in straitening out his slacks and shirt before stepping over to the two shorter individuals just in time to catch the tailwind of their comments to one another.

"Vegas, dear, I somehow do not believe that I've been called over here because you wish to buy my time." Cracking a genuine smirk to show teeth that were not not perfect, but close enough, Alder then turned those shining orbs down towards the gentleman she wished. "What is it I can do for you this evening?" The smell of tobacco filled the air and Alder was immediately regretful he had smoked his last cigarette last week after a fit with the unruly generator. Depending on how tonight went though, he might get the chance to fill his lungs with cancer sooner rather than later.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Kat - 11-17-2014

"Don't we all?" Kismet quipped while trying to ignore the dagger drawing lazily against her flesh. He was a warm sort of insane, all wrapped in pleasant packaging, but his smile always betrayed him and the woman was quick to take notice. Likely, she had realized he was bad news from the moment his tongue slipped on choice of pet names, but what could she really do besides pretend this wasn't as heart wrenching as it may have been? Kismet's features were a well practiced mask of sexuality, and such a face often helped to shift the tides in tense situations, but there was no way to alleviate the tension a knife brought into the mix. Every rise and fall of her breasts threatened her safety, their supple swell decorated in goosebumps that seemed to exist just to accentuate his blade. One could make anything erotic if they chose to, but Kismet didn't find herself falling into another bout of lust over the thought of injury. Even if Kirai was trusted, what was this game he was trying to play with her? What was the end goal?

There were a great many things to ponder as her sights fixated on the direction he worked with his movements, barely able to stop from flinching when the tip was prodded through her skin. The panic was a flash, brief enough to be ignore, while he continued speaking. Her response was a very short one, avoiding any direction mention of things that could triggered more than a simple prick of the weapon. "And you enjoy me..." Kismet said it as a fact; a reminder so he wouldn't get lost in his fantasies.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Tindome - 11-17-2014

Niyol turned his head toward his sister, raised a hand to wave her over. «Mai,» he called, switching languages, «get over here, hurry it up.»

She practically leapt out of her seat, though her excitement was borne mostly out of boredom. Sitting alone in a whorehouse wasn't actually terribly interesting, no matter how many bracelets she had to fidget with, no matter how many of them were actually puzzles around her wrists. At least one of them she had managed to twist into an uncomfortable configuration, and she was trying to set it to rights as she joined her brother where he stood. «What's going on?»

«I got you a present,» he said flatly, gesturing to the man in question without enthusiasm. «Will he do?»

She looked at him, then back to her brother, brow furrowing slightly. «Do for what?» She looked back to the tall blonde, then to the woman behind the counter, and then felt very, very silly. "Oh! Oh." Her eyes went as round as her mouth, and she immediately tried to cover her surprise in a cough.

Obviously he was a whore. They were in a whorehouse. They were in a whorehouse looking for a whore. But somehow she hadn't imagined this plan ever actually coming even close to working, somehow she hadn't imagined whores looking like that. She found herself utterly unprepared for the reality of what she had mostly agreed to as a way of getting off the reservation for once.

«He looks like he should be wearing a cape,» she managed finally. «Or a badge. Or getting a kitten out of a tree.» These conceptions were mostly based on things she'd seen men doing on the covers of very questionably written literature.

«He looks like he's going to give you smallpox and then steal your shit,» Niyol snorted. «So he'll do, then? Please say yes, I would like to get this over with as soon as possible.»

«Will he actually… does he really want to…» She'd thought that he'd end up finding some waifish doll of a man, someone sickly or strange who'd interest her not at all. And instead he found… a man. A very attractive man. An extremely attractive man. The most attractive man she had ever seen, what the hell did a person even do with a man who was obviously twenty feet tall and–

«If it mattered what he wanted he wouldn't be a whore,» Niyol said with a roll of his eyes. He hit the brim of her bowler hat with his pipe so it fell down over her eyes, and she huffed indignantly as she set it back to rights. "My sister likes you," he told Anders, summarizing the conversation. "What is the fact that she likes you going to cost me?"

The Desert Rose Bordello - Kat - 11-18-2014

Vegas didn't expect there would be anything to concern Niyol, though she would let him decide for himself because she didn't see forcing a situation on either party to be beneficial. The transaction didn't actually involve her agreement beyond simple introductions, and even that was out of a respect for Cashmere. Palm flat in the gentle hold of her male companion, she gave an amused exult and responded in kind with, "And I'll be sure not to forget." Something in his gaze made her a bit more conscious of her appearance, and as discretely as she could be, Vegas combed fingers through her thick ebony locks. Alder didn't waste time accompanying them, larger than both, and probably gentler than a man his size had any right to be. Sometimes Vegas would kid about how, in another life, Alder would've been a running back in the NFL, but she didn't even know he got the reference.

Most things she spoke about were long forgotten, like manners and civility, and in some places, God.

"I wouldn't drop a bent spoon on you, babe." Flashing the blond a cheeky grin, she motioned to Niyol and tried to fill in whatever gaps there were to the conversation. "But you would be doin' this man a service, and I know you're always lookin' to help someone in need out." Back to bar tending while details were swapped and words were spoken, she asked offhandedly, "Anyone want a drink while we're here?" Dark hues found themselves falling on Mai when she had made a closer approach, and Vegas inquired between the deals being made, "How 'bout you? Want anything to drink or eat, hon?"

The Desert Rose Bordello - Tindome - 11-18-2014

Mai looked over to the apparent bartender, one hand still on her hat, blinking in surprise. Niyol was the one who made the deals, so he usually acted as her intermediary if there was something she wanted - or something someone wanted from her. She'd had horror stories drilled into her head, besides, about how outside Dinétah they ate rats and drank paint thinner. But if she was going to be doing... with someone who looked like...

She was going to need a drink.

"Do you have tequila?" she asked, before recalling that Niyol was holding all the barter goods. She glanced down to her bracelets, but she knew not everyone traded in trinkets. Still, a lady might be more inclined than a ruthlessly practical nomad, so it might be an option. She tugged a thin line of plain silver from one of her wrists and set it on the counter, checking that Niyol wasn't looking. She'd not have him undermining her authority by pointing out her trade was terrible, if it was. She'd rather seem frivolous than stupid, even if they usually went hand in hand.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Ghostly - 11-18-2014

The male Alder had been introduced to gave the taller handyman a once over before calling over another in a manner of speech not quite recognizable.Of course this gave him somewhat of a pique in interest. Rare was it in this world for one to keep up in a language other than the common spoken ones. Native tongues were but one of many casualties of the great war.

She was a gorgeous, if not an innocent appearing gem that was being displayed for Alder to sweep up. Lucky for him.

Wasting not a beat that cocksure grin on the blonds lips managed to grow wider as he held back a laugh for what he had to say in response to the aforementioned price of his business. "How about her hand in marriage?" With one so serious, Alder expected nothing but the best of responses from the one indicated as the beautiful woman's brother. Thinking on it for a moment though, a potential option was to be attacked. While he didn't fear too much a physical battery from the smaller of men him pulling out a gun stood out as a frightening possibility, especially considering the assumed wealth he had. Not letting his statement stand out in the open air too long Alder gave a hearty laugh to push the joke aside.

"I'm flattered that your sister can appreciate an appearance which I have been born with." A sentiment that he had to give a nod of those bright locks towards before returning that strong gaze to her brother. "My cost entirely depends on what you have to offer, and it looks like you are quite invested in this situation." Rubbing a closely shaved chin with well worked digits he'd rap a free set of knuckles against the bar counter to catch the attention of Vegas one more last time. "Can I get a shot of the older whiskey, love? You know I'm good for it."

It was looking to be a wonderful evening, and he'd start it off right with a bit of preemptive celebration. Alder was put a touch off at the situation with a brother propositioning another man to spend an evening with his sister, but to each their own he supposed. Who was he to judge in this messed society?

"How about this, if your sister is left dissatisfied at the end of this exchange you'll owe me not even a glance." All business now, Alder had since wiped that smug look from his features and stood fully upright with his shot in a firm grip. The gentleman was clearly displeased in this whole endeavor, but for whatever reason was fit to see it through. In this case, Alder was more than prepared to take advantage in any way he could. "If however, the miss is pleased with the time I show her then we can discuss payment." Turning that sapphire gaze over to Mai he'd presume the transaction at an end.

"Do we have a deal?" In this closing sentence he'd down the shot of brown liquor and set the dirty glass on the wood of the counter. The two had not even exchanged names, but in reality neither cared for the other so what was the point in formalities in this awful world?

Check.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Tindome - 11-18-2014

He really wanted to punch him.

He wouldn't. But he'd think about it, as if by doing so Alder would somehow wind up punching himself through sheer force of will.

Arranging for payment after the exchange of goods was a good way to get conned. It wasn't something he did for livestock or oil, and it sure as hell wasn't something he'd do for his sister. «He's trying to play us,» he said over his shoulder.

«It sounds like a good deal to me,» she said, peering around her brother's back.

«That's the point, it sounds like a good deal until it's over and done and he decides what he wants is enough oil to swim in.»

«That doesn't sound enforceable,» she giggled. «Agree to the terms, Niyol,» she said, in a pleading tone, as if she were trying to coax him instead of giving him an order. Niyol's jaw went stiff, practically grinding his teeth as he realized he was going to have to agree to less-than-ideal terms.

The fact that the man was going to be with his sister was bad enough without adding a bad deal on top of it.

Mai was already looking back to the bartender, shiny silver gears turning in her head. "Can I get some of that whiskey, too?" she amended. "I'll pay for the both of us."

"That... sounds great," Niyol lied, while his sister inexplicably tried to ingratiate herself with a man whose affections were being purchased regardless. "We have a-"

Hastily throwing back her shot, Mai interrupted Niyol by pushing him away from the bar counter so he was no longer standing between her and Alder, a feat she managed mostly thanks to the element of surprise and a lower center of gravity. She held out a hand through the newly vacated space, face flush with liquor and nervous anticipation. "Hi," she said breathlessly, "I'm Mai. Niyol didn't tell me your name?"

The Desert Rose Bordello - thedarkwyrm - 11-19-2014

She wasn't overly fond of his knife.  It wasn't uncommon.  He grinned down at her as he traced the knife up between her breasts, resting the tip lightly at her throat.  "I do enjoy you, my dear Kismet.  But I think I would also enjoy it if I had you under my knife.  Pain can be quite an exhilarating sensation, both to endure and to inflict."  His tongue flicked across his lips.  "But you are only a rental, not a purchase.  I might make marks on a woman I owned, but no one person owns you."

Not yet, at least. His grin matched his internal thoughts, and could possibly have betrayed them.  Then again, she already thought him a bit mad.  A misplaced grin would hardly change that.  He trailed the knife up her neck, resting the blade briefly under her ear before letting it glide down, pressing the flat of it gently over her lips, almost in a shushing motion.  "Don't worry, my pet.  I promised not to harm you, and I won't break that promise.  But a little pain never really harmed anyone."

The Desert Rose Bordello - Kat - 11-20-2014

Vegas did her best to keep from laughing, doing so much as to look away from the sibling's interactions for the time being. Drinks were made, divvied out to those who sought them, and she absently slid the bracelet she had been offered off the bar top while Niyol was busy sizing up Alder. Not in a position to pass up payments, the stand-in bartender pocketed the jewelry while conversation continued. To think she had set this up was an accomplishment, and the smile present bloomed over time, practically beaming when Mai pushed her brother aside to greet Alder. "Guess that'll be it then." Still, she was aware of there being more to it than a gentleman's agreement, and motioned to the open log on the counter. "Alder, don't forget to sign this off before you head out." The surrounding area wasn't a bad place to host a date, even if it was little better than a gaudy patio set up with mismatched furniture, but there was room to move and ideally, privacy to be had. Vegas was excited for Mai, even if she didn't really expect much outside the realm of casual chit chat and practiced courting, but sometimes that was just what a girl needed to feel appreciated.

Not all men of the wastes had any interest in wooing their target of affection, and though paying for a partner to share a date with was considered normal, it hadn't always been so acceptable. Now though, between marauders and miscreants, Vegas knew this was the best option for locals. Besides, the bordello only housed and hired clean individuals, each given a physical by the in-house physician (who had very soft hands and a very clever mouth), Vegas included. "Any last drinks for the road, or are ya'll settled square?"

The Desert Rose Bordello - Kat - 11-22-2014

Every shift of the knife earned an equally subtle shift of her body, though Kismet's expression was a serene mask of calm. After all, it did her no good to fly off the handle, even if being 'under his knife' was not a promising scenario. "I'm trusting you to remember you can't mark up the merchandise." And what sort of response would Kirai think this woman could give? Her livelihood relied on her appearance, and other buyers had no interest in a battered shell. If they wanted that, they could easily sweep through any high noon pit stop and surf the damaged goods for sale from Dreglettes and discarded sorts. "But I'll play with you-" His lips made a seal across hers and she was silenced, still very aware of the steel edge grazing between her breasts. One could feel her shiver every time the blade threatened to push too deep, coasting surface area like a roving shadow.

Kismet's tongue probed gently towards Kirais, parting his mouth to taste him, even though she knew it to be as unsettling as his weapon. Having yet forgotten his previous comments, the two teetered on the edge of a relationship, and falling to either side would drastically change the game. She didn't know if she was ready for anything of the sort when Kirai was settled between her spread thighs, pressing his still sticky sex against her own. "You just want to see me cry... But maybe I'm pretty when I cry." Breathing the sentiment in the space between their faces, Kismet let her eyes return to meet his gaze. "Does that excite you?"

The Desert Rose Bordello - Ghostly - 11-22-2014

Again, there would be an absence of witty and or intelligent quips from Alder when the two fell into their familial rhythm of what he assumed their native language. He couldn't possibly know what they were discussing, but it was hard not  to assume that the specifics more than likely surrounded the current transaction. Whether or not the terms of his deal were accepted mattered little in the end to the mechanic. Rejection would be met with another drink and continued patience in waiting for the next promising fish to walk through the entrance.

When the sibling returned a with a begrudging look towards Alder he almost expected such denial, but instead was greeted by a rather forceful movement of the man by the fair young maiden he was to woo. Not even having a chance to get a full sentence out, and his services purchased the unusual prostitute cracked an arrogant grin at his victory; he'd long deserved this payday.

That look didn't stay for more than a second, he had a job to do after all having just received what he should call his suitor. "Mai." The taller blonde mused over her name as he did with many first encounters, mostly used in this case to give off a sense of class which was severely lacking in this environment. Those devilish blue hues matched with a gleaming smile while he took hold of one of her hands and raised it to his lips, having to lean down more than slightly to perform the chivalrous act. "Alder." Would be the single word spoken as their gazes would connect. "I'm pleased to meet you tonight." Alder was by no means of the upper class as few were graced with such a privilege in this decrepit landscape, but he knew more than enough to act the part from experience.

Was her brother upset? Alder wouldn't share in the amusement of such a situation as he didn't even glance to see if this was the case. Instead, he brought up a single finger to Mai while he went over to the sign in board to scrawl his name and a brief note across a thin line on the paper. Returning to his date, Alder extended a lengthy arm of his for her to loop her own in, letting the male lead the innocent lass through the den of sin. His room certainly not the first choice in showing her a proper experience with a man, instead she'd find herself outside, this time through a side door.

Once in the open air Alder let a low chuckle escape his massive form, running digits through short blonde locks. "I don't mean to start this date off sounding rude, but I have to know. What is the point of this? You must have others more of your standards around where you live? The well off tend to stick around others from what I've seen." Into the start of the evening there hung a temperate warmth around them, a byproduct of the war that the world had yet to recover from. A perfect setting with stars bright in the sky as he led her over to a set of fairly worn cushioned seats facing the one another. One could say curiosity got the best of him with what he had asked, even if it might cost him his payment.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Tindome - 11-22-2014

Mai tried, and failed, to stifle a bout of nervous giggles as he kissed her hand. Logically, this was the furthest thing from romantic. But logical wasn't the word for eyes like that, for a smile that set her stomach all to fluttering and shot lightning up her spine. Such a lovely change of pace, compared to men who couldn't even be bothered to pretend, not even a little and not even for a moment.

It wasn't asking that much, really, to wish that they'd pretend. Her brother's bafflement puzzled her so much, when he should have known better than anyone how much a person could appreciate being lied to.

"Pleasure to meet you, Alder," she said, all wide smiles and glee. It faltered on his name, because though she did not have much of an accent, her instinct with his name was to go too short on the last syllable, to gloss over the vowel. Just the slightest bit off, but she could tell and it irritated her. She might have been able to get the hang of it, but standing around saying his name repeatedly seemed unbelievably awkward. More awkward, rather.

Biting down on her lower lip as he went to make their arrangement official, she realized she'd been twisting her left braid around her fingers. Ordinarily she fidgeted with her bracelets, but her subconscious seemed to make some kind of distinction between idle and anxious fidgeting. She took his arm as soon as it was offered, and it took her two steps to match his every one.

That nervous giggling escaped her again at his question; his curiosity made it feel less staged, less arranged. A real question, asked by a real person. "Where I live…" Oh, but this was going to be very difficult to explain for any number of reasons, and only some of them were cultural. "Dinétah has all sorts of eligible men," she said, "but I don't much care for them, and I have a hunch they don't really like me either."

A little sad to have to let him go, she held her dress as she sat to keep it from sliding higher on her legs. "There may have been a – slight – misunderstanding. On the part of my clan. Regarding some meetings I was having with men that would been very, ah, not allowed. If that was why I'd been meeting them. But I wasn't." It seemed a bit silly to want to make certain a gigolo didn't think she'd been sleeping with scavengers. "So they got it in their heads that I'd gone some kind of man-crazy, and when trying to get me safe and married didn't work, my brother thought. Well. He thought he'd get it out of my system with a man he could pay to leave after."

She rubbed her hands over her cheeks, as if she could somehow cool them with her fingers after this lengthy and embarrassing confession. "I could have just explained how they were wrong, but at first I thought they'd give up after too long, and then when my brother had this idea… I don't get to go out much. Niyol, he goes whoring all the time, but when a woman leaves the reservation it's a whole thing so having an excuse was. Being able to have Niyol take care of all the arrangements to go out, normally he'd never. I wasn't actually planning to – bilagáana aren't – this whole plan has sort of gone all sideways on account of you're pretty." She ducked her face downward in such a way that she could hide it behind the rim of her bowler, disguising a look as if she were flinching away from the literal death by mortification that surely approached.

The Desert Rose Bordello - Tindome - 11-22-2014

This was going to wind up costing them a fortune. Not least because all it would take was a sob story, the slightest hint of desperation, and his sheltered little sister would be absolutely beside herself to give him anything she could.

Irritating. The metaphorical blank check itched at him like an open sore, and he considered going back out to where the warriors assigned to guard them were waiting. More than he got when he left Dinétah alone, and in those cases they usually came along for fun as much as protection. These ones were all business, because outsiders couldn't be trusted with women unless they had knives to their throats. Not that he was planning to call the whole thing off just yet, but it might be a good idea to warn them in advance if he thought someone was trying to take more than he was owed. They had a zero tolerance policy about that kind of shit, these days.

Closing his eyes for a moment, he took a deep breath, let the air move through him and chase away the stiff irritation of his limbs. That lazy smile returned as he stuck the pipe back between his teeth, took a long drag this time. "Well I could go for a drink," he declared to Vegas, moving closer to the bar so he could lean against it again. "How about I have some of whatever's your favorite?" he suggested, and he could only hope she did not have a particular taste for rotgut. He probably ought to have been saving his goods for whatever Mai's new pet would be charging, but he felt a petty desire to treat himself as a response to her behavior.