alonimi
WOLFPACK OOC - Printable Version

+- alonimi (https://alonimi.net)
+-- Forum: Out of Character (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: OOC (https://alonimi.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: WOLFPACK OOC (/showthread.php?tid=525)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

WOLFPACK OOC - danixiewrites - 01-15-2015

Multi-thread lurking to catch up on reading new posties: accomplished. XD

WOLFPACK OOC - Kat - 01-15-2015

My old guild got back together and they're talking me into Tera so we can play an mmo together again, which is nice, but just another distraction.
I literally have to force myself to go to the laptop (which is void of all the goods my pc has) and bang out posts. @_@

Ooooh nooooes! Smile I love MMO socializingness, and everyone needs mostly mindless breaks. Having a separate compy is fraggin' brilliant, imo :D

It's not too time consuming, but it does take up a chunk here and there.
Luckily, or unluckily depending on how I feel at the time, most of my guild is European, so their time zone and mine are completely opposite.

That's how my guildies were in college. The bulk of us were California, East Coast, and England. I wound up playing from about noon to 3, and spoke with an accent for my afternoon classes until the influence wore off. O.o

Right now, I have two in England and one is Sweden. We had one in New Jersey and one in Connecticut as well, plus all the rotating cast that came and went.
I just don't want to get too tied up until Trevor and I have settled on an apartment.
So far, there've been a good many we like - it's just deciding and seeing them in person.

I can't wait to furniture shop. o wo

WOLFPACK OOC - danixiewrites - 01-16-2015

Good deals and spaces available? SCORE. There are some big furniture sales in December/January, so you can swipe some fun stuff! Smile

Since we had bits and pieces moved around of like, a mash of college furniture for most of the necessities (read: bookshelves and desks lol), furniture shopping for our house was literally like, "you know how you guys said you were 'thinking' about buying a new couch/bed/washer-dryer?" to everyone we knew, and cruising yard sales and flea markets (I used to do a lot of refurb). Found a kickass deal on dressers at a consignment store....never knew what would turn up!

WOLFPACK OOC - Kat - 01-16-2015

That's what I'm always telling Trevor.
Consignment, estate sales, even Craigslist can be worth it.
Once we figure out Trevor's hours at Starbucks, we'll be able to estimate what we can spend.
At least rent and utilities will only run us $500 or so. @w@

WOLFPACK OOC - danixiewrites - 01-17-2015

Hells yes. We buy most of our non-consumables consignment or thrift these days; I wish there were more adult clothing-centric ones around us, but at least there's a bunch of places for children's clothes. *shrugs* Scooped up a file cabinet for $8 last year. Because I needed one, but wasn't about to budget $75+ for the darn thing. You never know what will turn up. Furniture wise...I buy mattresses and cushiony things new, or get them from a friend who knows where they've been lol. I'm too weird about bed bugs and spider eggs to pick them up without knowing where they've been (we've never had an issue with bed bugs, but we did acquire a couch from craigslist infested with spiders AND fleas. *shudders* That...is not something I wish to experience again. Incidentally, the fridge we craigslisted worked fantastic.). Smile May you find everything you guys need at awesome prices (or at least enough of what you need at awesome prices so you can buy that one thing you reallyreally want at any price lol)! :D (Still thinking: dang. $500. That's pretty kickass. Places around here have cheaper rent than most places too, but don't often include utilities.)

WOLFPACK OOC - Kat - 01-19-2015

I think we'll probably buy mattresses new, bed frame and the set up used.
I know I once got a pretty sweet hot tub off Craigslist, but that was years ago at this point.
We're getting closer by the day though.
Just figuring out how we're gonna pull it off. o wo;
The initial move is always the weirdest - though we do have a coffee date with our friend Ronah off the interwebs.
Hopefully that'll go smoothly. > u <;

WOLFPACK OOC - danixiewrites - 01-19-2015

If you're scoring the mattress and boxspring new...you can usually get them to throw the metal frame in for free; that'll get it off the ground at least until you find something nifty. *shrugs* You'll pull it off like...MAGIC!  A crazy-making whirlwind of flurrious magic.  *whoosh*  And then it'll be done.  Muha.  Have fun meeting peeps!  Smile

WOLFPACK OOC - Kat - 01-20-2015

It was pretty fun.
Ronah (The dude we knew from imgur of all places) was talkative, and listened to us when it was time to shuffle the conversation ball along, and he even paid for the meal.
So, our friend date was a success.
We now have: 1 Friend in Houston.

WOLFPACK OOC - danixiewrites - 01-25-2015

Score one for a new in-person friend! :D Hope you guys had a great week!

WOLFPACK OOC - Kat - 01-25-2015

A busy week mostly.
Busier for Trevor since he started work.
Though, otherwise, pretty good.
Just exhausted. =w=

How've you been doing?

WOLFPACK OOC - danixiewrites - 01-26-2015

Woot first week of work in a brave new land, Ghostly! *fistbump* Glad to hear it!

I'll have a better answer on the "how ya doing" Q after hubs' test tomorrow. ^_^ Also I find out if I'm part time or jobless on Feb 10th. We're in okay shape & he's on board with me trying out self publishing for a bit before we decide when/if I need to take contract work or when/if he has to upgrade his job title, so... Good stress? On that point? Still working hard, because I really am giving work damn near everything, (read: it's not a healthy thing) so any way it shakes out, I'll be leaving the office & focusing on self publishing at some point this year & am ready. Smile This makes for a good evening & lots of words lol